Discuss Scratch

Dreamo
Scratcher
500+ posts

Melodia |Expansion|

MelodiaCo wrote:

@All Members
Updates on the Melodia thread! Now, customers can order something that goes beyond the free order. The person filling out the Custom Order may ask the customer for a fee of a love it, a logo, a follow, etc, but note that if I see it's too demanding, I'll veto it and make the fee a love it.

-Haiming
The time I spend on artwork can range from 10 mins to over an hour. Now I will have a reason to spend a lot of time and effort on a request

TheHockeyist
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Melodia |Expansion|

popper12 wrote:

TheHockeyist wrote:

MelodiaCo wrote:

@All Members
Updates on the Melodia thread! Now, customers can order something that goes beyond the free order. The person filling out the Custom Order may ask the customer for a fee of a love it, a logo, a follow, etc, but note that if I see it's too demanding, I'll veto it and make the fee a love it.

-Haiming

@Haiming
This might be controversial, but I'll support for the moment. If it does become controversial, then I'll ask to remove it or tone it down.
What he said.

Btw, like my new siggy?

Yes. I laughed at it.

popper12
Scratcher
100+ posts

Melodia |Expansion|

Dreamo wrote:

MelodiaCo wrote:

@All Members

-Haiming
The time I spend on artwork can range from 10 mins to over an hour. Now I will have a reason to spend a lot of time and effort on a request
I think a “Love it” would be a respectable fee.
Minimal asking. Asking to follow is just dumb. Favoriting something you dont like isnt good. But a Love-It will be a “Try this, its not bad kinda thing”

My signature protected from evil kumquats by elite swordsmen

Haiming
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Melodia |Expansion|

What's up with the kumquat rage?!
TheHockeyist
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Melodia |Expansion|

Haiming wrote:

cheddargirl started it all.

Dreamo
Scratcher
500+ posts

Melodia |Expansion|

TheHockeyist wrote:

Haiming wrote:

cheddargirl started it all.
I remember when she was the only person with a kumquat related signature…. not anymore

MelodiaCo
Scratcher
100+ posts

Melodia |Expansion|

@TheHockeyist
Just to let you know, the Custom Order form was inspired by you. It makes me think that there are people like you that want to order specifically, but couldn't because it strayed away from the form.

-Haiming

Last edited by MelodiaCo (Sept. 11, 2014 18:11:44)

popper12
Scratcher
100+ posts

Melodia |Expansion|

MelodiaCo wrote:

@TheHockeyist
Just to let you know, the Custom Order form was inspired by you. It makes me think that there are people like you that want to order specifically, but couldn't because it strayed away from the form.

-Haiming
Lets have fees only for Super-Duper HD Regulars/Customs.

TheHockeyist
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Melodia |Expansion|

MelodiaCo wrote:

@TheHockeyist

-Haiming

@Haiming
Thanks. You're going to satisfy a lot of future costumers! I hope we expand our… what should we call it, our “pseudo-business?” even more!

Haiming
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Melodia |Expansion|

Updated the post.
Haiming
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Melodia |Expansion|

We need to get more customers. How should we do that?
popper12
Scratcher
100+ posts

Melodia |Expansion|

Haiming wrote:

Hmm. Maybe book an interview with a newspaper? “Buy” adspace from them?

Dreamo
Scratcher
500+ posts

Melodia |Expansion|

popper12 wrote:

Haiming wrote:

Hmm. Maybe book an interview with a newspaper? “Buy” adspace from them?
Lol feels like marketing instead of Scratch. I've already received an interview from one of the most popular newspapers, so I'm not going to ask for adspace.

TheHockeyist
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Melodia |Expansion|

Haiming wrote:

The customers come as they please. We cannot force them to come.

MelodiaCo
Scratcher
100+ posts

Melodia |Expansion|

Hey Dreamo, would you mind looking at Down. I added music and a ball character. I need to change the ball to a person, and every time I move him, there's this animation of him turning and running. You know what I mean right? And tell me if the music's nice. Thanks!

-Haiming

Dreamo
Scratcher
500+ posts

Melodia |Expansion|

MelodiaCo wrote:

Hey Dreamo, would you mind looking at Down. I added music and a ball character. I need to change the ball to a person, and every time I move him, there's this animation of him turning and running. You know what I mean right? And tell me if the music's nice. Thanks!

-Haiming
Allright, I'll try. Please don't expect much - Humans are my worst fear as far as art. I'm still going to try, and also my animating isn't that great.

Haiming
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Melodia |Expansion|

Dreamo wrote:

MelodiaCo wrote:

-Haiming
Allright, I'll try. Please don't expect much - Humans are my worst fear as far as art. I'm still going to try, and also my animating isn't that great.
I don't mean a huge animation. Just like make his legs move or something lol
popper12
Scratcher
100+ posts

Melodia |Expansion|

TheHockeyist wrote:

Haiming wrote:

But we CAN raise the level of knowledge about our shop.

TheHockeyist
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Melodia |Expansion|

popper12 wrote:

TheHockeyist wrote:

Haiming wrote:

But we CAN raise the level of knowledge about our shop.
True. We're usually near the top of the Requests forum, so should we really be making a big deal?

Dreamo
Scratcher
500+ posts

Melodia |Expansion|

Sorry guys, but can I quit the collab part of the shop? I'll still complete orders and be active, I just don't have the time to work on down, with my multiple other collabs, school (I have lots of weekend homework) and sports. I hope you understand.