Discuss Scratch

-DRACON-
Scratcher
8 posts

Projects not saving bug (Having this issue? Click here to discuss)

in all seriousness though, this is a major problem they need to fix, otherwise the amount of scratch projects will drastically decrease, and there would be no scratchers posting
nyanpy
Scratcher
7 posts

VioletCalico wrote:

Irobot10 wrote:

-gge wrote:

known affected places:
canada
the u.s.a probably

i assume that the server thing affects parts of canada and usa at least, but definitely not everywhere, since violet isn't having any saving issues.
It might be in the us since i live in it. But like people said, it might not be everywhere?

I live in the US, but the glitch doesn't effect me. Maybe it's just parts of the US.

I don’t live in US but it happened

when green flag clicked
ask [who are you?] and wait

[I am a average muffin]
-DRACON-
Scratcher
8 posts

nyanpy wrote:

VioletCalico wrote:

Irobot10 wrote:

-gge wrote:

known affected places:
canada
the u.s.a probably

i assume that the server thing affects parts of canada and usa at least, but definitely not everywhere, since violet isn't having any saving issues.
It might be in the us since i live in it. But like people said, it might not be everywhere?

I live in the US, but the glitch doesn't effect me. Maybe it's just parts of the US.

I don’t live in US but it happened
it's also in Australia, and presumably more places that just haven't shown up yet
0rdovician
Scratcher
1 post

Yeah, I'm having trouble with this too. Does anyone know when/if it will be fixed?

Last edited by 0rdovician (April 15, 2021 04:35:21)

-gge
Scratcher
1000+ posts

poster (could be added to op later)
also the bug is apparently fixed. but it isn't. at all. (for me at least)

Last edited by -gge (April 15, 2021 04:42:06)

《 ? | aug 9 | ravenclaw | a | shift+down for more signature》
V CLICK THAT TO MAKE GRIFFPATCH FOLLOW YOU V

(+-(▪_▪ :: looks)-+ :: sound)// this is kumquat eater. she eats kumquats.
[/scratchblocks]

-gge
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LucianCroitoru wrote:

Let me explain what causes the glitch with the project not saving: When you add music that's longer than 5 minutes to your project, it will most likely not save. You'll have to cut out at least half of the whole music or even delete it in order to save the project just fine. This glitch happens to me, so that's why I am always using music that's like 3 minutes or something. However, long music isn't the only reason why this could happen. In fact, it can also happen if you aren't logged in with the account your project is saved on. Simply make a project on one of your accounts, then open a new tab and log into another account. Your project from the first tab won't save. Of course, this can also happen due to server issues, but the Scratch Team always fixes them. I hope I helped you! Have a nice day!
even if you dont put any music in the project, and you're signed in, saving then reloading makes all your work vanish.

[/scratchblocks]

-DRACON-
Scratcher
8 posts

-gge wrote:

LucianCroitoru wrote:

Let me explain what causes the glitch with the project not saving: When you add music that's longer than 5 minutes to your project, it will most likely not save. You'll have to cut out at least half of the whole music or even delete it in order to save the project just fine. This glitch happens to me, so that's why I am always using music that's like 3 minutes or something. However, long music isn't the only reason why this could happen. In fact, it can also happen if you aren't logged in with the account your project is saved on. Simply make a project on one of your accounts, then open a new tab and log into another account. Your project from the first tab won't save. Of course, this can also happen due to server issues, but the Scratch Team always fixes them. I hope I helped you! Have a nice day!
even if you dont put any music in the project, and you're signed in, saving then reloading makes all your work vanish.
not just saving and reloading, you could just save your work and go to explore, then go back to your project and find everything gone
-gge
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LucianCroitoru wrote:

-gge wrote:

LucianCroitoru wrote:

That means it's a server issue. But most of the time, it happens if your project has long music. At least for me.
the bug is that, when you click save, is says the project saved, but then, when you reload, or leave the page, go somewhere else, then come back, all your work vanishes.
i'm gonna test if uploading a thing from the scratch 2 offline editor works

[/scratchblocks]

eighteyedalien
Scratcher
36 posts

huh. im having the same problem, it must be a server issue, idk what else it could be
ive lost over 5 hours of work from this happening today, TWICE. i've just downloaded the sb3 for my project and will just wait until the issue is solved.
it was actually working fine for me in australia several hours ago, after the first recorded case of it.

ive tested it, it even doesn't save projects that just have 1 block in it. this has to be fixed FAST

Edit: It works again, at least for me! Can anybody else check it, I might just be lucky. My project just came back without me doing anything.

Last edited by eighteyedalien (April 15, 2021 05:46:09)

-gge
Scratcher
1000+ posts

you can upload stuff from the scratch 2 offline editor.

[/scratchblocks]

jask82006
Scratcher
500+ posts

I am also facing the same issue.. I made a pen project. I put 3 hours to it. And when I shared it the project was blank. There was just scratch cat and nothing else.

M0d_gamrTutor1
Scratcher
7 posts

So i want u all guys to try this project for your selft! I remaked it for just all of u!
https://github.com/ModGamerBackup/Backup/tree/main
eighteyedalien
Scratcher
36 posts

IT WORKS AGAIN! MY PROJECT HAS SAVED!
-gge
Scratcher
1000+ posts

eighteyedalien wrote:

IT WORKS AGAIN! MY PROJECT HAS SAVED!
not for me (

[/scratchblocks]

Dr-Dust
Scratcher
7 posts

-gge wrote:

known affected places:
canada
the u.s.a probably

me and my friend had this happen and we are in australia
Quexiz
New to Scratch
44 posts

I'm in India, and I tried creating costumes in my project, saving, and refreshing multiple times - but they disappear every time.
Edit: I just looked at the front page of the bugs and glitches forum, and it's full of people saying that their project won't save either. The scratch team has probably definitely noticed the problem now, and is probably working on fixing it.

Last edited by Quexiz (April 15, 2021 05:59:40)

Last edited by kaj, tomorrow 23:59:59
letterlanguagessaver
Scratcher
25 posts

Scratch Team please let people save their projects it's always annoy people so can you please stop with this not saving glitch please
-gge
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Dr-Dust wrote:

-gge wrote:

known affected places:
canada
the u.s.a probably

i am aware that it affects australia too. havent updated that post

[/scratchblocks]

-gge
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Quexiz wrote:

I'm in India, and I tried creating costumes in my project, saving, and refreshing multiple times - but they disappear every time.
Edit: I just looked at the front page of the bugs and glitches forum, and it's full of people saying that their project won't save either. The scratch team has probably definitely noticed the problem now, and is probably working on fixing it.
its currently 10pm-2am in the usa right now, which is where the majority of the scratch team is, so they probably havent noticed it yet

[/scratchblocks]

PetalsSilversteam
Scratcher
55 posts

-gge wrote:

Dr-Dust wrote:

-gge wrote:

known affected places:
canada
the u.s.a probably

i am aware that it affects australia too. havent updated that post
Can confirm! East side America here and I cant save ^u^;;

~Petals