Discuss Scratch

VioletCalico
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Projects not saving bug (Having this issue? Click here to discuss)

bodapatime22 wrote:

So, I haven't checked up on this topic in a while. Has this issue been resolved yet?

Pretty much. A few people are still having the issue, but it's mostly fixed. Now it's just the thumbnail glitch that is bugging people.

hermione609
Scratcher
4 posts

VioletCalico wrote:

bodapatime22 wrote:

So, I haven't checked up on this topic in a while. Has this issue been resolved yet?

Pretty much. A few people are still having the issue, but it's mostly fixed. Now it's just the thumbnail glitch that is bugging people.

I'm still having this issue but it's just for a sound file. I have a song file already on my computer and when I try to import it to scratch, theres this thing that just pops up saying it can't save my project.
MarioBrosU22
Scratcher
100+ posts

hermione609 wrote:

VioletCalico wrote:

bodapatime22 wrote:

I'm still having this issue but it's just for a sound file. I have a song file already on my computer and when I try to import it to scratch, theres this thing that just pops up saying it can't save my project.
That just sounds like a normal ‘passed the 10mb size limit’ this save glitch doesn't show any errors

Hi its me
VioletCalico
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Conclusion:

I have concluded that some people may be still having this issue, but the bug is mostly fixed. If you are still having this issue, it maybe be because of the 10mb size limit on sound.

bluefox_fvuytfbyg
Scratcher
35 posts

this is happening a lot now and its getting REALLY annoying. Even mallo222 has this problem

Check out my Profile! Look at my Projects! Follow my Followers! And I hope your day's been good!
hermione609
Scratcher
4 posts

MarioBrosU22 wrote:

hermione609 wrote:

VioletCalico wrote:

bodapatime22 wrote:

That just sounds like a normal ‘passed the 10mb size limit’ this save glitch doesn't show any errors

oh ok, thanks! I didn't know about that glitch. when I used a different song file it worked thanks again!
GavinGames2013
Scratcher
55 posts

when green flag clicked
destroy this STUPID glitch PLz
SCMC54
Scratcher
100+ posts

OK i have a few fixes for this glitch!

#1. (most effective) Turn off your wifi then turn it back on, then click try again, then it should save correctly

#2. (newer and more unstable) Switch to a different tab. wait 5 seconds, go back, then click try again, it should save correctly.

\_('o')_/ it's big brain time

An Unknown Entity wrote:

reject humanity return to monke
Hacker-Cat2
Scratcher
26 posts

One of my projects wasn't saving either. I'm pretty sure it said it was too, but when I refreshed the page, I lost over an hour of work. Btw, I live in Canada. Another problem I'm having is that the thumbnail doesn't update when I save a project (even when it actually does save).
WindowsMeRules2000
Scratcher
500+ posts

it happened on my computer too

Having trouble with My Stuff, or profile comments? Discuss the issues here: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/727967/
Hello, I’m WindowsMeRules2000. I am mainly active on Questions about Scratch, Help with Scripts, Suggestions, and Bugs and Glitches, and I often reply to posts with zero responses. I like Love Live! and Doki Doki Literature Club. Follow me so I can get to 2K!

I apologise but my signature (and now yours) has the Social Virus and cannot appear in public. If you have seen this social experiment and want to join in, simply replace your signature (or a line of your signature) with this.

(๑\>◡\<๑ :: sensing) // This is Sayori, she spreads positive vibes
(¬_¬ :: #ffc2fd) // This is Natsuki, she prevents dupe suggestions and identifies rejected suggestions
(ーー; :: looks) // This is Yuri, she answers questions in the QaS forum
(:\) :: pen) // This is Monika, she helps people in the Help with Scripts forum

ThatOneCoder5423
Scratcher
36 posts

This is happening to me too, and i only have 30 backdrops.

yo

im sketch lololol
ThatOneCoder5423
Scratcher
36 posts

oh wait nvm

yo

im sketch lololol
WindowsMeRules2000
Scratcher
500+ posts

might as well delete some of my unshared projects

Having trouble with My Stuff, or profile comments? Discuss the issues here: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/727967/
Hello, I’m WindowsMeRules2000. I am mainly active on Questions about Scratch, Help with Scripts, Suggestions, and Bugs and Glitches, and I often reply to posts with zero responses. I like Love Live! and Doki Doki Literature Club. Follow me so I can get to 2K!

I apologise but my signature (and now yours) has the Social Virus and cannot appear in public. If you have seen this social experiment and want to join in, simply replace your signature (or a line of your signature) with this.

(¬_¬ :: #ffc2fd) // This is Natsuki, she prevents dupe suggestions and identifies rejected suggestions

An0therRand0mC0der
Scratcher
1000+ posts

this happened to me and it's annoying
MeowFaceRBLX
Scratcher
8 posts

VioletCalico wrote:

It has recently come to my attention that several people have had issues with their projects saving. So, I decided to make a thread about it. Discuss possible ideas on how the glitch started here to prevent many topics about this issue from being made.

Basically how it works is that your project doesn't save when you click save. Or, another glitch that's almost the same is when it says it saves, but when you go back into the description, it doesn't save. If you are having this glitch or have an idea on how to stop it, discuss here.

Also, if you see any topics made about this, make sure to link this post and tell them to discuss the glitch here.

People seem to think it's a server issue, and I would agree.

For some people, the glitch is already fixed. However, many people are still having it happen to you. Discuss possible causes of the glitch here!

Also, alert the ST of this glitch if you can. If an ST member views this, they will probably start working on fixing the bug.

Some possible theories:

Too much storage - Maybe the servers can't store anything else?
Server bug - Maybe it's just something weird with the server?

Updated list of affected areas:

Parts of the USA
Puerto Rico
UK/England
New Zealand
Parts of Canada
France
India
Japan

So, I go to bed and there are 2 pages. 10 hours later, there are 13 pages XD
Now there are 21 pages!

Whenever I upload music to a project it sometimes does that. Mabye that's a cause of it.
diduganga
Scratcher
58 posts

deleted

Last edited by diduganga (May 18, 2021 06:39:31)

WindowsMeRules2000
Scratcher
500+ posts

diduganga wrote:

I have a working solution for updating thumbnail, go to the project and then click then the thumbnail should update. It works perfectly for me and it never fails for me either
Please don't post off-topic stuff.

diduganga
Scratcher
58 posts

WindowsMeRules2000 wrote:

Please don't post off-topic stuff.
Sorry, I didn't think this was off-topic because many people were making posts in this topic about it and I thought this was a help for them, anyway thanks for telling, I will delete that

Last edited by diduganga (May 18, 2021 06:41:35)

SD-10_Siren
Scratcher
49 posts

thumbnail wont work and some peoples pfp wont show, nice job st

CEO of SS&II (owned by SDE), a railfan, tank lover, siren ethusiast and vehicle lover. Soviet patroism below.
╭╮╱╭╮╭━━━╮╭━━━╮╭━━━╮
┃┃╱┃┃┃╭━╮┃┃╭━╮┃┃╭━╮┃
┃┃╱┃┃┃╰━━╮┃╰━━╮┃╰━╯┃
┃┃╱┃┃╰━━╮┃╰━━╮┃┃╭╮╭╯
┃╰━╯┃┃╰━╯┃┃╰━╯┃┃┃┃╰╮
╰━━━╯╰━━━╯╰━━━╯╰╯╰━ ╯
;
How's the dog doin?
sc-animations
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hi, thanks for making this thread. These servers bugs come along with a catch: some people, like me, are getting inexplicably IP banned. It seems to be a mistake, as when some people ask the ST, they seem to get unbanned immediately, but this isn’t good.

thank for 7 follower