Discuss Scratch

lukey13
Scratcher
12 posts

Gray Question Marks in Projects

kccuber wrote:

hiPeeps124816 wrote:

they have allegedly returned
Great! it's back! soon the user @QuestionMarkGlitch will pop in too…
when green flag clicked
forever
if <like button powed> then
say [thx so much]
end
end

l u k e y 1 3
My profile
bloctans_4
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PixelPhoneix wrote:

-Clickertale_2- wrote:

bloctans_4 wrote:

-Clickertale_2- wrote:

bloctans_4 wrote:

-Clickertale_2- wrote:

QuestionMarkGlitch wrote:

The bug is back???
In one of my “Text renderer” spites that I exported to my computer has this bug still on it (22 costumes were affected). (Here's a project that has the Grey ? in it https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/549048273/ )
Here's more images of the Grey Question Mark:
look at that glitched out font in the font dropdown
Yea like 4 different fonts appear in the dropdown with only “sans serif” being the only font that actually shows in the dorpdown cuz “Helvetica”, “Arial” and “ ”Helvetica Neue“ ” showing aswell AND the “ ”Helvetica Neue“ ” is the only one there with “” in ir's name. This bug is very intresting to say the least.
there sure is an issue tho
Thanks for telling us that extra bit of information but does anyone know what Scratch Team were even doing at the time that caused the bug?
Maybe it is back
ok, so maybe, they where adding new servers to fit the millions of projects shared every day. and during that, they may have corrupted the assets.scratch.mit.edu server.

Generation 4: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
Venatus_123
Scratcher
1000+ posts

hello_smile wrote:

Fun!
what is fun
i think you didnt read the whole OP

bug with pfp?
kccuber
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Venatus_123 wrote:

hello_smile wrote:

Fun!
what is fun
i think you didnt read the whole OP
r/woooosh. you just got trolled by sarcasm it looks like lol

Made using Nord Theme & Inkscape
-Clickertale_2-
Scratcher
100+ posts

bloctans_4 wrote:

ok, so maybe, they where adding new servers to fit the millions of projects shared every day. and during that, they may have corrupted the assets.scratch.mit.edu server.
Maybe? after all there are over 560-ish million pojects as of typing this so that could be one of the reasons!

FanaticReturns
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I still get the glitch for some reason.

I'm a retired scratcher since May 28th 2023.
bloctans_4
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-Clickertale_2- wrote:

bloctans_4 wrote:

Maybe? after all there are over 560-ish million pojects as of typing this so that could be one of the reasons!
this is sketical, after all, it may have also been a bug with the Scratch svg renderer or the Scratch svg renderer was just being updated, but not all the costumes got turned into ? marks. so my first theory might be true.

Last edited by bloctans_4 (July 31, 2021 17:15:51)

Generation 4: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
Flowermanvista
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bloctans_4 wrote:

-Clickertale_2- wrote:

bloctans_4 wrote:

this is sketical, after all, it may have also been a bug with the Scratch svg renderer or the Scratch svg renderer was just being updated, but not all the costumes got turned into ? marks. so my first theory might be true.
There is no need for speculation as to what the cause of the glitch is - the developers have already established that these question mark boxes appear in place of SVG assets that fail to load. (Source)

Add a SPOOKY SKELETON to your project!

The Scratch 3 Project Save Troubleshooter - find out why your project won't save

ST, Please Add A Warning When A Size Limit Is Exceeded

My Dumb Creations - THE BEST ANIMATION | The Windows 98 Experience (made on Windows 98) | nobody cares about Me… | the2000 Reveals His New Profile Picture | Not Dumb Creations - Ten Years
Ctrl+Shift+Down for more…
Do evil kumquats keep eating your signature? Assert your dominance and eat the evil kumquats. Did you know that kumquats are only about the size of an olive?
bloctans_4
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Flowermanvista wrote:

bloctans_4 wrote:

-Clickertale_2- wrote:

bloctans_4 wrote:

There is no need for speculation as to what the cause of the glitch is - the developers have already established that these question mark boxes appear in place of SVG assets that fail to load. (Source)
so my first explanation was true?

-Clickertale_2-
Scratcher
100+ posts

bloctans_4 wrote:

Flowermanvista wrote:

bloctans_4 wrote:

-Clickertale_2- wrote:

bloctans_4 wrote:

Looks like ti!

windows7cr_exe
Scratcher
100+ posts

when green flag clicked
forever
if <[seen post] = [yes]> then
say [THIS IS NOT A DRILL, I repeat THIS IS NOT A DRILL]
end
Help oh no this is not good I want scratch to fix this glitch:: #941bd1 hat
:O:: #ff0000 stack
:O:: #15ad00 stack
:O:: #0045ad stack
:O:: #e6f200 stack
Oh no
Note: this never actually happened to me
In order to pick your color easier type in color picker in the browser.

Last edited by windows7cr_exe (Aug. 2, 2021 00:22:31)

Signature in the style of an Acrostic Poem

Scripture
Inanimate
Great way to introduce yourself
Nice
Anything
Typing limit
Useful
Ranked “Scratcher”
Enabled features
gftvtht
Scratcher
10 posts

:sad:
gftvtht
Scratcher
10 posts

k7e
Scratcher
1000+ posts

gftvtht wrote:

:sad:
Type ":(" to type the sad face.

@mythoslore was so much more obvious than @spookily
aDude_Guy
Scratcher
83 posts

-InsanityGames- wrote:

Thanks for addressing this!
Also, I'll give you a screenshot showing a case of the issue.

A CASE OF THE BUG GIVEN FOR DOCUMENTATION PURPOSES
I got the question mark in a box glitch but it fix when i went and changed it back

@aDude_Guy, games/animations/random stuff My secret code:hihihihihihihi
when green flag clicked
forever
if <sprite = [kumquat police v]> then
point in direction of (kumquat v)
move (houses destroyed) steps
else
if <sprite = [kumquat v]> then
point in opposite direction of (kumquat police v)
if < see house?> then
destroy house with damage (100)
end
end
end
aDude_Guy
Scratcher
83 posts

aDude_Guy wrote:

-InsanityGames- wrote:

Thanks for addressing this!
Also, I'll give you a screenshot showing a case of the issue.

A CASE OF THE BUG GIVEN FOR DOCUMENTATION PURPOSES
I got the question mark in a box glitch but it fix when i went and changed it back
why do i make those grammar mistakes

@aDude_Guy, games/animations/random stuff My secret code:hihihihihihihi
when green flag clicked
forever
if <sprite = [kumquat police v]> then
point in direction of (kumquat v)
move (houses destroyed) steps
else
if <sprite = [kumquat v]> then
point in opposite direction of (kumquat police v)
if < see house?> then
destroy house with damage (100)
end
end
end
bloctans_4
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-Clickertale_2- wrote:

bloctans_4 wrote:

Flowermanvista wrote:

bloctans_4 wrote:

-Clickertale_2- wrote:

bloctans_4 wrote:

Looks like ti!
so, repost

Flowermanvista
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-Clickertale_2- wrote:

bloctans_4 wrote:

Flowermanvista wrote:

bloctans_4 wrote:

-Clickertale_2- wrote:

bloctans_4 wrote:

Looks like ti!
I mean, not necessarily. Just because an asset fails to load doesn't necessarily mean that it's been corrupted on the server - there are numerous things that could cause a temporary failure in serving assets, such as a network issue anywhere between the server and your computer, something wrong with the server hardware, or something wrong with the server software. None of those imply that the data that is being stored on the servers has been corrupted.

Also, assets is hosted on Amazon S3, an extremely reliable, durable, and scalable cloud storage service. I'm 99.99% sure that Amazon S3 storage scales without any human intervention, so I'm pretty sure that “corrupting the server when they were adding new servers” isn't even a thing that can happen.

Add a SPOOKY SKELETON to your project!

The Scratch 3 Project Save Troubleshooter - find out why your project won't save

ST, Please Add A Warning When A Size Limit Is Exceeded

My Dumb Creations - THE BEST ANIMATION | The Windows 98 Experience (made on Windows 98) | nobody cares about Me… | the2000 Reveals His New Profile Picture | Not Dumb Creations - Ten Years
Ctrl+Shift+Down for more…
Do evil kumquats keep eating your signature? Assert your dominance and eat the evil kumquats. Did you know that kumquats are only about the size of an olive?
bloctans_4
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Flowermanvista wrote:

-Clickertale_2- wrote:

bloctans_4 wrote:

Flowermanvista wrote:

bloctans_4 wrote:

-Clickertale_2- wrote:

bloctans_4 wrote:

Looks like ti!
I mean, not necessarily. Just because an asset fails to load doesn't necessarily mean that it's been corrupted on the server - there are numerous things that could cause a temporary failure in serving assets, such as a network issue anywhere between the server and your computer, something wrong with the server hardware, or something wrong with the server software. None of those imply that the data that is being stored on the servers has been corrupted.

Also, assets is hosted on Amazon S3, an extremely reliable, durable, and scalable cloud storage service. I'm 99.99% sure that Amazon S3 storage scales without any human intervention, so I'm pretty sure that “corrupting the server when they were adding new servers” isn't even a thing that can happen.
oh, but then how

k1412483
Scratcher
100+ posts

the question mark bug was not fixed for me because one of my remixes got affected today

Moved to @-Windows-