Discuss Scratch

tiktakturtle
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Anime/Manga/(Other)/ Discussion

Okamihowl122 wrote:

Endermuffine71 wrote:

Oh I wonder what the /(Other)/ section is?
(lenny face)
Vocaloid, danmakus, things like that.

OR MAYBE HEN-
What? I was gonna say hens and roosters of various Japanese breeds of chickens!

family friendly pg clean
I know what you were gonna say

rider is just a green squid shadow, emperor is superior
Dabzers
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Anyone watch the original Voltron?

inactive

yay october
tiktakturtle
Scratcher
1000+ posts

xStormfang wrote:

Maria_Chan wrote:

xX_FIDGETSPINNER_Xx wrote:

Dabzers wrote:

Endermuffine71 wrote:

Do you consider… Avatar-the last airbender… an animu?
No
Avatar is an anime and so are the Emoji Movie, Shrek and every other cartoon. Anime just means animation and isn't specific to Japan.

No, you're wrong. Anime is an animation yes, but its not that detail that sets it apart. It's the art style that sets it apart from western cartoons.
no. stop. you're both wrong.

anime is just “2d animation from japan”. theres no specific artstyle tied to it. this is anime, this is anime, all 4 of these are anime.

shrek and the emoji movie are both 3d and not japanese. not anime. atla looks like an anime but is american. not anime.
it's a joke

petsounds
Scratcher
500+ posts

this might be a bit too woke for some of you but masaaki yuasa is the only currently working person in the anime industry who makes stuff that's worth watching
ArimoTheReindeer
Scratcher
1000+ posts

xStormfang wrote:

Maria_Chan wrote:

Dabzers wrote:

Endermuffine71 wrote:

No
Avatar is an anime and so are the Emoji Movie, Shrek and every other cartoon. Anime just means animation and isn't specific to Japan.

No, you're wrong. Anime is an animation yes, but its not that detail that sets it apart. It's the art style that sets it apart from western cartoons.

anime is just “2d animation from japan”. theres no specific artstyle tied to it. this is anime, this is anime, all 4 of these are anime.

shrek and the emoji movie are both 3d and not japanese. not anime. atla looks like an anime but is american. not anime.
Anime can be 3D. It's less common, but it's true

I am but a simple cartooning reindeer who loves Fujio Akatsuka.
Dabzers
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ArimoTheReindeer wrote:

xStormfang wrote:

Maria_Chan wrote:

Dabzers wrote:

Endermuffine71 wrote:

No

That Bersek remake thing (apparently it was trash though)

inactive

yay october
whiplash2
Scratcher
68 posts

Dabzers wrote:

ArimoTheReindeer wrote:

xStormfang wrote:

Maria_Chan wrote:

Dabzers wrote:

Endermuffine71 wrote:

No

Yeah I am in the process of even making my own sD anime but I dont have a name for it or the characters yet
Dabzers
Scratcher
1000+ posts

petsounds wrote:

this might be a bit too woke for some of you but masaaki yuasa is the only currently working person in the anime industry who makes stuff that's worth watching
Well, Hayao Myazaki can never decide if he's retired or not.

unless you don't like his stuff. I can't see why.

inactive

yay october
Dabzers
Scratcher
1000+ posts

whiplash2 wrote:

Dabzers wrote:

ArimoTheReindeer wrote:

xStormfang wrote:

Maria_Chan wrote:

Dabzers wrote:

Endermuffine71 wrote:

No

Yeah I am in the process of even making my own sD anime but I dont have a name for it or the characters yet
You mean animesque? Because you're location says your American

inactive

yay october
whiplash2
Scratcher
68 posts

Dabzers wrote:

whiplash2 wrote:

Dabzers wrote:

ArimoTheReindeer wrote:

xStormfang wrote:

Maria_Chan wrote:

Dabzers wrote:

Endermuffine71 wrote:

No

You mean animesque? Because you're location says your American
No 3D i am not american backround but i am only american cuz i was born here
petsounds
Scratcher
500+ posts

Dabzers wrote:

petsounds wrote:

I'm counting Miyazaki as retired until he actually starts production on a new film.
Maria_Chan
New to Scratch
71 posts

xStormfang wrote:

Maria_Chan wrote:

Dabzers wrote:

Endermuffine71 wrote:

No

Are you kidding me? You want to argue with an artist on art?

Anime has a distinct art style. First off, it's not severely detailed. Shading is fairly basic in most anime, though it works very well because it is aesthetically pleasing. Secondly, have you seen the nose on anime characters? Its basically a line or two. Lastly, and most importantly look at the eyes. Have you seen anything other than anime with those kind of eyes? Have you ever seen an anime that qualifies as an anime where none of the characters have those kind of eyes?

The eyes argument trumps everything. Seriously don't argue with an artist on art because you will lose. And also don't argue with a person with 15 waifus on anime. you will lose.

Last edited by Maria_Chan (Feb. 28, 2018 05:32:03)

Maria_Chan
New to Scratch
71 posts

petsounds wrote:

Dabzers wrote:

petsounds wrote:

I'm counting Miyazaki as retired until he actually starts production on a new film.
Who cares lol there are a lot of good anime you probably haven't watched so watch those instead.
petsounds
Scratcher
500+ posts

Maria_Chan wrote:

petsounds wrote:

Dabzers wrote:

petsounds wrote:

Who cares lol there are a lot of good anime you probably haven't watched so watch those instead.
recommend me some then
Maria_Chan
New to Scratch
71 posts

petsounds wrote:

Maria_Chan wrote:

petsounds wrote:

Dabzers wrote:

petsounds wrote:

recommend me some then

Most of this is copy+pasted

A lot of my friends think I need help because I handle inappropriate stuff with nonchalance, just a disclaimer. However, in truth, all of them need help too in some way or another.

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai: Haganai for short, this anime is pretty good, with two seasons. However, it has a lot of ehh… very very mature themes in it. It should be no problem if you're like me, but most people aren't. Also, the ending to season 2 was trash. It ends in such a terrible cliffhanger!! The worst part? No season 3. The outro song is really, really good though.

7/10
Would have gotten a higher score, but the ending to season 2 was that bad. The only things keeping it from dropping to a 6/10 was the outro song. Also two of the characters are too cute tbh.

Urara Meirochou: It's an SoL with a plot! And all the characters are female, too, so don't get triggered for some reason. And the theme song is amazing! But… there's only 1 season… and the whole entire plot is not satisfied within this one season. The worst part? Season 2, not coming out. Ever. There are some lewd scenes in this one, watch yourself. All the characters are likable in one way or another, except for Nono who carries that creepy doll -_-

10/10
It has a great plot and all the characters are very different. It really is a huge huge shame that they're not gonna make another season.

Plastic Memories: Guaranteed to make you feel sad. The ending was really sad. I knew the ending was sad, but I was sad anyways when I watched the ending. This one is okay in terms of family-friendliness. One season, 2nd is to be determined.

8/10
It's great, really, but did it really have to end that way? It also has a cliffhanger too. Hate those so much.

Kobayashi Chi no Maid Dragon: Theres a maid. Enough said. This one is quite family-friendly. One season, but doesn't end in a cliffhanger.

9/10
It's fun to watch, but it gets kind of boring sometimes. It doesn't end in a cliffhanger, so that's a relief.

Fate/Kaleid Liner Prism Illya: Its good, has a plot, has magic girls, a lot of action, but is a spin-off of the Fate franchise. It has FOUR seasons AND a movie (seasons 2, 3, and 4 are called 2wei, 2wei Hertz, 3rei, respectively). Plus, each season has a bunch of bonus episodes and has a lot of OVA's. This one is extremely lewd but not as bad as Haganai, but almost.

10/10
It's funny, and it hooks the audience quite well. It's also quite long, even for an anime. (I mean, 4 seasons and a movie?)

C3: Has fighting in nearly every episode, which is pretty cool. There's some OP characters in here so don't get triggered. It's fairly lewd and has blood and swearing. It has only 1 season. Didn't finish this one yet because I'm watching the one below.

TBD
I haven't finished.

Date a Live: The only bad part is the main character. Its lewd, for sure.

TBD
I watched season 1, but not season 2.

Recommended to me by classmates:

Made in Abyss. One classmate recommended this to me, but she is kuudere and I don't trust her, but my friend also recommended it to me, so I might watch it.

Fate/ something i forgot the name of it. The kuudere classmate recommends this one too. Fate/Kaleid is 10x better though.

Naruto. This is so generic and has bad pacing, personally, I detest it. But one of my friends watches it and recommends.

Pokemon. Ash Ketchum will never get married.

Corey in the House. This one is a joke.
Maria_Chan
New to Scratch
71 posts

petsounds wrote:

Maria_Chan wrote:

petsounds wrote:

Dabzers wrote:

petsounds wrote:

recommend me some then

If you want, I can give you a character breakdown for every anime listed above. I have nothing better to do anyways except rewatching Haganai.
petsounds
Scratcher
500+ posts

Maria_Chan wrote:

petsounds wrote:

Maria_Chan wrote:

petsounds wrote:

Dabzers wrote:

petsounds wrote:

recommend me some then

Most of this is copy+pasted

A lot of my friends think I need help because I handle inappropriate stuff with nonchalance, just a disclaimer. However, in truth, all of them need help too in some way or another.

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai: Haganai for short, this anime is pretty good, with two seasons. However, it has a lot of ehh… very very mature themes in it. It should be no problem if you're like me, but most people aren't. Also, the ending to season 2 was trash. It ends in such a terrible cliffhanger!! The worst part? No season 3. The outro song is really, really good though.

7/10
Would have gotten a higher score, but the ending to season 2 was that bad. The only things keeping it from dropping to a 6/10 was the outro song. Also two of the characters are too cute tbh.

Urara Meirochou: It's an SoL with a plot! And all the characters are female, too, so don't get triggered for some reason. And the theme song is amazing! But… there's only 1 season… and the whole entire plot is not satisfied within this one season. The worst part? Season 2, not coming out. Ever. There are some lewd scenes in this one, watch yourself. All the characters are likable in one way or another, except for Nono who carries that creepy doll -_-

10/10
It has a great plot and all the characters are very different. It really is a huge huge shame that they're not gonna make another season.

Plastic Memories: Guaranteed to make you feel sad. The ending was really sad. I knew the ending was sad, but I was sad anyways when I watched the ending. This one is okay in terms of family-friendliness. One season, 2nd is to be determined.

8/10
It's great, really, but did it really have to end that way? It also has a cliffhanger too. Hate those so much.

Kobayashi Chi no Maid Dragon: Theres a maid. Enough said. This one is quite family-friendly. One season, but doesn't end in a cliffhanger.

9/10
It's fun to watch, but it gets kind of boring sometimes. It doesn't end in a cliffhanger, so that's a relief.

Fate/Kaleid Liner Prism Illya: Its good, has a plot, has magic girls, a lot of action, but is a spin-off of the Fate franchise. It has FOUR seasons AND a movie (seasons 2, 3, and 4 are called 2wei, 2wei Hertz, 3rei, respectively). Plus, each season has a bunch of bonus episodes and has a lot of OVA's. This one is extremely lewd but not as bad as Haganai, but almost.

10/10
It's funny, and it hooks the audience quite well. It's also quite long, even for an anime. (I mean, 4 seasons and a movie?)

C3: Has fighting in nearly every episode, which is pretty cool. There's some OP characters in here so don't get triggered. It's fairly lewd and has blood and swearing. It has only 1 season. Didn't finish this one yet because I'm watching the one below.

TBD
I haven't finished.

Date a Live: The only bad part is the main character. Its lewd, for sure.

TBD
I watched season 1, but not season 2.

Recommended to me by classmates:

Made in Abyss. One classmate recommended this to me, but she is kuudere and I don't trust her, but my friend also recommended it to me, so I might watch it.

Fate/ something i forgot the name of it. The kuudere classmate recommends this one too. Fate/Kaleid is 10x better though.

Naruto. This is so generic and has bad pacing, personally, I detest it. But one of my friends watches it and recommends.

Pokemon. Ash Ketchum will never get married.

Corey in the House. This one is a joke.
i'm actually pretty surprised at how much effort you put into this, i appreciate it
i actually watched maybe 5 episodes of haganai when i went through my anime phase a few years back. i really liked it then, though i doubt that i'd enjoy it now, as i'm not into ecchi or moe type stuff (i don't mind lewd content btw, i just don't find much appeal with ecchi)
plastic memories, c3 and made in abyss sound pretty cool. thanks for the list!
Maria_Chan
New to Scratch
71 posts

petsounds wrote:

Dabzers wrote:

petsounds wrote:

I'm bored so Ima go over all the characters of all the animu I recommend.

Urara Meirochou:

Chiya: Chiya is a 15 year old female who was raised in the mountains. Aside from being cute already, she has cat ears. She is often described as indecent because of stuff she does, just watch the anime.

Kon Tatsumi: Another 15 year old female who is friends with Chiya. I think she likes foxes a little too much.

Koume Yukimi: Another 15 year old female who is friends with Chiya. I think she likes western culture a little too much.

Nono Natsume: Another 15 year old female who is friends with Chiya. I don't like her because she carries a creepy doll thing that talks.

Nina Natsume: Nono's sister. Takes care of the four mentioned above.

Captain Saku: The guard captain who might seem bad at first, but low key she's pretty cool.

Oshima & Shiozawa: The partol guards who work with Saku.

Setsu: Chiya's caretaker while in the mountains.

Plastic Memories:

Tsukasa Mizugaki: The MC who gains a crush on Isla.

Isla: A giftia (Android) who works with Tsukasa as partners.

Michiru Kinushima: She works with Tsukasa, but is not his partner.

Zack: Michiru's partner; is a giftia as well.

Kazuki Kuwanomi: Tsukasa's boss. She is one weird lady and will never get married.

Constance: Kazuki's partner. Giftia.

Yasutaka Hanada: Veteran.

Sherry: Yasutaka's partner; giftia.

Eru Miru: a lewd mechanic

I only listed characters that were somewhat significant.

Kobayashi Chi No Maid Dragon:

Kobayashi: A normal woman who works as a programmer.

Tohru: A dragon that turns into a maid that servers Kobayashi. Sounds lame but isnt.

Kanna Kamui: A t h i c c loli dragon.

Only listed Main characters.

Fate/Kaleid:

Illyasviel von Einzbern: Main character. A loli that has lewd tendencies.

Ruby: a magic stick that Illya uses.

Miyu Edelfelt: Another main character, also a loli. Might seem like a terrible person at first, but as the story progresses it gets better, especially on season 2 episode 1.

Sapphire: a magic stick that Miyu uses.

Rin Tohsaka: Former wielder of Ruby.

Luviagelita Edelfelt: Not related to Miyu by blood. former wielder of Sapphire.

Kuro: A lewd loli that lewds everything.

Only listed main characters.

C3:

Fear Kubrick: The main reason I watched this anime. Loli with hair that resembles cat ears. She can summon torture devices.

Haruaki Yachi: Some kid who meets Fear. Fear lives with him.

Konoha Muramasa: Some girl who is friends with Haruaki. Spoiler: She can turn herself into a katana, specifically the Muramasa.

Kirika Ueno: some classmate of Haruaki who has some lewd powers lol.

Kuroe Ningyouhara: somebody who once knew Haruaki. Spoiler: She is actually a cursed doll loli.

I'm trying to be as vague as possible without giving away stuff.
Only listed main chars.

Date A Live:

Shidou Itsuka: Main character. This guy is weak and I don't like him at all.

Tohka Yatogami: super powerful kawaii girl.

Kotori Itsuka: loli sister of Shidou.

Origami Tobiichi: a meddlesome genius girl who has problems.

Yoshino: The only reason I watched this in the first place. Kawaii loli 10/10

Kurumi Tokisaki: Lewd girl that is too lewd and kills too many stuff.

Only listed characters in season 1.

If it's too vague, its supposed to motivate you into watching the actual anime.
tiktakturtle
Scratcher
1000+ posts

what is going on ‘ere. Also another snow day, yay (I still have to work though). Question: What’s your opinion on the Crunchyroll Anime Awards?

tiktakturtle
Scratcher
1000+ posts

okay, everyone just take a deep breath. let's just change the topic. What was the first anime you have ever watched?