Discuss Scratch

Suspenders101
Scratcher
100+ posts

Probehæd - The Official Band Topic - [Take 2]

I dont think my heavy feet song is going well, without knowing exactly what it will sound like, its hard for me to finish the song. Im working o another one though

Suspenders101
Scratcher
100+ posts

(in normal speaking voice)Hey friend

I hope it was worth
I know he wont for-fit
sayin' get out of my life
I said I would when I thought about it

Now he thinks i'm insolent
irregular intolerant
irrational irrelevent
hey hey hey

Chorus:
Boy you'll regret this
I'll never forget this
boy believe me
never gonna say S-O-R-R- ie

Man i dont believe this
acting like a property and your his
Boy believe me
never gonna say S-O-R-R-ie

appologies don't come forth
wont give me what its worth
come on is it that hard
well your colder colder than the north

It wasn't that bad
sad about or mad
looking at what I had
hey hey hey

Chorus

When one day I get the nerve
just to say I am
You tell me just to leave you tell me just to scram

chourus x2

Last edited by Suspenders101 (June 14, 2013 01:57:32)

Suspenders101
Scratcher
100+ posts

if you guys have lyrics to a song but need a tune fro It I could help, I just got my electric guitar back up and working

jji7skyline
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Suspenders101 wrote:

if you guys have lyrics to a song but need a tune fro It I could help, I just got my electric guitar back up and working
Cool! What kind of guitar is it?
Suspenders101
Scratcher
100+ posts

jji7skyline wrote:

Suspenders101 wrote:

a michael kelly patriot decree. It's my dad's though I'll buy it off of him soon. its a pretty sweet guitar

EDIT: I'm working on a song, but by looking at Scuba Diver and Pocrasanation, I don't think it fits, Ill post the lyrics soon, I also have a thing for the guitar so Ill sing it and put it with the guitar. (note; singing voice is not that good XP)

Last edited by Suspenders101 (June 14, 2013 03:22:35)

jji7skyline
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Suspenders101 wrote:

jji7skyline wrote:

Suspenders101 wrote:

a michael kelly patriot decree. It's my dad's though I'll buy it off of him soon. its a pretty sweet guitar

EDIT: I'm working on a song, but by looking at Scuba Diver and Pocrasanation, I don't think it fits, Ill post the lyrics soon, I also have a thing for the guitar so Ill sing it and put it with the guitar. (note; singing voice is not that good XP)
Looks like a great Les Paul inspired guitar!

Looking forward to your song. It doesn't really matter if it doesn't fit with the Scuba Diver/Procrastination theme, we can release pretty diverse music I think
Suspenders101
Scratcher
100+ posts

Rebel's Out
your still there, lucky you
in this dept he can't escape
reason to interrogate
now he knows hes much to late
lock him out and close the gate

Chorus:
Its too loud
the rebel's out
he can't stand it when you
scream and shout
Twist and turn when he sleeps at night
breaks because he's wound too tight

Shaking eyes no remedy
stuck at that one movie scene
he still listens to that song
but breaks everytime it comes on
Watching for your sorrow
youll regret tommorow
like yesterday you borrowed
he gave backin yarrow

Chorus

Bridge:
Now they are gone it is a
time he can't escape
boy he'll never be the same
he broke and can't be fixed again

Chorus x2

To think about it, i think it may fit depending on how we sing it

Last edited by Suspenders101 (June 14, 2013 03:41:49)

pinnipediator
Scratcher
100+ posts

we're going to have to start writing music to fit these songs.
My head is blank. At the moment, as far as composing's concerned, I'm almost falling as low as FL studio's riff generator. (gasp. Shock. Horror.)
Please forgive me

“Death, taxes and teddy bears- three things you can always rely on”-
Garfield the Cat.

The Intelligence Division's Bandcamp
Suspenders101
Scratcher
100+ posts

pinnipediator wrote:

we're going to have to start writing music to fit these songs.
My head is blank. At the moment, as far as composing's concerned, I'm almost falling as low as FL studio's riff generator. (gasp. Shock. Horror.)
Please forgive me
forgive for what? theres not a problem if you can't think of things. I do ,however, have an idea for a song and I know what chords I could use. It wouldnt be on an electric guitar though. but technically it is. I really like the sound of an electric when its not plugged in, so I'll record it with my electric but not plugged in and we'll see how it sounds. however, Im going on vacation for 12 days so I won't be able to get anything recorded.

All4one
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hey guys, I know I haven't posted here a lot lately, but jji and I were discussing plans on our second single and our impending debut album release.

Our second single will have “Talkin' 'bout You” on the A-side , and we have two candidates for the B-side - I Don't Get It or I Lost My Pick. Which ones do you guys think would make the better B-side? It's sort of a tough choice, but I think I Don't Get It would probably be a good B-side. But I want to hear everyone's opinion.

As for the album, we decided there will be 12 tracks on it. So far we have 9 confirmed songs on it (in no particular order):

Scuba Diver
Procrastination
Talkin' ‘bout You
I Don’t Get It
Policy Concept
I Lost My Pick
Don't Wake Me Up

That's 7. We also decided to write a song that would both open a close the record, a la Sgt. Pepper. I've written some cool music for it, and I'll send the demo for it soon. That's 9 tracks.

So then we would have three tracks left to put on the album, which should be no problem since it seems Pinni and Suspenders have written a lot of new songs lately. That's great, because not only will we have enough material for our first album, but we'll also have some leftover songs for our next album. After we finish recording and mixing our second single, we'll be focusing specifically on finishing up your songs.

My favorite one from pinni is “Thought” - I like how its lyrics have a sense of paranoia with it and it has a very interesting choice of words. My favorite one from Suspenders is “Rebel's Out”. The lyrics sound awesome and I may have an idea for it musically that will probably give it a rather heavy punch.

So yeah, we'll get to work on those songs really soon, and our second single should be coming out actually much sooner than we expected. I'll be recording all my parts today, which I'll send to jji, and all we might need after that it some little optional guitar texturing, and both of our possible B-sides have been mixed and finalized, so it might even be released by next week.

EDIT - By the way, I just realized Don't Wake Me Up sounds a lot like this.

Last edited by All4one (June 15, 2013 22:48:41)

jji7skyline
Scratcher
1000+ posts

All4one wrote:

Hey guys, I know I haven't posted here a lot lately, but jji and I were discussing plans on our second single and our impending debut album release.

Our second single will have “Talkin' 'bout You” on the A-side , and we have two candidates for the B-side - I Don't Get It or I Lost My Pick. Which ones do you guys think would make the better B-side? It's sort of a tough choice, but I think I Don't Get It would probably be a good B-side. But I want to hear everyone's opinion.

As for the album, we decided there will be 12 tracks on it. So far we have 9 confirmed songs on it (in no particular order):

Scuba Diver
Procrastination
Talkin' ‘bout You
I Don’t Get It
Policy Concept
I Lost My Pick
Don't Wake Me Up

That's 7. We also decided to write a song that would both open a close the record, a la Sgt. Pepper. I've written some cool music for it, and I'll send the demo for it soon. That's 9 tracks.

So then we would have three tracks left to put on the album, which should be no problem since it seems Pinni and Suspenders have written a lot of new songs lately. That's great, because not only will we have enough material for our first album, but we'll also have some leftover songs for our next album. After we finish recording and mixing our second single, we'll be focusing specifically on finishing up your songs.

My favorite one from pinni is “Thought” - I like how its lyrics have a sense of paranoia with it and it has a very interesting choice of words. My favorite one from Suspenders is “Rebel's Out”. The lyrics sound awesome and I may have an idea for it musically that will probably give it a rather heavy punch.

So yeah, we'll get to work on those songs really soon, and our second single should be coming out actually much sooner than we expected. I'll be recording all my parts today, which I'll send to jji, and all we might need after that it some little optional guitar texturing, and both of our possible B-sides have been mixed and finalized, so it might even be released by next week.

Mixing your tracks in currently.

And yes, the chord progression on that song does sound similar to Don't Wake me up
All4one
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jji7skyline wrote:

All4one wrote:

Scuba Diver
Procrastination
Talkin' ‘bout You
I Don’t Get It
Policy Concept
I Lost My Pick
Don't Wake Me Up

And yes, the chord progression on that song does sound similar to Don't Wake me up
I think I had listened to that song the day I wrote the music for that.

pinnipediator
Scratcher
100+ posts

that kid over there:

Hey,
that one,
that dude, that guy,
that one over there

Let's beat him up
let's pull out all his hair.
Punch him in the stomach
kick him
wind him
let's show him my new shoes
rub his face in the ground
over there.
That one, that guy, that dude.

Chorus:
that guy looks different
he won't come out of it well.
Let's beat him up
and tell him ‘no tale to tell’.
He won't come out of this one
like it's a day in the park.
Let's rob him, beat him, show him
his life won't go too well to start

That one.
That dude, that guy, that one over there.
Let's get him,
are you with me?
Let's kick out all his air.

Beat him up
and show him
his life won't be so happy
we'll show him, we'll show him,
(shouted,not sung) Get him boys and give him it hard!

Chorus

I make the first move but he pins me down
rob makes the second but he hits the ground.
Billy and joe both got it in the nuts.
No one said he was trained
he looked harmless enough.

Chorus.

Hey mate,
you guy, you dude,
you! Guy over there!
Do you want to hang with us
we'll have some fun
with that other guy there.

Not interested?
Sure mate, see you around!
(whisper) now then joe, this other guy over there?
"no man, not when he's behind us, back over there"
good point mate
let's run from here and hang elsewhere.

Like it?

Garfield the Cat.

Suspenders101
Scratcher
100+ posts

jji7skyline wrote:

All4one wrote:

Scuba Diver
Procrastination
Talkin' ‘bout You
I Don’t Get It
Policy Concept
I Lost My Pick
Don't Wake Me Up

oh, I hope that wasnt the bit I came up with XP was it?
I think Rebel's out is the best one ive written so far but maybe its tied with policy concept.
I think I might change the bridge on Rebel's Out

Last edited by Suspenders101 (June 16, 2013 15:24:18)

jji7skyline
Scratcher
1000+ posts

That kid over there seems quite a violent song :s
Suspenders101
Scratcher
100+ posts

jji7skyline wrote:

That kid over there seems quite a violent song :s
ya… kinda scary… abut good writing

pinnipediator
Scratcher
100+ posts

Based on real experiences too. I wasn't involved but I saw it happen to one guy.
Make it an evil sounding song. I imagined it being a good example of how evil people can be. There are lots of songs that do that, from lots of different eras, by loads of different artists, and this is my input into that subject.

Garfield the Cat.

All4one
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hey, guys, we're getting ready to release our second single, “Talkin' ‘bout You”. The songs themselves are all mixed and ready to go. All we need some is some album art. jji and I have already created some album art, but we’d like to see what you guys can make. Can you guys (pinni and Suspenders) try to create some album art for the song (and be sure it says “b/w I Don't Get It”). I'd love to see what you guys could do.

pinnipediator
Scratcher
100+ posts

so, quoting, album art for “Talkin' ‘Bout you”
That on it somewhere says “b/w I Don’t Get It”
and it's by Probehead, so it should say that on it somewhere too.

right?

Garfield the Cat.

Suspenders101
Scratcher
100+ posts

I was thinking this. what do you think? Tell me if I got anything wrong

Last edited by Suspenders101 (June 21, 2013 19:51:44)