Discuss Scratch

_nix
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Homestuck

Niiqht- wrote:

omg i'm crying there's a homestuck forum?? yess now i can rant abt hs^2 to my heart's content.
heck yes welcome :D we are not terribly active but i mean if nobody else replies i know ill be around to discuss upd8s lolkfdjs

Lais9502 wrote:

Niiqht- wrote:

omg i'm crying there's a homestuck forum?? yess now i can rant abt hs^2 to my heart's content. what do y'all think of the newest update? that rose/jade stuff was wack and wild.
Yeah it was crazy, also Yiffany Longstocking Lalonde Harley is a very, interesting name don't you think?
i love yiffy with all my heart and am outrageously excited to see what shenanigans she inevitably gets into

(also fun fact if yall didnt hear: besides writing the basic outline, hussie contributed two strict locks to the story: one we havent seen yet; the other is that jade must have a kid named yiffy)

a few people around were upset that kanaya kind of just seemed to take it in stride and accept that sure, her wife spent fifteen years raising a kid all without kanaya ever knowing; i think its important to note we only see the aftermath of that, i.e. kanaya at the bell tower explaining things to vrissy and everyone else. we dont know how she reacted when “rose and jade: explain everything” happened! somebody posted that maybe, thanks in large part to kanayas incredible devotion to rose (probably to a fault), she may be stifling any disruptive reaction she might have. considering theres a whole dang war going on too she might find it important to not screw things over while thats the focus!

allll that said: on p150 i shouted that wlw jade is still totally viable and that the hs^2 writers understand well that jadedavekat is not the single solitary idealistic destined ship for jade, and… yall…….. jaderose happened. we dont know the details of what their relationship was like but it *happened*. yay! :D

some people have pointed out that the convoluted story about having rose surrogate and only figuring out a name at the last second and keeping the kid from kanaya for so dang long – could all very easily be a cover story for something more scandalous :'o and honestly i find that a bit more appealing of a setting for jaderose than just… logical, only really available surrogate 4 kid :P

anyway i know i only talked about jaderose but i really loved the whole upd8 all the way through lol. it was good!!

══ trans autistic lesbian enbydoggirls // 16 17 18 19 20 21, she/they
sparrows one word to the paragraph // <3 // ~(quasar) nebula
SolarKnight
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Homestuck

i hate yiffy its such a stupid name i hate it i hate it i hate it i hate it i hate it i hate it

(they/them)
Niiqht-
Scratcher
3 posts

Homestuck

_nix wrote:

Niiqht- wrote:

omg i'm crying there's a homestuck forum?? yess now i can rant abt hs^2 to my heart's content.
heck yes welcome :D we are not terribly active but i mean if nobody else replies i know ill be around to discuss upd8s lolkfdjs

Lais9502 wrote:

Niiqht- wrote:

omg i'm crying there's a homestuck forum?? yess now i can rant abt hs^2 to my heart's content. what do y'all think of the newest update? that rose/jade stuff was wack and wild.
Yeah it was crazy, also Yiffany Longstocking Lalonde Harley is a very, interesting name don't you think?
i love yiffy with all my heart and am outrageously excited to see what shenanigans she inevitably gets into

(also fun fact if yall didnt hear: besides writing the basic outline, hussie contributed two strict locks to the story: one we havent seen yet; the other is that jade must have a kid named yiffy)

a few people around were upset that kanaya kind of just seemed to take it in stride and accept that sure, her wife spent fifteen years raising a kid all without kanaya ever knowing; i think its important to note we only see the aftermath of that, i.e. kanaya at the bell tower explaining things to vrissy and everyone else. we dont know how she reacted when “rose and jade: explain everything” happened! somebody posted that maybe, thanks in large part to kanayas incredible devotion to rose (probably to a fault), she may be stifling any disruptive reaction she might have. considering theres a whole dang war going on too she might find it important to not screw things over while thats the focus!

allll that said: on p150 i shouted that wlw jade is still totally viable and that the hs^2 writers understand well that jadedavekat is not the single solitary idealistic destined ship for jade, and… yall…….. jaderose happened. we dont know the details of what their relationship was like but it *happened*. yay! :D

some people have pointed out that the convoluted story about having rose surrogate and only figuring out a name at the last second and keeping the kid from kanaya for so dang long – could all very easily be a cover story for something more scandalous :'o and honestly i find that a bit more appealing of a setting for jaderose than just… logical, only really available surrogate 4 kid :P

anyway i know i only talked about jaderose but i really loved the whole upd8 all the way through lol. it was good!!
I don't know, personally I didn't like the update. Because, to be frank, it was kinda cheating. I think they did Kanaya dirty. Literally in BOTH timelines Rose ends up cheating on Kanaya in some way. Sure, Kanaya might be “over it” now, but is she really? We all know how she reacted with the Vriska/Tavros thing, and she may be older now, but still, that's more of a gut feeling. I don't think she's entirely over it because of her devotion to Rose, and even if she is, like you said, that isn't very good.

I also think that they did Rose kinda wrong too. I just don't see her as someone who cheats. She's kinda flirty at times, but that's kind of the end of it. I just feel like what Rose did isn't something that Rose would do. If anything, I feel like Rose would've recommended ecto-biology to Jade. That's a pretty plausible situation and it gets rid of this…weird one. I feel like the hs^2 writers don't really understand the characters imo. And while Rose can act on impulse sometimes to help people, this isn't really one of these scenarios. Rose would've thought things through. Was this really the best thing they could come up with?

I do agree that wlw Jade is a valid thing, and I'm perfectly fine with it, but maybe not with someone who's married??? Could just be me, but Rose/Kanaya always struck me as a very monogamous and non-open relationship. So I just can't really wrap my head around this entire thing. Personally I'm okay with Jaderose, not my preferred ship, but I'm fine. But just; in the way they're trying to introduce it, it just feels weird.

Also I'm not sure it was surrogate? The way they wrote it implied something else.

And this is just personal opinion, but I absolutely despise the name Yiffy, or Yiffany. It's just such an awful name. And did her middle name really need to be “Longstocking”??? Like, okay, the Jade is a furry thing is kinda funny, but honestly, Yiffy is such a stupid name for a kid and hskfhesiufhisduh I don't like it .
As for the name without a lot of personal opinion, I guess that's excusable because it was one of the locks for the story, they could've done better writing than this to “Explain Everything”.

So yeah. I dunno, the last half of this update didn't sit right with me. People are paying $4,000 a month for this comic to be made. They writers could do a lot better than this.

I'm kinda hoping the next update is “JK LMAO WE'RE MESSING WITH YOU”

But I mean, you're completely entitled to your own opinion. This is just mine of the update.
SolarKnight
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Homestuck

Jaythesonicfanman2 wrote:

Pls don't hurt me after seeing this..
bruh

(they/them)
Jaythesonicfanman2
Scratcher
57 posts

Homestuck

SolarKnight wrote:

Jaythesonicfanman2 wrote:

Pls don't hurt me after seeing this..
bruh
Just see it. You'll see why I said it.
JusticeAparment
New to Scratch
1 post

Homestuck

Just thinking about this series makes me feel miserable now.
clawthirtythree
Scratcher
100+ posts

Homestuck

homestuck

Out of all sites, Scratch is clearly the
the
the best site to go on.
KyleArcana
Scratcher
1 post

Homestuck

JusticeAparment wrote:

What is Homestuck about? I never read it before but it looks good. Is it worth reading? Where can I read it?
SolarKnight
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Homestuck

KyleArcana wrote:

JusticeAparment wrote:

What is Homestuck about? I never read it before but it looks good. Is it worth reading? Where can I read it?
its about some kids who play a weird reality altering game and also they play it with sone aliens and it gets really confusing later on. its pretty good, the fanbase has a pretty bad reputation though. whether or not its worth reading is really up to personal taste. i would say it is worth reading but its really long. you can read it on homestuck dot com (i cant type it as a link because im pretty sure itll get removed)

(they/them)
BumpSign
Scratcher
100+ posts

Homestuck

I've read to the end of what's been done of Homestuck^2, but sadly it sounds like it probably won't be finished.

New account of @monstermash3

Big fan of Peanuts and TMBG.
DragonbornEmperor
Scratcher
100+ posts

Homestuck

homestuck fans when they see outsidefree fans

that's all bye

Last edited by DragonbornEmperor (July 8, 2021 00:42:54)

I try and I try and I try to make you listen to me
chiaki_nanami0-0
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Homestuck

hi guys nepeta

Splatoon-Danganronpa-Pokemon-Gamer
oshawott vibing zone 3.0. thats right, its 3.0, also use shift + down

lapisi
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Homestuck

can someone explain the entire plot please? I keep seeing this everywhere and it seems interesting, but I also don't want to go through the entire thing since I'm not sure how long it is

don't forget

why are humans so meaty?
lapisi
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Homestuck

bump

don't forget

why are humans so meaty?
SolarKnight
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Homestuck

lapisi wrote:

can someone explain the entire plot please? I keep seeing this everywhere and it seems interesting, but I also don't want to go through the entire thing since I'm not sure how long it is
its longer than the bible

(they/them)
lapisi
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Homestuck

SolarKnight wrote:

(#5316)

lapisi wrote:

that's why I need someone to explain it instead of going through the whole thing myself

don't forget

why are humans so meaty?
SolarKnight
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Homestuck

lapisi wrote:

SolarKnight wrote:

(#5316)

lapisi wrote:

that's why I need someone to explain it instead of going through the whole thing myself
you should probably look for a youtube video or something summarizing it. i couldnt even begin to remember everything in it lol

(they/them)
ScratchCatHELLO
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Homestuck

I’m vaguely interested in reading it and I am aware that
a) homestuck used to have very long flash games
b) after flash was discontinued in 2020, said long flash games have been replaced with longer gameplay youtube videos meant to show everything in the games
c) this is by no means a good way to view the story
I heard about the unofficial homestuck collection and checked out the webpage to see if it was compatible with macos, only to find out that to use it, you need to download a 4.3 GB asset pack. I understand why it’s so big, but it seems like a waste, especially because I can read most of that on the offiical website. also, knowing myself, if I get bored of the story, I probably won’t delete the asset pack and it’ll be wasting space on my computer. is there some way to download just the flash games or even download the different parts individually?

ScratchCatHELLO
I have 5600+ posts, I've been on scratch for 5 1/2 years, I'm a Forum Helper™ and I have a Scratch Wiki account!
I like: Python, CSS, Javascript, Rust

Python 3 Text Adventure
cool new browser game - cursed laughing-crying emoji - Illuminati - you know waterbenders, but do you know stock-imagebenders? - snek - vibin' - Bump song (vevo) - Speed bump - yee - fred - m i c k e y
catlover841
Scratcher
500+ posts

Homestuck

ScratchCatHELLO wrote:

I’m vaguely interested in reading it and I am aware that
a) homestuck used to have very long flash games
b) after flash was discontinued in 2020, said long flash games have been replaced with longer gameplay youtube videos meant to show everything in the games
c) this is by no means a good way to view the story
I heard about the unofficial homestuck collection and checked out the webpage to see if it was compatible with macos, only to find out that to use it, you need to download a 4.3 GB asset pack. I understand why it’s so big, but it seems like a waste, especially because I can read most of that on the offiical website. also, knowing myself, if I get bored of the story, I probably won’t delete the asset pack and it’ll be wasting space on my computer. is there some way to download just the flash games or even download the different parts individually?
Not that I know, no : ( someone did try recreating it on scratch but they only got to page 96 before they went inactive. I guess you can read up to that page and then decide if it's worth the download (imo it is) but yeah