Discuss Scratch

PaperMarioFan2022
Scratcher
1000+ posts

New Block - run without screen refresh

Bringing this up

Hello! Welcome to my signature!

I am a real Mario enthusiast and a fan of the franchise and also getting into the field of IT. I also play Luigi's Mansion and other games too!

Profile | Ocular | ScratchStats | PostPercent | GitHub Main | Snap!

Professional Mario Enthusiast / (NEW!) 3DS FC: 2252-0951-8546 / (NEW!) Switch FC: SW-2091-2478-9614 / (removed - due to concerns in moderation) ARarePaper

I forgor my account password to give an internet ☠

I’ve been a Scratcher since 2021!

My glorious meme section (scroll down to see more)

SonicFanX123_321
Scratcher
1000+ posts

this topic suddenly teleports to the top.

this is my page

I'm not active on scratch anymore, I moved on.
UnsungCress
Scratcher
17 posts

Bump

e :: hat :: events // e
e {
e <e [e v] :: sensing> e {
e (e) e :: motion
} :: control
} :: control
Wonkymoon8
Scratcher
100+ posts

..yes, this is needed, i support it. only downside is that this can easily be done with custom blocks and also render them useless for one-time use.

define Wonkymoon8
A true up and coming scratcher! :D
Dont forget to follow me!
Wii For Scratch! https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/928218023/
epicdude512
Scratcher
86 posts

First post here for the new year, i do think its still relevant. So im bumping the topic

I am small developer with big ambitions who likes to frequent the forums, Currently i’m working on a game called the battle sticks! the battle sticks is a single player action game with inspired by battle cats! if thats you cup of tea then press this Link and play for yourself, if you don’t want to play, thats ok! i wont force you. Have a great day!
epicdude512
Scratcher
86 posts

Either way, i dont think this would be that confusing for beginners, I do think it would be much easier than custom blocks, both to learn and to actually use when you need to use it one time.

I am small developer with big ambitions who likes to frequent the forums, Currently i’m working on a game called the battle sticks! the battle sticks is a single player action game with inspired by battle cats! if thats you cup of tea then press this Link and play for yourself, if you don’t want to play, thats ok! i wont force you. Have a great day!
jmdzti_0-0
Scratcher
100+ posts

+1, but maybe just add the

block

Cubeupload is working 0/10
Highlight+shift+down to see more of my signature

─ BREAKING NEWS
The evil kumquats have rebelled and now they don't just eat signatures.
NOW THEY EAT YOUR «MY STUFF» AND OTHER 2.0 UI PAGES! triple click for more info. /j I just wanted to make fun of the bug. ngl would be funny to see people put this on their signatures. please fix this

Creator of The music finders shop, where you can get your favorite songs, without having to download from pesky websites!

My posts
My forum identifier:
uNnqYgxb7K

Keep on being creative :)

did you know that there's a way to use other emojis in the forums? Learn more…

Extra emojis

BigNate469
Scratcher
1000+ posts

No support. You can just create a custom block and check “run without screen refresh”, which works fine. What is the point in making a C block for it? It can be annoying to create a custom block every time you need to do this, but in projects where they are used, they are often used this way anyways.

Highlight any part of this signature and press ctrl+shift+down arrow to see the rest of it.
For information on a signiture, including how to make one, visit here.
Please read the list of Officially Rejected Suggestions before posting a suggestion for Scratch!
View all of the topics you've posted in:
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/search/?action=show_user&show_as=topics
View all of your posts:
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/search/?action=show_user&show_as=posts
Lesser-known Scratch URLs:
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/PROJECT ID HERE/remixtree (replace “PROJECT ID HERE” with project id number. Shows all the remixes of the project, and the remixes of those projects, and the remixes of those projects, and so on, as a chart. Link currently redirects to one of my projects). There was a button on the project page linking to this in 2.0, but it was removed.
View a larger list at: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/542480/
Why @Paddle2See's responses are so often identical: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/762351/
1000th post

The devs really need to update the scratch-gui repo- I'm getting at least 19 “npm warn deprecated” warnings whenever I try to install its dependencies, and yes, I'm using the latest version of node.js and npm. Then again, the dev page on this website and the wiki in the repo still refer to Scratch 3.0 in beta, and link the current website as an example of 2.0.
-Veevoo-
Scratcher
5 posts

theonlygusti wrote:

I think we need a c-block that runs sections of code within a single frame, like a custom block with “no screen refresh” enabled. It would allow for blocks such as “repeat ()” and “repeat until <>” to be used more freely within 1sprite1script projects, where you generally are uinable to use them because of the delay caused by their repetitions.

The block would be very similar to the old all at once block.

The block could like like this:

run without screen refresh {} :: control
see more block design ideas

As I've said, blocks like “forever” and “repeat until <>” cannot be used within 1sprite1script projects because they have been programmed with a delay between iterations. Whilst this is helpful for newer, inexperienced Scratchers I think more advanced Scratchers should have the ability to cut out this delay, which is fatal to some projects.

Please let me know if you support.
You mean like the Warp block from Snap!?
warp {
} :: grey

when <scratcher breaks the community guidelines :: extension> :: events hat
Report (scratcher :: sensing) to Scratch Team :: extension