2 posts

The Last Hope

Awesome
CatWarrior157
Scratcher
50 posts

The Last Hope

Chapter Ten
Tears streamed down Rosemary’s cheeks, falling without her permission. She had needed to leave, so nobody else could see her cry. Crying was weak, and Rosemary would not be respected if she was seen as weak.
She sat under an oak tree, large leaves casting shade over her. Here she knew she would not be found.
Who would want to find her anyway? They all probably thought she was worthless, a sore loser. Sage probably had the power to kill ten Shadow Beasts in the blink of an eye.
The shade of the tree comforted her, in a way. It was a powerful, large oak, and she leaned against it. It supported her weight. It felt good, leaning, but she knew that leaning on another cat would make her weak. Weakness was unacceptable.
She had thought that Sage was weak, but she had been wrong, obviously. Sage was more powerful than she would ever be. It hurt to know that she would always be second place to the brother that had stepped into her life and mixed it all up. Of course, she liked fighting the Shadow Beasts. She wanted to take on the darkness. But that wasn’t an option any more. It was time to go home.
She wasn’t needed, wanted. Why should she stay? Shaking the tears, horrible signs of weakness, she began to pad away from the tree. Goodbye, She told it in her mind. Thank you.
She left the territory of the Watchers, doubt prickling in her paws. What would happen if she left? What would happen if she stayed? She shook herself. Nobody there cares about me. I failed. She believed what she told herself, even if it wasn’t true.
It rained that day in the forest, hard rain, pouring from the sky. Rosemary didn’t turn back. She pressed onwards, against the pouring that soaked her pelt.
As night fell, she found a hollow in the ground to sleep in, virtually apart from the rain, with only a few leaks. She decided to sleep. She curled herself into a ball, wrapping her tail around her.
“Hello there,” A malicious voice startled her. She leapt up and whirled around. The voice had come from a cat with a pelt so black that it looked like a pure shadow. Nebula was white compared to this cat, and that didn’t seem possible. The cat had piercing, bright red eyes that unsettled Rosemary. They radiated power, a lot of it. “Don’t be afraid,” The voice spoke in an overly sugary tone sprinkled with contempt. Everything about it screamed, be afraid, oh, be afraid.
“Who are you?” Rosemary hissed threateningly. The cat just laughed, undisturbed. “Well, Rosemary, we all know who you are.”
“How do you know my name?” Rosemary whispered ragefully. “Who do you think you are?”
“It’s not just who I think I am,” The cat spoke mysteriously. “But really, Rosemary. The whole world knows who was rejected by the Watchers. But the Watchers were stupid to forget you. You have more potential than that little scared kitten, Sage.”
Rosemary fought the urge to agree and purr out the compliment. “What do you want?” She snarled.
“Me?” The cat batted their eyes innocently. “I only want to help you!” They protested.
Rosemary eyed the cat skeptically. “I don’t want help,” She meowed defiantly. “Help is for the weak.”
The cat eyed her. “Can you help me?” They asked. “We can help each other. Mutual agreements are for the strong.”
Rosemary thought about it. “What do you have in mind?” She asked nervously.
The cat smiled. “You’d better come with me.” He paused. “Oh, and you can call me Draven.”

➳ ᴀᴍᴇᴛʜʏꜱᴛ
➳ ꜱʜᴇ/ᴛʜᴇʏ/
➳ ᴀʀᴛɪꜱᴛ/ᴀɴɪᴍᴀᴛᴏʀ
➳ ᴘʀᴏɢʀᴀᴍᴍᴇʀ

❤ ᴄᴀᴛꜱ ❤
Deerdot409
Scratcher
6 posts

The Last Hope

SHADOW SOCIETY! SkEtChY
-Coffee_Kitty-
Scratcher
2 posts

The Last Hope

YESS SHADOW SOCIETY! THIS IS SO AMAZING
-0Nebula0-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Last Hope

CatWarrior157
Scratcher
50 posts

The Last Hope

Chapter Eleven
The following days passed without Rosemary’s return. The Watchers started to panic, and Sage did too. Was she upset that she hadn’t been the kit of the prophecy? Sage felt a little guilty, but he knew that it didn’t make sense to. He didn’t want to be the kit of the prophecy. He wished it was Rosemary
Even so, life had gone on, which Sage was grateful for and despised at the same time. It turned out that his power was the power to create illusions of coming dangers, and choose whether to present them as holograms or not. So far, however, he couldn’t control it at all.
The Watchers didn’t obsess over him the way they had with Rosemary. When they were around each other, they pretended to love Sage, fearing that the other actually would. But when Sage was alone with anyone except for Wish, Cypress, or Nebula, he was regarded with contempt and scorn. Everyone blamed him for having his power. They said that because it was him and not Rosemary, the world could never be saved and that they were doomed.
For someone as anxious as Sage, it didn’t do a lot of good. He worried that they were right. He would never be good enough. And now Rosemary was gone because of him.
Wish and Nebula ran around the forest all day, looking for Rosemary, so Sage was left alone with the strange Watchers. It was a good name for them because he wasn’t allowed to leave their sight. They seemed to think he might run away, which was absolutely mouse-brained. Why on earth would he do that?
Cypress entered Sage’s room. “Sage,” She greeted icily. “It’s time for your training.”
Sage got to his paws. Training was exhausting. It was hard to sense cats and what they were doing, and projecting it to Cypress made it even more exhausting. Cypress didn’t understand. She probably never would, since she didn’t have the power, and explaining it was even harder than doing it.
He followed her down the hall and into the room of the facility he had been practicing in for the past few days. It had a well-polished marble floor, but it was old-looking nonetheless. Cypress sat down comfortably on the sparkling clean floor, shile Sage stayed on his paws, fidgeting uncomfortably.
Cypress curled her tail neatly around her paws. “Show me the cat again.” She instructed firmly.
Sage closed his eyes, concentrating on the shape. The dark pelt, the strange red eyes that resembled those of the Shadow Beasts… nothing appeared. His eyes opened, and he shook his head, unable to speak after the force of the effort.
Cypress grimaced. “Try again. This isn’t just training, Sage. I need to know who this cat is and what he’s doing.”
An image flashed through Sages mind, and he furrowed his brow in concentration.
Cypress yowled in the background. “Sage! Sage! What are you doing! Do you see something? What’s happening!?”
She continued like that, but Sage hardly noticed. The vision came, but it wasn’t projecting. There was the cat… the name came to him on the tip of his tongue in the strangest way. Draven.
He was standing with another cat, a familiar one. Sage’s jaw dropped in disbelief as the vision faded away. “Rosemary,” He croaked, staring at Cypress, who was wide-eyed with shock. “That cat. He has Rosemary… and she isn’t even trying to get away.”

➳ ᴀᴍᴇᴛʜʏꜱᴛ
➳ ꜱʜᴇ/ᴛʜᴇʏ/
➳ ᴀʀᴛɪꜱᴛ/ᴀɴɪᴍᴀᴛᴏʀ
➳ ᴘʀᴏɢʀᴀᴍᴍᴇʀ

❤ ᴄᴀᴛꜱ ❤
SunniiStar
Scratcher
1 post

The Last Hope

So good! DD
CatWarrior157
Scratcher
50 posts

The Last Hope

Chapter Twelve
“Where are we going?” Rosemary tried not to sound like she cared, but after trekking for days with the strange cat who called himself Draven, she did.
“We’re almost there,” Draven assured her, and there was something in her voice that made her know that she wasn’t supposed to question that. “Just through these trees.”
Rosemary nodded, pushing through the brush. She saw a large hole in the earth, with a sort of dirt staircase running down below the ground. Shimmering, eerie lights lit the corridor. Draven smiled. “Here we are.”
Rosemary tried to hide her disappointment. The Watcher stronghold had seemed much more welcoming. Draven seemed to sense her concerns. “It’s less eerie downstairs. We aren’t evil, Rosemary. The Watchers are. We just want other cats to stay away, hence the creepy look.” He flashed her a good-natured smile.
Rosemary nodded, unconvinced. “What’s down there anyways?” She asked, paw pads prickling with anticipation.
Draven smiled. “The most gifted young cats from across the world. Cats like you, who have potential. But you are the most extraordinary by far.” Rosemary grinned. It was like a secret academy for the most important cats of all time! She puffed out her chest with pride.
Draven padded down into the tunnel, and Rosemary followed. As she got farther in, it started to seem like a comfortable place. The lights were string lights, and it was dim, but there were some glowing signs on the entrances to rooms. Rosemary didn't know what they said, but she didn’t tell anyone she’d never learned how to read. She’d never had too.
The place was actually really nice-feeling, more like home than the stiff Watchers building, even if probably a whole lot easier to make.
Draven veered into a room. “Welcome to the arena!” He announced grandly, voice ringing throughout the room. Rosemary looked around, her emerald green gaze touching every corner. It had a literal arena in the center in which two cats were fighting. A dark reddish, large tom–who seemed to have no idea what he was doing, but looked unnaturally strong. Fighting him was a nimble she-cat who seemed to have memorized every part of fighting possible, and used an advanced technique to make up for her smaller build.
Rosemary could hardly keep her eyes off the fight, but she wanted to see the rest of the room as well. There was a little counter that seemed to be for cats, and a few cats were chatting merrily as they drank bowls of something Rosemary had never seen, but it smelled like catnip and a few other delicious things. She took in a breath of the air there, touched with the slight aroma of delicious food mixed with the sweat of cats who had fought–and were fighting.
Rosemary turned back to the battle, intent on seeing what the she-cat would do against her powerful opponent. Rosemary knew she could win; she seemed to be radiating a capability she had only ever seen in herself.
Draven nodded. “Ah. You see the beauty in their skills,” He mused. “I knew you would. I only take the best of the best.”
Rosemary eyed the battle carefully, not turning to face him. “The red cat has no idea what he’s doing,” She meowed. “It’s the she-cat I’m interested in.” She watched the sand-colored she-cat with bright, intelligent, sharp blue eyes move with deft knowledge of the battlefield and her opponent, and most of all, herself.
Draven sharpened his gaze. “I suppose you could be correct,” He meowed. “We recruited Cardinal for his strength, not his practice.”
Rosemary didn’t even blink. She watched. “What’s the she-cat’s name?” She asked, whiskers angling forward. She felt something she had never felt before around her, a kind of deep energy that made her respect the cat.
Draven smiled. “Oasis. She’s the greatest warrior out of all of them, and she’s the most loyal cat I’ve ever met.” He paused. “She’s going to be my second in command one day, unless you can prove yourself better.”
Oasis pounced on Cardinal as Darven spoke, deftly pinning him in a way in which even with his superior strength, he couldn’t move. “We have a winner!” Draven’s voice startled Rosemary, but the cats all around the room clapped for Oasis, who stood victoriously over her pinned opponent. She let him go, walking to the center of the arena as he scrambled out.
“Who’s next?” Oasis called, the question hanging in the air for a heartbeat, a second of silence before any cat dared respond.
“I’ll fight,” Rosemary’s own voice surprised her. Her eyes sparked with anticipation for the battle. She knew her moves as well as Oasis, and she was stronger. She could win. She flet a little bad for the arena’s champion, but she quickly shook the feeling.
It was her time to shine.

➳ ᴀᴍᴇᴛʜʏꜱᴛ
➳ ꜱʜᴇ/ᴛʜᴇʏ/
➳ ᴀʀᴛɪꜱᴛ/ᴀɴɪᴍᴀᴛᴏʀ
➳ ᴘʀᴏɢʀᴀᴍᴍᴇʀ

❤ ᴄᴀᴛꜱ ❤
-Coffee_Kitty-
Scratcher
2 posts

The Last Hope

:0 This is so good! Rosemary the brave!