Discuss Scratch

xouzouris
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratchedia - The Internet on Scratch, that's safe (Applications Closed)

xMysticalCoder wrote:

Codingland wrote:

xMysticalCoder wrote:

Codingland wrote:

good mornin Scratchedia
what should i do
We have kept one thing away for so long.
Actually making it SAFE!
How do we plan on doing that? We can manually do it, because each of us have our own stuff, so we would need to do it automatically (unless someone can do it manually)

Here is my plan to make the website names safe:

1. The project asks what theme/idea of the website is.

2. Then the project will give out a bunch of phrases that are friendly, and related to the websites theme.
I think maybe when the user clicks create website, it should send a preview of the website to moderators and they can approve or disapprove of it. But I dunno maybe it's better automated.

>> Head of Scratchedia <<

Scratchedia is the recreation of the
internet, on Scratch, that's safe!

Random Stuff:
My little cousin asked me why we can't make and run a nuclear reactor at home…

Don't forget to keep on Scratchin'
NILL_GAMES10
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratchedia - The Internet on Scratch, that's safe (Applications Closed)

xouzouris wrote:

xMysticalCoder wrote:

Codingland wrote:

xMysticalCoder wrote:

Codingland wrote:

good mornin Scratchedia
what should i do
We have kept one thing away for so long.
Actually making it SAFE!
How do we plan on doing that? We can manually do it, because each of us have our own stuff, so we would need to do it automatically (unless someone can do it manually)

Here is my plan to make the website names safe:

1. The project asks what theme/idea of the website is.

2. Then the project will give out a bunch of phrases that are friendly, and related to the websites theme.
I think maybe when the user clicks create website, it should send a preview of the website to moderators and they can approve or disapprove of it. But I dunno maybe it's better automated.
thats what i said before

I've moved accounts. Go to my new account here.
NILL_GAMES10
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratchedia - The Internet on Scratch, that's safe (Applications Closed)

Hello
i would just like to inform everyone that i wont be active that much over the next week. This is because i wanna focus on roblox and roblox studio.


This message is pasted.
Sorry, you have to wait 60 seconds between posts.

I've moved accounts. Go to my new account here.
xMysticalCoder
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratchedia - The Internet on Scratch, that's safe (Applications Closed)

xouzouris wrote:

xouzouris wrote:

We should make a simple programming language for Scratchedia so that people can make games and stuff on websites. (of course moderated)
I can take care of that, if you want.
i have a language too, but rn it can make games and websites

xMysticalCoder
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratchedia - The Internet on Scratch, that's safe (Applications Closed)

NILL_GAMES10 wrote:

xouzouris wrote:

xMysticalCoder wrote:

Codingland wrote:

xMysticalCoder wrote:

Codingland wrote:

good mornin Scratchedia
what should i do
We have kept one thing away for so long.
Actually making it SAFE!
How do we plan on doing that? We can manually do it, because each of us have our own stuff, so we would need to do it automatically (unless someone can do it manually)

Here is my plan to make the website names safe:

1. The project asks what theme/idea of the website is.

2. Then the project will give out a bunch of phrases that are friendly, and related to the websites theme.
I think maybe when the user clicks create website, it should send a preview of the website to moderators and they can approve or disapprove of it. But I dunno maybe it's better automated.
thats what i said before

But doing it manually can take days to check, if everyone is inactive, but if its automatic, it can happen nearly instantly. From what Ive seen 15% of Scratch users play the same game on scratch, so if we make then wait, they probably wont come back.

But thats my opinion, so I dont really know.

xouzouris
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratchedia - The Internet on Scratch, that's safe (Applications Closed)

xMysticalCoder wrote:

NILL_GAMES10 wrote:

xouzouris wrote:

xMysticalCoder wrote:

Codingland wrote:

xMysticalCoder wrote:

Codingland wrote:

good mornin Scratchedia
what should i do
We have kept one thing away for so long.
Actually making it SAFE!
How do we plan on doing that? We can manually do it, because each of us have our own stuff, so we would need to do it automatically (unless someone can do it manually)

Here is my plan to make the website names safe:

1. The project asks what theme/idea of the website is.

2. Then the project will give out a bunch of phrases that are friendly, and related to the websites theme.
I think maybe when the user clicks create website, it should send a preview of the website to moderators and they can approve or disapprove of it. But I dunno maybe it's better automated.
thats what i said before

But doing it manually can take days to check, if everyone is inactive, but if its automatic, it can happen nearly instantly. From what Ive seen 15% of Scratch users play the same game on scratch, so if we make then wait, they probably wont come back.

But thats my opinion, so I dont really know.
Yes you're right. It's better automatically. I just feel like it's a little bit restrictive. What you could write would be limited.. But I guess it's safer that way.

>> Head of Scratchedia <<

Scratchedia is the recreation of the
internet, on Scratch, that's safe!

Random Stuff:
My little cousin asked me why we can't make and run a nuclear reactor at home…

Don't forget to keep on Scratchin'
xouzouris
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratchedia - The Internet on Scratch, that's safe (Applications Closed)

Jesus, the Scratch servers have really been suffering lately. It takes like 10 seconds to post a post on a thread. And no it's not my connection.

Last edited by xouzouris (May 6, 2021 15:21:14)


>> Head of Scratchedia <<

Scratchedia is the recreation of the
internet, on Scratch, that's safe!

Random Stuff:
My little cousin asked me why we can't make and run a nuclear reactor at home…

Don't forget to keep on Scratchin'
101Corp
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratchedia - The Internet on Scratch, that's safe (Applications Closed)

minecraftprox101 wrote:

Codingland wrote:

xouzouris wrote:

Also, we should change our method of communication since scratch threads are a bit slow and this thread is getting kind of messy.
What about a discord or our studio
We Cannot do a Disc*rd as that is unmoderated chat and linking unmoderated chat on scratch is not allowed.
+ If there are kids in this collab they wouldn’t be able to communicate…

This signature is sponsored by RAID: Shadow Legends!
Get 3000 coins and a new fighter by entering the code 101CORP!


(plz don’t download it hurts my head)






101Corp
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratchedia - The Internet on Scratch, that's safe (Applications Closed)

xouzouris wrote:

Jesus, the Scratch servers have really been suffering lately. It takes like 10 seconds to post a post on a thread. And no it's not my connection.
Yeah, it’s really slow rn. It takes 30 seconds to switch from messages to forums

This signature is sponsored by RAID: Shadow Legends!
Get 3000 coins and a new fighter by entering the code 101CORP!


(plz don’t download it hurts my head)






101Corp
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratchedia - The Internet on Scratch, that's safe (Applications Closed)

xMysticalCoder wrote:

xouzouris wrote:

xouzouris wrote:

We should make a simple programming language for Scratchedia so that people can make games and stuff on websites. (of course moderated)
I can take care of that, if you want.
i have a language too, but rn it can make games and websites
I also have one, and I’m working on a second one, but it currently only does games.

This signature is sponsored by RAID: Shadow Legends!
Get 3000 coins and a new fighter by entering the code 101CORP!


(plz don’t download it hurts my head)






IGABMS
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratchedia - The Internet on Scratch, that's safe (Applications Closed)

Are any of us creepy old men?

Hopefully not.

All websites should be added to a directory, like a dns. for example, the site with the address 84 could be johndoes.sp, so we could make sites take a day to be added to the DNS/moderated.
Codingland
Scratcher
500+ posts

Scratchedia - The Internet on Scratch, that's safe (Applications Closed)

101Corp wrote:

xMysticalCoder wrote:

xouzouris wrote:

xouzouris wrote:

We should make a simple programming language for Scratchedia so that people can make games and stuff on websites. (of course moderated)
I can take care of that, if you want.
i have a language too, but rn it can make games and websites
I also have one, and I’m working on a second one, but it currently only does games.
Ok, now people can make online games. (I imagine someone makes the first pong game in scratchedia and it would be historic really for our collab


Hello! I'm Codingland! I like to make games and I love to code!
I have more siggy! Ctrl+Shift+down this text!

Play my latest game! CCM (Codingland's Cloud Multiplayer)


Play Cubit here! (click the image)




Fun Fact:
The first coding language I ever learned was Scratch



NILL_GAMES10
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratchedia - The Internet on Scratch, that's safe (Applications Closed)

IGABMS wrote:

Are any of us creepy old men?

Hopefully not.

All websites should be added to a directory, like a dns. for example, the site with the address 84 could be johndoes.sp, so we could make sites take a day to be added to the DNS/moderated.
you walk up to a group of people talking. And you ask “Are any of us creepy old men?” and they look at you with a confused expression on their face.

I've moved accounts. Go to my new account here.
IGABMS
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratchedia - The Internet on Scratch, that's safe (Applications Closed)

IGABMS wrote:

Are any of us creepy old men?

Hopefully not.

All websites should be added to a directory, like a dns. for example, the site with the address 84 could be johndoes.sp, so we could make sites take a day to be added to the DNS/moderated.
Oh!

I have an idea.

Either in replacement or in addition to moderation, we could create another project and have a Python bot constantly decoding and posting anything that goes through the Scratchedia there. We could also make the bot check if one of the comments doesn't go through/if the page contains “The bad word detector…” This would mean that it would be no different than if the entire Scratchedia was just writing in comments.

Also a report feature?
xMysticalCoder
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratchedia - The Internet on Scratch, that's safe (Applications Closed)

xouzouris wrote:

xMysticalCoder wrote:

NILL_GAMES10 wrote:

xouzouris wrote:

xMysticalCoder wrote:

Codingland wrote:

xMysticalCoder wrote:

Codingland wrote:

good mornin Scratchedia
what should i do
We have kept one thing away for so long.
Actually making it SAFE!
How do we plan on doing that? We can manually do it, because each of us have our own stuff, so we would need to do it automatically (unless someone can do it manually)

Here is my plan to make the website names safe:

1. The project asks what theme/idea of the website is.

2. Then the project will give out a bunch of phrases that are friendly, and related to the websites theme.
I think maybe when the user clicks create website, it should send a preview of the website to moderators and they can approve or disapprove of it. But I dunno maybe it's better automated.
thats what i said before

But doing it manually can take days to check, if everyone is inactive, but if its automatic, it can happen nearly instantly. From what Ive seen 15% of Scratch users play the same game on scratch, so if we make then wait, they probably wont come back.

But thats my opinion, so I dont really know.
Yes you're right. It's better automatically. I just feel like it's a little bit restrictive. What you could write would be limited.. But I guess it's safer that way.
Actually we can give the user a choice. We would list the choices, write the pros and cons, and then the user can choose.

IGABMS
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratchedia - The Internet on Scratch, that's safe (Applications Closed)

Codingland wrote:

minecraftprox101 wrote:

Codingland wrote:

I am thinking we create a scratchedia guidelines site that is always at the top of the sites list
Maybe a offical scratchedia site in scratchedia? also, our TLDs should be *.scratchedia.com, *.scratchedia.page, *scratchedia.net, *scratchedia.offical, and other genric domains. (*.scratchedia.offical is reserved for offical sites, maybe the top sites list should be welcome.scratchedia.offical and scratchedia-guidelines.scratchedia.offical)
Other sites will have domains like .scratchedia.ss (Sample site) or .scrachedia.ucs (User created site)
@Codingland GENIUS!
Codingland
Scratcher
500+ posts

Scratchedia - The Internet on Scratch, that's safe (Applications Closed)

xMysticalCoder wrote:

xouzouris wrote:

xMysticalCoder wrote:

NILL_GAMES10 wrote:

xouzouris wrote:

xMysticalCoder wrote:

Codingland wrote:

xMysticalCoder wrote:

Codingland wrote:

good mornin Scratchedia
what should i do
We have kept one thing away for so long.
Actually making it SAFE!
How do we plan on doing that? We can manually do it, because each of us have our own stuff, so we would need to do it automatically (unless someone can do it manually)

Here is my plan to make the website names safe:

1. The project asks what theme/idea of the website is.

2. Then the project will give out a bunch of phrases that are friendly, and related to the websites theme.
I think maybe when the user clicks create website, it should send a preview of the website to moderators and they can approve or disapprove of it. But I dunno maybe it's better automated.
thats what i said before

But doing it manually can take days to check, if everyone is inactive, but if its automatic, it can happen nearly instantly. From what Ive seen 15% of Scratch users play the same game on scratch, so if we make then wait, they probably wont come back.

But thats my opinion, so I dont really know.
Yes you're right. It's better automatically. I just feel like it's a little bit restrictive. What you could write would be limited.. But I guess it's safer that way.
Actually we can give the user a choice. We would list the choices, write the pros and cons, and then the user can choose.
Ok, great idea. That is the key word. Idea, we need to get working


Hello! I'm Codingland! I like to make games and I love to code!
I have more siggy! Ctrl+Shift+down this text!

Play my latest game! CCM (Codingland's Cloud Multiplayer)


Play Cubit here! (click the image)




Fun Fact:
The first coding language I ever learned was Scratch



Codingland
Scratcher
500+ posts

Scratchedia - The Internet on Scratch, that's safe (Applications Closed)

IGABMS wrote:

Codingland wrote:

minecraftprox101 wrote:

Codingland wrote:

I am thinking we create a scratchedia guidelines site that is always at the top of the sites list
Maybe a offical scratchedia site in scratchedia? also, our TLDs should be *.scratchedia.com, *.scratchedia.page, *scratchedia.net, *scratchedia.offical, and other genric domains. (*.scratchedia.offical is reserved for offical sites, maybe the top sites list should be welcome.scratchedia.offical and scratchedia-guidelines.scratchedia.offical)
Other sites will have domains like .scratchedia.ss (Sample site) or .scrachedia.ucs (User created site)
@Codingland GENIUS!
.scratchedia.ofc (Official) and scratchedia.ots (Official Test Site Domain) different from ss domain because users can create sample site.


Hello! I'm Codingland! I like to make games and I love to code!
I have more siggy! Ctrl+Shift+down this text!

Play my latest game! CCM (Codingland's Cloud Multiplayer)


Play Cubit here! (click the image)




Fun Fact:
The first coding language I ever learned was Scratch



Codingland
Scratcher
500+ posts

Scratchedia - The Internet on Scratch, that's safe (Applications Closed)

Dont go to .scratchedia.ots sites, it is only for mods


Hello! I'm Codingland! I like to make games and I love to code!
I have more siggy! Ctrl+Shift+down this text!

Play my latest game! CCM (Codingland's Cloud Multiplayer)


Play Cubit here! (click the image)




Fun Fact:
The first coding language I ever learned was Scratch



Codingland
Scratcher
500+ posts

Scratchedia - The Internet on Scratch, that's safe (Applications Closed)

I searched the collab on the internet and found it


Hello! I'm Codingland! I like to make games and I love to code!
I have more siggy! Ctrl+Shift+down this text!

Play my latest game! CCM (Codingland's Cloud Multiplayer)


Play Cubit here! (click the image)




Fun Fact:
The first coding language I ever learned was Scratch



Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile