Discuss Scratch

fdreerf
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Can you hack

LankyBox01 wrote:

I don't think words are the best passwords, i think random characters are better
AbN*S??!-ooLosa0!

And also, that website isn't entirely random, each random algorithm is followed by a pattern (i. e. x+1-x/4 )
So if a hacker can break that website, (or just a nerd looking into the developer tools > sources), they can easily just guess every password combination.

It's better just to create your own randomised-character password, and never trust google password suggestions (unless they actually do get their randomness like cloudflare does)
Btw, cloudflare gets their randomness from pictures, literal lava lamp pictures.
Memorability is more important than security. And like I said, if there's ever a password leak, it doesn't matter if your password is “qwerty” or “GMGC11a4cMePQA93iama”.

Hyped for MS-DOS 11.0
Flowermanvista
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Can you hack

fdreerf wrote:

if there's ever a password leak, it doesn't matter if your password is “qwerty” or “GMGC11a4cMePQA93iama”.
It only doesn't matter if Scratch stores their passwords in plain text, which I sincerely hope they don't. For more info, look up “password hashing”.

Add a SPOOKY SKELETON to your project!

The Scratch 3 Project Save Troubleshooter - find out why your project won't save

ST, Please Add A Warning When A Size Limit Is Exceeded

My Dumb Creations - THE BEST ANIMATION | The Windows 98 Experience (made on Windows 98) | nobody cares about Me… | the2000 Reveals His New Profile Picture | Not Dumb Creations - Ten Years
Ctrl+Shift+Down for more…
Do evil kumquats keep eating your signature? Assert your dominance and eat the evil kumquats. Did you know that kumquats are only about the size of an olive?
fdreerf
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Can you hack

Flowermanvista wrote:

fdreerf wrote:

if there's ever a password leak, it doesn't matter if your password is “qwerty” or “GMGC11a4cMePQA93iama”.
It only doesn't matter if Scratch stores their passwords in plain text, which I sincerely hope they don't. For more info, look up “password hashing”.
Or they might have done the Adobe approach where “5ueS6PQiL3OvgSrtx7Wk” isn't any more secure than “Augustus29!”, assuming both are passwords which only appear once.

Hyped for MS-DOS 11.0
pandacorn_owl
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Can you hack

Flowermanvista wrote:

fdreerf wrote:

I don't think they do as if you forget it you have to come up with a new one

Hello I'm a human who used to be active on the forums but sometimes reappears for fun and stuff. I can't be bothered to make a cool signature right now so umm here's a smiley face
LankyBox01
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Can you hack

pandacorn_owl wrote:

Flowermanvista wrote:

fdreerf wrote:

I don't think they do as if you forget it you have to come up with a new one
That's security 101.
If you store passwords in plain text, what are you doing!?
If you have an account in a website that stores passwords like that, delete your account and run in case there's a databreach

ohoho i hope they hash passwords.

Do you have trouble with scratch slang? Check this awesome site out!

I'm a red panda btw
-InsanityPlays-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Can you hack

Of course, Scratch has holes, and it's possible to hack. But those holes are very small.
And there's already enough hacking in the news. I don't want another

kajㅤ wrote:

Subscribe to Eris Loris on YouTube (or ofc i hack ur device) | TRUMP 2020

Welcome to my signature!
I've moved accounts. Anyway, did this post help you? Go follow me on my new account!
Today's Links: Scratch 4.0 Leaked Information, Astronomical - The Third, The Forum Community
follow me on scratch or i am sad, subscribe to my YouTube channel or bad luck for the rest of your life
My Final Shoutout: hekcer because in computer science class, he is the hekcerman
-InsanityPlays- Fan Studio! (closed) | Astronomical - The Third | Best of -InsanityPlays- 2020
my channel, my website, ctrl+shift+down for more STUFF

2020's Advent Collection:

more STUFF
CucumberedPickled256
New to Scratch
2 posts

Can you hack

Hacking is possible as no website is perfect but if you have a strong password the chances are pretty slim.
Happycat3210
Scratcher
100+ posts

Can you hack

People could hack, but it’s wrong, and if u have a good password it won’t happen

A good thing to do is make a password something like this:
20GREENapples
@dventureAWAIT$
HAPPYt!ger
And stuff like that, using uppercase, lowercase, symbols, and numbers
Or you could go the long password tour and make your password
LOL-i-CANT-think-OF-a-GOOD-password-SO-i-CHOSE-this-ONE

plz join my MAP of Fight Song.
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/450601712/
GoingToBecomePopular
Scratcher
100+ posts