Is among us allowed?

ScratchCatHELLO wrote:

Sertinak wrote:

You should never kill people, even if it is fictional. It is mean and wrong

Heres a list of some video games that include death:
Minecraft
Grand Theft Auto
PUBG
Super Mario Bros (name any game. i guess not mario spelling or whatever, but still.)
Pokemon (violence)
Pac-Man
Terraria
Call of Duty
Elder Scrolls
Lots of those however, are rated 15 or 18 and not suitable for children.

I don't really use this account any more.
Froggygames123
Scratcher
500+ posts

Is among us allowed?

Yeah so a lot of those like GTA can’t appear on scratch

Woaj is not moist. We should stick to tradition, and stay with woah. Join our army today ! https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/27322961
ResExsention
New to Scratch
1000+ posts

Is among us allowed?

Mario aint inappropriate, as are Minecraft, Terraria, Pac Man, and Pokemon (kind of)

Though I agree that everything else is probably for teens or older.

Infrequently active.

It feels weird to see how far we've come. I hope you're well, wherever you are!
ResExsention
New to Scratch
1000+ posts

Is among us allowed?

CRAcademy wrote:

Cookiesheep1234 wrote:

Sertinak wrote:

Killing is wrong but fictional characters don't really matter because…you know, they don't exist. So it doesn't hurt anyone, not as in make you sad as in a real being doesn't die.
I believe that scratch projects are meant tot be appropriate for all ages. And that means that you my have a young child viewing your project and they can be easily affected by the killing, resulting in them wanting to emulate the killing in real life, as they find it cool. While it is true that no one is directly hurt by the fictional death, it may give rise to a bully who can cause hurt to a real being.

If Scratch bans death and violence outright, you know that any form of enemy or hazard in projects won't be allowed, right?

Infrequently active.

It feels weird to see how far we've come. I hope you're well, wherever you are!
FloralAnimator
Scratcher
500+ posts

Is among us allowed?

CRAcademy wrote:

Cookiesheep1234 wrote:

Sertinak wrote:

Killing is wrong but fictional characters don't really matter because…you know, they don't exist. So it doesn't hurt anyone, not as in make you sad as in a real being doesn't die.
I believe that scratch projects are meant tot be appropriate for all ages. And that means that you my have a young child viewing your project and they can be easily affected by the killing, resulting in them wanting to emulate the killing in real life, as they find it cool. While it is true that no one is directly hurt by the fictional death, it may give rise to a bully who can cause hurt to a real being.
People learn the bible, the holy book and stuff from their religion.
They are read stories and fables.
They learn about death from a very young age.
And they won't actually go killing people, they are children not psychotics.
-InsanityPlays-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is among us allowed?

Good news! InnerSloth have said they will deal with hackers and start an account system with reporting and moderation.
This might mean the unmoderated chat won't be a problem!

Edit: oh wait killing animations

Last edited by -InsanityPlays- (Oct. 26, 2020 12:24:30)

Welcome to my signature!
I've moved accounts. Anyway, did this post help you? Go follow me on my new account!
Today's Links: Scratch 4.0 Leaked Information, Astronomical - The Third, The Forum Community
follow me on scratch or i am sad, subscribe to my YouTube channel or bad luck for the rest of your life
My Final Shoutout: hekcer because in computer science class, he is the hekcerman
-InsanityPlays- Fan Studio! (closed) | Astronomical - The Third | Best of -InsanityPlays- 2020
my channel, my website, ctrl+shift+down for more STUFF

2020's Advent Collection:

more STUFF
JPOWERPUFFGIRLS
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is among us allowed?

-InsanityPlays- wrote:

It is allowed but game codes are censored due to unmoderated chat and projects cannot have killing animations.
Really? I see game codes in studio descriptions

mtech22
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is among us allowed?

JPOWERPUFFGIRLS wrote:

-InsanityPlays- wrote:

It is allowed but game codes are censored due to unmoderated chat and projects cannot have killing animations.
I don't think they mean literally censored since game codes are basically random numbers and letters (I think) but censored as in they aren't allowed

aII toasters toast toast, but what happens when there are no longer toasters being produced? will their technology simply become obsolete, with humans moving onto bigger, better things? will toast become a distant memory, written in textbooks of the future as foods us simpler generations ate? who's to say! society is constantly moving, changing, evolving, ideas being built upon, improved upon, theories being proven or disproven. are we but a blip on the timeline? sure, our names may not be remembered, but that's not the point. you can make a change. you can make a difference. you can make the world better, even if you don't know yet. and the first step is to go for it. even if you are afraid of failure. going back to the example of toasters, do you know off the top of your head who invented them? no? have you used one? probably. so, even if you don't remember my name, if I was able to help awnser your question, that is enough. if I was able to help you, even in the slightest way, this could push you to continue with scratch and not give up after the program crashes, and maybe one day learn other programming languages and change the world. everything is a cause and effect reaction, new inventions lead to the technology of the future, and even as the generations of the past are slowly forgotten, their influence lives on to this day, affecting how the world eventually turned out and how it will be for generations to come.

and, without toasters, we wouldn't have toast.
JPOWERPUFFGIRLS
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is among us allowed?

mtech22 wrote:

JPOWERPUFFGIRLS wrote:

-InsanityPlays- wrote:

I don't think they mean literally censored since game codes are basically random numbers and letters (I think) but censored as in they aren't allowed
Oh okay

9cjames1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is among us allowed?

A few weeks ago, Za-Chary said Among Us projects are allowed as long as they don't involve blood or unmodded chat.
MartianSoil
Scratcher
100+ posts

Is among us allowed?

I have seen plenty of examples of among us projects. @SCM54’s version does a good job of staying on the Scratch guidelines. Instead of killing there is bonking. Going off from the point of killing being bad, it is bad, but there are plenty of death already in scratch. Basically every platformer has it. Also, most of the games on that list have been made in scratch, with a fair few made by griffpatch. If the literal most popular project on scratch ever, Paper Minecraft, has the concept of partial death where it isn’t that animated, I think it is safe to say that death is allowed on scratch, but only in moderation.

(cmd/ctrl)(shift) down to see full signature (Or if you have that one browser extension I am forbidden to name, you can scroll down I guess…

Currently coding mods for Stardew Valley, making an indie game in Unity, and might be making one in Godot.

But many a workmen will tell you that when the moon is full, they h̛̦̪̭́̈a͖͚̔̓v̘̲͓̈̌̚e ̻̟̘͒͂̚s̝̳̪͛͆͘ḛ̭̞̊̌̃e̫̼̻͚̦͑͊̄̆̄n̤͔͎̽́̿ the… (If you get the reference free clout)

Support Better Custom Blocks please.

3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 That is all I know

Pi is my favorite number if you somehow haven’t guessed.

Go here for the most ironic suggestion ever. (It is rejected which is good)

I was
Generation 381: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
on my old account.

I guess I am generation 3 on this account though

(pi :: operators
is a rejected feature and can be created with
((355) / (113))
GachaN0nsense
Scratcher
500+ posts

Is among us allowed?

-InsanityPlays- wrote:

Good news! InnerSloth have said they will deal with hackers and start an account system with reporting and moderation.

YAY! But the killing animations shouldn't be a big deal. Everyone has seen blood at least once. Its not even that much blood.

MOVING TO @NotDucki_
MartianSoil
Scratcher
100+ posts

Is among us allowed?

GachaN0nsense wrote:

-InsanityPlays- wrote:

YAY! But the killing animations shouldn't be a big deal. Everyone has seen blood at least once. Its not even that much blood.
I am pretty sure real among us doesn’t have an ounce of blood in it in the first place.

(cmd/ctrl)(shift) down to see full signature (Or if you have that one browser extension I am forbidden to name, you can scroll down I guess…

Currently coding mods for Stardew Valley, making an indie game in Unity, and might be making one in Godot.

But many a workmen will tell you that when the moon is full, they h̛̦̪̭́̈a͖͚̔̓v̘̲͓̈̌̚e ̻̟̘͒͂̚s̝̳̪͛͆͘ḛ̭̞̊̌̃e̫̼̻͚̦͑͊̄̆̄n̤͔͎̽́̿ the… (If you get the reference free clout)

Support Better Custom Blocks please.

3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 That is all I know

Pi is my favorite number if you somehow haven’t guessed.

Go here for the most ironic suggestion ever. (It is rejected which is good)

I was
Generation 381: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
on my old account.

I guess I am generation 3 on this account though

(pi :: operators
is a rejected feature and can be created with
((355) / (113))
GachaN0nsense
Scratcher
500+ posts

Is among us allowed?

MartianSoil wrote:

GachaN0nsense wrote:

-InsanityPlays- wrote:

I am pretty sure real among us doesn’t have an ounce of blood in it in the first place.
The kill animation has just the tiniest bit of blood drop out from when the impostor kills the victim. (Real game)

MOVING TO @NotDucki_
ScratchCatHELLO
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is among us allowed?

CRAcademy wrote:

ResExsention wrote:

CRAcademy wrote:

Cookiesheep1234 wrote:

Sertinak wrote:

If Scratch bans death and violence outright, you know that any form of enemy or hazard in projects won't be allowed, right?
In a way, yes, but as long as the younger generation does not emulate it, then it is fine. So, I believe that elaborate death animations should not be allowed. However, if an enemy simply disappears after being hit, then I think it is fine.

So:
Platformers - BANNED
Minecraft - BANNED
Pokemon - BANNED
Any dodge game - BANNED
Space Invaders - BANNED
Any game with a lose condition - BANNED

Even nursery rhymes include death and violence undertones:
Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall,
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall
All the king's horses and all the king's men
Couldn't put Humpty together again.

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall,
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall
All the king's horses and all the king's men
Couldn't put Humpty together again.

They tried to push him up
They tried to pull him up
They tried to patch him up
Couldn't put him back together again.

And, as others have mentioned, the bible includes violence, death and violent death. I haven't read it, but I'm sure it depicts Jesus' death, which wasn't exactly happy.

ScratchCatHELLO
I have 5600+ posts, I've been on scratch for 5 1/2 years, I'm a Forum Helper™ and I have a Scratch Wiki account!
I like: Python, CSS, Javascript, Rust

Python 3 Text Adventure
cool new browser game - cursed laughing-crying emoji - Illuminati - you know waterbenders, but do you know stock-imagebenders? - snek - vibin' - Bump song (vevo) - Speed bump - yee - fred - m i c k e y
Trakotin
New to Scratch
6 posts

Is among us allowed?

It depends on how violent the death is
TapingAnimations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is among us allowed?

Trakotin wrote:

It depends on how violent the death is
Its not that violent imo

Male | 10 Yrs Old | Catholic | Animator | Roleplayer | Marvel, FNaF, Undertale, Portal, Minecraft, Among Us Fan
Sertinak
New to Scratch
11 posts

Is among us allowed?

It is, you get to see people be shot and beheaded and see bodies with no heads
Mr_PenguinAlex
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is among us allowed?

I feel like the death animations are a lot less violent than people say they are.
Wile E. Coyote blowing himself up with dynamite is basically as violent as the death animations, from what I've seen.

TapingAnimations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is among us allowed?

Sertinak wrote:

It is, you get to see people be shot and beheaded and see bodies with no heads
Bruh….Have you even played Among Us? Not everyone gets shot

Male | 10 Yrs Old | Catholic | Animator | Roleplayer | Marvel, FNaF, Undertale, Portal, Minecraft, Among Us Fan