Discuss Scratch

shradibop
Scratcher
100+ posts

Helpful Workarounds for Frequently Suggested Blocks!

fdreerf wrote:

A fairly unexpected sticky owner, but a welcome one.
Not sure if that's a compliment, but thanks anyway.

hey. what's good

hopefully, i'm having fun right now
SeuAmigo35
Scratcher
500+ posts

(gonna repost this when the forum reaches 10 pages)
Last edited by SeuAmigo35 (now)

I play Roblox and that's all.
I'm fun and random.
THE FIGHT
BearSlothCoding
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I'd suggest getting the link to each post and putting it in the OP like I did for easier navigation, otherwise it kind of defeats the purpose of having them in separate posts. Great job otherwise though, I think this one will turn out a lot better than mine did.

SeuAmigo35 wrote:

Last edited by SeuAmigo35 (now)
Why?
SeuAmigo35
Scratcher
500+ posts

BearSlothCoding wrote:

I'd suggest getting the link to each post and putting it in the OP like I did for easier navigation, otherwise it kind of defeats the purpose of having them in separate posts. Great job otherwise though, I think this one will turn out a lot better than mine did.

SeuAmigo35 wrote:

Why?
remember the problems i said about the “when stop sing clicked” block? you've only putted the solvement of 1 of them, an i only want to tell in this one when it gets popular.

Last edited by SeuAmigo35 (Oct. 3, 2020 01:48:24)

I'm fun and random.
THE FIGHT
xXRedTheCoderXx
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Congrats on the sticky! ^-^

(Though I'm still a little salty I couldn't get it xD)

BearSlothCoding
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SeuAmigo35 wrote:

BearSlothCoding wrote:

SeuAmigo35 wrote:

Why?
remember the problems i said about the “when stop sing clicked” block? you've only putted the solvement of 1 of them, an i only want to tell in this one when it gets popular.
But why not now? If you wait for 8 pages to pass, it will get popular and people will use the wrong workaround. Or you could do it now, and this topic won't have any problems.
Or I could just post the link to when you posted it and this could all be over.

xXRedTheCoderXx wrote:

Sorry. I would have chose you but you already have a sticky and I want to give more people a chance.

Last edited by BearSlothCoding (Oct. 3, 2020 16:27:47)

xXRedTheCoderXx
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BearSlothCoding wrote:

xXRedTheCoderXx wrote:

Sorry. I would have chose you but you already have a sticky and I want to give more people a chance.
Yeah I know, it's good. xD

SeuAmigo35
Scratcher
500+ posts

BearSlothCoding wrote:

SeuAmigo35 wrote:

BearSlothCoding wrote:

SeuAmigo35 wrote:

Why?
But why not now? If you wait for 8 pages to pass, it will get popular and people will use the wrong workaround. Or you could do it now, and this topic won't have any problems.
there is a LOT of problems, i will make the same thing as before: each time this comment get quoted, i tell one of the problems.

I'm fun and random.
THE FIGHT
BearSlothCoding
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SeuAmigo35 wrote:

BearSlothCoding wrote:

SeuAmigo35 wrote:

BearSlothCoding wrote:

SeuAmigo35 wrote:

Why?
there is a LOT of problems, i will make the same thing as before: each time this comment get quoted, i tell one of the problems.
Which is a waste of time. The problem with your system is that you post one problem, then you wait for me (before it was me, now it will be shradibop) to respond to it. Once I respond, then I will have to wait for you to respond again with the other problem and then this repeats for however many problems there are. This is the reason I didn't keep going with it, I left the stop sign script wrong because it was such an irritating hassle that I wasn't in the mood for and never was. I don't expect shradibop to act any differently because very few people have the patience to keep responding, waiting for their “LOTS of problems” to get called out. All the while the person calling them out keeps acting somewhat rude by putting unnecessary phrases in bold that makes a lot of the post seem aggressive. And keep putting things in caps which shows that what they are talking about is important and needs to be emphasized, yet they take their time to tell you exactly what they are talking about. Most of this could not happen if you could just post them all in one post (or maybe two or three so you don't have a post that you need to spend a minute scrolling through) and there is no waiting at all.
SeuAmigo35
Scratcher
500+ posts

BearSlothCoding wrote:

SeuAmigo35 wrote:

BearSlothCoding wrote:

SeuAmigo35 wrote:

BearSlothCoding wrote:

SeuAmigo35 wrote:

Why?
Which is a waste of time. The problem with your system is that you post one problem, then you wait for me (before it was me, now it will be shradibop) to respond to it. Once I respond, then I will have to wait for you to respond again with the other problem and then this repeats for however many problems there are. This is the reason I didn't keep going with it, I left the stop sign script wrong because it was such an irritating hassle that I wasn't in the mood for and never was. I don't expect shradibop to act any differently because very few people have the patience to keep responding, waiting for their “LOTS of problems” to get called out. All the while the person calling them out keeps acting somewhat rude by putting unnecessary phrases in bold that makes a lot of the post seem aggressive. And keep putting things in caps which shows that what they are talking about is important and needs to be emphasized, yet they take their time to tell you exactly what they are talking about. Most of this could not happen if you could just post them all in one post (or maybe two or three so you don't have a post that you need to spend a minute scrolling through) and there is no waiting at all.
ok ok… i will do this time 2 problems in each comment. let's get started.
Problem 1: no continues (already solved)
did you know the script of the stop sing that everyone uses only happens once? the timer stops being reseted and if the person press stop sing 2 times, it won't acts. here the safe way:
when green flag clicked
forever
reset timer
end
when [timer v] > (0)
forever
reset timer
end
when [timer v] > (0)
...::cap
Problem 2: script stoping
Have you ever used the stop sing block in a project that has the
stop [all v]
block? well, if you do this, the script of the stop sing will stop and act.
that should be one of the worst problems. it's like a workaround to
when project stopped::events hat
block. to solve it, make a spirite and put only that:
when green flag clicked
forever
reset timer
end
when [timer v] > (0)
forever
reset timer
end
when [timer v] > (0)
broadcast [stop sing v]
then put that to replace the
stop [all v]
block (in other spirite):
...::hat
stop [other scripts from the spirite v]::control//i can't fix it help me
broadcast [stop v]
stop [this script v]
for the other spirites exept the stop sing spirite:
when I receive [stop v]
stop [other scripts from the spirite v]
for the spirites you want to do something when stop sing is clicked:
when I receive [stop sing v]

I'm fun and random.
THE FIGHT
Vanilla2011
Scratcher
500+ posts

Workaround for
turbo mode?::boolean sensing
when gf clicked
forever
repeat(10)
move(0)steps
end
if<(timer)<[.1]>then
set[turbo mode? v]to<[1]=[1]>
else
set[turbo mode? v]to<[0]=[1]>

Last edited by Vanilla2011 (Oct. 4, 2020 04:59:50)

Za-Chary wrote:

aw heck naw someones' wanting to ban the sab spunch bop faec from scrathc

(ツ::#000)//Master Kakawam, slays evil kumquats.
shradibop
Scratcher
100+ posts

Vanilla2011 wrote:

Workaround for
turbo mode?::boolean sensing
when gf clicked
forever
repeat(10)
move(0)steps
end
if<(timer)<[.1]>then
set[turbo mode? v]to<[1]=[1]>
else
set[turbo mode? v]to<[0]=[1]>

why, thank you.

hey. what's good

hopefully, i'm having fun right now
Movies22_by_TR
Scratcher
19 posts

Hi. I need help to create my game. I am using local variables and I wanted to create a sprite that will be like a chest, but that is you that place and I tryed to get no limit in placing that chests, by using only 1 sprite and a local variable. I think that the local variable value can be diferent from clone to clone, but that doesn't work. Can you help me?

Last edited by Movies22_by_TR (Oct. 5, 2020 11:48:12)

———————-
Movies22
when [ Welcome] key pressed
say [Hi]

My YT channel.
SeuAmigo35
Scratcher
500+ posts

Movies22_by_TR wrote:

Hi. I need help to create my game. I am using local variables and I wanted to create a sprite that will be like a chest, but that is you that place and I tryed to get no limit in placing that chests, by using only 1 sprite and a local variable. I think that the local variable value can be diferent from clone to clone, but that doesn't work. Can you help me?
this look a bit advanced… but i'll see what i can do.

I'm fun and random.
THE FIGHT
Vanilla2011
Scratcher
500+ posts

Movies22_by_TR wrote:

Hmm… Maybe create your own thread in the Help With Scripts section and link it here so we can see.

Za-Chary wrote:

Vanilla2011
Scratcher
500+ posts

shradibop wrote:

while < . . . > { . . . } @loopArrow :: control 
can be done by doing this:
 repeat until < not < . . . > >
[/u]...
Remove the “/u” thing pls

Last edited by Vanilla2011 (Oct. 5, 2020 14:13:49)

Za-Chary wrote:

SeuAmigo35
Scratcher
500+ posts

SeuAmigo35 wrote:

BearSlothCoding wrote:

SeuAmigo35 wrote:

BearSlothCoding wrote:

SeuAmigo35 wrote:

BearSlothCoding wrote:

SeuAmigo35 wrote:

Why?
ok ok… i will do this time 2 problems in each comment. let's get started.
Problem 1: no continues (already solved)
did you know the script of the stop sing that everyone uses only happens once? the timer stops being reseted and if the person press stop sing 2 times, it won't acts. here the safe way:
when green flag clicked
forever
reset timer
end
when [timer v] > (0)
forever
reset timer
end
when [timer v] > (0)
Problem 2: script stoping
Have you ever used the stop sing block in a project that has the
stop [all v]
block? well, if you do this, the script of the stop sing will stop and act.
that should be one of the worst problems. it's like a workaround to
when project stopped::events hat
block. to solve it, make a spirite and put only that:
when green flag clicked
forever
reset timer
end
when [timer v] > (0)
forever
reset timer
end
when [timer v] > (0)
broadcast [stop sing v]
then put that to replace the
stop [all v]
block (in other spirite):
...::hat
stop [other scripts from the spirite v]::control//i can't fix it help me
broadcast [stop v]
stop [this script v]
for the other spirites exept the stop sing spirite:
when I receive [stop v]
stop [other scripts from the spirite v]
for the spirites you want to do something when stop sing is clicked:
when I receive [stop sing v]
no one is gonna quote this???

I'm fun and random.
THE FIGHT
cooldude-222
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hey @shradibop, could I make the next one sometime?

Have a nice day!
Ihatr
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cooldude-222 wrote:

I'm quite sure they plan to keep the sticky around for a while.

this is a link
cooldude-222
Scratcher
100+ posts

Ihatr wrote:

cooldude-222 wrote:

I'm quite sure they plan to keep the sticky around for a while.
I know but the are missing so many

Have a nice day!