Discuss Scratch

DREAMCHILD_Official
New to Scratch
9 posts

DREAMCHILD: A Scratch RPG [apps closed]

This Is Not The Update You Are Looking For:

Hope at least one person got that reference. I have some things coming up in my life and I'm finding that I have less time to work on DREAMCHILD as of late, but never fear! This does not mean the end of development for DREAMCHILD. I overestimated my skills, so the update with the build will be coming a lot later. This will mean I can polish the build further and make it a lot better. In the words of Shigeru Miyamoto, “A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad.” I want this game to be as good as I can possibly make it, and with that comes some delays and some problems. I have full confidence that next month, I will have a better, more finished build of the overall game you can play, as well as some lore and worldbuilding. The base engine is the most important part of a game, and I want to make sure I get it right. I'm also a bit of a perfectionist, so pester me for the build if I delay it for not being exactly how I want it. Thanks for reading these devlogs!

- Waffle (but not really because it's just a ghostly apparition of him)
kasyanthecat
Scratcher
100+ posts

DREAMCHILD_Official wrote:

snip

Hi there! You may remember me doing some minor dev work here and then trying to reorganize and rescue this idea after many people left. All that micromanagement broke me (in terms of scratch usage), even though it's not very visible in my posts, and I left scratch. I probably will never return, just here to clean up some loose ends. Currently focusing on some other projects, completely unrelated to scratch. I have some scripts and concepts made when this was still a collab, and I'm going to upload all my unfinished stuff, so, if you want something, I'll link it here.

You are doing an awesome and thankless job continuing the game, so good luck!

-kasyan (but not anymore)

Last edited by kasyanthecat (July 22, 2022 07:26:44)

ANNOUNCEMENT BOARD
I left Scratch to pursue other projects. I visit, like, once a month, but I no longer respond to F4F or contests. Sorry about that.
Check out my final project drop, kasyan's unfinished business!
I may put links to non-scratch stuff I make here, once I get something interesting done.
OUTDATED ANNOUNCEMENTS
Help us with the DREAMCHILD collab! unded Now under solo development by @WaffleTundraStudios, good luck to them!
Join the SCRATCHCOIN team – developing the best cryptocurrency in Scratch! ded In a state of limbo, basically. Not as useful as originally thought, but thanks to everyone who tried to help!
Check out my newest project - Ingenuity - The Mars Helicopter! alive (No longer my newest project, but still I consider it to be the best)
kasyanthecat
Scratcher
100+ posts

kasyanthecat wrote:

DREAMCHILD_Official wrote:

snip
goodbye scratch
-kasyan (but not anymore)

My final project drop

Here you go, kasyan's unfinished business is live! There's some dreamchild stuff, and also some other projects. Grab anything you need.

ANNOUNCEMENT BOARD
I left Scratch to pursue other projects. I visit, like, once a month, but I no longer respond to F4F or contests. Sorry about that.
Check out my final project drop, kasyan's unfinished business!
I may put links to non-scratch stuff I make here, once I get something interesting done.
OUTDATED ANNOUNCEMENTS
Help us with the DREAMCHILD collab! unded Now under solo development by @WaffleTundraStudios, good luck to them!
Join the SCRATCHCOIN team – developing the best cryptocurrency in Scratch! ded In a state of limbo, basically. Not as useful as originally thought, but thanks to everyone who tried to help!
Check out my newest project - Ingenuity - The Mars Helicopter! alive (No longer my newest project, but still I consider it to be the best)
DREAMCHILD_Official
New to Scratch
9 posts

Wow, Another DREAMCHILD Update:

So, it's been a pretty busy month. The main reason I keep delaying the build is because I want the collisions for the game to be pixel perfect and I can't quite find a fix for the problem. I'm also hard at work with making revisions to the story before I start with the script, but after those two major obstacles, there will be something there. I'm still trying to find some inspiration for the art, but I'm sure it'll come to me. Refining the battle system is a lot harder than I thought, because I want it to feel fast and snappy so it doesn't feel like a waste of time. That's all for this very small update.

- Waffle (the absolute chad of a gamer)
DREAMCHILD_Official
New to Scratch
9 posts

Shoot, I forgot about this! Welp, time to work on it again.

Last edited by DREAMCHILD_Official (Sept. 17, 2022 15:56:29)

GreenCatPixelart
Scratcher
1 post

Username: GreenCatPixelart (I prefer GreenCat)
Department(s) interested in: Pixel artist, animator preferably but I don't mind. (check profile for pixelart i have done)
Activity level: uhh from 12 am to 8pm (not all the time in between but that's when I'm awake) in Australian Eastern Daylight Time
Want to be pinged incessantly about this?: Yes.
When will you leave Scratch?: Like, never
Interested in a senior position somewhere?: nop
Did you previously work on this project back in 2018-19?: no, I wasn't around at that time

when green flag clicked
if <GreenCat is good at Scratch> then
broadcast [True v]
stop [This script v]
WaffleTundraStudios
Scratcher
83 posts

GreenCatPixelart wrote:

Username: GreenCatPixelart (I prefer GreenCat)
Department(s) interested in: Pixel artist, animator preferably but I don't mind. (check profile for pixelart i have done)
Activity level: uhh from 12 am to 8pm (not all the time in between but that's when I'm awake) in Australian Eastern Daylight Time
Want to be pinged incessantly about this?: Yes.
When will you leave Scratch?: Like, never
Interested in a senior position somewhere?: nop
Did you previously work on this project back in 2018-19?: no, I wasn't around at that time
Applications are closed.
heine
Scratcher
100+ posts

Any updates on this?
Harmony_Hertz
Scratcher
96 posts

heine wrote:

Any updates on this?
I've got so many story ideas if we still need those. Hecka plot twists and an explanation for the glitching that ties back to Lord Gauth, the Force Gems, the Dreamchild, and the Player

Also have a WIP recording of “I Hope You're Happy”

Last edited by Harmony_Hertz (Feb. 21, 2023 07:30:23)

heine
Scratcher
100+ posts

Yearly mandatory updates check lol
WaffleTundraStudios
Scratcher
83 posts

I spent most of last year combing through the forums and studios and starting on the engines. Once the plan is in place, the game will come into fruition much faster.
Harmony_Hertz
Scratcher
96 posts

Lol so real! I’m pretty busy with school right now, but keep me updated if we need any voice acting or additional songs
WaffleTundraStudios
Scratcher
83 posts

Harmony_Hertz wrote:

(#1172)
Lol so real! I’m pretty busy with school right now, but keep me updated if we need any voice acting or additional songs
The final game will most likely not include voice acting for scope reasons.

Last edited by WaffleTundraStudios (Feb. 4, 2024 04:19:18)

heine
Scratcher
100+ posts

Btw, could you use any help with the coding?