welcome to the team lol the cooldown stopped me from posting and i forgot

moosik
qwertykid44
Scratcher
100+ posts

DREAMCHILD: A Scratch RPG [apps closed]

you have been added to project roster.

Qwertykid44: Currently transitioning.

I'm an INTP “Logician” personality with a passion for D&D. I'm largely retired in terms of attempting massive projects, but if you need something done, I do it or direct you to someone else who can do it.

Working on the DREAMCHILD collab.

Ace/Aroflux
She/Her
-Hologram
Scratcher
100+ posts

ayt yall hopefully yall following this thread

assignments:

programmers/maya: text engine plz
artists: make a draft for the main character. something generic
music//wires: some ambience would be nice, let's see what you can do
writing: what is the world this is set in? give it a name. give it some backstory.

moosik
qwertykid44
Scratcher
100+ posts

PC's hometown of Elmore is pretty set, I'll do some mockups so you can see my thought process, but it's only like four overworld screens and a few rooms for houses.

First couple minutes of gameplay are intended to be a bit open-world exploration, so you can immerse yourself in the game world.

Once you find that mysterious Dr. Day you'll start to be tasked. His questline:
1. Speak to Dr. Day in his/her lab
2. Investigate anomaly in woods at end of your cul de sac.
- This triggers a quest to save Eva's brother, Alex, from a menacing TWIG BLI– erm, WEED SHRUB! (You could also be mean and just leave him alone, but that's part of a bad ending and not normally possible because the fight triggers the main quest yada yada yada.)
3. Return to Dr. Day
4. Assemble a team of friends and go through the portal, thus kicking off the main questline.

When you Save Eva's Brother, you can go to her house (The roads are in the shape of an inverted T, with your house being on the right side of the inverted stem of the T) at the intersection and see her on the front porch. Interact and invite her to the party once tasked to.

You can also go to the right and see a lemonade stand. Once you get closer, however, you'll see that Zoey is using her younger brother's lemonade stand to covertly surveil the street. She's looking for someone carrying a SUSPICIOUS PARCEL.
“I run a detective agency. You know all this, right? It's a client's parcel, I need it back for them.”

Zoey's questline:
1. Speak to Zoey
2. Go door-to-door to find the parcel carrier
- You'll eventually see Marcus walking down the street with a suspicous-looking parcel, before entering his house. If you knock, he'll respond,
“No-one's home! Go away!” and the like. You can actually fight him early by knocking on his door a bunch.
“You know, you're really starting to annoy me.” (dramatic kick-down-the-door, readies nerf gun)
“Let's go with this route instead.” (oh noes he fightin)
3. Report back to Zoey with your findings.
4. Sneak into Marcus's house to retrieve the parcel
- Marcus catches you. Same result as knocking.
5. Fight Marcus
- Beat him with Zoey and the combat fades out with Marcus comically bound to a chair
6. Get some straight talk out of Marcus
- You'll learn his SUSPICIOUS PARCEL was actually his ammo pouch, and that he had found a SUSPICIOUS PARCEL like it in the street, so he took it home and kept it safe to return to its rightful owner. (Or so he says. Not resolved.)
- Zoey confesses she's the rightful owner, and that the package's contents were {something embarassing}
- Marcus spills the contents out, and the PC and Marcus have a laugh. Marcus, still happy, accompanies them out to his front door.

You can now talk to both of them to get them into the party.

Annie's on the other side of the street, playing on the playground. Talk with her, and she'll give you a BUG NET.
Go find some bugs and get two unique ones back to her.

You can now bring Annie along for the party.

voiced PC?

General party chemistry:
- PC is well-liked and popular, but the way the player plays them is “different” than they are usually. As they're being puppeted by the player, their interactions depend on the player, but they still do have opinions. “Respond Thoughtfully” might end up being translated as “Thoughtfully insult the bully with a witty comeback.”

- Eva is kind to the younger ones, almost motherly to them in some cases. She's the leader in social interactions and speaks for the party, except when the PC does that. She occasionally butts heads with Marcus and over the course of the story resolves her conflict with him.

- Marcus is a slightly delusional and arrogant personality, sometimes coming across as a bully. In the Otherworld he's pretty xenophobic and tries to shoot anyone with a bigger ego than him that's not in the party. Tolerates the presence of the other children, fine with the PC, and is a foil to Eva.

- Zoey's confident to a fault but not egotistical. When she picks fights, she picks them on others regardless of their size, and this sometimes gets her in a lot of trouble. Grateful for others, even though sometimes it looks like she just wants them for muscle, and that's about the gist of her working relationship with Marcus: hired gun. The others are along for the ride, and the PC is her Watson. Writes everything down.

- Annie's a shy one because everyone's bigger than her, but she's always up for an adventure, like Zoey without the gutsiness. She's easily distracted by little things, but this attention to detail sometimes works out in her favor. Pretty good memory, too.

I'm an INTP “Logician” personality with a passion for D&D. I'm largely retired in terms of attempting massive projects, but if you need something done, I do it or direct you to someone else who can do it.

Ace/Aroflux
She/Her
-Hologram
Scratcher
100+ posts

an ART stat could be added, signifying magical damage. each character will have at least one magical attack, OR can learn individual spells, depending on how high their ART stat is.

Once you find that mysterious Dr. Day you'll start to be tasked. His questline:
1. Speak to Dr. Day in his/her lab
2. Investigate anomaly in woods at end of your cul de sac.
- This triggers a quest to save Eva's brother, Alex, from a menacing TWIG BLI– erm, WEED SHRUB! (You could also be mean and just leave him alone, but that's part of a bad ending and not normally possible because the fight triggers the main quest yada yada yada.)
3. Return to Dr. Day
4. Assemble a team of friends and go through the portal, thus kicking off the main questline.
i like this one. maybe a route to the selfish ending would be that you COULD just go by yourself and it would only be barely possible to beat the enemies on the other side.

Zoey's questline:
1. Speak to Zoey
2. Go door-to-door to find the parcel carrier
- You'll eventually see Marcus walking down the street with a suspicous-looking parcel, before entering his house. If you knock, he'll respond,
“No-one's home! Go away!” and the like. You can actually fight him early by knocking on his door a bunch.
“You know, you're really starting to annoy me.” (dramatic kick-down-the-door, readies nerf gun)
“Let's go with this route instead.” (oh noes he fightin)
3. Report back to Zoey with your findings.
4. Sneak into Marcus's house to retrieve the parcel
- Marcus catches you. Same result as knocking.
5. Fight Marcus
- Beat him with Zoey and the combat fades out with Marcus comically bound to a chair
6. Get some straight talk out of Marcus
- You'll learn his SUSPICIOUS PARCEL was actually his ammo pouch, and that he had found a SUSPICIOUS PARCEL like it in the street, so he took it home and kept it safe to return to its rightful owner. (Or so he says. Not resolved.)
- Zoey confesses she's the rightful owner, and that the package's contents were {something embarrassing}
- Marcus spills the contents out, and the PC and Marcus have a laugh. Marcus, still happy, accompanies them out to his front door.
box's contents could be girly diaries lol

MARCUS 30/30 HP TP 30 (hidden)
REF 5
FRT 15
MYS 2

ATK1: shoot
TA1: shot (5 tp 2 turn cd)
TA2: trickshot (when on low health only, all tp, 5 turn cd)

Annie's on the other side of the street, playing on the playground. Talk with her, and she'll give you a BUG NET.
Go find some bugs and get two unique ones back to her.

You can now bring Annie along for the party.
animal crossing
okay so where would those bugs be? perhaps to get them some sidequests would have to be done?

- PC is well-liked and popular, but the way the player plays them is “different” than they are usually. As they're being puppeted by the player, their interactions depend on the player, but they still do have opinions. “Respond Thoughtfully” might end up being translated as “Thoughtfully insult the bully with a witty comeback.”
reminds me of breath of the wild link for some reason. i like it.
can be all around attacker or main melee
depending on your stats later in the game, he can get the “generic legendary sword/staff/whatever”
high mus stat initially, might get converted into art stat if chooses legendary staff
only one with any moxie at the start, others may get it later

- Eva is kind to the younger ones, almost motherly to them in some cases. She's the leader in social interactions and speaks for the party, except when the PC does that. She occasionally butts heads with Marcus and over the course of the story resolves her conflict with him.
what if she has the generic “fight your crush” trope lol
could be the main healer/caster whatever floats your boat
high art stat, low frt stat

- Marcus is a slightly delusional and arrogant personality, sometimes coming across as a bully. In the Otherworld he's pretty xenophobic and tries to shoot anyone with a bigger ego than him that's not in the party. Tolerates the presence of the other children, fine with the PC, and is a foil to Eva.
ah yes the muscle, his AI should be purposefully dumbo
high ref stat potential, high frt stat
low art and mys stat

- Zoey's confident to a fault but not egotistical. When she picks fights, she picks them on others regardless of their size, and this sometimes gets her in a lot of trouble. Grateful for others, even though sometimes it looks like she just wants them for muscle, and that's about the gist of her working relationship with Marcus: hired gun. The others are along for the ride, and the PC is her Watson. Writes everything down.
:00 i see a love triangle jkjkjkjkjk
that could be her downfall, maybe a future main quest could involve her getting into trouble?
the evasion tank. can be made OP with a lot of luck and grinding. final boss WILL hit her though no matter what

- Annie's a shy one because everyone's bigger than her, but she's always up for an adventure, like Zoey without the gutsiness. She's easily distracted by little things, but this attention to detail sometimes works out in her favor. Pretty good memory, too.
main/secondary melee attacker
high luck
above average min stat

moosik
-Hologram
Scratcher
100+ posts

qwerty are you here

moosik
CyberKookaburra
Scratcher
11 posts

-Hologram wrote:

assignments:

writing: what is the world this is set in? give it a name. give it some backstory.

Okie dokie.
-Hologram
Scratcher
100+ posts

good luck!

moosik
MayaKiona
Scratcher
100+ posts

-Hologram wrote:

assignments:

Oh I actually already have a text engine! The font's pretty ugly though. Can swap it out for Determination Mono if necessary.
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/296599062/

*spookily strums banjo*
CyberKookaburra
Scratcher
11 posts

-Hologram wrote:

assignments:

https://beepbox.co/#8n31s0k0l00e02t2mm0a7g0fj07i0r1o3210T1v1L4u31q1d5f9y1z7C1c0AbF6B2ViQ069eP7b72E0006T1v1L4u9bq3d6fay0ziC0c2AcF8BeV1Q0245PceceE0000T1v1L4u97q3d7f5y0zaC0c0A9F3B6V5Q5428Paa74E0019T4v1L4uf0q1z6666ji8k8k3jSBKSJJAArriiiiii07JCABrzrrrrrrr00YrkqHrsrrrrjr005zrAqzrjzrrqr1jRjrqGGrrzsrsA099ijrABJJJIAzrrtirqrqjqixzsrAjrqjiqaqqysttAJqjikikrizrHtBJJAzArzrIsRCITKSS099ijrAJS____Qg99habbCAYrDzh00b4z000000000ic0000000014g000000004h000000000p21xFEZ8zFwO-EzGLbWyeGLghSkRm4tB17l0AtBh7HI8XaaaGFaBdjQbobB4oaq_mfbYzva7vWqWPLMkT7WRarn-0kSKtiCL9EOg0

IMPORTANT NOTE: This is not finished and is a sample of what I'm working on, feel free to give me suggestions!
-Hologram
Scratcher
100+ posts

MayaKiona wrote:

Oh I actually already have a text engine! The font's pretty ugly though. Can swap it out for Determination Mono if necessary.
i'll leave it to you to incorporate it in-game. do you think you have what it takes to make another custom font? you can base it on other fonts if you want.

moosik
qwertykid44
Scratcher
100+ posts

I am here.

What's the current stats list?

I saw MUS, MOX, REF, ART, and what's FRT?

Should there be a LCK stat (luck) to influence critical hits?

Should crits be random (or are we #removerandomcrits?)

OR

Should crits be chargeable based on damage like Fallout 4?

also i'm on central standard time, running from 8:00 ish to 14:00 ish UTC.

Ace/Aroflux
She/Her
-Hologram
Scratcher
100+ posts

qwertykid44 wrote:

I am here.

What's the current stats list?

I saw MUS, MOX, REF, ART, and what's FRT?

Should there be a LCK stat (luck) to influence critical hits?

Should crits be random (or are we #removerandomcrits?)

OR

Should crits be chargeable based on damage like Fallout 4?

also i'm on central standard time, running from 8:00 ish to 14:00 ish UTC.

frt is fortitude

crits should be influenced by luck

moosik
28CoolKing28
Scratcher
100+ posts

Ok

uhhhhhhh i forgot
-Hologram
Scratcher
100+ posts

28CoolKing28 wrote:

Ok
what

moosik
MayaKiona
Scratcher
100+ posts

-Hologram wrote:

MayaKiona wrote:

i'll leave it to you to incorporate it in-game. do you think you have what it takes to make another custom font? you can base it on other fonts if you want.
Tweaked version of Liberation Mono. Acceptable? https://ibb.co/q0GyxPb

*spookily strums banjo*
-Hologram
Scratcher
100+ posts

:0 it looks good! can you incorporate it into your text engine?

moosik
CyberKookaburra
Scratcher
11 posts

MayaKiona
Scratcher
100+ posts

-Hologram wrote:

:0 it looks good! can you incorporate it into your text engine?
Yeah, some of the punctuation symbols are going to need custom kerning because I couldn't see any way of stretching them to be the same width as the other characters, but it'll be done by tomorrow.

*spookily strums banjo*