Super_Scratch_Bros20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MegaManX Overdrive Discussion.

megakidX
Scratcher
100+ posts

This is good!! Did you make this yourself?

Hi im megakidx
or matrix or lance idc.
im 15 and i like legos
Super_Scratch_Bros20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

A storyline is required, huh? How about this:

Mavericks wreck havoc across the world. While X tries to stop them, a new hero, X-Kai, gets in his way. In each level, X must fight X-Kai before proceeding to the boss. After all Mavericks are defeated, the truth is revealed: X-Kai was created by Sigma to distract X and learn more about him to improve the fighting ability of the Mavericks. X goes to the Sigma Castle before any more chaos occurs, only to find out that X-Kai was waiting for him all along. They fight, with X-Kai being much stronger than before. After he is defeated, X progresses to Sigma, to defeat him and put an end to this chaos.

Last edited by Super_Scratch_Bros20 (May 1, 2020 16:46:11)

Super_Scratch_Bros20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

megakidX wrote:

This is good!! Did you make this yourself?

No; I can't really. I found a royalty free Mega Man X theme after searching for a while. I was searching for the best one. Thanks for the feedback!

megakidX
Scratcher
100+ posts

Oh, Its still good though. it would seem more fitting for a castle stage but its still pretty nice to listen too

Hi im megakidx
or matrix or lance idc.
im 15 and i like legos
Super_Scratch_Bros20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

megakidX wrote:

Oh, Its still good though. it would seem more fitting for a castle stage but its still pretty nice to listen too
Good idea. I can try replace that one with a new one and use that song for the castle stage, or I can just make a new castle stage theme.

megakidX
Scratcher
100+ posts

I like the story, but how about X-kai is using sigma to distract X while X-kai is the mastermind. that would feel less repetitive mostly because sigma is normally behind everything

Hi im megakidx
or matrix or lance idc.
im 15 and i like legos
Super_Scratch_Bros20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

megakidX wrote:

I like the story, but how about X-kai is using sigma to distract X while X-kai is the mastermind. that would feel less repetitive mostly because sigma is normally behind everything

So, it's basically like when Mr. X says he was merely manipulating Wily when he actually was Wily, except this time he's not actually Sigma, but he's X-Kai?

I think he should also be the intro stage boss. Adding a new main character as the intro stage boss can catch the viewers' attention.

megakidX
Scratcher
100+ posts

sigma finds X-kai locked in dr wily's old lab from 100 years back (since x-kai was dr wilys clone of X) and x-kai managed to almost destroy sigma and became the head of operations. I like the idea of having X-kai seem to be a rival to X and turns out to be very evil in the end.

Hi im megakidx
or matrix or lance idc.
im 15 and i like legos
nightwolf49
Scratcher
100+ posts

I see. Hmm should it be a wall (background) style boss fight or standard same platform boss fight. Wall (background) fights examples would be MMX2 opening stage boss, MMX3 Opening stage boss, MMX Sigma Stage 2 boss. Standard same platform fights would be MMX opening stage boss, MMX4 opening stage boss, your standard fighting style.

Hello there! I enjoy playing Mega Man games and helping other with concept ideas or providing music projects.
megakidX
Scratcher
100+ posts

Super_Scratch_Bros20 wrote:

megakidX wrote:

So, it's basically like when Mr. X says he was merely manipulating Wily when he actually was Wily, except this time he's not actually Sigma, but he's X-Kai?

I think he should also be the intro stage boss. Adding a new main character as the intro stage boss can catch the viewers' attention.

Thats not what i meant but i like that idea

Hi im megakidx
or matrix or lance idc.
im 15 and i like legos
Super_Scratch_Bros20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

megakidX wrote:

-snip-
I meant that X-Kai was manipulating Sigma. (X-Kai is not Sigma.)

Also, as a mini-boss somewhere, maybe we should add Zero.

megakidX
Scratcher
100+ posts

Zero is a playable character, and so as axl. We should do what you said, X kai appears in random stages to fight.

Hi im megakidx
or matrix or lance idc.
im 15 and i like legos
Super_Scratch_Bros20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Who are the eight Mavericks, though?

megakidX
Scratcher
100+ posts

And yes X-kai is manipulating sigma

Hi im megakidx
or matrix or lance idc.
im 15 and i like legos
nightwolf49
Scratcher
100+ posts

X kai appears in random stages to fight.
so umm what's the boss thing now. I'm getting confused sorry…

Hello there! I enjoy playing Mega Man games and helping other with concept ideas or providing music projects.
megakidX
Scratcher
100+ posts

Super_Scratch_Bros20 wrote:

Who are the eight Mavericks, though?
we came up with one of them, which is sink snake. we need help with the others. We will use some bosses from the old games simply because we like them

Hi im megakidx
or matrix or lance idc.
im 15 and i like legos
nightwolf49
Scratcher
100+ posts

@Super_Scratch_Bros20: Who are the eight Mavericks though?
Well you see we will be using 4 originals, Storm Eagle, Blizzard Buffalo, Morph Moth, and (I forgot this one), We have 1 new Maverick called Sink Snake.

megakidX
Scratcher
100+ posts

nightwolf49 wrote:

X kai appears in random stages to fight.
so umm what's the boss thing now. I'm getting confused sorry…
Alright i will explain the final idea for the game. we are scrapping the open world and will go with the stage select.
So after the first stage the maverick hunter airship is repaired and you could explore there. you could interact with other maverick hunters and get stuff from Douglas's shop
Also there is a capsule in that airship that opens up the stage select.
In each stage there is a capsule that can be used to equip an armor part or change character from X, Zero, or Axl.

Hi im megakidx
or matrix or lance idc.
im 15 and i like legos