Discuss Scratch

chrdagos
Scratcher
500+ posts

remove the limit on how many people you can follow.

the limit on how many people you can follow seems to be useless.
WindOctahedron
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Although it seems to be useless, it actually isn't.
Some people have created accounts just to follow everyone, which is against the rules (probably because it falls under “manipulating the site!'s statistics”, but I'm not sure).

By the way, do you mean how many overall or how many in a given amount of time? (For now, it appears to be the first one; I'm asking just to make sure.)

Last edited by WindOctahedron (March 23, 2020 21:11:16)

The message above may contain wrong information, rude remarks, or something embarrassing to my current self. In this case, please ignore it and remember that I likely wrote it back when I didn't know what “respect” truly meant. I really hate thinking about it again.
chrdagos
Scratcher
500+ posts

WindOctahedron wrote:

Although it seems to be useless, it actually isn't.
Some people have created accounts just to follow everyone, which is against the rules (probably because it falls under “manipulating the site!'s statistics”, but I'm not sure).

By the way, do you mean how many overall or how many in a given amount of time? (For now, it appears to be the first one; I'm asking just to make sure.)
how many overall.
chrdagos
Scratcher
500+ posts

bump
DownsGameClub
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Has there ever been a limit to how many people you can follow? I haven't heard of any restriction at all.

–DGC
Scratcher since Aug. 2015 +++ Fire Alarm Enthusiast +++ College student studying fire protection engineering
Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

DownsGameClub wrote:

Has there ever been a limit to how many people you can follow? I haven't heard of any restriction at all.
There is a restriction, you can't follow more than 10,000 people.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.

I was a Scratch Team member from May 10th 2019 to October 29th 2021. I reached 20,000 forum posts on June 24th 2024.

my notebook | scratch team essay | accessibility essay
Dragonlord767
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Doesn't following a lot of people defeat the point of following them? Following someone is a way to see their new projects, not to say “hey, you exist”

no signature plz
fdreerf
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Dragonlord767 wrote:

Doesn't following a lot of people defeat the point of following them? Following someone is a way to see their new projects, not to say “hey, you exist”
Well, what if you want to see 10,000 different people's projects?
You'd actually have to be insane to follow that many people for any reason.

Hyped for MS-DOS 11.0
Dragonlord767
Scratcher
1000+ posts

fdreerf wrote:

Dragonlord767 wrote:

Well, what if you want to see 10,000 different people's projects?
You'd actually have to be insane to follow that many people for any reason.
If you wanted to see 10,000 people's projects, then you'll miss a rediculous quantity of them.

no signature plz
chrdagos
Scratcher
500+ posts

bump.
coder2045
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump despite this not being my topic.

Highlight this text and press Ctrl-Shift-Down to view more of my signature. There's a lot in there.
I FOUND THE POSTIE POSTIE POST LINK THIS
Brainteaser: What comes next? Answer on my profile. First correct answer gets a follow.

[ ]
[ [ ] ]
[ [ [ ] ] [ ] ]
Good projects ⬇️