Discuss Scratch

gosoccerboy5
Scratcher
1000+ posts

multi-touch events

Oops. I posted on the dupe..

Anyways, support. Mobile games like Minecraft suppport multiple touch spots.

One question.. what does mouse x and mouse y report?

griefercube
Scratcher
500+ posts

multi-touch events

Full support.

sometimes, you just have to change a way of thinking to solve a problem. -griefercube
|other projectshow I made the banneranimated thumbnails?i’m on wiki!Cubey Mines|

Last edited by griefercube (32th Undecimber, XXXX)

https://turbowarp.org/563693837/editor (something i did a while back don’t worry it’s for the banner)

list of working bbcodes:

[color=]
[scratchblocks]
[url=]
[img]
[center]
[code]
[code=]
[list]
[quote]
[b]
[i]
[u]
[s]
[big]
[small]
[p]
[wiki]
[google]
arvepro3579
Scratcher
100+ posts

multi-touch events

Support! It would be much easier to make mobile games if they add that.

Not on scratch very often
MAZ3MAK3R
Scratcher
15 posts

multi-touch events

Here's my block suggestions:

<sprite pressed?::sensing>
This block is basically a boolean version of “when sprite clicked” and it supports multiple touches

(mouse x offset from click::sensing)
(mouse y offset from click::sensing)
These two give the X or Y offset from a click (example: if your sprite is at (0, -5) and you click at (0, 5) the output from (mouse x offset from click) would be 10)

Here's a possible use:

when green flag clicked
hide
go to x:(-200) y:(-50)
switch costume to [joystick v]
create clone of [myself v]
go to x:(175) y:(25)
switch costume to [button x v]
go to x:(225) y:(75)
switch costume to [button o v]

when i start as a clone
forever
if <(costume name) = [joystick]> then
if <sprite pressed?::sensing> then
change [playerX v] by (mouse x offset from click::sensing)
change [playerY v] by (mouse y offset from click::sensing)
end
end
replace item (1) of [button presses v] with <sprite pressed?::sensing>
end
replace item (2) of [button presses v] with <sprite pressed?::sensing>
end
end

<

game_pr0grammer
Scratcher
500+ posts

multi-touch events

MAZ3MAK3R wrote:

Here's my block suggestions:

<sprite pressed?::sensing>
This block is basically a boolean version of “when sprite clicked” and it supports multiple touches

(mouse x offset from click::sensing)
(mouse y offset from click::sensing)
These two give the X or Y offset from a click (example: if your sprite is at (0, -5) and you click at (0, 5) the output from (mouse x offset from click) would be 10)

SNIP SNIP GOTTA CLIP
this thread is not about that, you should instead go make your own thread. this thread is about multi-touch events.

And besides mouse offset from click has a very trivial workaround

((mouse x) - (x position))
((mouse y) - (y position))

SPEAK UP TO KUMQUAT EQUALITY Kumquats are not bad! Kumquat lives matter!

hi i am myself, i make projects that take like a week or month to make whenever i feel like it (which isn't often) and then they only get 10 views because i'm a nobody. and i cannot change that. i am just one singular person in the sea of many that are on scratch. my stuff don't matter. i don't matter. i am going to die in 70 years anyway, and 99.99% of people on the world will not even know, or really care if they know. also i am good at programming i made an opengl so ha take that nuuubs. (i am legally required to say that statement does not accurately reflect my views i wrote that because i thought it was funny)

all my good projects. are here here are examples of my good Projects

shoot that's it basically lol they're all platformers. play them and talk about it so i get clout plz. thank.
game_pr0grammer
Scratcher
500+ posts

multi-touch events

gosoccerboy5 wrote:

One question.. what does mouse x and mouse y report?
Well, mouse x and mouse y would stay unchanged I guess.

EDIT: They are called mouse x and y after all. Not touch x and y.

Last edited by game_pr0grammer (Feb. 10, 2021 02:52:05)

SPEAK UP TO KUMQUAT EQUALITY Kumquats are not bad! Kumquat lives matter!

hi i am myself, i make projects that take like a week or month to make whenever i feel like it (which isn't often) and then they only get 10 views because i'm a nobody. and i cannot change that. i am just one singular person in the sea of many that are on scratch. my stuff don't matter. i don't matter. i am going to die in 70 years anyway, and 99.99% of people on the world will not even know, or really care if they know. also i am good at programming i made an opengl so ha take that nuuubs. (i am legally required to say that statement does not accurately reflect my views i wrote that because i thought it was funny)

all my good projects. are here here are examples of my good Projects

shoot that's it basically lol they're all platformers. play them and talk about it so i get clout plz. thank.
the2000
Scratcher
1000+ posts

multi-touch events

No support, most people don't play Scratch projects on phones and unlike the physical extensions I don't see very much educational potential in adding this. Maybe a “phone features” extension would be alright, along with other things like motion sensing? (Saw a suggestion for that once)

fdreerf
Scratcher
1000+ posts

multi-touch events

"fdreerf" wrote:

I'm not sure what you're saying you can make mobile-only games because on mobile taps “jump” from point to point. How would a project detect that without getting needlessly complicated? Frankly, I don't support this. There really isn't a need for this; how exactly this would be useful? Scratch was meant for computer and built for computer. Do people actually use Scratch on mobile devices, if so I must give them a round of applause for navigating a website meant to be displayed on a computer on a smaller screen. As well as that, there would be mobile-only projects. PC-only projects do exist in the form of anything that uses the keyboard.
This is smooth-brain thinking.

It wouldn't hurt to add some mobile accessibility to the site. A lot of genius things can be made if you have multiple fingers in the picture instead of just one cursor.

Last edited by fdreerf (Feb. 10, 2021 04:49:27)

Hyped for MS-DOS 11.0
the2000
Scratcher
1000+ posts

multi-touch events

fdreerf wrote:

A lot of genius things can be made if you have multiple fingers in the picture instead of just one cursor.
I don't like the idea of having too many projects which are inaccessible to PC users, but I agree with this, and that's why I support it as an extension. Perhaps this kind of thing will be a self-regulating issue anyway; the less people who are able to play your project, the less people who will give love-its.

starchie123
Scratcher
32 posts

multi-touch events

Mr_PenguinAlex wrote:

nyankatpro wrote:

This could easily be used to make mobile-only projects… no support.
Is… that a bad thing?
I don't know. We have plenty of computer-only projects right now anyway.

<^_^>
This is bob. He protects me from all the evil kumquats that try to eat my signature.
Hey, want to check out my suggestions for scratch? Here is my latest one! Latest Scratch Forum Post

when green flag clicked
forever
if <Your [Birthday v] ?> then
say [Happy Birthday!]
end
end
Nishpish
Scratcher
47 posts

multi-touch events

Support to a very large degree.
Possibly a mobile-features extension.
MexicanMold
Scratcher
2 posts

multi-touch events

nyankatpro wrote:

mobile-only projects exist already tho most big projects I'm working on dont work on PC and I can't add pc support if I don't have a keyboard
BanMeOS
Scratcher
500+ posts

multi-touch events

Support. would be easier for mobile-only projects and they could just make a pc version of the project

([foo v] ::variables)
([list v] ::list)
set [ v].y to [] ::variables
([foo v] [ v] pos :: variables)
<[] is exactly [] :: operators>
<mouse moving? ::sensing>
point towards x: () y: () ::motion

glide () secs to [sprite v] ::motion

we reach 410 + 10 posts :: sound

lol ::operators
Alex-2739
Scratcher
31 posts

multi-touch events

they should at someting like this:
(touchX :: touchX)
(touchY :: touchY)

both are lists containing the touch positions. they are ordered by time:
first on the top
last at the bottom

Last edited by Alex-2739 (Sept. 22, 2021 21:09:50)

Banana
mumu245
Scratcher
1000+ posts

multi-touch events

nyankatpro wrote:

True.

select this text then press Ctrl+Shift+Down to read more
Xolay
Scratcher
1000+ posts

multi-touch events

Alex-2739 wrote:

they should at someting like this:
(touchX :: touchX)
(touchY :: touchY)

both are lists containing the touch positions. they are ordered by time:
first on the top
last at the bottom

Cool necropost my guy

I'm a 8 year old boy
[0.0](ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ::stack)('_'::stack variables)(o,o::stack control)(d_b::stack operators)(²-²::stack motion)(1_1::stack looks)(°-°::stack sound)::stack #000000//these are my kumquat protectors

if <(username) = [add signature] > then
set [big brain v]to [True]
end
WHAT??? HOW ARE YOU SEEING THIS?
<<true(::grey) ::#00FF00>::operators>
<<(::grey) false::#ff0000>::operators>
I love courtney from total dramarama
My goal:
5000 posts (::control) (::control) (::#000000) (::#000000) (::#000000) ::#00008B

Credits: Google

move (1) step::motion

hello, light mode user
hello, dark mode user

this hat is looking at u
() () ::custom hat

POV: you are a ST member about to report
See the POV of being a Scratch Team member.

atchscray isyay ayay igh-levelhay ock-basedblay isualvay ogrammingpray anguagelay andyay ebsiteway argetedtay imarilypray atyay ildrenchay 8–16 asyay anyay educationalyay ooltay orfay ogrammingpray.

PLZ buy me a Wedo 2.0

hellohellohellohello

I BELIEVE IN VS TOTAL DRAMARAMA SUPREMACY

you are not being valid offtopic there

hahaha superhero block go brrrr::#FFFFFF cap

made with uploads.scratch.mit.edu
BlooXen
Scratcher
53 posts

multi-touch events

game_pr0grammer wrote:

StevenTheSquare wrote:

~snip~

do you not know what i am talking about you only have one mouse coordinate only so you can only press on one sprite and humans do not have only one finger they have ten so they can press the screen at ten different areas of the screen and i am suggesting a way to detect whether one of those touches are touching a sprite so you can have ten sprites being touched at once but you can only have one sprite being clicked at once people do you not read the entire thing

and you can probably make non-computer friendly projects anyway using current methods since when they track your mouse x and mouse y in mobile there is no light gun or something tracking your finger when its off the screen so it only tracks where you touched meaning that movements go from one point to another in an instant while on a computer you can't do this so when you want your mouse to go from point a to b your mouse goes through many points between a and b until you finally reach the goal
That is exactly what the
when this sprite clicked
block does. It should be called
when this sprite pressed::events hat

Last edited by BlooXen (Sept. 24, 2021 06:36:28)

HI I'm blooxen
Loganmcc04
Scratcher
100+ posts

multi-touch events

maybe this can be added on turbowarp or by using inspect element (note: this is kinda like adding controller support without the google extenison.) then pasting in a block of code and them bam but on mobile idk i just hope it comes in some way

Albert Einstein wrote:

You should play GMOD Nextbots today!
cooL_gUy6
Scratcher
63 posts

multi-touch events

nyankatpro wrote:

i mean aren't the majority of scratch games PC only games? That's like saying we should ban the makey maker controller because a majority of people don't have it. support, only opens up new possibilities

masoluka
Scratcher
26 posts

multi-touch events

xXRedTheCoderXx wrote:

Support. Mobile projects would be much easier, with 2 things being able to be touched at once
This is a must