if <touching [mouse pointer v] ?> then

end
end

or
forever
if <<touching [mouse pointer v] ?>and<mouse down?>> then

end
end

Plus it could make some projects non-computer friendly, and that's just weird.

do you not know what i am talking about you only have one mouse coordinate only so you can only press on one sprite and humans do not have only one finger they have ten so they can press the screen at ten different areas of the screen and i am suggesting a way to detect whether one of those touches are touching a sprite so you can have ten sprites being touched at once but you can only have one sprite being clicked at once people do you not read the entire thing

and you can probably make non-computer friendly projects anyway using current methods since when they track your mouse x and mouse y in mobile there is no light gun or something tracking your finger when its off the screen so it only tracks where you touched meaning that movements go from one point to another in an instant while on a computer you can't do this so when you want your mouse to go from point a to b your mouse goes through many points between a and b until you finally reach the goal
Can you please add punctuation and capital letters to that? It's somewhat hard to read.

✭✭✭ FasterThanLight ✭✭✭
Hello! I'm @-FasterThanLight-, and this is my signature! Your signature is a piece of text that is appended to each and every post you make! I am purposefully trying to make this signature long! I hope you like it! Oh my that echoes…

fdreerf
Scratcher
1000+ posts

multi-touch events

-FasterThanLight- wrote:

Can you please add punctuation and capital letters to that? It's somewhat hard to read.

game-pr0grammer's proofreader wrote:

Do you not know what I am talking about? You only have one mouse coordinate, only so you can only press on one sprite, and humans do not have only one finger they have ten, so they can press the screen at ten different areas of the screen. I am suggesting a way to detect whether one of those touches are touching a sprite, so you can have ten sprites being touched at once, but you can only have one sprite being clicked at once. People, do you not read the entire thing?

You can probably make non-computer friendly projects anyway using current methods, since when they track your mouse x and mouse y in mobile, there is no light gun or something tracking your finger when it's off the screen, so it only tracks where you touched meaning that movements go from one point to another in an instant, while on a computer you can't do this, so when you want your mouse to go from point A to B, your mouse goes through many points between A and B until you finally reach the goal.

I'm not sure what you're saying you can make mobile-only games because on mobile taps “jump” from point to point. How would a project detect that without getting needlessly complicated? Frankly, I don't support this. There really isn't a need for this; how exactly this would be useful? Scratch was meant for computer and built for computer. Do people actually use Scratch on mobile devices, if so I must give them a round of applause for navigating a website meant to be displayed on a computer on a smaller screen. As well as that, there would be mobile-only projects. PC-only projects do exist in the form of anything that uses the keyboard.

Hyped for MS-DOS 11.0
game_pr0grammer
Scratcher
500+ posts

multi-touch events

minor-edit wrote:

Maybe change title of topic to “multi touch events.” Touch event sounds like what Scratch already does.

agreed

SPEAK UP TO KUMQUAT EQUALITY Kumquats are not bad! Kumquat lives matter!

hi i am myself, i make projects that take like a week or month to make whenever i feel like it (which isn't often) and then they only get 10 views because i'm a nobody. and i cannot change that. i am just one singular person in the sea of many that are on scratch. my stuff don't matter. i don't matter. i am going to die in 70 years anyway, and 99.99% of people on the world will not even know, or really care if they know. also i am good at programming i made an opengl so ha take that nuuubs. (i am legally required to say that statement does not accurately reflect my views i wrote that because i thought it was funny)

all my good projects. are here here are examples of my good Projects

shoot that's it basically lol they're all platformers. play them and talk about it so i get clout plz. thank.
game_pr0grammer
Scratcher
500+ posts

multi-touch events

fdreerf wrote:

I'm not sure what you're saying you can make mobile-only games because on mobile taps “jump” from point to point. How would a project detect that without getting needlessly complicated?

In a forever loop, you can check if the mouse delta is above a certain threshold. If it is, then it probably means that the user is using a touchscreen, which is present in all smartphones.

when green flag clicked
set [mobile? v] to [no]
set [last mouse x v] to (mouse x)
set [last mouse y v] to (mouse y)
forever
if <(distance function too lazy to write it all out (mouse x) (mouse y) (last mouse x) (last mouse y)::operators) > ["certain threshold," say 5]> then
set [mobile? v] to [yes]
end
set [last mouse x v] to (mouse x)
set [last mouse y v] to (mouse y)
end

SPEAK UP TO KUMQUAT EQUALITY Kumquats are not bad! Kumquat lives matter!

hi i am myself, i make projects that take like a week or month to make whenever i feel like it (which isn't often) and then they only get 10 views because i'm a nobody. and i cannot change that. i am just one singular person in the sea of many that are on scratch. my stuff don't matter. i don't matter. i am going to die in 70 years anyway, and 99.99% of people on the world will not even know, or really care if they know. also i am good at programming i made an opengl so ha take that nuuubs. (i am legally required to say that statement does not accurately reflect my views i wrote that because i thought it was funny)

all my good projects. are here here are examples of my good Projects

shoot that's it basically lol they're all platformers. play them and talk about it so i get clout plz. thank.
Maximouse
Scratcher
1000+ posts

multi-touch events

Support! This actually wouldn't be hard to implement. But I think that this should be either a multitouch extension

when this sprite touched :: pen hat

<this sprite touched? :: pen>

or multitouch compatibility could be added to

when this sprite clicked

and

<touching [mouse-pointer v]?>

This is Maximouse's signature. Learn more about signatures.
Maximouse
Scratcher
1000+ posts

multi-touch events

fdreerf wrote:

I'm not sure what you're saying you can make mobile-only games because on mobile taps “jump” from point to point. How would a project detect that without getting needlessly complicated? Frankly, I don't support this. There really isn't a need for this; how exactly this would be useful? Scratch was meant for computer and built for computer. Do people actually use Scratch on mobile devices, if so I must give them a round of applause for navigating a website meant to be displayed on a computer on a smaller screen. As well as that, there would be mobile-only projects. PC-only projects do exist in the form of anything that uses the keyboard.

Scratch 3.0 is compatible with mobile devices, and people do use the website on mobile devices. So I think that mobile-only projects would be OK.

On a phone, Scratch looks like this.

Maximouse
Scratcher
1000+ posts

multi-touch events

JplaysStuff wrote:

No support. This can be used to make mobile-only projects…

Scratch doesn't support multi-touch anyway, as far as I can tell. If it did, “when this sprite clicked” blocks can be used just fine.

It currently doesn't support multi-touch, but that could (should) be added.

fdreerf
Scratcher
1000+ posts

multi-touch events

Maximouse wrote:

Scratch 3.0 is compatible with mobile devices, and people do use the website on mobile devices. So I think that mobile-only projects would be OK.

]
However, a very, very small fraction of the userbase uses mobile.

Hyped for MS-DOS 11.0
Sheep_maker
Scratcher
1000+ posts

multi-touch events

fdreerf wrote:

Maximouse wrote:

]
Do you have a source for this?

Maximouse wrote:

Support! This actually wouldn't be hard to implement. But I think that this should be either a multitouch extension

when this sprite touched :: pen hat

<this sprite touched? :: pen>

or multitouch compatibility could be added to

when this sprite clicked

and

<touching [mouse-pointer v]?>
I think because almost all devices at least either support touch or have a keyboard, these blocks should be included in the core set so a project can be made for devices without keyboards. The key _ pressed? block is not of an extension, but not all devices have a keyboard, so why not these blocks too?

fdreerf wrote:

Touches can move between two points; that's how they detect scrolling. Scratch 3.0 is also made for touchscreen tablets. While the parts of the website from the 2.0 era are not optimized for smaller screens, the redesigned pages do work well enough.

As the OP said, supporting the detection of multiple pointers would be useful for having both a joystick and a jump button, for example. It could also be used to detect zoom and rotate gestures

Seth_Zaw wrote:

Also, how can you click two sprites at once?
With two fingers

- Sheep_maker This is a kumquat-free signature. :P
This is my signature. It appears below all my posts. Discuss it on my profile, not the forums. Here's how to make your own.
.postsignature { overflow: auto; } .scratchblocks { overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: hidden; }
fdreerf
Scratcher
1000+ posts

multi-touch events

Sheep_maker wrote:

fdreerf wrote:

Maximouse wrote:

]
Do you have a source for this?
Do I need one?

Hyped for MS-DOS 11.0
ved_chinnamgari
Scratcher
91 posts

multi-touch events

try this
when green flag clicked
forever
go to [mouse pointer v]
end

move (ved_chinnamgari :)) steps
scratchastroLOL
Scratcher
1000+ posts

multi-touch events

Workaround:
when [timer v] > (0)
forever
reset timer
if <touching [this sprite v] ?> then
end
end

Last edited by scratchastroLOL (Aug. 16, 2020 15:55:50)

starchie123
Scratcher
32 posts

multi-touch events

I posted a version of this before realising that this topic has already been posted however mine suggests the blocks that could be used. Click HERE to view it. Or copy and paste this link: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/457609/

<^_^>
This is bob. He protects me from all the evil kumquats that try to eat my signature.
Hey, want to check out my suggestions for scratch? Here is my latest one! Latest Scratch Forum Post

when green flag clicked
forever
if <Your [Birthday v] ?> then
say [Happy Birthday!]
end
end
Tunde123
Scratcher
1000+ posts

multi-touch events

starchie123 wrote:

I posted a version of this before realising that this topic has already been posted however mine suggests the blocks that could be used. Click HERE to view it. Or copy and paste this link: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/457609/
Isn't that Advertising?

This is a SIGNATURE. This is seperate from a normal post ^
Forum Posts: 2600+/3000
Highlight + Shift + Down Arrow = To see whole signature.

Want to friend me on Roblox? My username is BaconvsRoblox121314 if you want to friend me!

–v More Information v–
New Scratchers - Introduce yourself here!

Questions about Scratch - Ask questions related to scratch here!

Help with Scripts - get/provide help here!

Suggestions - Suggest blocks, features, and more here!

Bugs and Glitches - Report bugs/glitches here!

Last edited by Tunde123 (May 17th, 2022 10:18 AM EST)
starchie123
Scratcher
32 posts

multi-touch events

Tunde123 wrote:

starchie123 wrote:

Isn't that Advertising?
No, I don't think so, it's just showing the forum that I made that has the new blocks that I created for this topic.

<^_^>
This is bob. He protects me from all the evil kumquats that try to eat my signature.
Hey, want to check out my suggestions for scratch? Here is my latest one! Latest Scratch Forum Post

when green flag clicked
forever
say [Happy Birthday!]
end
end
Tunde123
Scratcher
1000+ posts

multi-touch events

starchie123 wrote:

Tunde123 wrote:

starchie123 wrote:

Isn't that Advertising?
No, I don't think so, it's just showing the forum that I made that has the new blocks that I created for this topic.
Alright. Just checking.

This is a SIGNATURE. This is seperate from a normal post ^
Forum Posts: 2600+/3000
Highlight + Shift + Down Arrow = To see whole signature.

Want to friend me on Roblox? My username is BaconvsRoblox121314 if you want to friend me!

–v More Information v–
New Scratchers - Introduce yourself here!

Questions about Scratch - Ask questions related to scratch here!

Help with Scripts - get/provide help here!

Suggestions - Suggest blocks, features, and more here!

Bugs and Glitches - Report bugs/glitches here!

Last edited by Tunde123 (May 17th, 2022 10:18 AM EST)
griefercube
Scratcher
500+ posts

multi-touch events

This question is very hard. I would like to see if we can get something like this.

sometimes, you just have to change a way of thinking to solve a problem. -griefercube
|other projectshow I made the banneranimated thumbnails?i’m on wiki!Cubey Mines|

Last edited by griefercube (32th Undecimber, XXXX)

https://turbowarp.org/563693837/editor (something i did a while back don’t worry it’s for the banner)

list of working bbcodes:

[color=]
[scratchblocks]
[url=]
[img]
[center]
[code]
[code=]
[list]
[quote]
[b]
[i]
[u]
[s]
[big]
[small]
[p]
[wiki]
[google]
starchie123
Scratcher
32 posts

multi-touch events

griefercube wrote:

This question is very hard. I would like to see if we can get something like this.
What do you mean that it is hard? I think it would be quite helpful in projects.
To see my version of this post click: Here!

<^_^>

when green flag clicked
forever
say [Happy Birthday!]
end
end
anodee
Scratcher
2 posts

multi-touch events

Hello, I am making "4 DRIVERS", a simple multiplayer game on one screen.
With a keybaord no problem but I use this for touch screen:
<<mouse down?> and <touching [ mouse pointer] >>
but multitouch don't work.
Do you have another solution?
When do you think it can be implement?
Thanks and sorry for my bad English.
Mr_PenguinAlex
Scratcher
1000+ posts

multi-touch events

nyankatpro wrote:

This could easily be used to make mobile-only projects… no support.
Is… that a bad thing?