Discuss Scratch

Cassandra20
Scratcher
100+ posts

The Vietnam Hack - A Scratch series (Looking for artists, animators, and voice actors)

Partial2Partials wrote:

Cassandra20 wrote:

Partial2Partials wrote:

Sounds good! My one correction is that “forex line” isn't really the proper terminology - I'd prefer it if it said “forex market.” Still really good though. I think we should definitely use this script.

Thankyou

I will edit that script. Also, make Jack and Jill less nice. *nyehehe*
Thanks!

Cassandra20 wrote:

NOTES:

1.) Jack and Jill initially appear normal-ish, but I want to have them get worse and worse until one gets blown up or something.
2.) Mack, be DRAMATIC. Really, really, dramatic.
3.) Everything's a bit over-the-top.
4.) Music changes slightly for everyone -
Alex: Uplifting
Liza: Monotonous
Mack: Steady
Sammy: Fast-paced

…but it's really subtle and already distorted.
You mentioned Mack twice, I think. The second time, did you mean Bill?
Probably not, William Flanders is Bill. Here's a quick guide:

Alexander
Elizabeth (Liza) Menalope (I was thinking she could be from a rich family, but really hated everyone, so she got disowned…)
Mack
Samantha Quill
William Flanders (Bill) (Um. Cliche name?)
Phuong
Jack
Jill

And that's it.

Join the SKYWOLVES: Ignited! cast! Looking for everyone.

https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/350831/

Not for you? Join the Aurae at https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/351507/

and do programming, do art, or compose music.
Partial2Partials
Scratcher
500+ posts

The Vietnam Hack - A Scratch series (Looking for artists, animators, and voice actors)

Cassandra20 wrote:

Partial2Partials wrote:

Cassandra20 wrote:

Partial2Partials wrote:

Sounds good! My one correction is that “forex line” isn't really the proper terminology - I'd prefer it if it said “forex market.” Still really good though. I think we should definitely use this script.

Thankyou

I will edit that script. Also, make Jack and Jill less nice. *nyehehe*
Thanks!

Cassandra20 wrote:

NOTES:

1.) Jack and Jill initially appear normal-ish, but I want to have them get worse and worse until one gets blown up or something.
2.) Mack, be DRAMATIC. Really, really, dramatic.
3.) Everything's a bit over-the-top.
4.) Music changes slightly for everyone -
Alex: Uplifting
Liza: Monotonous
Mack: Steady
Sammy: Fast-paced

…but it's really subtle and already distorted.
You mentioned Mack twice, I think. The second time, did you mean Bill?
Probably not, William Flanders is Bill. Here's a quick guide:

Alexander
Elizabeth (Liza) Menalope (I was thinking she could be from a rich family, but really hated everyone, so she got disowned…)
Mack
Samantha Quill
William Flanders (Bill) (Um. Cliche name?)
Phuong
Jack
Jill

And that's it.
Wait… I'm really sorry, I completely misread that. My bad.

Welcome to my signature! This short message shows up after everything I post on the forums here.

I compose music. If you want to see some of what I have made, go here

Have you read Animal Farm before and want to make a Scratch movie adaptation of it? Go here
partypalace
Scratcher
100+ posts

Cassandra20 wrote:

Here is a script I wrote for Episode 1. If it doesn't match the requirements for what the characters' personalities are, tell me

(Intro)
(Music is basically just static)
(As everyone appears, a front, two sides, and full-body portrait is shown, as if from a criminal photo.)
(Tone - grainy, and not quite black-and-white)

Characters:
Alex
Liza
Mack
Sammy
Bill (not appearing here)
Phuong (not appearing here)
Voiceover, sounding bored and plain
Jack
Jill

(Alex's shot.)
Voiceover: State your name, age, and crimes.
Alex: I'm, um, Alex. (Sounding determined) I'm twenty-nine. I got fired from McRonalds - actually, I quit working at McRonalds - so I hacked the Forex line in Vietnam. We're going to be rich!

(Liza's shot)
Liza: Liza Menalope. (change last name to whatever you want.) Thirty-two. I hacked the Forex line in Vietnam. We're going to be rich.

(Mack's shot)
Voiceover: State your name, age, and-
(Mack interrupts with a lot of indistinct, violent speech that ends in a sort of yell, yelling Don't mess with me!)
(A break.)
I'm Mack, the guy who's got his fist jammed up-
(He is broken off by static, and then there is a pause and the Mack's line starts over, but calmer.)
I'm Mack. Thirty-six. I work at the CIA - used to - from 9 til' 5. I hacked the Forex line in Vietnam. We're going to be rich.

(Sammy's shot)
Voiceover: State your name, age and crimes.
Sammy: (starting off quiet and escalating into hysterical) I'm-Sammy-Quill-age-twenty-eight-got-fired-cause-Mack-pushed-me-and-I-spilt-Cup-a-Noodles-on-open-circitury…
(She calms down. Still stammering.)
Sammy, 28, used to work with Mack at the CIA - he got us fired. We - uh -spilt Cup-a-noodles on a billion-dollar computer… I hacked the Forex line. We're gonna be rich!

(New scene. Jack and Jill in an office. Jack is sitting at a desk, reading papers, and Jill is solving a Rubik's cube.)

Jill: Done. So, what about the four hackers? We found them yet? Put ‘em in jail?
Jack: No. They’re, uh, working together. Alexander, Eliza, Samantha, Mack - we don't know his full name - plus a few locals. There's a guy, recently released from prison, spotted talking to them. William Flanders.
Jill: Anyone else? (She mixes up the cube.)
Jack: Yes, a local woman… Ah! “Phuong”, that's her name. You get around to the locals, I'll check out the Forex line. Best warn them.
Jill: Roger, little bro'.
Jack: Five minutes hardly gives you the right to call me “little bro'”.
Jill: Still, same deal. I happen to be older by five minutes. (Raspberry.)
Jack: Aw, be quiet. (Grinning). Are you coming?
(They exit)

The end

Cool, I'm Jill, I cant do Rubix Cubes but OK

Last edited by partypalace (July 31, 2019 16:42:56)

Hello! Plz follow me! I like Espeon and Umbreon!

Cassandra20
Scratcher
100+ posts

partypalace wrote:

Cassandra20 wrote:

Here is a script I wrote for Episode 1. If it doesn't match the requirements for what the characters' personalities are, tell me

(Intro)
(As everyone appears, a front, two sides, and full-body portrait is shown, as if from a criminal photo.)

Characters:
Alex
Liza
Mack
Sammy
Jack
Jill

(Alex's shot.)
Alex: I'm, um, Alex. (Sounding determined) I'm twenty-nine. I got fired from McRonalds - actually, I quit working at McRonalds - so I hacked the Forex line in Vietnam. We're going to be rich!

(Liza's shot)
Liza: Liza Menalope. (change last name to whatever you want.) Thirty-two. I hacked the Forex line in Vietnam. We're going to be rich.

(Mack's shot)
(Mack interrupts with a lot of indistinct, violent speech that ends in a sort of yell, yelling Don't mess with me!)
(A break.)
(He is broken off by static, and then there is a pause and the Mack's line starts over, but calmer.)
I'm Mack. Thirty-six. I work at the CIA - used to - from 9 til' 5. I hacked the Forex line in Vietnam. We're going to be rich.

(Sammy's shot)
Sammy: (starting off quiet and escalating into hysterical) I'm-Sammy-Quill-age-twenty-eight-got-fired-cause-Mack-pushed-me-and-I-spilt-Cup-a-Noodles-on-open-circitury…
Sammy, 28, used to work with Mack at the CIA - he got us fired. We - uh -spilt Cup-a-noodles on a billion-dollar computer… I hacked the Forex line. We're gonna be rich!

(New scene. Jack and Jill in an office. Jack is sitting at a desk, reading papers, and Jill is solving a Rubik's cube.)

Jill: Done. So, what about the four hackers? We found them yet? Put ‘em in jail?
Jack: No. They’re, uh, working together. Alexander, Eliza, Samantha, Mack - we don't know his full name - plus a few locals. There's a guy, recently released from prison, spotted talking to them. William Flanders.
Jack: Yes, a local woman… Ah! “Phuong”, that's her name. You get around to the locals, I'll check out the Forex line. Best warn them.
(They exit)

The end

Um… You don't actually need to solve a Rubic's cube… I have a lil' something called SFX *evil laugh*

Join the SKYWOLVES: Ignited! cast! Looking for everyone.

https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/350831/

Not for you? Join the Aurae at https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/351507/

and do programming, do art, or compose music.
partypalace
Scratcher
100+ posts

Cassandra20 wrote:

partypalace wrote:

Cassandra20 wrote:

(Intro)

Characters:
Alex
Liza
Mack
Sammy
Jack
Jill

(Alex's shot.)

(Liza's shot)

(Mack's shot)
(A break.)

(Sammy's shot)

(They exit)

The end

Um… You don't actually need to solve a Rubic's cube… I have a lil' something called SFX *evil laugh*
K *phew sound effect*

partypalace
Scratcher
100+ posts

Cassandra20 wrote:

partypalace wrote:

Cassandra20 wrote:

(Intro)

Characters:
Alex
Liza
Mack
Sammy
Jack
Jill

(Alex's shot.)

(Liza's shot)

(Mack's shot)
(A break.)

(Sammy's shot)

(They exit)

The end

K *phew sound effect*

G_A_C
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hey, is anyone still interested in picking this up? Seemed like a nice idea.

G.A.C. - known also as Fish.