Discuss Scratch

StarzSparklez
Scratcher
42 posts

The Vietnam Hack - A Scratch series (Looking for artists, animators, and voice actors)

I am available to be an artist for your series.
Partial2Partials
Scratcher
500+ posts

The Vietnam Hack - A Scratch series (Looking for artists, animators, and voice actors)

StarzSparklez wrote:

I am available to be an artist for your series.
Thanks for the offer, but we're not actually looking for artists right now. If you can voice act, that would certainly work!

Welcome to my signature! This short message shows up after everything I post on the forums here.

I compose music. If you want to see some of what I have made, go here

Have you read Animal Farm before and want to make a Scratch movie adaptation of it? Go here
StarzSparklez
Scratcher
42 posts

Sure I can voice act, is there any female parts?
AFNNetworkK12
Scratcher
1000+ posts

can't we just add last names to the characters?

AFN!

| Okay | Hobbyist | Introvert | Active | OK! |

HELLO
AFNNetworkK12
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump

AFN!

| Okay | Hobbyist | Introvert | Active | OK! |

HELLO
partypalace
Scratcher
100+ posts

Partial2Partials wrote:

partypalace wrote:

Job wanted: VA
Skill in job (1-10):4
Activity (1-10):5
Other things we should note: I can sound like a boy or girl
Accepted! Which character would you like?
Jill is what I would like please

Hello! Plz follow me! I like Espeon and Umbreon!

Partial2Partials
Scratcher
500+ posts

AFNNetworkK12 wrote:

can't we just add last names to the characters?
Sorry for the late reply. I think we should if the new plot idea for the first episode is voted to be final.

Welcome to my signature! This short message shows up after everything I post on the forums here.

Have you read Animal Farm before and want to make a Scratch movie adaptation of it? Go here
Partial2Partials
Scratcher
500+ posts

partypalace wrote:

Partial2Partials wrote:

partypalace wrote:

Job wanted: VA
Skill in job (1-10):4
Activity (1-10):5
Other things we should note: I can sound like a boy or girl
Accepted! Which character would you like?
Jill is what I would like please
Okay!

StarzSparklez
Scratcher
42 posts

Sorry I have a tight schedule now.
Cassandra20
Scratcher
100+ posts

Sammy = Samantha Quill

Join the SKYWOLVES: Ignited! cast! Looking for everyone.

https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/350831/

Not for you? Join the Aurae at https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/351507/

and do programming, do art, or compose music.
G_A_C
Scratcher
100+ posts

Cassandra20 wrote:

Sammy = Samantha Quill

That's a nice idea!

G.A.C. - known also as Fish.

Partial2Partials
Scratcher
500+ posts

Cassandra20 wrote:

Sammy = Samantha Quill
Sure, sounds good!

Cassandra20
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hey guys, bump-of-the-month ~ how are y'all going? I can write a script if you're busy

Cassandra20
Scratcher
100+ posts

Also, I can do slightly animated things, like basic lip-sync (E, O, AH) and just sort of reference pictures, like for setting the scene without animating them. Here is my example (s):

Click to go to Google Photos

Partial2Partials
Scratcher
500+ posts

Cassandra20 wrote:

Hey guys, bump-of-the-month ~ how are y'all going? I can write a script if you're busy
Yeah, I'm starting to reconsider my role as a scriptwriter. If you can fill out an application for it, I'd definitely take a look at it.

Cassandra20 wrote:

Also, I can do slightly animated things, like basic lip-sync (E, O, AH) and just sort of reference pictures, like for setting the scene without animating them. Here is my example (s):

Making pictures for setting the scene is G_A_C's job. However, I think @Sailor_jupiter_girl's account got deleted, so if you think you want to be the new character artists that works as well. It's okay if you don't, though.

Cassandra20
Scratcher
100+ posts

Partial2Partials wrote:

Cassandra20 wrote:

Yeah, I'm starting to reconsider my role as a scriptwriter. If you can fill out an application for it, I'd definitely take a look at it.

Cassandra20 wrote:

Making pictures for setting the scene is G_A_C's job. However, I think @Sailor_jupiter_girl's account got deleted, so if you think you want to be the new character artists that works as well. It's okay if you don't, though.

*Utter amazement* wow…
Okay! Um. I shall try my hand at character artist.

I applied for scriptwriter a while ago, so here is my new application:

Job wanted: Scriptwriter
Skill in job (1-10): I'm… actually not sure. I'm in Year 8, so I'm not doing any classes on scriptwriting until next year. However, I'll let you decide for yourself…
Activity (1-10): At least every two days. If I vanish, don't worry.
Other things we should note: I'm an artist in a different series, so I'm a bit busy, so you may want to consider getting someone else to fill the art position. Either way, I can draw all the characters as reference sheets, etc.
Here is a script I wrote for Episode 1. If it doesn't match the requirements for what the characters' personalities are, tell me

(Intro)
(Music is basically just static)
(As everyone appears, a front, two sides, and full-body portrait is shown, as if from a criminal photo.)
(Tone - grainy, and not quite black-and-white)

Characters:
Alex
Liza
Mack
Sammy
Bill (not appearing here)
Phuong (not appearing here)
Voiceover, sounding bored and plain
Jack
Jill

(Alex's shot.)
Voiceover: State your name, age, and crimes.
Alex: I'm, um, Alex. (Sounding determined) I'm twenty-nine. I got fired from McRonalds - actually, I quit working at McRonalds - so I hacked the Forex line in Vietnam. We're going to be rich!

(Liza's shot)
Liza: Liza Menalope. (change last name to whatever you want.) Thirty-two. I hacked the Forex line in Vietnam. We're going to be rich.

(Mack's shot)
Voiceover: State your name, age, and-
(Mack interrupts with a lot of indistinct, violent speech that ends in a sort of yell, yelling Don't mess with me!)
(A break.)
I'm Mack, the guy who's got his fist jammed up-
(He is broken off by static, and then there is a pause and the Mack's line starts over, but calmer.)
I'm Mack. Thirty-six. I work at the CIA - used to - from 9 til' 5. I hacked the Forex line in Vietnam. We're going to be rich.

(Sammy's shot)
Voiceover: State your name, age and crimes.
Sammy: (starting off quiet and escalating into hysterical) I'm-Sammy-Quill-age-twenty-eight-got-fired-cause-Mack-pushed-me-and-I-spilt-Cup-a-Noodles-on-open-circitury…
(She calms down. Still stammering.)
Sammy, 28, used to work with Mack at the CIA - he got us fired. We - uh -spilt Cup-a-noodles on a billion-dollar computer… I hacked the Forex line. We're gonna be rich!

(New scene. Jack and Jill in an office. Jack is sitting at a desk, reading papers, and Jill is solving a Rubik's cube.)

Jill: Done. So, what about the four hackers? We found them yet? Put ‘em in jail?
Jack: No. They’re, uh, working together. Alexander, Eliza, Samantha, Mack - we don't know his full name - plus a few locals. There's a guy, recently released from prison, spotted talking to them. William Flanders.
Jill: Anyone else? (She mixes up the cube.)
Jack: Yes, a local woman… Ah! “Phuong”, that's her name. You get around to the locals, I'll check out the Forex line. Best warn them.
Jill: Roger, little bro'.
Jack: Five minutes hardly gives you the right to call me “little bro'”.
Jill: Still, same deal. I happen to be older by five minutes. (Raspberry.)
Jack: Aw, be quiet. (Grinning). Are you coming?
(They exit)

The end

Partial2Partials
Scratcher
500+ posts

Cassandra20 wrote:

Partial2Partials wrote:

Cassandra20 wrote:

Cassandra20 wrote:

*Utter amazement* wow…
Okay! Um. I shall try my hand at character artist.

I applied for scriptwriter a while ago, so here is my new application:

Job wanted: Scriptwriter
Skill in job (1-10): I'm… actually not sure. I'm in Year 8, so I'm not doing any classes on scriptwriting until next year. However, I'll let you decide for yourself…
Activity (1-10): At least every two days. If I vanish, don't worry.
Other things we should note: I'm an artist in a different series, so I'm a bit busy, so you may want to consider getting someone else to fill the art position. Either way, I can draw all the characters as reference sheets, etc.
Here is a script I wrote for Episode 1. If it doesn't match the requirements for what the characters' personalities are, tell me

(Intro)
(As everyone appears, a front, two sides, and full-body portrait is shown, as if from a criminal photo.)

Characters:
Alex
Liza
Mack
Sammy
Jack
Jill

(Alex's shot.)
Alex: I'm, um, Alex. (Sounding determined) I'm twenty-nine. I got fired from McRonalds - actually, I quit working at McRonalds - so I hacked the Forex line in Vietnam. We're going to be rich!

(Liza's shot)
Liza: Liza Menalope. (change last name to whatever you want.) Thirty-two. I hacked the Forex line in Vietnam. We're going to be rich.

(Mack's shot)
(Mack interrupts with a lot of indistinct, violent speech that ends in a sort of yell, yelling Don't mess with me!)
(A break.)
(He is broken off by static, and then there is a pause and the Mack's line starts over, but calmer.)
I'm Mack. Thirty-six. I work at the CIA - used to - from 9 til' 5. I hacked the Forex line in Vietnam. We're going to be rich.

(Sammy's shot)
Sammy: (starting off quiet and escalating into hysterical) I'm-Sammy-Quill-age-twenty-eight-got-fired-cause-Mack-pushed-me-and-I-spilt-Cup-a-Noodles-on-open-circitury…
Sammy, 28, used to work with Mack at the CIA - he got us fired. We - uh -spilt Cup-a-noodles on a billion-dollar computer… I hacked the Forex line. We're gonna be rich!

(New scene. Jack and Jill in an office. Jack is sitting at a desk, reading papers, and Jill is solving a Rubik's cube.)

Jill: Done. So, what about the four hackers? We found them yet? Put ‘em in jail?
Jack: No. They’re, uh, working together. Alexander, Eliza, Samantha, Mack - we don't know his full name - plus a few locals. There's a guy, recently released from prison, spotted talking to them. William Flanders.
Jack: Yes, a local woman… Ah! “Phuong”, that's her name. You get around to the locals, I'll check out the Forex line. Best warn them.
Jack: Five minutes hardly gives you the right to call me “little bro'”.
Jack: Aw, be quiet. (Grinning). Are you coming?
(They exit)

The end
Sounds good! My one correction is that “forex line” isn't really the proper terminology - I'd prefer it if it said “forex market.” Still really good though. I think we should definitely use this script.

Cassandra20
Scratcher
100+ posts

Partial2Partials wrote:

Sounds good! My one correction is that “forex line” isn't really the proper terminology - I'd prefer it if it said “forex market.” Still really good though. I think we should definitely use this script.

Thankyou

I will edit that script. Also, make Jack and Jill less nice. *nyehehe*

Cassandra20
Scratcher
100+ posts

(Intro)

Characters:
Alex
Liza
Mack
Sammy
Jack
Jill

(Alex's shot.)
Alex: I'm, um, Alex. (Sounding determined) I'm twenty-nine. I got fired from McRonalds - actually, I quit working at McRonalds - so I hacked the Forex market in Vietnam. We're going to be rich!

(Liza's shot)
Liza: Liza Menalope. (change the last name to whatever you want.) Thirty-two. I hacked the Forex market in Vietnam. We're going to be rich.

(Mack's shot)
(A break.)
(He is broken off by static, and then there is a pause and Mack's line starts over, but calmer.)
I'm Mack. Thirty-six. I work at the CIA - used to - from 9 til' 5. I hacked the Forex market in Vietnam. We're going to be rich.

(Sammy's shot)
Sammy, 28, used to work with Mack at the CIA - he got us fired. We - uh -spilt Cup-a-noodles on a billion-dollar computer… I hacked the Forex market. We're gonna be rich!

Jill: Done. So, what about the four hackers? We found ‘em yet? Put ‘em in jail?
Jack: No. They’re, uh, working together. Alexander, Eliza, Samantha, Mack - we don’t know his full name - plus a few locals. There's a guy, recently released from prison, spotted talking to them. William Flanders.
Jack: Yes, a local woman… Ah! “Phuong”, that's her name. You get around to the locals, I'll check out the Forex workers. Best warn them.
Jack: Five minutes hardly gives you the right to call me “little bro'”. (Irritably)
Jack: Be - quiet - Jill. Are you coming?
(They exit)

The end

NOTES:

1.) Jack and Jill initially appear normal-ish, but I want to have them get worse and worse until one gets blown up or something.
2.) Mack, be DRAMATIC. Really, really, dramatic.
3.) Everything's a bit over-the-top.
4.) Music changes slightly for everyone -
Alex: Uplifting
Liza: Monotonous
Mack: Steady
Sammy: Fast-paced

…but it's really subtle and already distorted.

Partial2Partials
Scratcher
500+ posts

Cassandra20 wrote:

Partial2Partials wrote:

Thankyou

I will edit that script. Also, make Jack and Jill less nice. *nyehehe*
Thanks!

Cassandra20 wrote:

NOTES:

1.) Jack and Jill initially appear normal-ish, but I want to have them get worse and worse until one gets blown up or something.
2.) Mack, be DRAMATIC. Really, really, dramatic.
3.) Everything's a bit over-the-top.
4.) Music changes slightly for everyone -
Alex: Uplifting
Liza: Monotonous
Mack: Steady
Sammy: Fast-paced

…but it's really subtle and already distorted.
You mentioned Mack twice, I think. The second time, did you mean Bill?