Discuss Scratch

rjmoses
New to Scratch
1 post

Convert sb3 to exe (tutorial)

Just tested the tutorial on Linux Mint 19.2. Worked correctly first time.

Nice job!

I think this is the first tutorial that I have ever used that worked without me having to chase version differences, missing libraries, incomplete configure or make scripts, etc.

Thank you.
IronHead43
Scratcher
53 posts

I probably did something wrong, the text document didn't become a .JSON file and when I tried running the program it said something like no executable JSON file or something.

IronHead43
hey there! Check out my programming language Blocky! and Online Scratch! (CLOUD)
-line
Scratcher
42 posts

I believe that cloud variables don't work on EXE..?
Sheep_maker
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-line wrote:

I believe that cloud variables don't work on EXE..?
Yeah, cloud variables in HTMLified projects behave differently (they store the values locally on your computer) because otherwise it'd require you to sign in to Scratch

IronHead43 wrote:

I probably did something wrong, the text document didn't become a .JSON file and when I tried running the program it said something like no executable JSON file or something.
Make sure your file explorer is showing the file extensions; you might be naming your file package.json.txt

- Sheep_maker This is a kumquat-free signature. :P
This is my signature. It appears below all my posts. Discuss it on my profile, not the forums. Here's how to make your own.
.postsignature { overflow: auto; } .scratchblocks { overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: hidden; }
JakeyPlaysYT
Scratcher
2 posts

The Parameter is Incorrect
JakeyPlaysYT
Scratcher
2 posts

JakeyPlaysYT wrote:

The Parameter is Incorrect
define The Gamer
TheLukaBoss
Scratcher
1 post

Thx! Haven't tried it yet, but just what I was looking for.
Der_Scripter
Scratcher
0 posts

I got this Error:

File access denied
please help me
Talhoid
Scratcher
100+ posts

aaaaaaaaaaaac
i cant find nw.exe

Last edited by Talhoid (Feb. 1, 2020 19:17:19)

A bit of advice as you finished reading my post. Don't do SAND. SAND has four words.
SAND means Spam, Advertising, Necroposting, and Derailing.
Spam means posting something unrelated. Wiki Article: Spam
Advertising is when you promote your studios and projects. Wiki Article: Advertising
Necroposting is when you post on a old topic. It distracts other helpers! Wiki Article: Necroposting
Derailing is when you post something that leads others away from the topic. It is called thread hijacking. Wiki Article: Derailing
(Derailing idea comes from @Dude) BB code is at bottom to copy.
highlight all text and press ctrl + shift + down arrow keys
A bit of advice as you finished reading my post. Don't do [color=orange]SAND[/color]. [color=orange]SAND[/color] has four words. 
SAND means Spam, Advertising, Necroposting, and Derailing.
[b]Spam[/b] means posting something unrelated. [i]Wiki Article:[/i] [wiki]Spam[/wiki]
[b]Advertising[/b] is when you promote your studios and projects. [i]Wiki Article:[/i] [wiki]Advertising[/wiki]
[b]Necroposting[/b] is when you post on a old topic. It distracts other helpers! [i]Wiki Article:[/i] [wiki]Necroposting[/wiki]
[b]Derailing[/b] is when you post something that leads others away from the topic. It is called thread hijacking. [i]Wiki Article:[/i] [wiki=Thread Hijacking]Derailing[/wiki] 
[small](Derailing idea comes from [url=https://scratch.mit.edu/users/ThatOneWeirdDude]@Dude[/url]) BB code is at bottom to copy.[/small]
highlight all text and press ctrl + shift + down arrow keys
Shadowfall_Studios
Scratcher
8 posts

I really want to know how to change an EXE to an SB3, in other words, the other way around. Is that possible?
Jonathan50
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Shadowfall_Studios wrote:

I really want to know how to change an EXE to an SB3, in other words, the other way around. Is that possible?
Because Scratch is Turing-equivalent it could theoretically simulate any real computer, so it is possible, but in the general case very difficult; see here. However, if you just mean to take an executable made from a Scratch project, as described here, and retrieve the project, that would probably be much simpler.

Not yet a Knight of the Mu Calculus.
JKhohe
New to Scratch
1 post

it kinda worked but moving sprits doesn't work for me i don't know why?
help me please
coolgamerkid9
Scratcher
53 posts

SpeedDesign wrote:

Open nw.exe, and if you did everything correctly, you will have your scratch project, in an executable. The folder must look like that now:

I added the project HTML file and added the package.json file and the manifest.json file but it just gets stuck when it finishes loading.

when green flag clicked
forever
say [Eat]
say [Sleep]
say [Code]
say [Repeat]
end

Last edited by coolgamerkid9 (March 14, 2020 20:39:58)

.____________________.Planning to change the coolgamerkid9 ad above ^^^^^^
ninety-nine little bugs in the code, ninety-nine little bugs…
Take one down, patch it around, one-hundered-and-seventeen little bugs in the code…
SirFlimFlam
Scratcher
90 posts

The tutorial is kind of confusing, but we've needed one of these for a while anyways lol

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
             “There's no time like the present.” ~ @SirFlimFlam
ฏ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎ฏ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎ฏ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎ฏ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎                                                      .̷̨̡̡̢̢̡̡̢̡̜̦̤̗̟̫͖͙͚̗̤͇̹̟̦͕͓̱̤̻̠̯͇̯͓̩͈͕̣̙̙͕̻̣̟̲̘͕͇̙͇̘
Nobody_to_No-one
Scratcher
21 posts

where do you find the executable
AirWay1
Scratcher
100+ posts

Thank you, it was very useful! : D
Messaged
Scratcher
4 posts

sorry to tell you this but you did not make up that quote.
Nobody_to_No-one
Scratcher
21 posts

what if it cannot load extension icon icon.png
scolder19
Scratcher
7 posts

AirWay1 wrote:

scolder19 wrote:

forever
forever
forever
forever
forever
forever
forever
forever
forever
forever

end
end
end
end
end
end
end
end
end
end

Forever block inside another forever block inside another another forever block and… please don't blockspam.

.-.
DaSpewie
Scratcher
3 posts

SpeedDesign wrote:

sb3 to exe tutorial

• At First you'll need to publish project on Scratch website, then go on https://sheeptester.github.io/words-go-here/scratch3-htmlifier/ and convert is project to an HTML file. When the action will be finisheh the html will be download automatically named project.HTML. Then keep this file somewhere on your computer.
  • After this, go on nwjs.io and download the normal version, actually v0.36.2.
  • When it is downloaded, extract the zip file on your computer.
  • Then create a file called package.json and place it in the extracted folder.
  • Open this file with notepad (or any text editor) and paste this:

{
“name”: “Your app or game name”,
“main”: “project.html”,
“icons”: { “16”: “icon.png”}
}
If it doesnt't work, Try this link: Link

• In the package.json file, change the name
  • In the extracted folder, add your app icon and name it icon.png
  • This you don’t have an icon for your project, if not delete the icon line of the package.json, and the last comma after project.html”.
  • Copy the project.html file downloaded from the sb3 htmlifier, and paste this file in the folder where you created package.json.
  • Open nw.exe, and if you did everything correctly, you will have your scratch project, in an executable. The folder must look like that now:

But you still have many files, and the executable don’t have an icon and name, and you didn’t define if the users must be an administrator to run the project, if there can be only one instance, etc. Well, you can change all this and join all in one file with an app called makesfx.

To use it, go on http://74.cz/en/make-sfx/index.php go to the bottom of the page and download makesfx.exe. It will NOT require any installation. Then open it, you will have a window like that:

You can fill up everything, and then click on Make SFX. Then it will build an executable. Here is all what you well need explained:
In source folder and target file:
- Source folder (It may contains subfolders) : The folder that contains nw.exe, package.json and all the others files
- Target SFX file (EXE file) : Where the executable file will be created
- Target SFX file icon : The icon of your app.
In extraction folder:
- I recommend you to put temporary folder
In extraction mode:
- Put Extract files into specified folder and launch executable file
- Executable file that will run after extraction: Go in the nw.exe and package.json folder and select nw.exe
- Put nothing in command line parameters
- Working directory: Put Extraction folder, where executable file is located.
- How to delete extracted files: Put Delete extracted files immediately when SFX has finished executing or if you temporary folder in extraction folder, you can check do not delete extracted files (you can choose, but when I do it I put Delete extracted files immediately when SFX has finished executing.)
In Advanced options:
- One instance checking: Choose what you want
- Silent extraction mode: As you want but I recommend unchecked
- Self-destructing mode: Unchecked
- UAC auto-elevation: Choose as you want (if you are not admin, I recommend run SFX with the Highest available permission)
- Overwrite mode during extraction: If you put temporary folder in extraction folder, use automatically skip extracting of all existing files. If not for security I recommend to use Prompt user.
After, enjoy!

Scratchnapped by Griffpatch in a executable

troubleshooting
Failed to load extension :
Manifest is not valid JSON. Line: 2, column; 3,
Dictionary keys must be quoted
Try to replace the manifest.json file with the content of this link : Link

Blocked on the nw.js loading screen
1. Make sure you have a project.html file in the nw.js folder
2. Make sure you have a manifest.json file in the nw.js folder
3. Try to convert your project to an html file here : https://sheeptester.github.io/words-go-here/scratch3-htmlifier/
You have maybe converted another project.
4. Try to do everything again

Okay, but where does the single EXE file go that is the output?