Convert sb3 to exe (tutorial)

does not work
Locness
Scratcher
100+ posts

IndigoCoke390 wrote:

does not work

Can you be more precise ? We can't help you with “does not work”.

I don't do stuff on Scratch anymore, sorry
macintosh22
New to Scratch
1 post

help it says
not valid json
oneepicdude82
Scratcher
1 post

Jonathan50 wrote:

GoldM-2 wrote:

I get a message saying
Failed to load extension from:
C:\Users\goldm\AppData\Local\Temp\~sfx001D5868B\nwjs-v0.37.2-win-x64.
Manifest is not valid JSON. Line: 2, column; 3,
Dictionary keys must be quoted.
Everything in package.json that's supposed to be quoted is in quotes, so I'm not sure what the issue is. I'll try it with a different project and see what happens.
Did you copy and paste from the original post? The forums convert ordinary double quotation marks to left and right ones (unless you use [code]) so you'll need to fix that.
When I do that, it just says the same thing but instead of the dictionary keys, it says syntax error
LuckyLucky7
Scratcher
1000+ posts

macintosh22 wrote:

help it says
not valid json
When you opened the exe file for a Scratch project after making a SFX, it said “not valid JSON”? Which project are you trying to convert into an EXE? When I followed this tutorial, I didn't get any errors.

Last edited by LuckyLucky7 (July 21, 2019 20:51:31)

I have about 3450 posts, 90 shared projects, 180 total created/followed topics, and 425 followers.

LuckyLucky7
Scratcher
1000+ posts

oneepicdude82 wrote:

Jonathan50 wrote:

GoldM-2 wrote:

I get a message saying
Everything in package.json that's supposed to be quoted is in quotes, so I'm not sure what the issue is. I'll try it with a different project and see what happens.
Did you copy and paste from the original post? The forums convert ordinary double quotation marks to left and right ones (unless you use [code]) so you'll need to fix that.
When I do that, it just says the same thing but instead of the dictionary keys, it says syntax error
What project are you guys using to make into an EXE file?

I have about 3450 posts, 90 shared projects, 180 total created/followed topics, and 425 followers.

cats-cats-123
Scratcher
59 posts

Why is it “not found”?

高速设计 wrote:

Here is a tutorial to convert sb3 to exe:
At First you'll need to publish project on Scratch website, then go on https://sheeptester.github.io/words-go-here/scratch3-htmlifier/ and convert is project to an HTML file. When the action will be finisheh the html will be download automatically named project.HTML. Then keep this file somewhere on your computer.
After this, go on nwjs.io and download the normal version, actually v0.36.2. When it is downloaded, extract the zip file on your computer.
Then create a file called package.json and place it in the extracted folder.
Open this file with notepad (or any text editor) and paste this:
{
“name”: “Your app or game name”,
“main”: “project.html”,
“icons”: { “16”: “icon.png”}
}
Change the app name and add an icon.png in the folder, and then take the project.html file, downloaded from the sb3 htmlifier, and move this file to the same folder than package.json and nw.exe. You need to have an png icon, if not delete the icon line of the package.json, and the last comma after project.html”. Then, open nw.exe, and if you did everything correctly, you will have your scratch project, in an executable. The folder must look like that now:

But you still have many files, and the executable don’t have an icon and name, and you didn’t define if the users must be an administrator to run the project, if there can be only one instance, etc. Well, you can change all this and join all in one file with an app called makesfx. To use it, go on http://74.cz/en/make-sfx/index.php, go to the bottom of the page and download makesfx.exe. It will NOT require any installation. Then open it, you will have a window like that:

You can fill up everything, and then click on Make SFX. Then it will build an executable. Here is all what you well need explained:
In source folder and target file:
- Source folder (It may contains subfolders) : The folder that contains nw.exe, package.json and all the others files
- Target SFX file (EXE file) : Where the executable file will be created
- Target SFX file icon : The icon of your app.
In extraction folder:
- I recommend you to put temporary folder
In extraction mode:
- Put Extract files into specified folder and launch executable file
- Executable file that will run after extraction: Go in the nw.exe and package.json folder and select nw.exe
- Put nothing in command line parameters
- Working directory: Put Extraction folder, where executable file is located.
- How to delete extracted files: Put Delete extracted files immediately when SFX has finished executing or if you temporary folder in extraction folder, you can check do not delete extracted files (you can choose, but when I do it I put Delete extracted files immediately when SFX has finished executing.)
In Advanced options:
- One instance checking: Choose what you want
- Silent extraction mode: As you want but I recommend unchecked
- Self-destructing mode: Unchecked
- UAC auto-elevation: Choose as you want (if you are not admin, I recommend run SFX with the Highest available permission)
- Overwrite mode during extraction: If you put temporary folder in extraction folder, use automatically skip extracting of all existing files. If not for security I recommend to use Prompt user.
After, enjoy!

Scratchnapped by Griffpatch in a executable
Why is it “not found”?

when green flag clicked
come and follow (me :: looks stack) :: grey
cats-cats-123
Scratcher
59 posts

this one is not found。

when green flag clicked
come and follow (me :: looks stack) :: grey
Sheep_maker
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cats-cats-123 wrote:

this one is not found。
A comma got included in the URL; just remove it from the end: http://74.cz/en/make-sfx/index.php

- Sheep_maker This is a kumquat-free signature. :P
This is my signature. It appears below all my posts. Discuss it on my profile, not the forums. Here's how to make your own.
.postsignature { overflow: auto; } .scratchblocks { overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: hidden; }
Jonathan50
Scratcher
1000+ posts

oneepicdude82 wrote:

That is probably caused by a tiny mistake, like removing a comma, colon, or brace. If you can't spot it try posting it here (between "[code]“ and ”[/code]".)

Edit: This could also answer macintosh22.

Last edited by Jonathan50 (July 24, 2019 07:07:19)

Not yet a Knight of the Mu Calculus.
MikeDEV
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Like this tutorial. It really works well.

Disabling compatibility mode makes projects that use a lot of heavy scripting run like wildfire.

May I provide to this discussion a prebuilt file with a working json file, and all the extra dependencies this tutorial uses?
All that a user would need to do is place the project.html file into the prebuilt file to get things working.

I have left Scratch! Goodbye everyone, I'll remember you all in therapy.
If you want to ever get in contact with me again, please visit my Github instead.
Also, if you need to, you can contact me via Meower. You'll know where to look.
guiguipripri
Scratcher
3 posts

and in dmg?
set [ sb3] to [dmg]

when green flag clicked
say [guiguipripri] for (2) secs
--Explosion--
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SimpleScratch wrote:

Then, open nw.exe, and if you did everything correctly, you will have your scratch project, in an executable.
Didn't work for me - just got a program that looks like this
lol I like “jient woman” Who even posted that program?

Last edited by kaj (Tomorrow 00:00:00)
✰✩✭✴★--Explosion--★✴✭✩✰
Forum helper | boy | platformers | 14yrs | guitar | website

jynpii
Scratcher
1 post

what am i doing wrong… it just shows a black screen
Applepearbanana878
Scratcher
12 posts

What file do you create? You name it “package.json” , but what file is it saved as originally?
DancingLine
Scratcher
49 posts

jynpii wrote:

what am i doing wrong… it just shows a black screen
You need to wait to play your game/program

Check out some of my Scratch projects on my profile.
Also, check out my website as well.

Stay safe, stay healthy, and as always, be happy.
DancingLine
Scratcher
49 posts

Applepearbanana878 wrote:

What file do you create? You name it “package.json” , but what file is it saved as originally?
First, make a .txt file. Then, change the whole name into “package.json”.

Then, copy this into the .json file:

{
“name”: “Your app or game name”,
“main”: “project.html”,
“icons”: { “16”: “icon.png”}
}

Save the file, then open up “nw.exe”, and you're done!
You can change the name, and the icon (optional, but recommended)!

DancingLine
Scratcher
49 posts

guiguipripri wrote:

and in dmg?
set [ sb3] to [dmg]
Sadly, this tutorial won't work for MacOS users. However, you can use a program called “WineBottler” to open up the program in MacOS! Since I'm not a MacOS user, I can't guarantee if it's working.

Locness
Scratcher
100+ posts

LuckyLucky7 wrote:

oneepicdude82 wrote:

Jonathan50 wrote:

GoldM-2 wrote:

I get a message saying

Try removing and readding the quotes in package.json. The quotes here on this forum are different than what's expected in package.json

Locness
Scratcher
100+ posts

DancingLine wrote:

guiguipripri wrote:

and in dmg?
set [ sb3] to [dmg]
Sadly, this tutorial won't work for MacOS users. However, you can use a program called “WineBottler” to open up the program in MacOS! Since I'm not a MacOS user, I can't guarantee if it's working.

You could also use Electron to make the app, but that would require the command line.