Discuss Scratch

Dragonlord767
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Shops, Points, and Pretend Currency Systems

So, (just to clarify) is a “token” system where members of a shop collect tokens that can be exchanged for rewards allowed?

no signature plz
sti_scratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Dragonlord767 wrote:

So, (just to clarify) is a “token” system where members of a shop collect tokens that can be exchanged for rewards allowed?
This thread is saying that all content on Scratch must be remixable, no matter whether it is part of an unofficial currency system. If the reward is art, other people who did not give you tokens for the art can still use art meant to be for another, though you may prohibit them from ordering art.

Last edited by sti_scratch (Feb. 17, 2019 20:50:07)

sti_scratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

katixirro wrote:

sti_scratch wrote:

Children not having other choices is not true - most Minecraft servers have an official economy, I would recommend Cubeville - but them having limited choices is true, because of the prioritization of money (and that supports the ST's (and my) point on the license and the currencies).
I play Minecraft and Slither.io, but I want to join an artist community and talk to other artists and draw stuff. Sure, I can do pixel art on Minecraft, but it’s just not the same… I only have a few months until I turn 13 so I can leave then. A lot of artists on here have the same problem. It’s not the fact that I want to sell stuff, it’s the fact that other people are allowed to use my work. My only exception to that rule is a remix, but if it’s for their own project I’m against it unless they ask me first.
The remixing of work with credit (even for one's project) is a very helpful part of the idea build-up process which Scratch so very favors. They are not allowed to use your work without making any changes, even with credit as it does not help with the idea build-up process. If you do not agree with this system, you may find or create another platform that suits your needs.

I hope this clarifies things,
James

Last edited by sti_scratch (Feb. 17, 2019 20:56:21)

furrypig
Scratcher
100+ posts

drmike51 wrote:

Okay, how many points do I have? This is the first time i found something like this
This topic is not saying that there is an official scratch currency that everyone is signed up for which people can trade with, this topic is just stating the rules around individual or groups of scratchers creating their own fake currency systems for other scratchers to sign up for and use. If you haven't signed up for any of these currency systems, then you don't have any points in any of them until you do so. There isn't any specific currency thing that you automatically are signed up for and have points in.
XayCraft360
Scratcher
100+ posts

I have a question: are studios like this (my point system) allowed, if not, tell me what i should remove/add

<Insert copy of NilsTheBest's OLD uncreative copy of adsuri's uncreative copy of Wahsp's uncreative copy of -ShadowOfTheFuture's- uncreative signature here>

I AM NO LONGER ON SCRATCH
drmike51
Scratcher
84 posts

rabbitsnowflake wrote:

drmike51 wrote:

-TapiocaPearl- wrote:

drmike51 wrote:

Okay, how many points do I have? This is the first time i found something like this
what is your banking number?
I don't know?
So, you have to like fill out a form to join, so if your not part of any, you don’t have points!
How?

when green flag clicked
forever
change [AMAZING ANIMATIONS v] by (1)
play sound [VICTORY! v] until done
end
felinemeower
Scratcher
11 posts

drmike51 wrote:

rabbitsnowflake wrote:

drmike51 wrote:

-TapiocaPearl- wrote:

drmike51 wrote:

what is your banking number?
I don't know?
So, you have to like fill out a form to join, so if your not part of any, you don’t have points!
How?

1. Go to a Scratcher-made mall-sim (PoP, etc.)
2. Fill out the mall-sim's form to join

~felinemeower
PurpleRabbit07
Scratcher
100+ posts

Can you make exclusive products?

-cooleddie002-
Scratcher
1 post

ICantForgive wrote:

hi
Hi
sti_scratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PurpleRabbit07 wrote:

Examples?
LaffytaffyWolf
Scratcher
52 posts

Thanks for clarifying

Well welcome to my signature! I'm not sure what else to put here so you should probably just leave…
Your still here….. Seriously though leave. I don't get it, why are you still reading
Stop it! Ok fine you win, now leave.
Comm'on you can't blame me for trying
Well since your here could you do me a favor?
Oh very funny now you leave
Great your back… What was I saying? Errmmm…Ummmmmm….Uuuhh….mmmmm… Yeah I can't remember…
Distraction! https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/youtube/dQw4w9WgXcQ/ Heck, I thought that would work! If I give you a cookie will you leave? Yes? Ok great here https://www.google.com/searchsurl=1&q=cookie&rlz=1CACLSF_enUS869&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwih0onMp5LlAhUYFjQIHTT7C28Q_AUIEigB&biw=1366&bih=665&safe=active&ssui=on#imgrc=Jyd5aCTCtZjOFM:
Merry Christmas!
PurpleRabbit07
Scratcher
100+ posts

sti_scratch wrote:

PurpleRabbit07 wrote:

Examples?
“Get new banner styles with 00 points” “unlock the banner request form with 00 points ”

OTSFan203
Scratcher
500+ posts

katixirro wrote:

I don’t think this is fair. People are allowed to tell other people what to do with their work, to a certain extent of course, but still… We should be allowed to decide whether other people can use our work, it is ours after all, not Scratch’s.

There should be a rule that you have to ask another Scratcher to use their work, even if you give credit, unless it is a remix.

EDIT: I am not saying this against remixes, just that it seems unfair that “you can sell stuff as long as it’s not real money, but anyone can use it even without paying as long as they credit you”. That’s basically saying, “This shop can sell stuff, but people are allowed to steal from it as long as they say it was from that shop”. Do you get me?
I agree that it's unfair that anyone can do anything with your work, and that Scratch acts as if they own it, but that suggestion has unfortunately been rejected already.

As for the edit, you can set guidelines in your shop. For example:

If you decide to use something you got from our shop, then you MUST give credit to us.

If you worked incredibly hard on something and don't want to have to deal with theft and stuff, just put a watermark on it.

WHATS UR RESUME

MINE IS THE GRINCH
liamdadude
Scratcher
500+ posts

What if you didn't share the project until you received payment?

Hi! Im liamdadude! check out my website
EncloCreations
Scratcher
500+ posts

liamdadude wrote:

A lot of people did this with mattcoin, i think its a pretty neat loophole.
liamdadude
Scratcher
500+ posts

EncloCreations wrote:

liamdadude wrote:

A lot of people did this with mattcoin, i think its a pretty neat loophole.
Yeah it would definitely work

Hi! Im liamdadude! check out my website
sti_scratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

OTSFan203 wrote:

katixirro wrote:

I don’t think this is fair. People are allowed to tell other people what to do with their work, to a certain extent of course, but still… We should be allowed to decide whether other people can use our work, it is ours after all, not Scratch’s.

There should be a rule that you have to ask another Scratcher to use their work, even if you give credit, unless it is a remix.

EDIT: I am not saying this against remixes, just that it seems unfair that “you can sell stuff as long as it’s not real money, but anyone can use it even without paying as long as they credit you”. That’s basically saying, “This shop can sell stuff, but people are allowed to steal from it as long as they say it was from that shop”. Do you get me?
I agree that it's unfair that anyone can do anything with your work, and that Scratch acts as if they own it, but that suggestion has unfortunately been rejected already.

As for the edit, you can set guidelines in your shop. For example:

If you decide to use something you got from our shop, then you MUST give credit to us.

If you worked incredibly hard on something and don't want to have to deal with theft and stuff, just put a watermark on it.
It's not unfair, it's just that Scratch values imagination more than monetization/trademarks/you know. People improve your work, post it, then the chain continues, then it becomes a full-on masterpiece. Scratch prefers that over “post then done.”
sti_scratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PurpleRabbit07 wrote:

sti_scratch wrote:

PurpleRabbit07 wrote:

Examples?
“Get new banner styles with 00 points” “unlock the banner request form with 00 points ”
Well, probably.

P.S. your signature's cut off.
sniev12
Scratcher
12 posts

what should it be I don't I never do such a thing

thank you

sniev12
say [hi sorry do people go on projects and destroy them] for (12) secs
PurpleRabbit07
Scratcher
100+ posts

sti_scratch wrote:

PurpleRabbit07 wrote:

sti_scratch wrote:

PurpleRabbit07 wrote:

Examples?
Well, probably.

P.S. your signature's cut off.
Thanks for the exclusive products opinion
Yeah, I know but you can just about read the bottom line and I needed to notify people about puns? I'll change it.

Last edited by PurpleRabbit07 (Feb. 21, 2019 08:00:17)