Discuss Scratch

Whitepiine
Scratcher
2 posts

Shops and buying/selling things for points

Why can't we try to sell stuff for real currency? What if someone remixes but changes nothing at all?
karategirl543
Scratcher
13 posts

Shops and buying/selling things for points

felinemeower wrote:

I use points sometimes, but just to have a fun thing to do on Scratch. Is it a bad thing? Should I stop?




It's not bad. Mall simulators are allowed on Scratch, as long as rules made by the sellers meet the Community Guidelines and it does not become a crypto-currency involving an account on a site outside of Scratch (like MTC)

Last edited by karategirl543 (March 8, 2019 22:51:11)

Riddle_Man
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Shops and buying/selling things for points

Whitepiine wrote:

Why can't we try to sell stuff for real currency? What if someone remixes but changes nothing at all?
Remixing something and changing nothing isn't allowed in Scratch I think.

Selling stuff for real currency is just too idk not Scratch. Scratch is under CC license, so that means you can use whatever's in a different project as long as you give credit.


by @athenenocturna
sti_scratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Shops and buying/selling things for points

Riddle_Man wrote:

Whitepiine wrote:

Why can't we try to sell stuff for real currency? What if someone remixes but changes nothing at all?
Remixing something and changing nothing isn't allowed in Scratch I think.

Selling stuff for real currency is just too idk not Scratch. Scratch is under CC license, so that means you can use whatever's in a different project as long as you give credit.
A Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license (CC BY-SA) prohibits selling for real money (this is for real, it's illegal to sell CC BY-SA licensed work).
jbrow78
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Shops and buying/selling things for points

sti_scratch wrote:

A Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license (CC BY-SA) prohibits selling for real money (this is for real, it's illegal to sell CC BY-SA licensed work).
Here is the human-readable version(easy to understand)



ahmetlii
Scratcher
500+ posts

Shops and buying/selling things for points

And this generally rejected by Scratch Team and the Community.
Yes,you can “maybe” use them in studios,forums etc. but you can't use in Scratch projects.

Note:This is the complete list of rejected questions.
Note 2:I think this is a good example about the credits etc.

Last edited by ahmetlii (March 11, 2019 20:45:44)


Türkçe Scratch Viki'ye katılın!
Türk Scratch'çiler için Türk Scratch'çiler yapıyor.



sti_scratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Shops and buying/selling things for points

jbrow78 wrote:

sti_scratch wrote:

A Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license (CC BY-SA) prohibits selling for real money (this is for real, it's illegal to sell CC BY-SA licensed work).
Here is the human-readable version(easy to understand)
No, HERE is the human-readable version. Scratch still uses 2.0.
jbrow78
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Shops and buying/selling things for points

sti_scratch wrote:

jbrow78 wrote:

sti_scratch wrote:

A Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license (CC BY-SA) prohibits selling for real money (this is for real, it's illegal to sell CC BY-SA licensed work).
Here is the human-readable version(easy to understand)
No, HERE is the human-readable version. Scratch still uses 2.0.
scratch needs to get on their level.



PeterGriffinReal
Scratcher
13 posts

Shops and buying/selling things for points

alright cool

Peter Griffin, meme character of Family Guy.

I am a part of the Chair of Republic.

Follow me so I can feed lois and the kids!
IncredibleStudent
Scratcher
7 posts

Shops and buying/selling things for points

Hello! I didn't know about this.
Could somebody explain it to me?
How does it work?
jbrow78
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Shops and buying/selling things for points

IncredibleStudent wrote:

Hello! I didn't know about this.
Could somebody explain it to me?
How does it work?
no, this is a discussion on stopping buying/selling things



Epic_TV
Scratcher
100+ posts

Shops and buying/selling things for points

I agree. It has been a little out of hand lately.

Nerd, Computer Geek, Wikian, Frequent Forumer
meliu7
Scratcher
2 posts

Shops and buying/selling things for points

scratchking101101101
Scratcher
17 posts

Shops and buying/selling things for points

@scratchking101101101

Last edited by scratchking101101101 (March 20, 2019 16:42:35)

scratchking101101101
Scratcher
17 posts

Shops and buying/selling things for points

What are the points for anyways?
nathanpig
Scratcher
61 posts

Shops and buying/selling things for points

I don't know how to describe what I think about these… “cute” is a word that comes to mind.

Unless it gets to a bad point, attacking people for using stuff you put on a public website isn't ok. Especially against people who are outside of whatever little “currency community” you are a part of… They likely didn't even know about that “currency,” and even then their actions shouldn't be governed by something they aren't a part of. That would be like if country A tried to arrest a citizen of country B who isn't even in country A, or ever has been, just because they broke a law of country A that isn't in country B.

“Don't you know? Roy hates the flavor cherry!!!” -Professor Oblivion in Perfect Kirby 3.3
bgvikings08
Scratcher
100+ posts

Shops and buying/selling things for points

Hi

danex33
Scratcher
42 posts

Shops and buying/selling things for points

How can I sign up for this???
jbrow78
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Shops and buying/selling things for points

danex33 wrote:

How can I sign up for this???
This is not a currency!!! It is a post that is telling people to stop selling stuff!



leungy13
Scratcher
100+ posts

Shops and buying/selling things for points

when
submit
key
pressed
say
active
say
talk about anything
say
and helps with any problems

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile