Discuss Scratch

Awesomator8859
Scratcher
41 posts

A Local Clear Block for pen intensive projects!

I really want this to be real. Extremely useful.. Support!

╔══╗░░░░╔╦╗░░╔═════╗
║╚═╬════╬╣╠═╗║░▀░▀░║
╠═╗║╔╗╔╗║║║╩╣║╚═══╝║
╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩╩╩═╝╚═════╝
—-Hope for Peace one day—-
DrKat123
Scratcher
1000+ posts

stickfiregames wrote:

Semi-support, it might be useful but it would require Scratch to track every sprite's pen layer separately, which might slow it down.
this and, i don't see it too much useful (someone out there might think it useful). and besides, i don't make projects with pen blocks anymore

Moving from Scratch? Don't learn C or Java, try Snap!
it haz OOP
DrKat McKatFace
First of all I'm 100% human and humans does not have a cat face
and second, the Boaty McBoatFace/Parsey McParseFace madness has just begun

λ
Sharp, my new Scratch mod
Is my post/siggy worthy for an internet?
DrKat123
Scratcher
1000+ posts

i think this is a duplicate, linky linky !

Last edited by DrKat123 (Sept. 25, 2015 10:56:23)

Moving from Scratch? Don't learn C or Java, try Snap!
it haz OOP
DrKat McKatFace
First of all I'm 100% human and humans does not have a cat face
and second, the Boaty McBoatFace/Parsey McParseFace madness has just begun

λ
Sharp, my new Scratch mod
Is my post/siggy worthy for an internet?
Harakou
Scratcher
1000+ posts

DrKat123 wrote:

i think this is a duplicate, linky linky !
This thread actually predates that one. I've merged them.
stickfiregames
Scratcher
1000+ posts

stickfiregames wrote:

Semi-support, it might be useful but it would require Scratch to track every sprite's pen layer separately, which might slow it down.
It could get around this by only storing each layer separately if a sprite-specific clear block was in the project, like how it currently uses the Stage3D player only if there is an effect block in the project. Otherwise, it would just store one pen layer like it does now.

Changing to support if it works like this No support.

Last edited by stickfiregames (June 22, 2017 20:28:22)

If you can read this, my signature cubeupload has been eaten by an evil kumquat!

or you just used Inspect Element, you hacker

;
Greatguy123
Scratcher
500+ posts

Did you just steal my suggestion? Well, support, I guess…

EDIT: Never mind. I see you merged them.

Last edited by Greatguy123 (Sept. 25, 2015 14:37:50)

The evil if block is hungry! >:-D
laterbot
Scratcher
49 posts

We 100% need this!!!!!!!!! MAKE IT! anyone know any hacks to make this without a special block though? OR is there any way to make pen without using the pen or stamp blocks… I have been trying to use something with cloning but it doesn't work at all.
PaddlerGames
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Support! I'm working on a multiplayer game and I need both people to move with clearing individually!
Is this necroposting?

Generation -1: The first time you see this, copy and paste it on top of your signature in the Scratch forums, and decrease the generation by 1. Social experiment.

Welcome to my siggy

I'm close to 1,000 posts…
(the post reader below my icon is wrong, I don't have 1000+ posts yet, that's just a glitch)
alexphan
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PaddlerGames wrote:

Support! I'm working on a multiplayer game and I need both people to move with clearing individually!
Is this necroposting?
No, because you added to the discussion

75% support, as per others, it MAY cause lag.
PaddlerGames
Scratcher
1000+ posts

alexphan wrote:

No, because you added to the discussion

75% support, as per others, it MAY cause lag.
Got it!

Generation -1: The first time you see this, copy and paste it on top of your signature in the Scratch forums, and decrease the generation by 1. Social experiment.

Welcome to my siggy

I'm close to 1,000 posts…
(the post reader below my icon is wrong, I don't have 1000+ posts yet, that's just a glitch)
poisonharry
Scratcher
16 posts

Support! Really need this.

define (Awesome!)
say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]
alexphan
Scratcher
1000+ posts

poisonharry wrote:

define (Awesome!)
say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]say [Awesome!]
Please don't blockspam.

Semi-support, although this would be useful, it would be hard to implement.
Lythium
Scratcher
1000+ posts

alexphan wrote:

poisonharry wrote:

define (Awesome!)
Please don't blockspam.

I think that's meant to be his Sig. .
Also, you posted 75 percent support already.

MathlyCat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Lythium wrote:

alexphan wrote:

poisonharry wrote:

define (Awesome!)
Please don't blockspam.

I think that's meant to be his Sig. .
Also, you posted 75 percent support already.
Let him input something on-topic
As for me, I've realized I posted on this very badly.
</offtopic>

I still semi-support. As stated by Zro, not an easy implementation

Think before you act.
Actions speek louder than words.

hi there fella
joefarebrother
Scratcher
500+ posts

What about creating pen layers dynamically? So you would have stuff like:

switch to layer (new v) :: pen // you could type in a number, or if you select new then it will make a new layer
clear layer (all v) :: pen // you can type in a number for a layer to clear, or all would work like the normal clear block
delete layer () :: pen // shifts other layers up by 1, like deleting from a list
(number of layers :: pen) // so you can keep track of which layer needs clearing

That way projects that don't need layers will not be slowed down as it won't need to keep track of extra layers, but you can make layers to be able to clear them separately if needed. And there could be a limit to the number of layers you can make if it does end up slowing projects down.

And it was delicious! Play TBGs! Check out my Scheme Interpreter!
;
stickfiregames
Scratcher
1000+ posts

joefarebrother wrote:

switch to layer (new v) :: pen // you could type in a number, or if you select new then it will make a new layer
clear layer (all v) :: pen // you can type in a number for a layer to clear, or all would work like the normal clear block
delete layer () :: pen // shifts other layers up by 1, like deleting from a list
(number of layers :: pen) // so you can keep track of which layer needs clearing

That way projects that don't need layers will not be slowed down as it won't need to keep track of extra layers, but you can make layers to be able to clear them separately if needed. And there could be a limit to the number of layers you can make if it does end up slowing projects down.

Support for this.

No support

Last edited by stickfiregames (June 22, 2017 20:27:45)

If you can read this, my signature cubeupload has been eaten by an evil kumquat!

or you just used Inspect Element, you hacker

;
Greatguy123
Scratcher
500+ posts

joefarebrother wrote:

Support, that would be really cool, and much smarter than my suggestion. Only thing is it might be kinda complicated for new Scratchers. You should maybe make a new topic for it.

The evil if block is hungry! >:-D
Abstract-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

joefarebrother wrote:

Support for all exept the third. It is the same as above but less.

Last edited by Abstract- (June 21, 2016 21:41:52)

helloandgoodbye9
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Abstract- wrote:

joefarebrother wrote:

Support for all exept the third. It is the same as above but less.
Support for this, maybe also add
current layer ::pen reporter

Last edited by kaj (Tomorrow 25:61:61) ͪͪͪͪͪͪͪͪͪͪ ͣͣͣͣ ͯͯͯͯYes, its above the line)
Solmux
Scratcher
100+ posts

All, support.

Except for the 2nd, just put the first block into the other sprite.

v i s i t m y p r o f i l e o r e l s e y o u w i l l b e b a n i s h e d f r o m t h e l a n d o f e x i s t e n c e . f o l l o w t o o .

this is very sad. can we hit 50 likes pls?