Discuss Scratch

Hex4Nova
Scratcher
1000+ posts

【▼ DELTARUNE】(old topic, ew yuck, is that moss?)

_nix wrote:

Nintendo published an interview with Toby regarding Deltarune – check it out: https://nintendoeverything.com/deltarune-creator-on-the-games-origins-progress-update-and-more/
Thanks! I've added it to the top post.

* BIGになりたい そこのアnタ!
250th post | 500th post | 750th post | 1000th post
hexakon.net
Okamihowl122
Scratcher
500+ posts

So… I've been playing Deltarune and have a bit of a question: Why, despite sparing everything in my path, am I not earning ANY experience points? I'm getting plenty of cash, but at this rate, I'm going to get my rear end kicked to the moon and back for not leveling up at the expected rate whatsoever. Am I doing something wrong, and will the enemies scale to my level so I don't get annihilated?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Forgot to mention that I'm fine with spoilers.

Last edited by Okamihowl122 (Feb. 18, 2019 14:30:45)

Follow scratching-pokemon and giretres!
Hey, you awesome people, shop at The Mon Shop. It's where I go when I need ideas, so why don't y'all check it out?
The Fur Nations- An RP (Join here!)
ls rember that wen u feel scare or frigten
never forget ttimes wen u feeled happy

wen day is dark alway rember happy day
GraduateScratchy
Scratcher
500+ posts

Okamihowl122 wrote:

So… I've been playing Deltarune and have a bit of a question: Why, despite sparing everything in my path, am I not earning ANY experience points? I'm getting plenty of cash, but at this rate, I'm going to get my rear end kicked to the moon and back for not leveling up at the expected rate whatsoever. Am I doing something wrong, and will the enemies scale to my level so I don't get annihilated?

Thanks in advance!

It's all because in this game, unlike Undertale, your choices don't matter.

hmmmst I need a good quote
-Since 11th Feb 2019 types in Ranger Red (ab3547)-
°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°
Cis ♀//♐Sagittarius//Agnostic-Deist-Radiantist//ENFP//Sanguine-Phlegmatic
°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°
Fandom List:
ᴜɴᴅᴇʀᴛᴀʟᴇ/ᴅᴇʟᴛᴀʀᴜɴᴇʜᴏʟʟᴏᴡ ᴋɴɪɢʜᴛ⌇ɪʀʟsʙᴇɴ 10⌇sᴘʟᴀᴛᴏᴏɴʏᴏ-ᴋᴀɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜᴋᴀɢᴇᴘʀᴏɢʜᴜɴɢᴇʀ ɢᴀᴍᴇsᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋ ᴄʀʏsᴛᴀʟ
braxbroscratcher
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Okamihowl122 wrote:

Thanks in advance!

there's no leveling at all. It's just a throwback I think. The enemies will indeed get harder, but your items will get slightly better and if you manage the turn based combat well and learn the attacks you can get through everything but Jevil. Jevil's the guy that will introduce you to the game over screen, no-one else. You'll get plenty of items to use throughout the game. Also, the Manual can be used to make most things tired.

My signature is kumquat proof.
But not tangerine pro-
nomnomnomnomnom

Current Project:
n/a
Quotes: “In our last hour, we burn the most brightly, trying to deny that we are burning out.” -Me
“Well, no. 1024 Killerbytes make a Murderbyte.” -MegaByteCorporations
“I hate out of context quotes.” -Me
“I hate it when Cubeupload breaks.” -Also me
Okamihowl122
Scratcher
500+ posts

braxbroscratcher wrote:

there's no leveling at all. It's just a throwback I think. The enemies will indeed get harder, but your items will get slightly better and if you manage the turn based combat well and learn the attacks you can get through everything but Jevil. Jevil's the guy that will introduce you to the game over screen, no-one else. You'll get plenty of items to use throughout the game. Also, the Manual can be used to make most things tired.

GraduateScratchy wrote:

It's all because in this game, unlike Undertale, your choices don't matter.

Thanks, guys!

Hey, you awesome people, shop at The Mon Shop. It's where I go when I need ideas, so why don't y'all check it out?

birdoftheday
Scratcher
500+ posts

I never fought Jevil…did I do something wrong or was I just not thorough enough?

Am I the only person who likes 3.0 better than 2.0, or do the people who do just not talk about it?
sowut123
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Deltarune is coming out on Switch, and I have it pre loaded.

Over the years, I've outgrown this website, so this is a mostly inactive account. I might come back from time to time to mess around, but don't count on it. Bye.
_nix
Scratcher
1000+ posts

birdoftheday wrote:

I never fought Jevil…did I do something wrong or was I just not thorough enough?
You didn't do anything wrong, exactly. It's just that Jevil is intended to be a “secret” boss. You'll need to look around for Keys™; once you find one, talk to Seam; they have a thing or two to say on the matter. (I can't remember where any of the keys are, sorry. The order you find them doesn't matter. Just look around and see if there are any puzzles you didn't finish. )

Last edited by _nix (Feb. 18, 2019 18:34:53)

══ trans autistic lesbian enbydoggirls // 16 17 18 19 20, she/they
sparrows one word to the paragraph // <3 // ~(quasar) nebula
Okamihowl122
Scratcher
500+ posts

More dumb questions from the village idiot here: Will I have to keep warning enemies about Susie throughout the game, or will she stop being a murder-hobo and start actually taking orders at some point?

PearlPlatypus2048
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Okamihowl122 wrote:

More dumb questions from the village idiot here: Will I have to keep warning enemies about Susie throughout the game, or will she stop being a murder-hobo and start actually taking orders at some point?
Eventually she will understand she shouldn't be a murder hobo, but it happens kinda late in the game.

Last edited by PearlPlatypus2048 (Feb. 18, 2019 19:36:15)

-As of 2/12/2019 I use hex color 184040 for my posts, and when it's this color (14d1cd) it's a link somewhere
as of 10/18/21 it's now #084d4a
(i never remember to do this)
GraduateScratchy
Scratcher
500+ posts

Okamihowl122 wrote:

Yes.
It's perfectly fine to ask questions- answering about humans and monsters is one thing I'm happy to do.

Fandom List:
ᴜɴᴅᴇʀᴛᴀʟᴇ/ᴅᴇʟᴛᴀʀᴜɴᴇʜᴏʟʟᴏᴡ ᴋɴɪɢʜᴛ⌇ɪʀʟsʙᴇɴ 10⌇sᴘʟᴀᴛᴏᴏɴʏᴏ-ᴋᴀɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜᴋᴀɢᴇᴘʀᴏɢʜᴜɴɢᴇʀ ɢᴀᴍᴇsᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋ ᴄʀʏsᴛᴀʟ
PearlPlatypus2048
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CatsUnited wrote:

what's your opinion on the ralsei plush?
WHERE'S MY ENDOGENY PLUSHIE
I NEED IT

-As of 2/12/2019 I use hex color 184040 for my posts, and when it's this color (14d1cd) it's a link somewhere
PearlPlatypus2048
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PearlPlatypus2048 wrote:

CatsUnited wrote:

I NEED IT
i'm the only person who thinks it's cuter than ralsei, i know

GraduateScratchy
Scratcher
500+ posts

PearlPlatypus2048 wrote:

CatsUnited wrote:

I NEED IT

i'm the only person who thinks it's cuter than ralsei, i know
In all honesty, I agree.

Fandom List:
Okamihowl122
Scratcher
500+ posts

PearlPlatypus2048 wrote:

Eventually she will understand she shouldn't be a murder hobo, but it happens kinda late in the game.

GraduateScratchy wrote:

Yes.
It's perfectly fine to ask questions- answering about humans and monsters is one thing I'm happy to do.
Thanks again!

GraduateScratchy
Scratcher
500+ posts

Okamihowl122 wrote:

PearlPlatypus2048 wrote:

GraduateScratchy wrote:

Yes.
Thanks again!
Also, try not to cut off my Ranger Red.
Semi-self-explanatory name.

Fandom List:
GraduateScratchy
Scratcher
500+ posts

helpmehelpmehelpmehelpmehelpme
How would you represent Hearts in the number cards of a Deltarune-themed card set?!
It can't be Hathies themselves as they're the picture cards.
Please somebody come up with something aaaaaa

Fandom List:
Dan-The-Squid
Scratcher
1000+ posts

GraduateScratchy wrote:

How would you represent Hearts in the number cards of a Deltarune-themed card set?!
Hearts with mouths

or “soul” hearts

Last edited by Dan-The-Squid (Feb. 18, 2019 23:58:30)

Leaving bye
GraduateScratchy
Scratcher
500+ posts

Dan-The-Squid wrote:

GraduateScratchy wrote:

Hearts with mouths

or “soul” hearts
T h a n k y o u
Imma using the former.
I WOULD the latter if there was more of a correlation between them and Hathies.

Fandom List:
PearlPlatypus2048
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Here's an Undertale remix that I absolutely love.
it's like the best song ever
and, surprise surprise, it's n o t MEGALOVANIA

Last edited by PearlPlatypus2048 (Feb. 19, 2019 00:06:11)