Scratcher
1000+ posts

About necroposting...[confirmation required to post on old topics]

Little_Mittle12345 wrote:

magiccodegirl678 wrote:

snip
Please dont necropost
what

everything below is my signature, it appears under everything I post.

(Y::undefined)(T::variables)(A::control)(R::operators)(I::sensing)(E::motion)(5::looks) ::extension 

Outside I'm smiling but inside I'm sans the skeleton

Why are you here, you extension user? This is where I put my copypastas! Run along, now!

Please only create new threads here if you're a New Scratcher introducing yourself the community. Check out [url=https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/399690/]Making a guide/welcome topic? Please read this first![/url]

Hello!  It's great that you want to help out other Scratchers.  However, I think we have enough guides in the forums at the moment.  Please feel free to welcome new Scratchers on [url=https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/4670/]the group welcoming topic[/url] or on individual topics created by New Scratchers.

Other places that can always use more helpful Scratchers like you, are the "[url=https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/7/]Help With Scripts[/url]" and "[url=https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/4/]Questions About Scratch[/url]" areas - please use them as designed, by responding to topics created by folks with problems to solve :)

Finally, a really good place for Scratch guides is the [url=https://en.scratch-wiki.info/]Scratch Wiki[/url] - check it out and see if it's something you might like to work on. They have a number of guides - and great organization.
PGBFLITE6373
Scratcher
1000+ posts

magiccodegirl678 wrote:

This would help reduce necroposting in the forums. However, it is possible for an old thread to still be relevant, meaning it could still be active. I think that instead of depending on the amount of time since the topic was created, it should depend on when the last post was. Maybe if about a month has passed since someone posted on a topic, the message would appear. It could say:
Are you sure you want to post?

The last post on this topic is from {Day} {Date}, {Year} and hasn't seen any activity since. It may no longer be relevant, or may be resolved. Posting on it will bump it to the first page of the forum. Are you sure you want to post on it?

Post Cancel
There are also forums like Show and Tell, Suggestions, and Things I'm Reading and Playing that contain topics that are never too old to post on, as they will continue to be relevant, and they don't need the message. There is an exception for suggestions, as they can be rejected, implemented, or be a duplicate topic. I don't think the message should apply here, as obsolete or outdated suggestion topics are rarely bumped.
Please dont necropost
First off it's not necroposting its Necroposting (Assuming this is a joke bump), and second off, this would be a necropost. I could see this. Bob, is on QaS. Bob sees old post. Bob goes “Oooooh Scratch karma awaits” Bob posts on an old topic. Bob gets no scratch Karma, instead, he gets posts saying not to necropost. Bob is sad that he got no scratch karma so he leaves scratch.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
How to make siggie
randomguy3513
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Support, there has been a lot of nercoposters recently.

(Male) (He/Him) (2000+ posts) (4 Years)
Banner by depresso-boiyo, check him out!
Ctrl+shift+down to check out my projects!

Thanks for scrolling; if you like what I do, please follow me!
TheSmartGuy1234
Scratcher
1000+ posts

magiccodegirl678 wrote:

This would help reduce necroposting in the forums. However, it is possible for an old thread to still be relevant, meaning it could still be active. I think that instead of depending on the amount of time since the topic was created, it should depend on when the last post was. Maybe if about a month has passed since someone posted on a topic, the message would appear. It could say:
Are you sure you want to post?

The last post on this topic is from {Day} {Date}, {Year} and hasn't seen any activity since. It may no longer be relevant, or may be resolved. Posting on it will bump it to the first page of the forum. Are you sure you want to post on it?

Post Cancel
There are also forums like Show and Tell, Suggestions, and Things I'm Reading and Playing that contain topics that are never too old to post on, as they will continue to be relevant, and they don't need the message. There is an exception for suggestions, as they can be rejected, implemented, or be a duplicate topic. I don't think the message should apply here, as obsolete or outdated suggestion topics are rarely bumped.
Please dont necropost
no such thing as nercoposting here in suggestions.

It's AF day in my timzone.

ST: celebrate AF day in your timezones
Me: I live in new zealand
ST: oh no nononono

you use
sudo sh -c 'echo "text" > file'
No, professionals use
echo 'text' | sudo tee file 1> /dev/null

Scroll* for more!

what are @SIMIA1358 and @TPRATTAY doing!??!?!
(2023/11/04 YEAR-MM-DD)
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/652044/?page=222#post-7453472
griffpatch appel is broken

Za_Chary wrote:

Games snippet:
10. yFzZ3MgsySzJLMv8yBzIfMqcynzJ04zLbMi8yNzJvNjM2KzYPNgsybzJLMi8yOzYzMk8yHzY3MmMyhzKrNlcytzYnMpcy6Ncy3zJLNoMyCzI7NisyQzL7Mhc2QzYrMkcyUzI7MisyBzKjNicyfzLHMrMymzJnMocygzYk
5_g
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ignoring the irony of this topic necroposting on itself, maybe adding a automatic topic archival system for topics that have gone 6-12 months without reply

Pro forumer, Scratch Empires I OG

Im hosting Scratch origins SMP part 2, a modded minecraft server for all scratchers! Join it here! Scratch origins 2 is delayed until the summer, i will notify everyone before it starts dont worry
An0therRand0mC0der
Scratcher
1000+ posts

5_g wrote:

ignoring the irony of this topic necroposting on itself, maybe adding a automatic topic archival system for topics that have gone 6-12 months without reply
What if the topic still isn't resolved?
-Valtren-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

An0therRand0mC0der wrote:

5_g wrote:

What if the topic still isn't resolved?
if it isn't resolved, I doubt it would not have any posts unless no one knew how to resolve it.

Famous quotes:

Za-Chary wrote:

Steve Carell as Scratch Cat yo what the heck bro src

-Rodri wrote:

106809nes wrote:

This is the second-best suggestion I've seen.
Why is it the second-best suggestion I've seen? Well, view this topic to find out!
what in the capitalism, you really had to sneak in an ad lol src

The_Game_ wrote:

From my careful predictions that I have been calculating for 3 whole years, spent thousands of dollars on and have stayed up at night doing; it'll have 1 billion projects. src

wolvesstar97 wrote:

TAGS MUST GO!
THERE IS A SOLUTION: Narwhals! src

WallydogChoppychop wrote:

Scratch cat looked like a mouse src

Za-Chary wrote:

among_us1w2 wrote:

no like in darkrp if you have been warn for failbase class 1 you get warning but if you do failbase class 3 you get warning but next time you break rules you get 5 min jail
This is the greatest slang of All Time. src

More quotes here.
Buffek
Scratcher
100+ posts

5_g wrote:

ignoring the irony of this topic necroposting on itself,

pretty sure the term “necroposting” doesn't apply to the suggestions forum

when green flag clicked
say [I hate my username why did I name myself like this]
eikh2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Support. Would be really helpful in QaS.

eikh2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump

_Bathroom_
Scratcher
100+ posts

Buffek wrote:

I feel like necroposting is annoying. My idea is that if you want to post on a thread that has been inactive for at least 3 months then if you try to reply on it the reply will not be posted, instead a “box” will say: This thread is old. Do you really want to reply? I think this would help with the necroposting because sometimes someone might actually not see how old the topic is…

obviously this should not apply to forums like suggestions, where necroposting isn't really a thing

also I like how people still reply to this post I made 4 years ago lol

Support. Many people accidentally necropost and this will cut down on necroposting.

Oh no my signature was are eaten by a baby kumquat!
ScratchCat1038
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump, due to the recent wave of necroposts on random 2012 topics.

I think that 3 months is too little, as there are many topics in forums such as this here suggestions forum that remain relevant after a few months. Maybe a year or so would be better?

shift+down to scroll
GIVE AN INTERNET
so i can feed my family

“if on edge, bounce” block visualization

oh, so you drink water?
describe the flavor without using the word “water”
medians
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ScratchCat1038 wrote:

bump, due to the recent wave of necroposts on random 2012 topics.

I think that 3 months is too little, as there are many topics in forums such as this here suggestions forum that remain relevant after a few months. Maybe a year or so would be better?
Yea, they were the oldest ones actually (one of them was the oldest open topic and one guy was doing it), so I assume they were just increasing the number to see if they were open.
Maybe it could be different for certain forums?

Last edited by medians (June 4, 2023 00:05:54)

Medians bamboozled by 3.0 (version 3.0): https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/979822351/
hi875230163394: You're similar to valve in that you both hate a certain number…
Scratch 0.x, 1.x, 2.x, 3.x and LogoBlocks Archives
Bamboozlement: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/33739789
Years on internet: 15 (soon 16)
medians: Oh god not this utc - 12 thing again..
Fun_Cupcake_i81: What, were you expecting not to see the utc - 12 thing again? THE UTC - 12 THIGN ALWAYS RETURNS. ALWAYS.
medians: I knew it would happen. I was the one who started it last year.
Fun_Cupcake_i81: Well then if you didn't want it back maybe you need to time travel to last year and fix that

Oh wait if you could time travel I think we all know exactly when you would go-
user1: That picture is from 2.0. Now he’s at my house and is my pet.
user2: But this is medians we're talking about, so “from 2.0” can mean the same thing as “from five seconds ago”.

Detect Scratch version here
My other accounts: @selfexplanatory @modesties @chaircard @fireflyhero @dividendyield @colloids @radians @skeuamorphism @dihectogon @anglebisector @aau- @EditBlockColors @AdamantOrb @MoongeistBeam @festively @Ampharos_ @straightforwardness
i trolled redcat LOL

if you see this
{what method did you use::control hat
answer on profile ::motion
} ::operators
;
ScratchCat1038
Scratcher
1000+ posts

medians wrote:

(#93)
Yea. Maybe just 1 month in forums where necroposting is a major issue (such as QaS), but a whole year in forums where it's generally not frowned upon (such as Suggestions).

shift+down to scroll
GIVE AN INTERNET
so i can feed my family

“if on edge, bounce” block visualization

oh, so you drink water?
describe the flavor without using the word “water”
Buffek
Scratcher
100+ posts

ScratchCat1038 wrote:

medians wrote:

(#93)
Yea. Maybe just 1 month in forums where necroposting is a major issue (such as QaS), but a whole year in forums where it's generally not frowned upon (such as Suggestions).

Buffek wrote:

obviously this should not apply to forums like suggestions, where necroposting isn't really a thing

when green flag clicked
say [I hate my username why did I name myself like this]