Discuss Scratch

Pianostar4
Scratcher
1000+ posts

>>>>>>>>>>> READ BEFORE POSTING: What goes in the Other Languages forum? >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

xXx-VIBIN-CAT-xXx wrote:

where did the meow and edible scratch language go?
They were April fools jokes

Guys! I’m trying to be more active! Sorry!
JBoxer6412
Scratcher
100+ posts

>>>>>>>>>>> READ BEFORE POSTING: What goes in the Other Languages forum? >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

FloatingMuffins wrote:

I have seen a high amount of things in this forum that should not be here so I decided to create this guide.
Here you should create threads for languages that are not listed in the menu at the end of this page. If your language is not listed there then your language should be in a thread in this forum. Check through the pages of this forum to see. If it is not there create a thread for your language. These threads are used to discuss scratch in different languages.

But read this guide before creating a thread:

What should I NOT post here?
1. Duplicate topics
If there is already a thread for your language do not post another. Looking through this forum I have found 9 discussions for the Irish language. Post in a thread that is already there if there is one already there. Even if the thread is five years old still use that one. Necroposting is ok in this forum. It is best to keep the conversation all in one place.

2. A language you made up
You might have made up your own language with your friend. Unfortunately, this is not a place to discuss a language you made up. It is for the convenience of non-English speakers. Please be respectful to them.

3. Spam
Spam does not go in any forum. Do not advertise your projects or blockspam. This forum is for the convenience of non-English speakers. Please be respectful to them.

4. Any language that already has its own forum
Go to the end of this page: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/ . There is a list of languages that already have their own forum topic. If your language has its own forum use that.

5. Extinct languages
Please do not create a thread for an extinct language such as Latin. It will get closed down by a moderator

6. Fictional languages
Please do not create a thread for a fictional language such as Klingon. It will get closed down by a moderator.

7. Joke languages
You can set the language on the Scratch website to Edible Scratch and Meow. But these are just joke languages so please do not create a thread for them in this forum

8. English
Again, this forum for non-English speaking people. There is already a forum for the English language. (I know, this guide is in English )

9. Wingdings
Just don't.

So, if your language is breaking the rules above do not create a new thread for it. If it has passed the guidelines above it is probably safe to create a thread for it.

Thanks for reading!

Excuse me, but there is not an English forum.

inactive acc

main: @PartyMatt2011

highlight this text and then hold down this key combo until you see text:
shift + down arrow

hi
GunChleoc
Scratcher
500+ posts

We can't expect FloatingMuffins to be fluent in over 6000 languages and post the rules in all those languages.

So, posting the rules in English has the highest chance that people can understand them or stick them into a machine translation service.

Stuth sa Ghàidhlig
repeat until <not <(language) = [English]>>
set (language) to [Gàidhlig]
end
Adamfaris2011
Scratcher
68 posts

JBoxer6412 wrote:

FloatingMuffins wrote:

I have seen a high amount of things in this forum that should not be here so I decided to create this guide.
Here you should create threads for languages that are not listed in the menu at the end of this page. If your language is not listed there then your language should be in a thread in this forum. Check through the pages of this forum to see. If it is not there create a thread for your language. These threads are used to discuss scratch in different languages.

1. Duplicate topics
If there is already a thread for your language do not post another. Looking through this forum I have found 9 discussions for the Irish language. Post in a thread that is already there if there is one already there. Even if the thread is five years old still use that one. Necroposting is ok in this forum. It is best to keep the conversation all in one place.

You might have made up your own language with your friend. Unfortunately, this is not a place to discuss a language you made up. It is for the convenience of non-English speakers. Please be respectful to them.

3. Spam
Spam does not go in any forum. Do not advertise your projects or blockspam. This forum is for the convenience of non-English speakers. Please be respectful to them.

Go to the end of this page: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/ . There is a list of languages that already have their own forum topic. If your language has its own forum use that.

5. Extinct languages
Please do not create a thread for an extinct language such as Latin. It will get closed down by a moderator

6. Fictional languages
Please do not create a thread for a fictional language such as Klingon. It will get closed down by a moderator.

7. Joke languages
You can set the language on the Scratch website to Edible Scratch and Meow. But these are just joke languages so please do not create a thread for them in this forum

8. English
Again, this forum for non-English speaking people. There is already a forum for the English language. (I know, this guide is in English )

9. Wingdings
Just don't.

So, if your language is breaking the rules above do not create a new thread for it. If it has passed the guidelines above it is probably safe to create a thread for it.

Thanks for reading!

An english forum is what we're actually literally using right now

/e free
Byron_Inc
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JBoxer6412 wrote:

-snip-

Please do not quote the entire OP. It is sometimes spammy to do so.

The English forum is basically all forums except the following:
Africa, German (Deutsch), Spanish (Español), French (Français), Hebrew (עברית), Italian (Italiano), Japanese (日本語), Chinese (中文), Greek (Ελληνικά), Korean (한국어), Portuguese (Português), Norwegian (Norsk), Dutch (Nederlands), Turkish (Türkçe), Polish (Polski), Russian (Pусский), Catalan (Català), Indonesian (Bahasa Indonesia), Persian/Farsi (فارسی), and the Other Languages Forum.

Last edited by Byron_Inc (Jan. 17, 2021 01:32:40)

Planning on coming back soon.
Ankit_Anmol
Scratcher
500+ posts

I was gonna make English topic! Thx lol

@Ankit_Anmol
Quality game developer on scratch
Please support this suggestion: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/481580/
Thanks for your time!

set [Ankit_Anmol v] to [Genius v]
Penglish4Ever
New to Scratch
4 posts

Are conlangs like Esperanto fine, or are they technically “fictional languages”?
DrakeGoesB00m
Scratcher
3 posts

Is portuagese on the list? i completely spelt it wrong lol
DrakeGoesB00m
Scratcher
3 posts

I would love for every languege to be on here!
log5045
Scratcher
7 posts

FloatingMuffins wrote:

8. English

I do see most topics that break this rule.

Last edited by log5045 (April 22, 2021 18:30:48)

hi there!
log5045
Scratcher
7 posts

log5045 wrote:

JBoxer6412 wrote:

FloatingMuffins wrote:

1. Duplicate topics

3. Spam

5. Extinct languages

6. Fictional languages

7. Joke languages

8. English

9. Wingdings
Just don't.

Thanks for reading!

Yeah…

Last edited by log5045 (April 23, 2021 13:39:24)

hi there!
ThePlayer_IO
Scratcher
6 posts

What about languages from islands? What about Tagalog(center Filipino language)? Are those okay?
henrick9
Scratcher
1000+ posts

define durdey
hurney ::motion
burney ::looks
Catlemonadeweb
Scratcher
22 posts

FloatingMuffins wrote:

1. Duplicate topics

3. Spam

5. Extinct languages

6. Fictional languages

7. Joke languages

8. English

9. Computer languages
No HTML, CSS, PHP or any of that. Also no wingdings.

10. Learn a language threads
If you want to learn a language, I suggest Duolingo.

Thanks for reading!

Latin is not EXINCT, beause some people are using it for dinosaur names!..

Highlight THIS and hold ALT + DOWN ARROW!

The Roop wrote:

Discoteque

Okay, I feel the rhythm
Something's going on here
The music flows through my veins
It's taking over me, it's slowly kicking in
My eyes are blinking and I don't know what is happening
I can't control it, don't wanna end it
There's no one here and I don't care
I feel it's safe to dance alone (dance alone)
Dance alone (dance alone), dance alone (dance alone)
Dance alone (dance alone), dance alone
Let's discoteque right at my home
It is okay to dance alone
Dance alone, dance alone (alone)
Dance alone (alone), dance alone (alone)
I got the moves, it's gonna blow
Dance alone, dance alone
Dance alone, dance alone
By dancing on my own
I'm healing wounded soul
My body's shaking, heart is breaking
Have to let it go
I need to get up and put my hands up
I feel it's safe to dance alone
Dance alone, dance alone
Dance alone, dance alone
Source: LyricFind

Tryin' to make Roar, but it's very confusing me with GitHub…
Catlemonadeweb
Scratcher
22 posts

BranHart wrote:

How do I set my language to Edible Scratch or Meow?

They were been just joke languages that existed in the dropdown from April Fools 14 until Scratch 3.0 releasing. You can't set as one of those ever again…

Highlight THIS and hold ALT + DOWN ARROW!

The Roop wrote:

Discoteque

Okay, I feel the rhythm
Something's going on here
The music flows through my veins
It's taking over me, it's slowly kicking in
My eyes are blinking and I don't know what is happening
I can't control it, don't wanna end it
I feel it's safe to dance alone (dance alone)
Dance alone (dance alone), dance alone
Dance alone, dance alone
Dance alone, dance alone
By dancing on my own
I'm healing wounded soul
My body's shaking, heart is breaking
Have to let it go
I need to get up and put my hands up
I feel it's safe to dance alone
Dance alone, dance alone
Dance alone, dance alone
Source: LyricFind

Tryin' to make Roar, but it's very confusing me with GitHub…
Anayathegoddess
Scratcher
1000+ posts

what if we want to make a topic that doesn't fit any other topics in english like “the memes topic”

highlight this+shift+down

out of context but idc
remind to make thing: https://www.demirramon.com/generators/undertale_text_box_generator
ik its out of context a g a i n
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy19H-hVbIE
pink_pengiuen_101
Scratcher
22 posts

FloatingMuffins wrote:

1. Duplicate topics

3. Spam

5. Extinct languages

6. Fictional languages

7. Joke languages

8. English

9. Computer languages
No HTML, CSS, PHP or any of that. Also no wingdings.

10. Learn a language threads
If you want to learn a language, I suggest Duolingo.

Thanks for reading!

I think I can do that
anoyingpouncytiger
Scratcher
6 posts

Question, do minority languages count? i’m considering learning Cornish (2-5,000 speakers) so would that be allowed since it does exist but not very many speak it?

Communism
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
dexterann
Scratcher
500+ posts

Nothing!

“Ngày ấy khi đôi mươi tôi đem lòng thương nhớ ai
Ngày ấy người ta nói sẽ quay về
Ngày ấy bão trong tim nhưng tôi chỉ biết đứng yên
Ngày ấy có cơn đau quên đặt tên.”
vudeptrai090211
Scratcher
1000+ posts

anoyingpouncytiger wrote:

Question, do minority languages count? i’m considering learning Cornish (2-5,000 speakers) so would that be allowed since it does exist but not very many speak it?
i think yes

Don't think this is a part of my posts, this is my signature. You can see how to change/add a signature here.
Highlight + ctrl (cmd) + shift + down to see my full signature

I don't work very much on forums anymore. Now, I love making projects!
Links:
ACCOUNTS: Alt Test Animate
PROJECTS: Space Dodger Tiny Ball's Adventure Epic Catch Game Potion Clicker
STUDIOS: Fanbase

congrats! you've reached the end of this signature!
win this challenge to have a wish!