Discuss Scratch

PyIar
Scratcher
6 posts

Kingdom of Valor - Worldbuilding

So, we know where different races live, but what about terrain? We need bodies of water for one. I'm thinking the following:

NORTH: Magic is strong here, so magic users live in this area. Witches, fairies, or magic using elves and humans. (The reptile kingdom is also here.) It has a few mountains and is very cold.
EAST: Possibly some coastline? If not, full of lakes. Lush forests and such.
SOUTH: Some dessert/more barren land. Lots of agriculture.
WEST: Full of cites, many destroyed by the war. Center of culture and such.
Kanga27
Scratcher
36 posts

Okay, I like the idea. But the animal kingdom is one!!! East- lakes, ponds, forests,etc. South - desert, agriculture, oceans
West, destroyed city, still recovering and developing.
North- plenty of magic, lush green land, hil!s.
That's what I'm thinking.

Hey y'all! ^u<
PyIar
Scratcher
6 posts

So, I edited the map a bit: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/238887435/

With the central conflict, we can have the Humans&Alliance vs Elves&Alliance. The tenth eye breaks the barrier, maybe because they want chaos, their god told them to, or they feel it's unfair to keep the humans not knowing of the rest of the kingdom. Humans are angry and scared, and declare war on the elves for keeping this a secret (or something). Alliances happen.

If anyone disagrees, speak now or forever hold your peace.

What we need to decide: Who is in power, and what are they doing?
At the minimum, we need:
  • Elf Ruler:
  • Human Ruler:
mam27
Scratcher
41 posts

I think it would be cool if, besides the two main alliance groups as suggested by @Pylar in the Kingdom of Valor studio, someone started a new alliance, at around 1/3 or 1/2 of the story. I thought it would be cool if my character started it, and, maybe, at the beginning no one joins, but then one person does and more follow or something? I have no idea, just suggesting.
mam27
Scratcher
41 posts

I was thinking, for the plot, that this could happen:
the war rages on for several months, then someone (their side doesn't really matter) forces everyone into peace and becomes the supreme ruler by force, but they want the good of the people, so that person would be like a good and bad character. Then, everyone is still not in peace, they feel rage and anger and war, so the war explodes again in a couple of weeks.
Just a suggestion.
How would it actually end, though? Reply if you have ideas!
mam27
Scratcher
41 posts

Also, for @Pylar ‘s question about the rulers, I don’t know… it would be hard to decide, because when things like rulers are decided, pretty much everyone has to agree, because it's important. However, there is an actual “princess” entry, except I don't know what she's a princess of.
Kanga27
Scratcher
36 posts

Okay, so, my character is an elf, but she likes humans. Maybe is she's a princess of the elves and is secretly helping the humans. And someone finds out, and she has to escape to the human side.

Hey y'all! ^u<
PyIar
Scratcher
6 posts

Well, roayaltu is rather fiddly. We can’t have too many, but it’s pretty early so it’s possible for you to be royal. You’d have to discuss this with other people though. We already have one princess. I’m going to open slots for royals.
agentnathan60
Scratcher
3 posts

how about the player's health hovers over the character?
mam27
Scratcher
41 posts

For my characters, I don't want any to be royals, but perhaps leading figures in some way.
pixpickle
Scratcher
100+ posts

PyIar wrote:

So, we know where different races live, but what about terrain? We need bodies of water for one. I'm thinking the following:

NORTH: Magic is strong here, so magic users live in this area. Witches, fairies, or magic using elves and humans. (The reptile kingdom is also here.) It has a few mountains and is very cold.
EAST: Possibly some coastline? If not, full of lakes. Lush forests and such.
SOUTH: Some dessert/more barren land. Lots of agriculture.
WEST: Full of cites, many destroyed by the war. Center of culture and such.
Quick Question: Is there still the Main Kingdom? If so, I think it ought to be in the centre of the world, being the Main Kingdom and all that. Just a question/suggestion about the Map of KoV…

mam27
Scratcher
41 posts

I have a character (my latest, no one has seen him yet, if someone wants to check him out, he's in the last project on my profile) that knows of the Tenth Eye, because he was fooled into joining and then quit. However, he can't really tell anyone about it because he's ashamed of and secretive about his past: he was part of evil without knowing.
Would that still work with the fact that the Tenth Eye is secret?
mam27
Scratcher
41 posts

Here is the character: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/239061327/#player . Could someone who is allowed to check him out and let me know if he's accepted? He's the wizard who taught my other (already accepted) character.
Thanks, and let me know if his story can fit with the plot!
pixpickle
Scratcher
100+ posts

mam27 wrote:

Here is the character: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/239061327/#player . Could someone who is allowed to check him out and let me know if he's accepted? He's the wizard who taught my other (already accepted) character.
I'm sure someone will check it out soon! I would, but I feel like I know less and less about KoV… And I'm pretty sure I was one of the first people in the studio >.<

pixpickle
Scratcher
100+ posts

pixpickle wrote:

mam27 wrote:

I'm sure someone will check it out soon! I would, but I feel like I know less and less about KoV… And I'm pretty sure I was one of the first people in the studio >.<
Oh, and I'm on my tablet rn xD
Help… 60 second rule >.<

mam27
Scratcher
41 posts

Hello, I agree with @pixpickle , I definitely think that we need water characters. I would make one, maybe, but I already made two characters, and I don't know if I'm allowed to make more.
Also, @pixpickle, I'm sorry if the story is changing a lot, is it ok, or do you want it to stay the same as before?
Honestly, I think it's bound to change as more and more people add their ideas.
mam27
Scratcher
41 posts

Oh, the thing about water was by @Pylar , sorry.
pixpickle
Scratcher
100+ posts

mam27 wrote:

Snip!
Also, @pixpickle, I'm sorry if the story is changing a lot, is it ok, or do you want it to stay the same as before?
Honestly, I think it's bound to change as more and more people add their ideas.
Yeah, it's just seeing how the Studio has grown… It's pretty cool, but also, I did enjoy having everyone being able to think up their own world of KoV…

mam27
Scratcher
41 posts

True, that might be nice, but, as @Pylar said, this is about collaboration… yeah, I don't know.
Also, here is a map remix I made with physical features drawn in, you can check it out and tell me if it fits in with your plans.
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/239230674/#player .
pixpickle
Scratcher
100+ posts

mam27 wrote:

True, that might be nice, but, as @Pylar said, this is about collaboration… yeah, I don't know.
Also, here is a map remix I made with physical features drawn in, you can check it out and tell me if it fits in with your plans.
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/239230674/#player .
Ok, thanks! :3