Discuss Scratch

Pinky55555
Scratcher
8 posts

Why is scratch not allowing my username?

Whenever I try typing in my username the bad word detector doesn't allow it. This is a problem because when I had a studio where it said who was in it my username was blocked and apparently it didn't work. I don't know what is wrong with my username.
LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

What was the full sentence? The bad word detector might have detected your username along with something else in the description.

lh70 / nora/tobi / she-they pronouns / pansexual-demisexual / 14 / sagittarius / furry / artist / intp / stop-motion films / lbp / fall out boy / panic! at the disco / twenty one pilots / stranger things / a series of unfortunate events
“When you have a bad day, a really bad day, try and treat the world better than it treated you.” -Patrick Stump
“Music seems to hold everything together. It seems to make things not so chaotic sometimes. It seems to make things make more sense sometimes.” -Tyler Joseph
“You'll fear your fears forever if you never do things you're afraid of.” -Josh Dun
“I'm still figuring out who I am, but I know I'm not who I was.” -Brendon Urie
ScratchDiogoh
Scratcher
1000+ posts

What is the word?

+1700 Bad Posts
dude341
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Probably thinks the “55555” part is a phone number.

ScratchDiogoh wrote:

What is the word?
Could you explain how they would be able to know this? That is what they are asking.

Placeholder
Pinky55555
Scratcher
8 posts

dude341 wrote:

ScratchDiogoh wrote:

What is the word?
Could you explain how they would be able to know this? That is what they are asking.
If I type my username then it doesn't let me write it which is so annoying and I tried typing 55555 by itself and it does let me do it. It says “please be respectful” which is really strange.
dude341
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Pinky55555 wrote:

dude341 wrote:

ScratchDiogoh wrote:

What is the word?
If I type my username then it doesn't let me write it which is so annoying and I tried typing 55555 by itself and it does let me do it. It says “please be respectful” which is really strange.
Ah, I've got it.
The last 2 letters of Pinky and the number 5 when put together is 1337 code for a short version of an insult.

Ask https://scratch.mit.edu/users/Paddle2See/ to add “Pinky55555” to the whitelist.

Placeholder
TheAdriCoolManDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dude341 wrote:

Pinky55555 wrote:

dude341 wrote:

ScratchDiogoh wrote:

What is the word?
Ah, I've got it.
The last 2 letters of Pinky and the number 5 when put together is 1337 code for a short version of an insult.

Ask https://scratch.mit.edu/users/Paddle2See/ to add “Pinky55555” to the whitelist.
I just realized what is the insult, I can't say it, of course.

leapinleopardstar
Scratcher
500+ posts

TheAdriCoolManDude wrote:

dude341 wrote:

Pinky55555 wrote:

dude341 wrote:

ScratchDiogoh wrote:

What is the word?
Ah, I've got it.

Me too.

A
LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TheAdriCoolManDude wrote:

dude341 wrote:

Pinky55555 wrote:

dude341 wrote:

ScratchDiogoh wrote:

What is the word?
Ah, I've got it.

Oh, now I see

lh70 / nora/tobi / she-they pronouns / pansexual-demisexual / 14 / sagittarius / furry / artist / intp / stop-motion films / lbp / fall out boy / panic! at the disco / twenty one pilots / stranger things / a series of unfortunate events
“When you have a bad day, a really bad day, try and treat the world better than it treated you.” -Patrick Stump
“Music seems to hold everything together. It seems to make things not so chaotic sometimes. It seems to make things make more sense sometimes.” -Tyler Joseph
“You'll fear your fears forever if you never do things you're afraid of.” -Josh Dun
ScratchDiogoh
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The True Meaning is “1337” is a Hackers Term
and the bad word detector thinks you are a Hacker

+1700 Bad Posts
Flowermanvista
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ScratchDiogoh wrote:

No, if you were even remotely following any of the discussion above, you would see that that's blatantly false. They used “1337” to describe how the combination of “ky” and “5” creates an insult in leetspeak.

Add a SPOOKY SKELETON to your project!

The Scratch 3 Project Save Troubleshooter - find out why your project won't save

ST, Please Add A Warning When A Size Limit Is Exceeded

My Dumb Creations - THE BEST ANIMATION | The Windows 98 Experience (made on Windows 98) | nobody cares about Me… | the2000 Reveals His New Profile Picture | Not Dumb Creations - Ten Years
Ctrl+Shift+Down for more…
Do evil kumquats keep eating your signature? Assert your dominance and eat the evil kumquats. Did you know that kumquats are only about the size of an olive?
Pinky55555
Scratcher
8 posts

Okay thank you everyone for answering I'm glad I know what it is now and I have made the decision to possibly migrate accounts!
Flowermanvista
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Pinky55555 wrote:

Okay thank you everyone for answering I'm glad I know what it is now and I have made the decision to possibly migrate accounts!

That shouldn't be needed. Just tell Paddle2See to add your username to the whitelist, which was suggested earlier, and after some time, it should be good.

Add a SPOOKY SKELETON to your project!

The Scratch 3 Project Save Troubleshooter - find out why your project won't save

ST, Please Add A Warning When A Size Limit Is Exceeded

My Dumb Creations - THE BEST ANIMATION | The Windows 98 Experience (made on Windows 98) | nobody cares about Me… | the2000 Reveals His New Profile Picture | Not Dumb Creations - Ten Years
Ctrl+Shift+Down for more…
Do evil kumquats keep eating your signature? Assert your dominance and eat the evil kumquats. Did you know that kumquats are only about the size of an olive?
1MTariq
Scratcher
51 posts

Maybe it could be the following two reasons:
1. They think it's a phone number
2. 555 is the closest to 666 which 666 is a ‘'devil’s time'' and they might think you are trying to avoid it by typing two more 5's.
dude341
Scratcher
1000+ posts

<removed>

Last edited by dude341 (July 10, 2018 20:12:16)

Placeholder
dude341
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ScratchDiogoh wrote:

1337 is a term that people think “hackers” use. Plus that is obviously and clearly not the reason.

1MTariq wrote:

1. They think it's a phone number
2. 555 is the closest to 666 which 666 is a ‘'devil’s time'' and they might think you are trying to avoid it by typing two more 5's.
Please read before posting. We found what it was.

Flowermanvista wrote:

ScratchDiogoh wrote:

No, if you were even remotely following any of the discussion above, you would see that that's blatantly false. They used “1337” to describe how the combination of “ky” and “5” creates an insult in leetspeak.
Exactly.
So much wrong information… People really need to research the subject before talking about it. Thank you, 1MTariq for researching. (I do not mean any offence to anyone, just a tip to some people)

Pinky55555 wrote:

No need to do that, just tell https://scratch.mit.edu/users/Paddle2See/ to add your username to the whitelist

Last edited by dude341 (July 10, 2018 20:14:45)

Placeholder
LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

1MTariq wrote:

Um.. no.. I've typed “666” before and it didn't do anything to me.
Plus, I'm pretty sure there are a few Satanists on this website (and no, they probably don't kill people, and no, I'm not one) and it wouldn't really be fair to not let them say that, and some other religions learn about Satan (or the closest thing).

Mr_PenguinAlex
Scratcher
1000+ posts

1MTariq wrote:

1. They think it's a phone number (Not enough numbers to be a phone number, though.)
2. 555 is the closest to 666 which 666 is a ‘'devil’s time'' and they might think you are trying to avoid it by typing two more 5's. (Not very likely)