Scratcher
100+ posts

♫ Scratch Music Compilation: The Eighth

Scratch_Foxy_Rogues wrote:

ScratchMarioMan64 wrote:

Put me in under “Aris” but make sure people know it's me
Added
Thanks.

My username says “ScratchMarioMan64” but you can call me Aris.
Scratch_Foxy_Rogues
Scratcher
100+ posts

One month to go on submissions!
technoguyx
Scratcher
500+ posts

Oh wow I didn't see this before; legit thought the tradition was dead :c

Now on to my typical reply: I might make something if I find the time. Hopefully something better than last time's track.

Scratcher since 2008.
PrincessPandaLover
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sorry, but I haven't got any time to work on my album cover, so it's gonna come next album.
BaconAndEggs1School
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Quick question, would samples of work released into the public domain be okay? I'm assuming they would be since there's an absence on copyright in most cases, but if there are any issues surrounding it that need to be clarified for this compilation, I'm all ears.

BaconAndEggs1School
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Welp, I guess I'm too impatient. My song's finished! It's a track called “Congalds Machine” which I composed myself.
Here's the link, all in WAV!

I should note about the fact that there are two versions of the song in this folder. The unlabeled one contains a LibriVox recording of contributor Ruth Golding reading The Human Machine by Arnold Bennett, specifically the first chapter Taking Oneself For Granted.
Link to the page with the information and recordings can be found here.
The contents of this book and the recording are both in the public domain, so I hope it's fine that these are used in the song. While it's not required, I would like to make a request that credit is given to them in that section of the Bandcamp page.

I would prefer to use the unlabeled mix with the recording, but if that's not possible for any reason, I'm perfectly content with the one labeled the Instrumental Mix being used instead (no samples on this one), though I'd like the title of “Instrumental Mix” itself dropped if it's going to be the one appearing on it.
To be extra thorough, the samples that appear during the “car” and “helicopter” parts are purely original. I used synths and filters to make sounds slightly resembling those vehicles.

If you have any comments or concerns, do tell me and I'll try and fix my track up in any way I can! Thanks!

technoguyx
Scratcher
500+ posts

BaconAndEggs1School wrote:

Quick question, would samples of work released into the public domain be okay? I'm assuming they would be since there's an absence on copyright in most cases, but if there are any issues surrounding it that need to be clarified for this compilation, I'm all ears.
Absolutely okay; the whole point of public domain is that intellectual property laws do not apply to these works. Thus the samples are not copyrighted, and you're free to license your work under CC BY-NC-SA (which is the license used by all the compilations, including this one, according to the first post)

Scratcher since 2008.
Scratch_Foxy_Rogues
Scratcher
100+ posts

Yup, what technoguyx said is right. Your song has been added, BaconAndEggs1
goldfish678
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Submission completed! Link: toadcode - you

A few disclaimers:

1. Please keep both my artist name and the track name all lowercase, as it is an intentional stylistic choice.

2. The song is simply called “you”–ignore the “comp-1” part on the filename.

Song information listing:
Name: you
Artist: toadcode
BPM: 133? I think? Let me know if you need this as a definite, because I can easily check.
Length: 3:15

anyway yeah that's basically it, here are the lyrics
Scratch_Foxy_Rogues
Scratcher
100+ posts

Your song has been added, toadcode. Technically the submission deadline has come and gone, but if anyone else still wants to submit a song then I'll be lenient about it.
Scratch_Foxy_Rogues
Scratcher
100+ posts

With the addition of songs by me and All4one, we have 5 tracks. If anyone else wants to send in a last-minute submission then I'll keep taking them no later than the 24th, after which I shall release the compilation
Scratch_Foxy_Rogues
Scratcher
100+ posts

Final reminder for any last, last, LAST minute submissions!
Scratch_Foxy_Rogues
Scratcher
100+ posts

In case anyone didn't catch it, the compilation has been released! Check out the topic here: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/326009/
goldfish678
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch_Foxy_Rogues wrote:

In case anyone didn't catch it, the compilation has been released! Check out the topic here: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/326009/
yay! :D was waiting for this, will check it out