Discuss Scratch

Scratch_Foxy_Rogues
Scratcher
100+ posts

♫ Scratch Music Compilation: The Eighth

Prestige…Valor…and Darn Good Music

Welcome, musicians, to the eighth iteration of the Scratch Music Compliation, by now a time-honored tradition :3 Yes, All4one has once again passed the torch, and this year I shall be hosting the event. For those who do not know me, I am Scratch_Foxy_Rogues (formerly “Iditaroid”) and I love music almost as much as I love Scratch

What is the Scratch Music Compilation?

Since the days of the 1.4 website, Scratchers have been coming together every year to create a compilation of their own music, showing off the talent of the Scratch community. Anyone with a Scratch account is encouraged to join (that means you!)

For more info, check out these links:
Deadlines and Guidelines

Submitting a song is as simple as posting a link to it in this thread :) For this year, the deadline for submission will be November 30th, 2018. Due to the consistent winter releases over the past couple of years, I've decided to make the deadline a little later and just release in December.

Submission guidelines
  • Track must be in one of the following formats: FLAC, WAV, AIFF. Other formats will not be accepted.
  • Track must be put up for direct download and I shouldn't need to install anything or create an account to open it. Most archives (like ZIP, RAR, etc.) are okay. If you need somewhere to upload your track, I recommend Dropbox, Google Drive, Mega or Mediafire. You could also use Soundcloud or Bandcamp, but remember to make the track downloadable, for free.
  • Track may not contain content against the Scratch Community Guidelines.
  • Track may be an original composition or a cover of another song.
  • An artist name may be submitted with the track; otherwise, your Scratch username will be used.
  • Only one submission per Scratcher, except in the case of collaborations with other Scratchers, of which an unlimited (within reason; don't submit like 200 songs u sily) amount each with different collaborators is allowed.
  • Track may be about anything. Get creative!
  • Track may be previously released or released in the future by the artist; it doesn't need to be exclusive.
  • You are giving your permission to me to release this track on the Scratch Forums Music Bandcamp free of charge, with a CC BY-NC-SA license.
  • Track may not be entirely be made of pre-composed loops; there must be some original element to the music besides assembly. Ask questions about this if you are confused.
  • Track length may not exceed 7 minutes.
  • Don't forget to have fun! (and Scratch on)
Submission list
  • Scratch_Foxy_Rogues - “Wacko House”
  • Sometimes the Cat (veggieman001) - “Happy”
  • SymphonyCB Productions (owlannaelsa)
  • Lawful Neutral (BaconAndEggs1) - “Congalds Machine”
  • Wolf Circus (All4one) - “Alpha and Omega”
  • The Nonstarters (SilverMediaPro) - “Do You Wanna Try A New Religion?”
  • toadcode (goldfish678) - “you”
  • Aris (ScratchMarioMan64)
If your name is in regular text, that means you have said that you'd like to participate but have not done so yet (and have no obligation to do so, although I will remind you if you have not at a certain point before release). If your name is in bold and has a track name listed by it, that means that I have your submission. If your name is in italics, that means that I have an inquiry for you and you should be like “Huh? What?”

Album Artwork

In addition to user-made songs, Scratch Music Compilation features album artwork created by the community. This will be the sixth entry in our Songs We're Making and Creating series, so the title of the album will probably be something along the lines of Songs We're Making and Creating VI: Subtitle (but you can just title it Songs We're Making and Creating VI if you can't think of a cool subtitle). Like the album tracks, all artwork must be submitted by November 30, 2018. Though only one cover will be featured on the Bandcamp, all submissions will be included as alternate album artwork. Some things to keep in mind when you are creating a cover:
  • Album art must be square and at least 1400x1400, preferably (but not necessarily) PNG. Though personally I would love to use a 1x1 jpeg, Bandcamp cover size requirements mean the pix gotta be BIG
  • When selecting the main art, users who haven't made a cover for the Scratch Music Compilation before will be preferred over those who have. Former artists: veggieman001, schnrfl, luiysia, 777w, puppetadventurer, Hinderwoods and DrChrisPhD.
Let the music begin!

Last edited by Scratch_Foxy_Rogues (Dec. 14, 2018 03:20:02)

veggieman001
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Yooo I wanna sign up for this thing! Artist name Sometimes the Cat.

Scratch_Foxy_Rogues
Scratcher
100+ posts

veggieman001 wrote:

I'll add you as soon as I can; unfortunately, due to having recently moved to a new account I can't edit the original post yet
_nix
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch_Foxy_Rogues wrote:

veggieman001 wrote:

I'll add you as soon as I can; unfortunately, due to having recently moved to a new account I can't edit the original post yet
Oh, really? I thought New Scratchers could edit posts - I remember being able to from some dummy accounts I made ages ago.

══ trans autistic lesbian enbydoggirls // 16 17 18 19 20 21, she/they
sparrows one word to the paragraph // <3 // ~(quasar) nebula
Scratch_Foxy_Rogues
Scratcher
100+ posts

_nix wrote:

veggieman001 wrote:

Oh, really? I thought New Scratchers could edit posts - I remember being able to from some dummy accounts I made ages ago.
I feel like I vaguely remember being able to as well, when I signed up on my old account…could be a removed feature
owlannaelsa
Scratcher
1000+ posts

If it gets finished, the song from Butler's Bane could be in this.

IMPORTANT: do not stalk me. just because im active somewhere doesnt mean that you should stalk me to that place. please, its VERY annoying.
Scratch_Foxy_Rogues
Scratcher
100+ posts

owlannaelsa wrote:

Should I add you to the list of contributors?
owlannaelsa
Scratcher
1000+ posts

owlannaelsa wrote:

Should I add you to the list of contributors?
Maybe. Nickname: SymphonyCB Productions
Find the collab here if you want to make the song with others!

IMPORTANT: do not stalk me. just because im active somewhere doesnt mean that you should stalk me to that place. please, its VERY annoying.
BaconAndEggs1School
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I haven't decided yet on which track I'm going to submit, but sign me up as Lawful Neutral (as per the last time I participated). I might also create a design for the album art.

Scratch_Foxy_Rogues
Scratcher
100+ posts

Bump!

I've added everyone who's signed up so far to the list
Scratch_Foxy_Rogues
Scratcher
100+ posts

Buuuump
Scratch_Foxy_Rogues
Scratcher
100+ posts

Obligatory monthly bump
All4one
Scratcher
1000+ posts

i’d like to join under the artist name Wolf Circus

Scratch_Foxy_Rogues
Scratcher
100+ posts

All4one wrote:

i’d like to join under the artist name Wolf Circus
Added!
SilverMediaPro
Scratcher
100+ posts

imma sign up as “The Nonstarters” for the artist handle, man man bro dude fam guy
Scratch_Foxy_Rogues
Scratcher
100+ posts

SilverMediaPro wrote:

imma sign up as “The Nonstarters” for the artist handle, man man bro dude fam guy
Added to the list Though for the record I am not a man, a man, a bro, a dude, a fam, or a guy…

Last edited by Scratch_Foxy_Rogues (June 13, 2018 01:57:48)

goldfish678
Scratcher
1000+ posts

nice! i participated in one of these a while ago but it means a lot more to me now that i'm a more experienced producer. i'll be submitting something under my artist name “toadcode”, and i might try to submit album art as well

Last edited by goldfish678 (June 24, 2018 17:33:33)

Scratch_Foxy_Rogues
Scratcher
100+ posts

Bump!
Goldfish678, I've added you. Thanks to everyone who's decided to sign up so far
Hex4Nova
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How many entries have been submitted as of now, and can we get a list of names and artists?

And no, I prefer to not sign up as artist until I finish a composition, thanks.

Last edited by Hex4Nova (July 4, 2018 20:18:21)

* BIGになりたい そこのアnタ!
250th post | 500th post | 750th post | 1000th post
hexakon.net
Scratch_Foxy_Rogues
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hex4Nova wrote:

How many entries have been submitted as of now, and can we get a list of names and artists?

And no, I prefer to not sign up as artist until I finish a composition, thanks.
The submission list is available in the original post under the heading, “Submission List”