Discuss Scratch

G_A_C
Scratcher
100+ posts

Enhanced Games Unlimited Collaboration ~ Making Drifter!

CoolGamesAndThings wrote:

I just updated my platform base thingy. It now has animation support as well as wall jumping. Still no y-scrolling though…

G_A_C wrote:

chickenbomber wrote:

When will we need to start drawing stuff for the game?
As soon as we figure out exactly what to draw.. If you have any ideas feel free to tell us..
I guess we should probably start with making a player character. If we're using the treasure hunter theme, maybe like and Indiana Jones-looking character?
Yep..

G.A.C. - known also as Fish.

Sigton
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I've literally been programming all day lol

Sigton

CoolGamesAndThings
Scratcher
100+ posts

Sigton wrote:

Sigton
What have you been working on?
CoolGamesAndThings
Scratcher
100+ posts

Another update! Bounce pads this time. Next I'll probably add lava and maybe moving platforms?
Sigton
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sigton wrote:

Sigton
An open world RPG for a competition and the deadline is next week

Sigton

rdkt
Scratcher
9 posts

Here is the logo that I designed. What is your opinion?
CyrusTheNiceGuy
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hey! I am a scratcher now!To celebrate, i did this… https://tenor.com/view/happy-yay-gif-5502996

Siggy image made by -@clove
CoolGamesAndThings
Scratcher
100+ posts

rdkt wrote:

Looks great!

Last edited by CoolGamesAndThings (April 13, 2018 20:12:38)

CyrusTheNiceGuy
Scratcher
100+ posts

ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜɪs ᴄᴏᴏʟ ᴛᴇxᴛ! ᴡᴇ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴜsᴇ ᴛʜɪs ғᴏɴᴛ ғᴏʀ ᴏᴜʀ ᴅᴇsᴄʀɪᴘᴛɪᴏɴ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʟᴀᴛғᴏʀᴍᴇʀ! here is the link to the text thing: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/79374426/

CyrusTheNiceGuy
Scratcher
100+ posts

rdkt wrote:

It is great!

RonTheNerd
Scratcher
1000+ posts

*snip*
I guess we should probably start with making a player character. If we're using the treasure hunter theme, maybe like and Indiana Jones-looking character?
Here's my thoughts. We can have the character change costumes. Say…a hiker with lots of water for hot climate, or a skier/snowshoes for the snow levels…

Banner by @ncro2005.
RonTheNerd
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sigton wrote:

Sigton wrote:

Sigton
An open world RPG for a competition and the deadline is next week

Sigton
Uhoh!

Banner by @ncro2005.
RonTheNerd
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CyrusTheNiceGuy wrote:

ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜɪs ᴄᴏᴏʟ ᴛᴇxᴛ! ᴡᴇ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴜsᴇ ᴛʜɪs ғᴏɴᴛ ғᴏʀ ᴏᴜʀ ᴅᴇsᴄʀɪᴘᴛɪᴏɴ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʟᴀᴛғᴏʀᴍᴇʀ! here is the link to the text thing: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/79374426/
Might be worthwhile looking into for the collab name…

rdkt wrote:

That looks pretty good! Like I said, we can always change it at a later time, but it's way better than just my logo!

Banner by @ncro2005.
G_A_C
Scratcher
100+ posts

RonTheNerd wrote:

CyrusTheNiceGuy wrote:

Might be worthwhile looking into for the collab name…

rdkt wrote:

That looks pretty good! Like I said, we can always change it at a later time, but it's way better than just my logo!
Yep. It's great! Although..I think the ‘d’ is missing in Enhanced. But apart from that.. It's awesome!

chickenbomber
Scratcher
100+ posts

I just updated my platform base thingy. It now has animation support as well as wall jumping. Still no y-scrolling though…

G_A_C wrote:

chickenbomber wrote:

As soon as we figure out exactly what to draw.. If you have any ideas feel free to tell us..
Okay! But I do need to know; will this be a vector game or bitmap game? Because I'm fine with either but I don't really want it to be half vector and half bitmap; that get's messy very quickly…

G_A_C
Scratcher
100+ posts

chickenbomber wrote:

G_A_C wrote:

chickenbomber wrote:

Okay! But I do need to know; will this be a vector game or bitmap game? Because I'm fine with either but I don't really want it to be half vector and half bitmap; that get's messy very quickly…
I think the game will be vector. Also, if you're planning to make a character, make sure to make him/her slightly realistic in bodily size proportions.

RonTheNerd
Scratcher
1000+ posts

G_A_C wrote:

chickenbomber wrote:

G_A_C wrote:

chickenbomber wrote:

I think the game will be vector. Also, if you're planning to make a character, make sure to make him/her slightly realistic in bodily size proportions.
Yep. Vector will be best I think.

Banner by @ncro2005.
chickenbomber
Scratcher
100+ posts

RonTheNerd wrote:

G_A_C wrote:

chickenbomber wrote:

G_A_C wrote:

chickenbomber wrote:

Okay!

G_A_C
Scratcher
100+ posts

chickenbomber wrote:

RonTheNerd wrote:

G_A_C wrote:

chickenbomber wrote:

G_A_C wrote:

chickenbomber wrote:

Okay!

CoolGamesAndThings
Scratcher
100+ posts

Okay, now that we've decided on an art style, I'll start designing some levels.