Discuss Scratch

Unyxti
Scratcher
44 posts

Enhanced Games Unlimited Collaboration ~ Making Drifter!

PegasusHT wrote:

ReznorZEZ wrote:

hey there hasn't been a single post in 2 days is everyone alright?
I'm here.
just watching from the shadows
Present!

unyxti
heine
Scratcher
100+ posts

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/386152498/ Working on the mechanic for cutscenes.
StevenTheSquare
Scratcher
100+ posts

need any debugging?

Please support this suggestion for layer sensing blocks!
<<behind [sprite1 v]? :: sensing> and (layer :: looks)>
Please support this suggestion for the ability to replace bio space with projects!
Please support this suggestion for the ability to customize studio permissions!
“You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret; all the best people are.”
Need help with anything? You can totally ask me!
stay awesome :: #FF1493
Sigton
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Woah is this collab still going?

Sigton

RonTheNerd
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sigton wrote:

Woah is this collab still going?

Sigton
Not nearly as fast as we used to be, but we're still going, yes.

Banner by @ncro2005.
heine
Scratcher
100+ posts

Question: How should we deal with the parallax background in vertical levels? Should it tile in all directions like the level do now? And also, should there be a separate background without parallax for when you are inside something (for example, a house or a cave)?
coder39
Scratcher
41 posts

Name: Coder39
Job Area:Level Design, Sound effects, and Beta testing. I have dabbled in art, but I have marginal experience in the style of this game.
Interest in Collaborations: 8
What will your activity level be if you join? I am online nearly everyday, and any exceptions to that rule are in known in advance.
Are you experienced with the Scratch forums? Not really, though I've always wanted to learn.
Do you know how to snip forum posts? No
Are you following this thread? Yes
What is your main reason for wanting to join? (Answer not required, but it helps with processing your application.)
I've been part of collaborations before, and I love the feeling of cooperation and working together to create something bigger than any one individual. I love working in a group environment, and adore the atmosphere of a dedicated, passionate collab. Your work looks top-notch, and I'd love to be part of it.

when backdrop switches to [ Mcmurdo Station]
say [I'm home!!] for (pi) secs
Jimmyrooster
Scratcher
100+ posts

heine wrote:

Question: How should we deal with the parallax background in vertical levels? Should it tile in all directions like the level do now? And also, should there be a separate background without parallax for when you are inside something (for example, a house or a cave)?
For the first level, the parallax does move up and down which I quite like. I think we should enable that on other levels.

I also think we should tile vertically in some places as it looks kind of odd to have the parallax static in the y in some places (e.g. when you jump through the gap in the bridge in the jungle).

For caves I was they have a background but it moves with the cave. Like it Terraria: https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/terraria_gamepedia/3/31/Valid_House_Door.png?version=2f13696d1949f29dfc4172291e0e3fd1

Remember, we live in a bread based economy.
-Them

That's exciting!
-Jimmyrooster
heine
Scratcher
100+ posts

Jimmyrooster wrote:

heine wrote:

For the first level, the parallax does move up and down which I quite like. I think we should enable that on other levels.

I also think we should tile vertically in some places as it looks kind of odd to have the parallax static in the y in some places (e.g. when you jump through the gap in the bridge in the jungle).

For caves I was they have a background but it moves with the cave. Like it Terraria: https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/terraria_gamepedia/3/31/Valid_House_Door.png?version=2f13696d1949f29dfc4172291e0e3fd1
That would work. I’ll try and implement it in the next test.
RonTheNerd
Scratcher
1000+ posts

coder39 wrote:

Name: Coder39
Job Area:Level Design, Sound effects, and Beta testing. I have dabbled in art, but I have marginal experience in the style of this game.
Interest in Collaborations: 8
What will your activity level be if you join? I am online nearly everyday, and any exceptions to that rule are in known in advance.
Are you experienced with the Scratch forums? Not really, though I've always wanted to learn.
Do you know how to snip forum posts? No
Are you following this thread? Yes
What is your main reason for wanting to join? (Answer not required, but it helps with processing your application.)
I've been part of collaborations before, and I love the feeling of cooperation and working together to create something bigger than any one individual. I love working in a group environment, and adore the atmosphere of a dedicated, passionate collab. Your work looks top-notch, and I'd love to be part of it.
Accepted!

Banner by @ncro2005.
Unyxti
Scratcher
44 posts

Is there any art I can contribute?

unyxti
Jimmyrooster
Scratcher
100+ posts

Unyxti wrote:

Is there any art I can contribute?
We could do with a few more levels.

Remember, we live in a bread based economy.
-Them

That's exciting!
-Jimmyrooster
Oceanboy98
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hi! Sorry I haven't been on for the past few weeks but is there a new version that I can look at?
heine
Scratcher
100+ posts

heine wrote:

Jimmyrooster wrote:

heine wrote:

That would work. I’ll try and implement it in the next test.
Done. https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/391484080/
Tropic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hmm… is there any activity on this anymore?

My browser / operating system: Windows NT 10.0, Firefox 40.0.2, Flash 20.0 (release 0)
Last eaten by Evil Kumquat (Today 19:30:11)
when I receive [flash_player_version] :: motion
say [Windows 7, Flash 15.0 (release 0)] :: sensing
stop script :: custom
Tropical Productions
BearSlothCoding
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Wow, I need to be more active on this. Next time a new version comes out, I'll do my job and test it.

Tropic wrote:

Kinda.
RonTheNerd
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BearSlothCoding wrote:

Wow, I need to be more active on this. Next time a new version comes out, I'll do my job and test it.

Tropic wrote:

Kinda.
Well, some but not much…

Banner by @ncro2005.
CyrusTheNiceGuy
Scratcher
100+ posts

Ron has told me that this project is pretty much dead
I MIGHT BE WRONG!
IF anyone is still going for this project, please leave a post. Thanks!

Siggy image made by -@clove
heine
Scratcher
100+ posts

CyrusTheNiceGuy wrote:

Ron has told me that this project is pretty much dead
I MIGHT BE WRONG!
IF anyone is still going for this project, please leave a post. Thanks!
I'm all for keeping this alive. I haven't worked on it lately simply because I can't design and draw the levels myself and that's what needs to be done right now.
PegasusHT
Scratcher
500+ posts

lets keep this alive! i know I haven't really contributed at all yet, but i still want to help ^^

;