Discuss Scratch

TenType
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch Wiki Community Portal - in the forums!

bgvikings08 wrote:

but there have been some
Could you name some?
Removed Pac-man Project and kaj articles don't count, btw. There were big discussions about those two.

TenType
Experienced Wikian and active contributor in the Scratch Wiki
2488 contributions! as of 3/14/21
My Profile | My Userpage | My Contributions | Evil Kumquat Noises
TenType
Scratcher
100+ posts

SHUTUPCORL wrote:

Hello! i have been seeing some people saying bad things about people and i am not quit sure who those people are cause i dont save it but if you would like me to save their names i would be gladly to! Bye! and have a nice day!
If they are being disrespectful to users on Scratch, report them!

TenType
TenType
Scratcher
100+ posts

codebot22 wrote:

I have a project, and I'll give you the link a little later. But it has a bug. I'll show you how to get to the bug, go onto the game and tap one of those clue circles. Then, a bar should appear soon after that. Press space to throw the pokeball. If you press the button on green it is supposed to move straight forward. Instead, it curves in an odd way. Could you help me? Here's the link: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/365199377
Could you post that in the Bugs and Glitches section of the forum? Thanks!

TenType
NYCDOT
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TechTeacherWCEC wrote:

Hey Everyone,

I am looking to add existing profiles to a classroom and if I understand correctly I can only add new profiles or send a link to a student to create anew profile. In my class a number of them already have profiles and would like to continue using their current profile to be a part of the class

As stated above, a student can only be part of one class and has to create separate accounts for others. Please be sure the next time you have a question, ask it in the Questions about Scratch forum by creating a new topic!

SHUTUPCORL wrote:

Hello! i have been seeing some people saying bad things about people and i am not quit sure who those people are cause i dont save it but if you would like me to save their names i would be gladly to! Bye! and have a nice day!

If you see comments, projects, or topics going against the Community Guidelines, be sure to report it.

ACTIVE TO JULY 4, 2022 | 1080/1500 Posts!
LET'S GO METS
bgvikings08
Scratcher
100+ posts

TenType wrote:

bgvikings08 wrote:

but there have been some
Could you name some?
Removed Pac-man Project and kaj articles don't count, btw. There were big discussions about those two.
Nevermind. I thought you meant that there werent supposed to be user's projects shown in it

minor-edit
Scratcher
500+ posts

minor-edit wrote:

Hi,

For the cloud data article, can “number-containing” be added before “variables” so that it reads

Cloud data is a feature that allows users to store number-containing variables “in the cloud,” or on the server.

This is important for someone learning about cloud variables to know right away because normal Scratch variables can contain both letters and numbers. But cloud variables can store only numbers.

Thank you.
Bump.

John Conway

☁️

• ω •

HSL and RGB levels

Whoops! Our server is Scratch'ing its head
We couldn't find the page you're looking for. Check to make sure you've typed the url correctly.
You can try searching for what you're looking for here:
Search
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ 404 ┻━┻ ╰(°□°╰)

these blocks have been hidden for your safety

scroll around the scripting area while holding a block of code.
hi
necroposting is allowed on the Suggestions forum for comments relevant to the discussion
kenny2scratch
Scratcher
500+ posts

SHUTUPCORL wrote:

If people are being mean, report it. If reporting doesn't provide enough context, use Contact Us. In either case, here is not the right place.

post brought to you by the preview links bug and previously the uploads site bug. 看一下中文 Scratch 維基想參加?請參考這頁
Join the Scratch Wiki!
Made by Scratchers, for Scratchers, since December 6, 2008

Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hello! I was told that this is the place to request a Scratch Wiki change. If I'm in the right place, then I would like to request a change in this article: https://en.scratch-wiki.info/wiki/Scratch_Mentors

Specifically, I would like the following quote changed (near the top of the article):
Currently, the Scratch Mentors program is winding down and is not as active as it was before.
I would like this to be rephrased in such a way that makes it clear that the Scratch Mentors program is actually retired, and not merely “winding down.” Indeed, the Scratch Mentors program no longer exists, and I believe this should be made clear to minimize confusion. Someone commented on my profile a week ago asking how the program could be made more popular — and it's not going to be, since it was officially retired.

You can see some recent comments on @P110's profile which confirms this.

Thank you for reading!

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.

I was a Scratch Team member from May 10th 2019 to October 29th 2021. I reached 20,000 forum posts on June 24th 2024.

my notebook | scratch team essay | accessibility essay
TenType
Scratcher
100+ posts

Za-Chary wrote:

Hello! I was told that this is the place to request a Scratch Wiki change. If I'm in the right place, then I would like to request a change in this article: https://en.scratch-wiki.info/wiki/Scratch_Mentors

Specifically, I would like the following quote changed (near the top of the article):
Currently, the Scratch Mentors program is winding down and is not as active as it was before.
I would like this to be rephrased in such a way that makes it clear that the Scratch Mentors program is actually retired, and not merely “winding down.” Indeed, the Scratch Mentors program no longer exists, and I believe this should be made clear to minimize confusion. Someone commented on my profile a week ago asking how the program could be made more popular — and it's not going to be, since it was officially retired.

You can see some recent comments on @P110's profile which confirms this.

Thank you for reading!
Updated, thanks for letting us know!

TenType
TenType
Scratcher
100+ posts

minor-edit wrote:

minor-edit wrote:

Hi,

For the cloud data article, can “number-containing” be added before “variables” so that it reads

Cloud data is a feature that allows users to store number-containing variables “in the cloud,” or on the server.

This is important for someone learning about cloud variables to know right away because normal Scratch variables can contain both letters and numbers. But cloud variables can store only numbers.

Thank you.
Bump.
Updated, thank you!

TenType
NilsTheBest
Scratcher
1000+ posts

reposting because somehow my post didn't get posted :(

Heads up, “as of February 10th 2020” sounds misleading to me because it could either mean that the program was shut down on February 10th (which can't possibly be the case - P110 said “Scratch mentors has sort of been discontinued by the Scratch team” during May 2019, at least nine months ago, so the program can't have been shut down later than 2019), or it could imply that it was already the case before which is definitely more likely, but it's still unclear when it was discontinued.

I think it's a safer action that we remove the date and rather only mention that it was discontinued by the Scratch Team several years ago, it may not be very accurate but it still aligns with @Za-Chary's statement to make it clear that it no longer exists.

NilsTheChair | 5 years on Scratch | 4000+ posts | former wiki editor | 332nd FPC | CoR founder
kenny2scratch
Scratcher
500+ posts

NilsTheBest wrote:

reposting because somehow my post didn't get posted :(

Heads up, “as of February 10th 2020” sounds misleading to me because it could either mean that the program was shut down on February 10th (which can't possibly be the case - P110 said “Scratch mentors has sort of been discontinued by the Scratch team” during May 2019, at least nine months ago, so the program can't have been shut down later than 2019), or it could imply that it was already the case before which is definitely more likely, but it's still unclear when it was discontinued.

I think it's a safer action that we remove the date and rather only mention that it was discontinued by the Scratch Team several years ago, it may not be very accurate but it still aligns with @Za-Chary's statement to make it clear that it no longer exists.
I've reworded it so that it says it was confirmed to be retired on Feb 10, rather than actually retired then.

post brought to you by the preview links bug and previously the uploads site bug. 看一下中文 Scratch 維基想參加?請參考這頁
Join the Scratch Wiki!
Made by Scratchers, for Scratchers, since December 6, 2008

minor-edit
Scratcher
500+ posts

On Set Pen () to () (block) the set pen block should have the first input changed to ().

John Conway

☁️

• ω •

HSL and RGB levels

Whoops! Our server is Scratch'ing its head
We couldn't find the page you're looking for. Check to make sure you've typed the url correctly.
You can try searching for what you're looking for here:
Search
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ 404 ┻━┻ ╰(°□°╰)

these blocks have been hidden for your safety

scroll around the scripting area while holding a block of code.
hi
necroposting is allowed on the Suggestions forum for comments relevant to the discussion
TenType
Scratcher
100+ posts

minor-edit wrote:

On Set Pen () to () (block) the set pen block should have the first input changed to ().
Updated, thank you!

TenType
Springtrapjustin
Scratcher
1 post

Could the owners of Scratch make it to where all Scratchers could have private chats among 2 or more people?
Reason: Because what if there are two people that have no way of contacting each other, but yet they both have Scratch accounts?
I have this exact problem and I have been wondering if they could make this happen. Please?
dbq3-50
Scratcher
7 posts

Yes! That would be amazing!
apple502j
Scratcher
1000+ posts

This is not a place for suggestion. Please use Suggestions forum.
Also, you should take a look at the list of Frequently Rejected Suggestions on the Scratch Wiki, which contains why private messaging is rejected

署名は、ディスカッションフォーラムの機能である。署名は、その人のすべての投稿の下部に追加される。署名は、BBCodeで記述できる。 署名を追加/変更/削除したい場合は、ディスカッションフォーラムのホームの一番下に行き、「Change your signature」を押す。署名の大きさは150pxまでである。これには、改行、画像を含む。- Japanese Scratch-Wiki 「署名
15howarthlew
Scratcher
24 posts

How do you create a user page?
Is there anything special you have to do to the title other than just “User:” before the username?

HELLO SCRATCH
jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

15howarthlew wrote:

How do you create a user page?
Is there anything special you have to do to the title other than just “User:” before the username?
That's all you have to do. You can alternatively click your username in the top right then click the first item in the list and it will take you right there.

Professional web developer and lead engineer on the Scratch Wiki
Maybe the Scratch Team isn't so badWhy the April Fools' Day forum didn't work last year
Exsnailabur
Scratcher
38 posts

Make a page on how to make an endless runner.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
The cow goes moo
NOW JUST FOLLOW ME ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
broadcast [FOLLOW]

YA YEET