Discuss Scratch

Haleyhalinh
Scratcher
33 posts

Scratch Wiki Community Portal - in the forums!

tuti-2022 wrote:

lilykat0-0 wrote:

I would like to request the page about Scratchtober on the wiki
wow
How do you do that

Haley Ha Linh
Click the image to redirect to my Carrd!
tuti-2022
Scratcher
15 posts

Haleyhalinh wrote:

tuti-2022 wrote:

lilykat0-0 wrote:

I would like to request the page about Scratchtober on the wiki
wow
How do you do that
I'm asking
themasterofmario16
Scratcher
46 posts

I need help signing in it won't work
tuti-2022
Scratcher
15 posts

themasterofmario16 wrote:

What are you logging in?
jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

themasterofmario16 wrote:

You need to request an account.

jvvg
Professional web developer who first learned programming in Scratch
Administrator and lead engineer on the Scratch Wiki
JessK100
Scratcher
40 posts

PoIygon wrote:

Za-Chary wrote:

dhuls wrote:

PoIygon wrote:

instead about talking about studios. how about remove the history from the scratch team page before the last name update because now i know za-chary's last name and many other st members last names too.
They'll probably keep it until an ST member asks them to keep it. If they do, they'll delete/hide the revisions.
I will say that we are collectively uncomfortable with those last names being displayed. If there is a way to remove them, we would appreciate it if they were removed. Unfortunately, I don't think we can really enforce this, to my knowledge.
is sharing which collage you went to personal info?

if it is personal info then im just gonna stop searching stuff up.

oh wait theres a book about zoe???
If you aren't in the collage anymore than it's ok.
when green flag clicked
if <you still go there> then

you can't say

else
You can say
end

else

end

Last edited by JessK100 (Oct. 5, 2021 17:36:11)

bolleddunirvi
Scratcher
15 posts

well..I am thinking that how to…block users on scratch? I mean for example, ( I do not want to let someone go to my profile, go to the studios I host etc. so, I right click on that person's profile and block them only for me!) So people can avoid bullies you know. (Only making a suggestion)
TheGlassPenguin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bolleddunirvi wrote:

well..I am thinking that how to…block users on scratch? I mean for example, ( I do not want to let someone go to my profile, go to the studios I host etc. so, I right click on that person's profile and block them only for me!) So people can avoid bullies you know. (Only making a suggestion)
You can’t block users, and adding the feature to do so is rejected by the Scratch Team:

TOLORS wrote:

8.6 Blocking or ignoring Scratchers
This suggestion refers to an optional system that makes it so that you do not have to see comments that a particular user posts. This feature existed in Scratch 1.4, but the Scratch Team found that it buried any problems rather than solving them. Even if you block a user, that does not stop them from harassing other Scratchers. If someone is being disrespectful, be sure to report that user with the Report button, or use the Contact Us link if the situation requires more explanation.

However, a system to block users while simultaneously reporting them is NOT rejected; you can discuss them on this topic.

MrPennfield
New to Scratch
7 posts

Hi!

One of my students became a editor on the wiki a few months back. They would like to upload an image, but it doesn't seem to work. Could someone provide a short tutorial?

Thanks!
ahmetlii
Scratcher
500+ posts

MrPennfield wrote:

Hi!

One of my students became a editor on the wiki a few months back. They would like to upload an image, but it doesn't seem to work. Could someone provide a short tutorial?

Thanks!
Hello, unfortunately the Scratch Wiki is currently not having any tutorial pages about uploading as far as I am aware, but I will do my best to explain:
  • The user should go to Special:Upload
    And then select the file (but please keep the restrictions in the mind, unfortunately the wiki does not allow files bigger than 1920x1280px and over 200KB, resize your file if it's bigger than those limits.) Also worth noting, it's not possible to upload an image without putting a category or description text (I suggest to write a simple text about what the file represents/what it is for and then put a category like
    [[Category:Users' Images]]
    or
    [[Category:Scratch]]
    ).
    That's it, they should see a confirmation about the file was uploaded. If they didn't and instead got an error which disallows to upload, please paste the error either here or the Community Portal on Wiki, I and fellow Wikians would do their best to help about it.

Last edited by ahmetlii (Oct. 6, 2021 18:37:07)

Türkçe Scratch Viki'ye katılın!
Türk Scratch'çiler için Türk Scratch'çiler yapıyor.

Roloker
Scratcher
60 posts

Umm I didn’t read what kenny2scratch said. Hold on.

This is my signature

This is my signature, every time when I post it will appear.

Nice….. but still no.

Oh yes! Right!
Anay999
Scratcher
1 post

to difficult to log in

say [to difficult to log in] for (2) secs] 

[quote]to difficult to log in.
tuti-2022
Scratcher
15 posts

WHY
windows11microsoft
Scratcher
60 posts

tell me how to make voice chat
(voice)
Haleyhalinh
Scratcher
33 posts

I'd like a feature that allows multiple people to code in a same project
when green flag clicked
say [I want that] for (0.3) secs
broadcast [ Allowance] and wait
when I receive [ Allowance]
if <allowed> then

say [Yay] for (3) secs

else
say [Why not] for (1) secs

Last edited by Haleyhalinh (Oct. 8, 2021 08:30:42)

Haley Ha Linh
Click the image to redirect to my Carrd!
TheGlassPenguin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Haleyhalinh wrote:

I'd like a feature that allows multiple people to code in a same project
Rejected by the Scratch Team:

TOLORS wrote:

2.1 Adding users to work on projects
Having multiple Scratchers work on the same project would be difficult to moderate not only due to technological limitations but also because it could lead to private messaging; for more information, see #7.1 on this list. This suggestion includes live editing (similar to Google Docs) and other forms of private collaboration. If you would like to work on a project with another Scratcher, you can remix each others' projects.

At the moment, a turn-based collaboration system for shared projects is NOT rejected; you can discuss it on this topic.

mar4343
Scratcher
100+ posts

i joined on scratch 3.0 and alot of scratchers were talking about scratch 2.0 being better than scratch 3.0 so maybe add a feature that lets you go back to scratch 2.0 or scratch 3.0 when ever you like cuz i never knew what scratch 2.0 was like

highlight my siggy and then press shift+down
<v_v :: pen> <O_O ::looks> <*_* :: events> <@_@ :: sensing> // these are my kumquat protectors

<v_v :: pen> <O_O ::looks> <*_* :: events> <@_@ :: sensing> >:) :: variables reporter // oh no a evil kumquat came

<v_v :: pen hat> <O_O ::looks hat> <*_* :: events hat> <@_@ :: sensing hat> ( :/) // HA they transformed into hat blocks

<v_v :: pen hat> <O_O ::looks hat> <*_* :: events hat> <@_@ :: sensing hat> >:) :: variables hat // oh no

<v_v :: pen hat> <O_O ::looks hat> <X_X :: events hat> <X_X :: sensing hat> >:[*parts of my siggy here*] :: variables hat

<v_v :: pen hat> <O_O ::looks hat> <X_X :: events hat> <X_X :: sensing hat> > >:) :: variables hat // OMG MY SIGGY!

<v_v :: pen hat> <O_O ::looks hat> <X_X :: events hat> <X_X :: sensing hat> >:) :: variables hat // back off

// huh? who was that?

<@greenFlag _ @greenFlag> :( :: variables hat // HA its green flaga

<@greenFlag _ @greenFlag> X-X :: variables hat // yay! he killed the evil kumquat!

TheGlassPenguin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

mar4343 wrote:

i joined on scratch 3.0 and alot of scratchers were talking about scratch 2.0 being better than scratch 3.0 so maybe add a feature that lets you go back to scratch 2.0 or scratch 3.0 when ever you like cuz i never knew what scratch 2.0 was like
Rejected by the Scratch Team:

TOLORS wrote:

2.4 Revert back to older versions of the Scratch editor
The Scratch editor has to update sometimes to accommodate certain changes. In particular, an online editor that ran off of Adobe Flash (rather than Java) was added in the Scratch 2.0 editor, and the Scratch 3.0 editor was created for tablet support and in anticipation of the discontinuation of Flash. Changing the editor back to these older versions would not only undo years of hard work by the Scratch Team, but they also might not work online anymore. If you wish, you can download the Scratch 1.4 and Scratch 2.0 offline editors.

The Scratch Team is still working on bug fixes, new features, and other improvements on the Scratch 3.0 editor. The new interface was created in such a way that it is easy for the Scratch Team to keep working on improvements. The Scratch Team will continue to evaluate constructive feedback on how they could improve upon the current Scratch editor.

Ryan101023
Scratcher
9 posts

I have the problem with the thumbnail too…

—– —–
_____

★Just Reached 100★Walker Fan!★Pokefan★
★★★Play Edu Minecraft?★★★

when green flag clicked
forever
Make Cool Projects!
end
SchoolCatProgramer
Scratcher
12 posts

How to make a self generating text