Discuss Scratch

DogQueenGirl
Scratcher
100+ posts

studio for pointless rants manager discussion

maybe keep the relevant projects part? we've gotten a few rulebreakers on that before
CatCraze
Scratcher
54 posts

TheEnderQueen wrote:

“dont be hateful” (community guidelines), “only add relevant projects” is a given; and “try to limit the length of quote and convos” shouldnt be in the “to become a manager” bc you dont get the opportunity 4 quotes until you ARE manager
yeah sure! it'll make our description a lot shorter too

Click to go to my profile!
Cachhupin
Scratcher
66 posts

Better to keep them so whenever someone does break the rules we can refer to them so that they don’t have a excuse.
Not like we’ll actually do anything, but it’s a friendly community so I’m sure they’ll understand.

Abstract-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Cachhupin wrote:

Better to keep them so whenever someone does break the rules we can refer to them so that they don’t have a excuse.
Not like we’ll actually do anything, but it’s a friendly community so I’m sure they’ll understand.
We could reference the Community Guidelines though.

Last edited by Abstract- (March 15, 2018 23:59:25)

Cachhupin
Scratcher
66 posts

Alright, just an idea. I know in America the political tension tends to be really high during some of the most important debates of the year, and especially in Pointless Rants, I see the studio blow up with panic/discussion and that kind of stuff. Do you guys want to make a sister studio (assuming Politics don’t violate the guidelines) that would kind of serve as an area to vent about that kind of stuff/general debate studio. Etc, studio for debates/political discussions. It’d sort of be interesting to read the debates and chip in as long as it remains civil, and both studios would be affiliated.
It’s pretty evident as well by the collection of feminism or equality projects in the studio that some people like to talk about that stuff, so I suppose it might be a sort of cool addition.
We’d have rules and such, the general thumbnail and description of the studio would be similar to Pointless Rants, and the tone might be a weenie bit more serious, but I guess some people might like that.

I’ll take suggestions depending on the responses to this idea. I’m not gonna get ahead of myself but I think it’d be cool to have a fun studio and a more theme based studio. I’ve obviously got other priorities I’d like to do before I leave, etc improvements to Pointless Rants, but give in suggestions.

P.s, if you’re already a manager in Pointless Rants you’ll have that role there too if you choose
Also if someone here is wondering what a sister studio is, it’s affiliated with another but it’s got a different theme all together.

chloriine
Scratcher
68 posts

nah itll get taken down, sfpr is already marked as nfe

when i first had a signature, i used to make it on my own posts, instead of doing this because i couldn't find it
Abstract-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

It'll just end up separating the Studio for Pointless Rants. Some people will just leave for the other studio. It'll also make people feel like they can't rant seriously in the existing studio. I think we should leave it the way it is.
pianogirl84
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I like the idea but I agree that it’d make the original studio seem less serious I feel like it’d become hard to control too, especially if people don’t follow the whole “be civil and respectful” thing.

if you're seeing this bc you're reading one of my old posts, i'm so sorry

i’m also @holoitsnatalie and @aesthetes on here
DogQueenGirl
Scratcher
100+ posts

I pretty much agree with the others. It sounds like it would get taken down (though it *would* be cool), and… pretty much what Abstract said too.
Cachhupin
Scratcher
66 posts

Abstract- wrote:

It'll just end up separating the Studio for Pointless Rants. Some people will just leave for the other studio. It'll also make people feel like they can't rant seriously in the existing studio. I think we should leave it the way it is.
The whole point isn’t to seperate, it’s so that people have a area to debate.
I’ve never seen someone leave a studio for another, like not even under rivalries. It’s just one studio is the community’s one, and if you want to make a point/have a discussion (which inside Pointless Rants, would be ironic) then you can have one there.
Besides, it’s the same community. There’s no advantage to moving, and it’d see less usage than stpr.

pianogirl84 wrote:

I like the idea but I agree that it’d make the original studio seem less serious I feel like it’d become hard to control too, especially if people don’t follow the whole “be civil and respectful” thing.
Yeah, I mean, I couldn’t figure out how we’d control it. My only 2 inputs are that, 1) I think a vast majority of scratch users care too much about the Ban hammer to not be civil, and 2) it’s a kids website, I doubt any angry kid has a good enough insult for another, rude or not.
I don’t think it’d delegitimise the seriousness of the other studio either, just ones for pointless stuff and the other is with points.

chloriine wrote:

nah itll get taken down, sfpr is already marked as nfe
Depends on how far people are willing to go. Some topics might need to be restricted but in terms as a discussion studio, there’s very little reasons that they could ban it unless we were planning the fall of scratch. Also remember, stpr got marked as nfe for political mention and discussion, I’m just suggesting to move that aspect into another studio or a more topic themed one, at least.

DogQueenGirl wrote:

I pretty much agree with the others. It sounds like it would get taken down (though it *would* be cool), and… pretty much what Abstract said too.
Sfpr got marked NFE because people ranted about political powerheads like trump. That stuff is given a strict no no and it was because people overexpressed a negative opinion on the time of his election. Assuming that didn’t happen, then the studio wouldn’t have been marked for NFE. It’d be no different to any LGBTQ studio, discussions studio, or community ones. They don’t take down Studios for small stuff. Only when people go nuts in a comment section. I found out recently that the same thing happened to a old studio I was in for the same reasons.

chloriine
Scratcher
68 posts

Cachhupin wrote:

Depends on how far people are willing to go. Some topics might need to be restricted but in terms as a discussion studio, there’s very little reasons that they could ban it unless we were planning the fall of scratch. Also remember, stpr got marked as nfe for political mention and discussion, I’m just suggesting to move that aspect into another studio or a more topic themed one, at least.
it's not going to be unmarked so whats the point, plus there's already several studios for that
and thought it got marked before trump became a huge thing? idk

also ive seen studios crash and burn which has resulted in it getting deleted, me and a couple friends getting banned, etc. i guess thats not important but its sad to see them go but it wasn't because of Trump? fhsdfjkdshfjkshfkjshdfjkshf

do what you want i guess it'll just split the studio whether people want it to or not.

Last edited by chloriine (March 16, 2018 01:12:21)

when i first had a signature, i used to make it on my own posts, instead of doing this because i couldn't find it
star-kwafie
Scratcher
7 posts

i personally don't like the idea so much. most debate studios, from what i've seen, just turn into a mess. never underestimate the power of angry kids to say get into heated arguments and insult each other (i have first-hand experience with this). do what you want but i will absolutely not be joining.

Star Kwafie | Reality is for people who can't handle science fiction.
CatCraze
Scratcher
54 posts

I also don't like the idea, and I generally like how the current studio is mostly casual but also sometimes dips into the more serious side. Also, I feel like if we did this, only one studio would thrive and the other would be mostly silent.

Click to go to my profile!
olivegranger
Scratcher
100+ posts

i would be fine either way, but i just don’t think it’s necessary. like people rant about political things a little but it very rarely turns into debates or anything. i just don’t think it’s as big of a deal as we keep thinking it is.

hey sup fam
DogQueenGirl
Scratcher
100+ posts

Even if it's a bunch of kids on the studio…won't they still get angry? Even if there's just a few insults, I'm afraid it'll hurt the community.
enigmatic-
Scratcher
500+ posts

i'm not sure - it could be a nice idea, but people are going to get too angry. i've seen that that's the issue with a lot of debate studios.
i like thinking that our studio is for all kinds of rants (so not just pointless). there isn't really a problem with people ranting or sometimes debating about serious stuff, but if it gets out of hand, another studio can be made. it just doesn't seem like an issue now.

Last edited by enigmatic- (March 16, 2018 10:16:12)

yo
Grash
Scratcher
59 posts

from experience, debates can really get personal, especially in the scratch community. (+ i'm piggybacking on everything that everyone else has said) better to avoid that. however, there are some good things that could come out of making this studio, but honestly the negatives just outweigh them…

-Grasharino
wWSunPandaWw
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Oh dear gosh, what to say, where to start (how to write with my tired bean mind)…

As many others have mentioned, I do agree that it could easily be taken down because sfpr is already NFE because of politics (even though that's not the main theme of the studio), so if we make an entirely different one just for politics, then that would probably get taken down.
I also feel like some people would intimidated (I don't think that's the right word…) by having to rant about politics somewhere else, where less people would be watching, since a lot of our curators are inactive and those who are might not want to get into discussions and debates about politics. So for those who do rant, there won't be a lot of people agreeing/debating with them on the subject, since others don't want to get into politics at all.
But those who want nothing to do with politics would feel a bit happier and safer with the fact that the studio has been cleaned out of all politics.
Also, what Grash said:

Grash wrote:

from experience, debates can really get personal, especially in the scratch community. (+ i'm piggybacking on everything that everyone else has said) better to avoid that. however, there are some good things that could come out of making this studio, but honestly the negatives just outweigh them…
So, I suppose not. I don't want to outlaw politics entirely, since doing so would kind of exterminate the “Feel free to rant about anything”motto, but politics, sometimes, are not an okay subject for Scratch, and even though sfpr is harder to find because it's marked NFE, people can still find it in studio lists, and a lot of famous people curate/follow the studio, eg, ExperienceSea, Oceantic, D_i_a_v_l_o, IsIand, etc, so the community can still find a lot of politics there.

I moved to BelieverGirlSun
-Galaxydust-
Scratcher
100+ posts

I disagree with the separate studio thing. It sounds like it could be a good idea, but I just don't see it working out. I don't think that the studio is needed. I can see us using it for the first month, but after that, just abandoning it.

Why
chloriine
Scratcher
68 posts

ive seen people try and split studios before, very briefly a major studio i was in had a side chat– it only lasted days