im unfollowinggggg i keep getting notifs
rip im sorry

chloriine
Scratcher
68 posts

studio for pointless rants manager discussion

CatCraze wrote:

All of you have such big post counts… and then there's mine xD

All of mine are from 2 years ago or something, but I don't even remember why I would go on the forums then in first place.

edit: my signature is so old xD
scrub

when i first had a signature, i used to make it on my own posts, instead of doing this because i couldn't find it
Cachhupin
Scratcher
66 posts

I hope this forum burns to the ground

Cachhupin
Scratcher
66 posts

Jk good job team new filter system on Facebook today

Cachhupin
Scratcher
66 posts

Desc wise I don’t think it’s necessary to change it. It’s been literally been the same for 1 year except quotes and rules have been added and removed. I think we need to discuss what’s actually makes a manager a manager and what circumstances to add new ones. I always assumed managers were just people on a general consensus that were trusted, they didn’t have any obligation to stay active (saving my *) nor was there a limit to them. I imagine that’s what wwt would have wanted.

olivegranger
Scratcher
100+ posts

honestly i don’t really care. i like how the studio is currently, not having too many rules or being too formal and uptight like a lot of other studios. i always thought managers were just people who were on a lot and followed the few rules, and that once you were a manager there was no obligation whatsoever to continue being active, it was more just a sign that you had been around for a while. that totally could just be what i think tho.

Last edited by olivegranger (Feb. 25, 2018 01:29:45)

hey sup fam
chloriine
Scratcher
68 posts

Cachhupin wrote:

I hope this forum burns to the ground
dude me too

when i first had a signature, i used to make it on my own posts, instead of doing this because i couldn't find it
-Galaxydust-
Scratcher
100+ posts

Wow, I'm here. Everyone's complaining about their awful signatures and I haven't been here in so long that I forgot what mine even is. It's either a bunch of random advertisements for my stuff or a really corny joke. Anyway, I feel like we might forget this forum exists at some point.

Why
-Galaxydust-
Scratcher
100+ posts

Cachhupin wrote:

Desc wise I don’t think it’s necessary to change it. It’s been literally been the same for 1 year except quotes and rules have been added and removed. I think we need to discuss what’s actually makes a manager a manager and what circumstances to add new ones. I always assumed managers were just people on a general consensus that were trusted, they didn’t have any obligation to stay active (saving my *) nor was there a limit to them. I imagine that’s what wwt would have wanted.

I agree, but everyone has been changing it a lot over the past week and I feel like we need to agree on some things.

Why
DogQueenGirl
Scratcher
100+ posts

eh, i think the description's fine (i read it over today). but if anyone has a different opinion, just bring it up ig? :v

I don't like the idea of keeping an amount of managers constant; there might not always be a suitable person

Last edited by DogQueenGirl (Feb. 25, 2018 04:36:27)

-Galaxydust-
Scratcher
100+ posts

DogQueenGirl wrote:

eh, i think the description's fine (i read it over today). but if anyone has a different opinion, just bring it up ig? :v

I don't like the idea of keeping an amount of managers constant; there might not always be a suitable person

Me neither. The whole manager thing was only put in place for when a bunch of people were promoted and a few of the managers were a bit worried. I think we can trust each other I understanding when we should promote people.

Why
enigmatic-
Scratcher
500+ posts

what happened to the rule about replying to two rants every time you post one? i think that's pretty important

yo
TheEnderQueen
Scratcher
500+ posts

should we, like, actually talk about changing the description now? Oh oop I didn't see second page lol I'm dumb

Last edited by TheEnderQueen (Feb. 25, 2018 14:57:35)

TheEnderQueen
Scratcher
500+ posts

in my opinion, we have too many rules, and some could probably be replaced with “follow the community guidelines”, even though that's already a rule. the rules for this studio should be specific for the studio only, “don't be hateful”is somewhere in the guidelines already (i think)

olivegranger
Scratcher
100+ posts

enigmatic- wrote:

what happened to the rule about replying to two rants every time you post one? i think that's pretty important

really? i feel like most people, including myself, don't really pay much attention to it? i feel like if we made sure people paid attention to it, there would just be a lot of forced replies that don't add very much to the studio. obv people should reply to things as well and not just rant, but i don't really think it's much of a problem? like just reply to things when you relate or have something to add/contribute and rant when you have something to rant about.

-Galaxydust- wrote:

DogQueenGirl wrote:

Me neither. The whole manager thing was only put in place for when a bunch of people were promoted and a few of the managers were a bit worried. I think we can trust each other I understanding when we should promote people.

i completely agree. being a manager just shows that you've been around and active to me, at least. i don't think we should put to much weight on being a manager. besides, we still have way more curators than managers. i like having the “anyone can be curator and there's no obligation to be active” vibe.

hey sup fam
star-kwafie
Scratcher
7 posts

yo here i am… i never use the forums rip

i pretty much agree with what's been said before… i think we should promote people who are active and helpful, and not worry too much about having too many managers or having inactive managers. i've been the creator of / a manager of many large studios, and that policy has always worked for me in the past

Star Kwafie | Reality is for people who can't handle science fiction.
chloriine
Scratcher
68 posts

olivegranger wrote:

enigmatic- wrote:

really? i feel like most people, including myself, don't really pay much attention to it? i feel like if we made sure people paid attention to it, there would just be a lot of forced replies that don't add very much to the studio. obv people should reply to things as well and not just rant, but i don't really think it's much of a problem? like just reply to things when you relate or have something to add/contribute and rant when you have something to rant about.

ive never payed attention to it after i became manager for the first time, and that was when i was like, 9-10, nowadays i dont really care either.
i think people in general should reply more than they rant, but the exact 2:1 ratio shouldn't be enforced

TheEnderQueen wrote:

in my opinion, we have too many rules, and some could probably be replaced with “follow the community guidelines”, even though that's already a rule. the rules for this studio should be specific for the studio only, “don't be hateful”is somewhere in the guidelines already (i think)
they're more like guidelines anyways, nobody really listens to them - at that point just have it be by “community guidellines” and common sense would work and just get rid of rules entirely (though that may cause havoc)

Last edited by chloriine (Feb. 25, 2018 18:10:17)

Cachhupin
Scratcher
66 posts

A lot of new members don't bother to check or follow the rules. We've explicitly stated not to backtalk and some people do it anyway. For that reason I'd make it more apparent or easier to see so that they don't make the same mistake. As for Scratch community guidelines, I don't remember any of them, and nor would I be bothered to check them, so likewise I don't think we need to abolish rules.

Managers wise. I don't think we should turn into one of those studios that promotes one kid who comments every 20 seconds on another rant for a period of 2 months. I feel it needs to be someone who needs to be trusted; aka someone who's been around long enough and shows responsibility to run a studio. When you put it into context, you could be giving a 9 year old with no sense of whats right or wrong the power to kick everyone in the studio. That could literally be the end of Pointless Rants. To become a manager in my point is void because I won't promote someone unless they are that loyal or trustable, I only kept it there after WWT's departure for; 1) Respects paid and 2) To allow the community to know it is a goal that can be got.

You've always got those kids that want a role or promotion desperately. I saw a guy try 2 years to get a studio promotion and he basically kicked everyone except the studio owner (who was inactive). Just keep that in mind. I've seen it on Twitch, Discord, Scratch, and countless others. Be careful who you guys decide to promote.

TheEnderQueen
Scratcher
500+ posts

yeah, i get your point. most of the rules are common sense, but maybe we should enforce harder the “no gossiping” rule, since the studio isn't named “the studio of gossip girls” or whatever.

enigmatic-
Scratcher
500+ posts

chloriine wrote:

olivegranger wrote:

enigmatic- wrote:

ive never payed attention to it after i became manager for the first time, and that was when i was like, 9-10, nowadays i dont really care either.
i think people in general should reply more than they rant, but the exact 2:1 ratio shouldn't be enforced
obviously an exact ratio should not be enforced, but it's important to put there that it would be nice if people replied to a few rants every time they posted one. it wouldn't exactly be a rule, now that i think about it. maybe just a suggestion? still, it would be nice just to add it back.

Cachhupin wrote:

Managers wise. I don't think we should turn into one of those studios that promotes one kid who comments every 20 seconds on another rant for a period of 2 months. I feel it needs to be someone who needs to be trusted; aka someone who's been around long enough and shows responsibility to run a studio.
i agree. i've promoted one person myself, and i really thought they would be a trustworthy manager, and they have so far. promoting someone isn't just a manager rite of passage or something like that, but it's something that should be taken seriously. currently i feel like we have enough managers, but if there's a time we need more, we need to think carefully.

yo