Discuss Scratch

KidoftheEnder45
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Furries and the Furry Fandom

DownsGameClub wrote:

KidoftheEnder45 wrote:

pinkieofthepies wrote:

why is furry speak “wike dis OwO uwu Eksdee” tbh its cringy and hard to read. i think my IQ drops a few points each time i have to read that. people probably think furries are worse than they are just because they talk like toddlers??

no shade just facts
Fantastic, we've reinforced the stereotype everyone!
Explain please? What exactly is the stereotype you are defining and how is it reinforcing that?
Okay listen. There are like two pages on this topic filled with people “talking like toddlers.” Then people come here to see that and their opinion isn't going to change.

Also, I kinda misread the OP initially.

Last edited by KidoftheEnder45 (Dec. 18, 2018 13:49:14)

KidoftheEnder45
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TheRealNetherBefore wrote:

DownsGameClub wrote:

Also, for those of us involved with the studio drama, please stop mentioning it.

This image sums up what you should really do if such a scenario occurs:

I know it's really hard to resist the urge to fight back, but it's going to leave us with a much better ending if we report then move on. There's really no need to get overly involved by commenting and it really forces us older folks to waste our time when finals are coming up.
^^^
Yep! It's also the way that gives the people doing it the least satisfaction- they often want to cause outrage and get angry responses and not giving them that is the most satisfying punishment possible.
I agree. Just ignore this type of thing and they'll be less likely to continue.

M1mikyu
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Alright so.
The one on the left was a cat and she is the good guy, the one on the right is a fox and she is the bad guy.
Though they both are kind of bad…

Also I still have to edit this drawing but I love how it looks.

Behold, Luna's Mimikyu army!! It got killed for a moment by an evil Lord Dome, but Lord Helix brought them back!!

pinkieofthepies
Scratcher
500+ posts

KidoftheEnder45 wrote:

DownsGameClub wrote:

KidoftheEnder45 wrote:

pinkieofthepies wrote:

why is furry speak “wike dis OwO uwu Eksdee” tbh its cringy and hard to read. i think my IQ drops a few points each time i have to read that. people probably think furries are worse than they are just because they talk like toddlers??

no shade just facts
Explain please? What exactly is the stereotype you are defining and how is it reinforcing that?
Okay listen. There are like two pages on this topic filled with people “talking like toddlers.” Then people come here to see that and their opinion isn't going to change.

I worded my original post badly, so that's bad on my part. I just dont get why other furries talk like 3 year olds it kinda paints us all in a bad light and tends to make people think that we're immature.

still here
KidoftheEnder45
Scratcher
1000+ posts

pinkieofthepies wrote:

KidoftheEnder45 wrote:

DownsGameClub wrote:

KidoftheEnder45 wrote:

pinkieofthepies wrote:

no shade just facts

I worded my original post badly, so that's bad on my part. I just dont get why other furries talk like 3 year olds it kinda paints us all in a bad light and tends to make people think that we're immature.
I mean, don't get me wrong, a lot of us ARE immature. I've talked to enough furries to know that. But it's ones that act like that non-stop that contribute to our bad rep.

Last edited by KidoftheEnder45 (Dec. 20, 2018 01:35:18)

pinkieofthepies
Scratcher
500+ posts

KidoftheEnder45 wrote:

I mean, don't get me wrong, a lot of us ARE immature. I've talked to enough furries to know that. But it's ones that act like that non-stop that contribute to our bad rep.
Honestly you're right about the immature thing, but most furries i know are also young kids. theres some teens or adults that act really immature, but its not as bad.

still here
heyitscrystal
Scratcher
100+ posts

SUPPORT LOCAL FURSUIT MAKERZ

HiItsCrystal
pinkieofthepies
Scratcher
500+ posts

M1mikyu wrote:

Alright so.
The one on the left was a cat and she is the good guy, the one on the right is a fox and she is the bad guy.

Thats really cute! would you mind if i drew one of them?

still here
M1mikyu
Scratcher
1000+ posts

pinkieofthepies wrote:

M1mikyu wrote:

Alright so.

Thats really cute! would you mind if i drew one of them?
Sure!
Here are their ToyHouse profiles https://toyhou.se/1556764.-shady-sunburst- https://toyhou.se/1556585.-cassette-l-meower- though Cassette’s profile is slightly outdated.

Behold, Luna's Mimikyu army!! It got killed for a moment by an evil Lord Dome, but Lord Helix brought them back!!

interesting_moon
Scratcher
75 posts

PrincessPanda_test_ wrote:

TV Tropes wrote:

Furry-o-meter
4 - One Of “Those” Furries. Includes those who get a little too in touch with their animal side (Otherkin/Lifestylers) or who bring all kinds of fetishes into the mix. Can get rather Squicky, and are often subject to ridicule or outright disgust, even by other furries.
3 - Regular Furry Fan. Roleplays, has a fursona, collects art and stories, attends cons, haunts the websites, and is generally obsessed…er, passionate about the furry world. May or may not have an anthropomorphism fetish, but otherwise “normal.”
2 - Honorary Furry Fan. Feels comfortable around them and appreciates their works, but is not very active in the community (no cosplaying, congoing, etc.)
1 - The Tangentially Related Artist. Has a non-fandom rationale behind featuring anthro characters in their works (Furries Are Easier to Draw, after all) but may still appreciate their attention, even if they think them rather odd.
0 - The Neutral. Unsure of their relationship to the Fandom, or just indifferent.
-1 - The “Mundane”. Definitely not a furry, but doesn't tend to mind them, except for those approaching type 4.
-2 - The Mildly Squicked. A little uncomfortable around furries, and may ask them to keep to themselves. Still capable of civility.
-3 - Regular Anti-Furry. Generally has a NIMBY attitude towards furries and wants them off their forums/chatrooms/other regular haunts so they don't have to deal with them.
-4 - One Of “Those” Anti-Furries. Committed Blind Basher incapable of being reasoned with. Unlike the previous category, the mere existence of furries seems to enrage them, causing them to actively seek furries out and harass them, or otherwise post malicious comments about them at every opportunity. To them, all furries are type 4, and therefore must die.

i'd say i'm a -3.5 “oh my god what are you doing on the furry topic then!!”

i hope you like my Mmes i found
TheRealNetherBefore
Scratcher
1000+ posts

interesting_moon wrote:

-snip-
i'd say i'm a -3.5 “oh my god what are you doing on the furry topic then!!”
We don't use that anymore.
(We really need the mods to remove it or something)

*Drinks ketchup*
there is no ethical consumption under capitalism my dudes
Small Games | Tips and Advice | Boredom Cat | Misc
Want to make a fantasy world everyone on scratch can use? Click here!
G'thorpax the Unspoken
heyitscrystal
Scratcher
100+ posts

yey we are back online

HiItsCrystal
SockedMonster
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Anyone here like any popufurs?

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣠⠤⠔⠒⠒⠒⠒⠒⠢⠤⢤⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⢀⠴⠊⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠲⣄⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⡰⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⢧⠀⠀
⠀⡸⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢇⠀
⠀⡇⠀⠀⠀⢀⡶⠛⣿⣷⡄⠀⠀⠀⣰⣿⠛⢿⣷⡄⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀
⠀⡇⠀⠀⠀⢸⣷⣶⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⢻⣿⣶⣿⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀
⠀⡇⠀⠀⠀⠈⠛⠻⠿⠟⠁⠀⠀⠀⠈⠛⠻⠿⠛⠁⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀
⠀⠹⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⠏⠀
⠀⠀⠈⠢⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣤⣚⡁⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⠒⢢⡤⠤⠤⠤⠤⠤⠖⠒⠒⠋⠉⠉⠀⠀⠉⠉⢦
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣀⣀⠀⠀⠀⢸
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⡇⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⣿⠀⠀⠀⣸
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢱⠀⠀⠀⢸⠘⡆⠀⠀⢸⣀⡰⠋⣆⠀⣠⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠳⠤⠤⠼⠀⠘⠤⠴⠃⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠁
heyitscrystal
Scratcher
100+ posts

SockedMonster wrote:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HiItsCrystal
TheKiingOfMuffins
Scratcher
100+ posts

Merry Christmas, everyone!

BIurriface
Scratcher
100+ posts

TheKiingOfMuffins wrote:

Merry Christmas, everyone!
Merry Chrysler!

blurry | they/them + it/its | 17 y/o
i am (unfortunately) a rhythm gamer (taiko no tatsujin, project diva, etc)
enjoyer of splatoon, analog horror, twenty one pilots, tamagotchi, and limbus company/project moon
not really ‘active’ on the forums though i do lurk a lot
heyitscrystal
Scratcher
100+ posts

BABY ITS BOXING DAY

HiItsCrystal
DownsGameClub
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Happy Christmas to all!

–DGC
Scratcher since Aug. 2015 +++ Fire Alarm Enthusiast +++ College student studying fire protection engineering
pokegirl06
Scratcher
1000+ posts

heyitscrystal wrote:

SockedMonster wrote:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
What’s that?

✧・゚: *✧・゚:**:・゚✧*:・゚✧

heyitscrystal
Scratcher