Discuss Scratch

TheRealNetherBefore
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Furries and the Furry Fandom

pinkieofthepies wrote:

why is furry speak “wike dis OwO uwu Eksdee” tbh its cringy and hard to read. i think my IQ drops a few points each time i have to read that. people probably think furries are worse than they are just because they talk like toddlers??

no shade just facts
I think it stems from internet roleplay speak more than furries tbh. It's essentially a mixture of baby speak and “lol random” humour that some people use for roleplay (because they think it's cute and silly) and some of those people who use it happen to be furries.

*Drinks ketchup*
there is no ethical consumption under capitalism my dudes
Small Games | Tips and Advice | Boredom Cat | Misc
Want to make a fantasy world everyone on scratch can use? Click here!
G'thorpax the Unspoken
DownsGameClub
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TheRealNetherBefore wrote:

pinkieofthepies wrote:

why is furry speak “wike dis OwO uwu Eksdee” tbh its cringy and hard to read. i think my IQ drops a few points each time i have to read that. people probably think furries are worse than they are just because they talk like toddlers??

no shade just facts
I think it stems from internet roleplay speak more than furries tbh. It's essentially a mixture of baby speak and “lol random” humour that some people use for roleplay (because they think it's cute and silly) and some of those people who use it happen to be furries.
I'll agree with this. It's usually intended for humor - I see a bunch of twitter furries occasionally use the joke but I will agree it's a tad overused.

–DGC
Scratcher since Aug. 2015 +++ Fire Alarm Enthusiast +++ College student studying fire protection engineering
Okamihowl122
Scratcher
500+ posts

DownsGameClub wrote:

pinkieofthepies wrote:

no shade just facts
I'll agree with this. It's usually intended for humor - I see a bunch of twitter furries occasionally use the joke but I will agree it's a tad overused.
I wouldn't know, I only ever use it ironically and/or to drive people nuts.

Last edited by Okamihowl122 (Dec. 16, 2018 17:43:35)

Follow scratching-pokemon and giretres!
Hey, you awesome people, shop at The Mon Shop. It's where I go when I need ideas, so why don't y'all check it out?
The Fur Nations- An RP (Join here!)
ls rember that wen u feel scare or frigten
never forget ttimes wen u feeled happy

wen day is dark alway rember happy day
Littlenose123
Scratcher
100+ posts

Okamihowl122 wrote:

DownsGameClub wrote:

pinkieofthepies wrote:

no shade just facts
I wouldn't know, I only ever use it ironically and/or to drive people nuts.
I use it randomlyy, mostly to bother furry haters or to communicate with other furries. But i agree, it is overused.

©Licensed Young Furry®
█║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌█
Koda ~+~ Dragon-collie ~+~ total furry ~+~ Fursuiter
Trades/DTs: Closed
Requests: Closed
MAPs: Closed
Okamihowl122
Scratcher
500+ posts

Littlenose123 wrote:

clarence112 wrote:

I drew this I guess.
WOW i love it
That is a really neat artstyle! If I could make one small complaint, it'd be that the fingers are a tad long, but other than that, this is cool!

Follow scratching-pokemon and giretres!
Hey, you awesome people, shop at The Mon Shop. It's where I go when I need ideas, so why don't y'all check it out?
The Fur Nations- An RP (Join here!)
ls rember that wen u feel scare or frigten
never forget ttimes wen u feeled happy

wen day is dark alway rember happy day
clarence112
Scratcher
500+ posts

Okamihowl122 wrote:

Littlenose123 wrote:

clarence112 wrote:

I drew this I guess.
–snip–
WOW i love it
That is a really neat artstyle! If I could make one small complaint, it'd be that the fingers are a tad long, but other than that, this is cool!
Yeah, I knew they looked weird, just couldn't figure out why. Thanks for telling me!

I'M the evil kumquat!
Want to help out with world building? Click here!
OH, DID U GET THE BROOM CLOSET ENDING? THEB ROOM CLOSET ENDING WAS MY FAVRITE!1 XD
Check out Byte, my W.I.P. scratch-inspired pygame IDE
620 posts as of Nov 7, 2019, 11:56 AM EST

heyitscrystal
Scratcher
100+ posts

Here is some furry websites OwO
WikiFur: https://wikifur.com/
flayrah (furry news): https://www.flayrah.com
Furry Network: https://beta.furrynetwork.com/
Furry4Life: https://www.furry4life.org/
half of these websites i did not use before
just to let you know the url link trick did not work with these sites

Last edited by heyitscrystal (Dec. 16, 2018 20:43:07)

HiItsCrystal
M1mikyu
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Challenge: guess their species and which one is the good guy and which one is the bad guy.

Behold, Luna's Mimikyu army!! It got killed for a moment by an evil Lord Dome, but Lord Helix brought them back!!

heyitscrystal
Scratcher
100+ posts

M1mikyu wrote:

-snipped becuase heyitscrystal is in currently new scratcher-
Challenge: guess their species and which one is the good guy and which one is the bad guy.
one on the right is the gud guy

Last edited by heyitscrystal (Dec. 16, 2018 20:57:57)

HiItsCrystal
KidoftheEnder45
Scratcher
1000+ posts

pinkieofthepies wrote:

no shade just facts
Fantastic, we've reinforced the stereotype everyone!

M1mikyu
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I’m currently working on lining and coloring it.
Also, the sword is supposed to look like it’s made out of water and the tip is supposed to look like ice. It looks more like a tongue though.

Behold, Luna's Mimikyu army!! It got killed for a moment by an evil Lord Dome, but Lord Helix brought them back!!

warriors-finatic
Scratcher
12 posts

The guy who was furry hunting's studio was taken down! Nevermind, they have a new one.

Last edited by warriors-finatic (Dec. 17, 2018 22:22:48)

SockedMonster
Scratcher
1000+ posts

M1mikyu wrote:

Fox?

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣠⠤⠔⠒⠒⠒⠒⠒⠢⠤⢤⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⢀⠴⠊⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠲⣄⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⡰⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⢧⠀⠀
⠀⡸⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢇⠀
⠀⡇⠀⠀⠀⢀⡶⠛⣿⣷⡄⠀⠀⠀⣰⣿⠛⢿⣷⡄⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀
⠀⡇⠀⠀⠀⢸⣷⣶⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⢻⣿⣶⣿⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀
⠀⡇⠀⠀⠀⠈⠛⠻⠿⠟⠁⠀⠀⠀⠈⠛⠻⠿⠛⠁⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀
⠀⠹⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⠏⠀
⠀⠀⠈⠢⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣤⣚⡁⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⠒⢢⡤⠤⠤⠤⠤⠤⠖⠒⠒⠋⠉⠉⠀⠀⠉⠉⢦
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣀⣀⠀⠀⠀⢸
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⡇⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⣿⠀⠀⠀⣸
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢱⠀⠀⠀⢸⠘⡆⠀⠀⢸⣀⡰⠋⣆⠀⣠⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠳⠤⠤⠼⠀⠘⠤⠴⠃⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠁
SockedMonster
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Spooder man Spooder verse is good…

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣠⠤⠔⠒⠒⠒⠒⠒⠢⠤⢤⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⢀⠴⠊⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠲⣄⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⡰⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⢧⠀⠀
⠀⡸⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢇⠀
⠀⡇⠀⠀⠀⢀⡶⠛⣿⣷⡄⠀⠀⠀⣰⣿⠛⢿⣷⡄⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀
⠀⡇⠀⠀⠀⢸⣷⣶⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⢻⣿⣶⣿⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀
⠀⡇⠀⠀⠀⠈⠛⠻⠿⠟⠁⠀⠀⠀⠈⠛⠻⠿⠛⠁⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀
⠀⠹⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⠏⠀
⠀⠀⠈⠢⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣤⣚⡁⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⠒⢢⡤⠤⠤⠤⠤⠤⠖⠒⠒⠋⠉⠉⠀⠀⠉⠉⢦
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣀⣀⠀⠀⠀⢸
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⡇⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⣿⠀⠀⠀⣸
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢱⠀⠀⠀⢸⠘⡆⠀⠀⢸⣀⡰⠋⣆⠀⣠⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠳⠤⠤⠼⠀⠘⠤⠴⠃⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠁
Littlenose123
Scratcher
100+ posts

M1mikyu wrote:

Left- Good guy and dutch angel dragon
Right- Bad guy and fox

©Licensed Young Furry®
█║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌█
RENORA4EVER
Scratcher
500+ posts

KidoftheEnder45 wrote:

pinkieofthepies wrote:

no shade just facts

If you're being serious can you please not say that

☆ jay + he/him + oops all rhythm games!!! + jirai + aggressively loves diluc ☆
DownsGameClub
Scratcher
1000+ posts

KidoftheEnder45 wrote:

pinkieofthepies wrote:

no shade just facts
Explain please? What exactly is the stereotype you are defining and how is it reinforcing that?

–DGC
Scratcher since Aug. 2015 +++ Fire Alarm Enthusiast +++ College student studying fire protection engineering
Littlenose123
Scratcher
100+ posts

warriors-finatic wrote:

The guy who was furry hunting's studio was taken down! Nevermind, they have a new one.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

©Licensed Young Furry®
█║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌█
DownsGameClub
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Also, for those of us involved with the studio drama, please stop mentioning it.

This image sums up what you should really do if such a scenario occurs:

I know it's really hard to resist the urge to fight back, but it's going to leave us with a much better ending if we report then move on. There's really no need to get overly involved by commenting and it really forces us older folks to waste our time when finals are coming up.

Last edited by DownsGameClub (Dec. 18, 2018 03:31:06)

–DGC
TheRealNetherBefore
Scratcher
1000+ posts

DownsGameClub wrote:

Also, for those of us involved with the studio drama, please stop mentioning it.

This image sums up what you should really do if such a scenario occurs:

I know it's really hard to resist the urge to fight back, but it's going to leave us with a much better ending if we report then move on. There's really no need to get overly involved by commenting and it really forces us older folks to waste our time when finals are coming up.
^^^
Yep! It's also the way that gives the people doing it the least satisfaction- they often want to cause outrage and get angry responses and not giving them that is the most satisfying punishment possible.

*Drinks ketchup*
there is no ethical consumption under capitalism my dudes
Small Games | Tips and Advice | Boredom Cat | Misc
Want to make a fantasy world everyone on scratch can use? Click here!
G'thorpax the Unspoken