Discuss Scratch

HIMANISHV
Scratcher
21 posts

New ways to get started with Scratch!

Like the Help - Tips thing, but don't like Discuss being removed.

move (20 gazillion) steps
say [THAT WAS FUN] for (40 gazillion) secs
TMNTlover7
Scratcher
100+ posts

WolfCat67 wrote:

Now I don't really want the Tips button removed (I just want the Discuss button back). After all, I spent so much time working on a Tips Page article on the Scratch Wiki.
I know how to make a forum!
TMNTlover7
Scratcher
100+ posts

Guys…the discussion button is STILL THERE! I'm following the discussion as we SPEAK.
EK04Rises
Scratcher
11 posts

TMNTlover7 wrote:

Guys…the discussion button is STILL THERE! I'm following the discussion as we SPEAK.

It is, but they just made it harder to find, and not very many people look at the footer, anyway.
TMNTlover7
Scratcher
100+ posts

EK04Rises wrote:

TMNTlover7 wrote:

It is, but they just made it harder to find, and not very many people look at the footer, anyway.
Welll….then they need to start looking at the footer! XD
EK04Rises
Scratcher
11 posts

TMNTlover7 wrote:

EK04Rises wrote:

TMNTlover7 wrote:

But, how are we gonna get them to do that?
everest-pets
Scratcher
49 posts

SonicFan91 wrote:

Eldona1 wrote:

Hmmm Sratchteam it looks like almost nobody is liking the new “TIPS” button. Maybe you should just change back to the “old” way. This, in my opinion was Scratch's worst choice in the history of Scratch (as long as I've been here).
I agree with EVERY SINGLE THING that you said there. I'm trying not to be very negative here, but this update stinks.

Yeah…… Sorry ST

Hi! I'm Everest-Pets. I make games and art.

9wdq
Scratcher
23 posts

510gangster wrote:

xboxguy175 wrote:

Did scratch birthday pass?
Yes it was last month
smartyshrihan
Scratcher
100+ posts

TMNTlover7 wrote:

HIMANISHV wrote:

Man I am soo tired and hot!! My dog is really scared of some fireworks.

Do not mind I woke up at 2:50 A.M but I was forced back to sleep by by parents

smartyshrihan
Scratcher
100+ posts

smartyshrihan wrote:

TMNTlover7 wrote:

HIMANISHV wrote:

Man I am soo tired and hot!! My dog is really scared of some fireworks.

Do not mind I woke up at 2:50 A.M but I was forced back to sleep by by parents

I meant not today. A few months ago

charlottelucy15
Scratcher
100+ posts

No offence ST, but this update stinks and many people agree. Why remove the discuss button, when it is so much more helpful than tips. Tips, is already in the editor, did you think what the consequences would be if you removed the discuss button. What was wrong with the way it was?
Sorry ST, you have been out numbered. By a lot. I hope you see this and rethink it all. Because, all the arguments here are getting ridiculous.

Last edited by charlottelucy15 (July 10, 2017 01:55:52)

Hey guys, just click on my name to check out my profile which I recommend in my so humble opinion, same with my shop -Diamond Snake- https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/311697/?page=1#post-3241067
everest-pets
Scratcher
49 posts

EK04Rises wrote:

TMNTlover7 wrote:

EK04Rises wrote:

TMNTlover7 wrote:

I don't think we can…

Hi! I'm Everest-Pets. I make games and art.

EK04Rises
Scratcher
11 posts

everest-pets wrote:

EK04Rises wrote:

TMNTlover7 wrote:

EK04Rises wrote:

TMNTlover7 wrote:

I don't think we can…

That's what I was thinking…

Last edited by EK04Rises (July 10, 2017 02:15:19)

usavictor
Scratcher
48 posts

can't the discuss button and tips button be on the site navigation menu together?

when green flag clicked
forever
change [Awesomeness v] by ((Awesomeness) + (1))
charlottelucy15
Scratcher
100+ posts

usavictor wrote:

can't the discuss button and tips button be on the site navigation menu together?
Exactly! I totally agree. I think it is because if you change it into another language discuss would be too long, and the search bar would be tiny. And yes, I think that no Discuss button is also STUPID!!!

Hey guys, just click on my name to check out my profile which I recommend in my so humble opinion, same with my shop -Diamond Snake- https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/311697/?page=1#post-3241067
-ColorMaster-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PullJosh wrote:

Love the new tips page! Definitely going to be a helpful resource for new Scratchers.

That being said, I'm quite disappointed by the removal of the discuss link. Everyone here is obviously aware that the link in the footer is not going to get the same amount of attention as the one in the navigation bar, so there must be a reason for its removal.

If you have something wonderful up your sleeves, like a new and improved discussion system, and want to phase out the current one, I'm all for that. But if there isn't any grand scheme in place that requires the link to be removed, I'd urge you to take a step back and consider re-implementing it. The discussion forums have been a wonderful place for me, and they're how I met so many wonderful people. Just today, I've talked with numerous Scratchers about all sorts of great projects and work being done, and seeing everything that's going on in and around Scratch is fantastic. I would argue that the forums have made a massive positive difference in my life, and I would hate to see that opportunity taken away from others.

Obviously, the forums are a lot to manage. There will always be spam and unhelpful posts, which can be quite a lot of work to clean up. If the forums are being fazed out due to a lack of time or energy, I would be more than happy to help moderate. If taking some time out of my day to moderate the forums meant that new users could continue to discover all of the fantastic things going on through and beyond Scratch, I would consider that to be a really solid investment.

Of course, this is all speculation. Perhaps the ability to discuss on Scratch is not under attack, and something new and incredible is coming. But if the discussion forums are being removed because they're too much effort to maintain, I beg that you think again. There are a huge number of people (myself included) who would be willing to give of their time and energy to keep this fantastic part of the site. Please don't let it go.

Hopefully I'm not reading too much into this.

Well, I've started to reconsider my thinking about the tips page, because I'm having a LOT of fun messing around with the Pong Starter, but yeah, I agree

Last edited by -ColorMaster- (July 10, 2017 05:16:18)

Just a baseball nerd with an absurdist sense of humor.

creator of more than 7 posts, each one stupider than the one before

Ophillius
Scratcher
12 posts

DylanThomas292007
Scratcher
4 posts

Great job
pd683
Scratcher
3 posts

#Bring_It_Back

Hello There

Click here to look at my awesome profile.
when green flag clicked
forever
Scratch on
Make projects
Be awesome
W84Me
Scratcher
5 posts

when green flag clicked
move (10) steps
wait (1) secs