Discuss Scratch

LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Adding this to the rejected suggestions sticky (if this is actually rejected)

Okay, I'm pretty sure the ST has confirmed this as rejected. Please correct me if I'm wrong, I am asking an ST member about this. Also, please don't get too heated or start arguments/flamewars.. even though this is a very controversial topic..
This is suggesting this topic to be added to the rejected suggestions sticky by jvvg. Please also tell me if anything is inaccurate or should be added.
Source by speakvisually

Removing restrictions on FNAF-based projects
These restrictions were put because many of these projects were considered too scary for some users, especially younger users. Scratch was also blocked on many networks because of this, such as school districts. Some parents have also reported that their children had nightmares, and some users were wary of browsing Scratch, which basically poisoned Scratch's reputation. Removing these restrictions would likely poison Scratch's reputation again, and Scratch wants to keep its goal of being appropriate for all ages. The game itself wasn't banned from Scratch entirely, so you may still make things about the game as long as they don't break the guidelines. This goes for all projects, if you find anything that's inappropriate for the site then be sure to report it.

lh70 / nora/tobi / she-they pronouns / pansexual-demisexual / 14 / sagittarius / furry / artist / intp / stop-motion films / lbp / fall out boy / panic! at the disco / twenty one pilots / stranger things / a series of unfortunate events
“When you have a bad day, a really bad day, try and treat the world better than it treated you.” -Patrick Stump
“Music seems to hold everything together. It seems to make things not so chaotic sometimes. It seems to make things make more sense sometimes.” -Tyler Joseph
“You'll fear your fears forever if you never do things you're afraid of.” -Josh Dun
“I'm still figuring out who I am, but I know I'm not who I was.” -Brendon Urie
Smurphy13AWESOME
Scratcher
500+ posts

It is rejected already, right? So I think it would be good to add it. I wasn't around before it got banned so I don't really know anything about it… But yeah, I hope they add it!
LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Smurphy13AWESOME wrote:

It is rejected already, right? So I think it would be good to add it. I wasn't around before it got banned so I don't really know anything about it… But yeah, I hope they add it!
I see a lot of “Can you bring back FNAF” on the suggestions. One of them was closed by Paddle2See and his reason was, “We will not be changing our restrictions on FNAF projects.”
It has nothing to do with anyone's opinions, just that everyone is scared by different things and FNAF was way too scary for certain users.
(Of course, I was a pretty big FNAF fan back when it did get banned so I'll admit I was one of those people who really wanted it back..)

lh70 / nora/tobi / she-they pronouns / pansexual-demisexual / 14 / sagittarius / furry / artist / intp / stop-motion films / lbp / fall out boy / panic! at the disco / twenty one pilots / stranger things / a series of unfortunate events
“When you have a bad day, a really bad day, try and treat the world better than it treated you.” -Patrick Stump
“Music seems to hold everything together. It seems to make things not so chaotic sometimes. It seems to make things make more sense sometimes.” -Tyler Joseph
“You'll fear your fears forever if you never do things you're afraid of.” -Josh Dun
Smurphy13AWESOME
Scratcher
500+ posts

LionHeart70 wrote:

Smurphy13AWESOME wrote:

I see a lot of “Can you bring back FNAF” on the suggestions. One of them was closed by Paddle2See and his reason was, “We will not be changing our restrictions on FNAF projects.”
It has nothing to do with anyone's opinions, just that everyone is scared by different things and FNAF was way too scary for certain users.
(Of course, I was a pretty big FNAF fan back when it did get banned so I'll admit I was one of those people who really wanted it back..)
I understand this. So it is rejected. Okay. Then I really hope it gets added, it should… :-)
P.S. I'm not trying to offend you, everyone does it. But does nobody read my signature clearly stating reply to me on my profile. No one does, again, not singling out you…
LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Smurphy13AWESOME wrote:

LionHeart70 wrote:

Smurphy13AWESOME wrote:

I understand this. So it is rejected. Okay. Then I really hope it gets added, it should… :-)
P.S. I'm not trying to offend you, everyone does it. But does nobody read my signature clearly stating reply to me on my profile. No one does, again, not singling out you…
I actually have asked Paddle2See and he says it probably has been rejected. (if you go to his profile you can see this)

also i tend to respond to forum posts by quoting them so yeah um (often i don't expect a reply)

Sheep_maker
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Pretty sure you can just ask jvvg on the stickied topic to add it on the list.

- Sheep_maker This is a kumquat-free signature. :P
This is my signature. It appears below all my posts. Discuss it on my profile, not the forums. Here's how to make your own.
.postsignature { overflow: auto; } .scratchblocks { overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: hidden; }
LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sheep_maker wrote:

Okay. I'll be sure to ask pretty soon.

_NightmarePantherr_
New Scratcher
6 posts

LionHeart70 wrote:

I actually have asked Paddle2See and he says it probably has been rejected. (if you go to his profile you can see this)
I'll ask for this to be added to the list, in this case.

“It's pretty swell!” -Edd Gould
LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

_NightmarePantherr_ wrote:

LionHeart70 wrote:

I'll ask for this to be added to the list, in this case.
Thanks

LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sheep_maker wrote:

@_NightmarePantherr_ has asked for it to be added to the list now.
Would've done it myself, but he's a good friend of mine so I trust him

paws48
Scratcher
500+ posts

FNAF projects go under the same rules as all the other ones. Its allowed unless its too scary.
LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

paws48 wrote:

FNAF projects go under the same rules as all the other ones. Its allowed unless its too scary.
Yep. That's a good sum-up, but some people are asking for it to be fully allowed again.

I wrote:

somethin' I put earlier ^^

But yeah, you're allowed to make something FNAF-related as long as it's nothing inappropriate or scary. Like all projects.
They won't ban ANY fandom as a whole JUST because the game/book/movie/TV show/etc. contains content that is against the CG, unless you make stuff about the fandom that actually contains content that's against the CG or there's literally almost nothing in it that's appropriate. (For example, I'm in a fandom that has a fairly good community on Scratch, it's a series on YouTube, and there's a little bit of content that might be against the CG but it's mostly just mild profanity/other mature language use and cartoon violence, but you're still allowed to make content about it just as long as it's not inappropriate)

stickfiregames
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Strangely enough banning FNAF used to be on the same sticky.

Anyway, I think this is the best summary of the situation:

speakvisually wrote:

Will all Five Nights at Freddy’s content be unshared?
Nope. We’ll only unshare projects that violate our Community Guidelines. For instance: An emulation of the game containing all of the elements described above are not okay. On the other hand, a Freddy Fazbear dress up game? That’s probably okay.
The ST are not going to completely ban or completely allow FNAF, or any other thing that contains both appropriate and inappropriate content, and I think that's where most of the confusion on both sides comes from.

I don't think the announcement topic you linked necessarily constitutes a rejection - it's just an announcement of a change, and while it's genreally unlikely that the ST will undo changes they make, other suggestions to undo changes have been allowed to stay open. If you can get a quote from Paddle saying it's rejected, that would be a good source so you could send the link to jvvg and customhacker.

If you can read this, my signature cubeupload has been eaten by an evil kumquat!

or you just used Inspect Element, you hacker

;
LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

stickfiregames wrote:

Strangely enough banning FNAF used to be on the same sticky.

Anyway, I think this is the best summary of the situation:

speakvisually wrote:

Will all Five Nights at Freddy’s content be unshared?
Nope. We’ll only unshare projects that violate our Community Guidelines. For instance: An emulation of the game containing all of the elements described above are not okay. On the other hand, a Freddy Fazbear dress up game? That’s probably okay.
The ST are not going to completely ban or completely allow FNAF, or any other thing that contains both appropriate and inappropriate content, and I think that's where most of the confusion on both sides comes from.

I don't think the announcement topic you linked necessarily constitutes a rejection - it's just an announcement of a change, and while it's genreally unlikely that the ST will undo changes they make, other suggestions to undo changes have been allowed to stay open. If you can get a quote from Paddle saying it's rejected, that would be a good source so you could send the link to jvvg and customhacker.
The suggestion was to say that it's not going to be brought back entirely. I've said earlier in the post that I've seen “can you bring back FNAF” suggestions to which one was closed by Paddle2See and his response was that the ST won't change the restrictions on FNAF projects.
I also asked him myself about this. Here's what he said;

Paddle2See wrote:

I believe it is rejected.

LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump.

LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

i t ' s b e e n t h r e e d a y s . b u m p

LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

This has been added to the list now!
I'll still keep this open for discussion for now, but I might close this if it gets too heated/offtopic. Please try not to get too heated or post offtopic.

GamesGuyTV
Scratcher
500+ posts

I doubt that the ST will ever remove Fnaf restrictions plus the main attraction is banned (Jumpscares) So the game in all has been banned according to @Digital_Gaming's post
Digital_Gaming
Since the games main attraction is banned (jumpscares) the game has been banned in all but name since 2015
here

Last edited by GamesGuyTV (Feb. 10, 2018 03:12:40)

This is Bob, he is here to save my signature

Help preserve the environment! Click here to learn.

zafzaf
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Would a project like that still be banned if, instead of a jumpscare, you got a derpy looking freddy playing nyan cat music?

“that's life, goofball, sometimes you lose people. sometimes you lose people you care about. and you never see them again. and the worst part is, you never even get a chance to apologize to them for letting them down.”

give me an internet so I can feel better about myself

Wahsp
Scratcher
1000+ posts

zafzaf wrote:

Would a project like that still be banned if, instead of a jumpscare, you got a derpy looking freddy playing nyan cat music?
If it's not considered scary, it's fine. In the future please make a new topic if you have a question

​I am Wahsp

Formerly pretty active on the forums, probably mostly retired now…
If you see one of my posts send me a hello!