Discuss Scratch

Tokicastle123
Scratcher
500+ posts

Offical Virtual Reality Topic

MeIoetta wrote:

Tokicastle123 wrote:

MeIoetta wrote:

Has anyone tried HTC Vive or any other VR headset that you can move in? I did 3 times, my opinion is AWESOME!
i have a vive, that is primarily why i started this forum
lucky, taxes in my country make it 30% more expensive, i'm saving 2 years on it.
Oh wow that's quite a bit of taxes

I tried the oculus rift at SVCC 2016 and decided to get the HTC Vive because Many people Have said the Experience is Better

also, you know, the CEO of oculus said he loved trump so yeah, i would stay away at a far distance of 5575238452346715180926457265427634526287578 light years

see: when baked beans go too far enough: the clorif norp stortpb.
MeIoetta
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Tokicastle123 wrote:

MeIoetta wrote:

Tokicastle123 wrote:

MeIoetta wrote:

Has anyone tried HTC Vive or any other VR headset that you can move in? I did 3 times, my opinion is AWESOME!
lucky, taxes in my country make it 30% more expensive, i'm saving 2 years on it.

I tried the oculus rift at SVCC 2016 and decided to get the HTC Vive because Many people Have said the Experience is Better

also, you know, the CEO of oculus said he loved trump so yeah, i would stay away at a far distance of 5575238452346715180926457265427634526287578 light years
I tried one time oculus in a contest (you pay 10zł (about 3 dollars) and you get to test oculus rift and htc vive) oh and also I played free trial of job simulator on htc vive another time

i love jellyfish
Tokicastle123
Scratcher
500+ posts

MeIoetta wrote:

Tokicastle123 wrote:

MeIoetta wrote:

Tokicastle123 wrote:

MeIoetta wrote:

I tried one time oculus in a contest (you pay 10zł (about 3 dollars) and you get to test oculus rift and htc vive) oh and also I played free trial of job simulator on htc vive another time
nice, oh btw *starts screaming* SPIDER MAN HOMECOMING VR IS OUT ON STEAM FOR FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

oh btw hereis the link if you want to see it

Tokicastle123
Scratcher
500+ posts

Tokicastle123 wrote:

MeIoetta wrote:

Tokicastle123 wrote:

MeIoetta wrote:

Tokicastle123 wrote:

MeIoetta wrote:

nice, oh btw *starts screaming* SPIDER MAN HOMECOMING VR IS OUT ON STEAM FOR FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

oh btw hereis the link if you want to see it

nevermind, it wasn't that good, just a tech demo.

also, it was only a 5 minute game, so this really crushed my dreams for any future spider man games in VR

TheMaskedMimikyu
Scratcher
60 posts

The nintendo switch better get vr sooner or later tbh
Tokicastle123
Scratcher
500+ posts

TheMaskedMimikyu wrote:

I mean

xbox didn't have vr

technoguyx
Scratcher
500+ posts

TheMaskedMimikyu wrote:

Reminds me of this video

It's kind of far-fetched though.

Scratcher since 2008.
Tokicastle123
Scratcher
500+ posts

technoguyx wrote:

TheMaskedMimikyu wrote:

Reminds me of this video

It's kind of far-fetched though.

woah that actually sounds really plausible

also instead of making the joycons use the built-in camera thingy, they could just install the same camera into the vr headset

venyanwarrior
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I must revive this topic.

Anyone buying vacation simulator? I am.

If you're seeing this signature, that means I've come out of my social anxiety hole.

Also, I edit the Scratch Wiki. Check it out sometime it's cool I guess.
bybb
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Finna commit a good ol' resurrect a dead topic.
it isn't a necropost if it's on topic™

I have the Oculus Rift and I have to say I prefer it over the HTC Vive - which I tried on Holiday a few too many times 5 quid for 15 minutes of play time… I ended up spending around 20 quid…

I've tried Google Cardboard before and it's hardly cheaper than PC VR. I mean, you need a $600+ phone just to be able to have a decent experience and it isn't even a high framerate… My room is very small but I still have enough space to move around a decent amount in VR, oh if only housing prices weren't so high. Shouldn't be a problem once I've grown up and got my own place though

My PC specs are fairly reasonable, Ryzen 7 2700x and GTX 1070. Not the best, certainly not bad though. I love my Oculus and I can't wait for VR MMOs to become a thing. Lego Universe in VR would - in my opinion - just incredible.

Game Over
You'll find me on @LastContinue from now on.
venyanwarrior
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Time to resurrect this topic a third time.

I am 100% buying Half Life: Alyx. Anyone else?

If you're seeing this signature, that means I've come out of my social anxiety hole.

venyanwarrior
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I guess nobody else uses VR. *sniffle*

78ch3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

VR is amazing, I haven’t got what I need to play it but I played Blood And Truth and Rush of Blood at a friend's house, they had VR. I also have GT sport which is VR compatible.

Sup, I’m 78ch3, person on the internet, TBGForums Member, owner of 78ch3's Everything Shop™ + The United Shops Of Scratch + Scratch Shop Reviewers Federation, and a very lazy person in general (IDK why). My pronouns are she/they for anyone interested. The bold orange words are links. Click them plz
Click here to find out how to get into any scratch account, without the password
Liquid Metal LLC - Information, Investigation, Infiltration /|\ Click to join the Advanced Stealth Combat RP /|\

My PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, AMD Radeon RX 6800XT ROG Strix Liquid cooled OC edition, ROG Strix x570-E Gaming, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB), Seagate FireCuda 520 PCIe Gen 4 NVMe (500GB), Crucial P2 PCIe Gen 3 NVMe (1TB), Corsair HX1000, Gigabyte G34WQC, RIG 800HD.
I mostly play Fortnite, Minecraft, the Touhou Project series and Terraria

Oh, you won’t see this without a ctrl+shift+down.
People need better thumbnails.
Also there's a lot of anti-kumquat equipment but the kumquats are too scared to come within 100 kilometres of me.
xXRedTheCoderXx
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I want to revive this topic too, virtual reality is amazing!

I got the Oculus Quest around when it first came out, and I still use it and it's awesome.

I always try to watch YouTube and Netflix on it when I can, because in the virtual world you can make the screen bigger than a cinema's. Plus, in the virtual world the screen can follow you everywhere, so I can lay down in whatever position I want and still be able to watch comfortably.

McScreamyBear
Scratcher
1000+ posts

We're playin' beat saber!

autistic male who loves birds, A LOT

I'm also into nintendo, specifically Mario and Zelda.

Sukiyo the Rito is my Rito OC, he came to me in a dream.
TopCode
Scratcher
1000+ posts

the best vr games are ones that are vr and normal, like NMS which you can play without vr, or with for no extra cost

The following is my signature:
MAKE PROJECTS REMOVED BY THE ST UNVIEWABLE PLEASE LIKE NOW
Once upon a time, CatBlocks were brought into the world of Scratch. They became quite dear to us, and were close to our hearts. But then, an evil kumquat ate them. We will always keep them in our hearts, and we promise to remember them forever.

Proud king of 500th page of minecraft topic
that sounds so cringe

PhoenixSC wrote:

No amount of rest can pass this night
McScreamyBear
Scratcher
1000+ posts

i need my bugsnax vr now.

jlbar18
Scratcher
61 posts

roblox has vr support. (there are also some games in it that allow you to instantly play in vr)

-jlbar18, formerly PinkySunsetGaming

play SSML3 now. https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/884299849/
McScreamyBear
Scratcher
1000+ posts

gorilla tag's community is awful

BreadcatGames
Scratcher
1000+ posts

McScreamyBear wrote:

gorilla tag's community is awful
what about onward vr