Discuss Scratch

Harakou
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Anyone up for a board/card game collab?

plinkojerome wrote:

Harakou wrote:

cobraguy wrote:

Collaborations go into the collaboration section.
Yup! Unless this isn't being made in Scratch, this belongs there. Moving.
No, it's not being made in scratch.
My bad then; sorry about that. Moving back.
plinkojerome
New to Scratch
100+ posts

bugsy90 wrote:

plinkojerome wrote:

Ironbizmark wrote:

Should we start thinking of some concepts then?
Yea, we don't need artists this second so we should.

I'm not sure, anybody got some ideas?
First I would like to know what kind of board games/card games you are talking about! When I do know,Maybe I can give some ideas.
Well, some CCG type things, maybe some stuff kind of like D&D, More RPGs, Card Games, and so on.

Tip me some Doge DA7eejswTENXuXD1NDtCZAgFRT2Bd6F7u2action=random&return=image&link1=action=random&return=image&link1=http://www.quickmeme.com/img/e7/e7f1430bc5c8c5ec300f36d4a3b961cdb68decf00319ae6229a508dcb4e8950c.jpg
Ironbizmark
Scratcher
100+ posts

plinkojerome wrote:

bugsy90 wrote:

plinkojerome wrote:

Ironbizmark wrote:

Should we start thinking of some concepts then?
Yea, we don't need artists this second so we should.

I'm not sure, anybody got some ideas?
First I would like to know what kind of board games/card games you are talking about! When I do know,Maybe I can give some ideas.
Well, some CCG type things, maybe some stuff kind of like D&D, More RPGs, Card Games, and so on.

Did you see my ideas? A couple posts back? What do you think?

Bithexagon: Here
Universal OS: Here
Essential OS: Here
Cube(1s,1s): Here
My browser / operating system: MacOS Macintosh X 10.9.1, Chrome 31.0.1650.63, Flash 11.9 (release 900)

plinkojerome
New to Scratch
100+ posts

Ironbizmark wrote:

Here are some ideas I’ve come up with. I would’ve posted them sooner but the website was down.

Yin & Yang: A Ninja CCG where you try to disrupt your opponent's yin and yang balance. I’m not exactly sure the details but something like that. Each ninja would have a power, attack defense, range, level and (sometimes)an ability.

Prospering Armies: This one is my personal favorite because we could pretty much do whatever here. The possibilities are endless! A game where you print out maps and battle with cards on a large board. You move units, have fights, buy items from shops, etc. This game would be super cool if you have printable maps and such so that the game is different every time. Plus, if needed I can program a random terrain generator and print thing for a formal website.

World War II: This would be like a D&D game but set in WWII. We could add grids like some D&D games or not. We could also add character cards or not. This idea would require a lot of writing for some sort of intense manuals like D&D probably.
these all sound like awesome ideas so we'll probably end up using one. Prospering Armies is definitely my favorite so far and the map generator thing sounds like it would be really awesome. I also like the idea of shops and stuff. If this isn't what game we make first, we'll definitely make it as our 2nd or 3rd game.

Yin and Yang has a really cool concept and it sounds like it would be fun. Maybe we'll look into it to see how it develops and if it would be good to use. This is also one of my favorites so far.

WWII sounds like it could be cool, but might take a long time to make and would be pretty complicated, but it might be worth it as it could be a really awesome game like D&D so we might work on this once we make a few games and are ready for an even bigger production.

Anyway, awesome ideas! I'm pretty sure we'll definitely use at least 2 if not all of them!

Last edited by plinkojerome (Jan. 12, 2014 18:34:20)

Tip me some Doge DA7eejswTENXuXD1NDtCZAgFRT2Bd6F7u2action=random&return=image&link1=action=random&return=image&link1=http://www.quickmeme.com/img/e7/e7f1430bc5c8c5ec300f36d4a3b961cdb68decf00319ae6229a508dcb4e8950c.jpg
Ironbizmark
Scratcher
100+ posts

This is a cool site for publishing games: https://www.thegamecrafter.com/help/getting-started

If we make something substantial anyway.
I am working on expanding of the rules and concept of Yin & Yang.
I will share a Google Doc when I'm done!

My browser / operating system: MacOS Macintosh X 10.9.1, Chrome 31.0.1650.63, Flash 11.9 (release 900)

plinkojerome
New to Scratch
100+ posts

Ironbizmark wrote:

This is a cool site for publishing games: https://www.thegamecrafter.com/help/getting-started

If we make something substantial anyway.
I am working on expanding of the rules and concept of Yin & Yang.
I will share a Google Doc when I'm done!
That site is awesome!! It should help a lot. And since I don't want to share my personal email, just send the google doc to this address AMRNCMJ@gmail.com I barely use that one so i'll make that my account for the games we make.

plinkojerome
New to Scratch
100+ posts

Oh yeah, another way we could communicate and stuff would be diigo it's a cool site where you can find cool things and put it in a conversation, so whenever we find something that inspires your idea and just stuff that you think is cool. We could also use prezi to make presentations about things for the game.

plinkojerome
New to Scratch
100+ posts

I came up with an idea that I think would be fun and cool.

Spaceball 3025 is a game that takes place on an arena on a huge spaceship. Using new technology that their allies told them about, they have figured out how to produce life-like replicas of different habitats with a push of a button. The arena is never the same. Both teams race to get the ball, bring it back to their base, and put it into the holder. While a player has the ball, all different crazy things happen. Like all of a sudden the holder will be riding an elephant and shooting a ray gun, or lasers will shoot out of the wall and the holder has to dodge them. If a player is KO’d the coach has to send out medic droids to carry the unconscious player out on a stretcher. If the droids are destroyed the coach has to wait a couple more turns to send in more. Until the KO’d player is safely brought out of the arena, the coach can’t send in more players.
Both teams will also have special minions that they can select before the game to help fight.
It will be a board/card game. There will be 3 kinds of cards you can have in your hand. Gadgets, (swords, shields, guns, hoverboards, elephants, alien elephants, I LIKE ELEPHANTS, etc.) Events, (explosions, extra minions, angry coach, bee swarm, etc.) and minion tactics. (since this is kind of hard to give examples, I’ll just say how it works. Basically, you can make them move into formations, give them special powers, and patrol/attack/defend.) You also have a deck of cards with your roster of characters. You pick 12 in the beginning of the game and pick 8 to play the game. If you run out of players you lose the game. However, if you have team tokens, (obtained by KO’ing other players, beat a lot of minions, or destroying medic droids. If you are playing a series of rounds in one match, if the player brought in the spaceball to win the round you get 2 Team Tokens.) you can spend 1 to recruit another player from the top of your deck or spend 2 to look through your deck and choose one. The max amount of players on the field at once is 4. The characters will have different abilities and stats. Once one team wins the game, you have to roll to see if there is an all-out reckless fight between some players. If there is, you use the players’ fight card to help find out who wins the fight and how bad the damage is. You will be able to have your own seasons with cool extra things like rivalries, injuries, level ups, and other things. The game will only be 2 players and the time might be 50 min.- to an hour and a half.

I will also make a presentation on prezi pretty soon that isn't as complicated, but shows off some other things about the game. This same document is on GoogleDocs, so once I get your emails, you can comment and suggest stuff. But please just don't remove/add stuff unless I say you can.

selimi02
Scratcher
70 posts

Good news! I may have found a prospect for artist, he's actually a freelance high school worker that I am paying to help work with my game development project, though he said working on board/card art is his favorite hobby!
selimi02
Scratcher
70 posts

Also, I was thinking, the head should define the general direction, for example, card game or board game. From what I'm reading, we seem to be heading for a more CCG style card game, away from common concepts and more unique ideas. Player count should almost always have a minimum of 2-3 and a max of 8, besides that we really have the freedom for any concept. I actually have a concept for a game, but since I'm on my Ipad at 3 AM, I'll post it toptomorrow.
plinkojerome
New to Scratch
100+ posts

selimi02 wrote:

Good news! I may have found a prospect for artist, he's actually a freelance high school worker that I am paying to help work with my game development project, though he said working on board/card art is his favorite hobby!
Cool! I might need a sample of his art just to make sure he's the kind of artist we're looking for, but he sounds pretty reliable.

plinkojerome
New to Scratch
100+ posts

selimi02 wrote:

Also, I was thinking, the head should define the general direction, for example, card game or board game. From what I'm reading, we seem to be heading for a more CCG style card game, away from common concepts and more unique ideas. Player count should almost always have a minimum of 2-3 and a max of 8, besides that we really have the freedom for any concept. I actually have a concept for a game, but since I'm on my Ipad at 3 AM, I'll post it toptomorrow.
Okay, that sounds good. I might also be working as a designer occasionally if we need more ideas for stuff, so I won't just be the head. I also can't wait to here the new concept, because we have had some pretty cool ones so far.

plinkojerome
New to Scratch
100+ posts

selimi02 wrote:

Okay, that sounds good. I might also be working as a designer occasionally if we need more ideas for stuff, so I won't just be the head. I also can't wait to here the new concept, because we have had some pretty cool ones so far.

plinkojerome
New to Scratch
100+ posts

plinkojerome wrote:

selimi02 wrote:

Sorry, double post.

plinkojerome
New to Scratch
100+ posts

I just found another artist who might be able to do some stuff for the game! She's a really talented manga artist and she can draw some other styles also. BTW, has anyone been doing anything? Lately I feel like the only one involved since no one is posting on here or anything. Besides that, I've been brainstorming stuff about Spaceball, like designing some characters and maps and other stuff.

selimi02
Scratcher
70 posts

Sorry! I've just been lurking, busy with school work.
plinkojerome
New to Scratch
100+ posts

selimi02 wrote:

I know, it sucks, it seems like after Christmas Break, the teachers just give you 3x as much that you had to do before.

Ironbizmark
Scratcher
100+ posts

plinkojerome wrote:

selimi02 wrote:

I know, it sucks, it seems like after Christmas Break, the teachers just give you 3x as much that you had to do before.

Yes! I've got twice as many quizzes per week than normal.
Should be posting those rules soon hopefully!

plinkojerome
New to Scratch
100+ posts

Ironbizmark wrote:

plinkojerome wrote:

selimi02 wrote:

Yes! I've got twice as many quizzes per week than normal.
Should be posting those rules soon hopefully!
Yea it sucks. I'm excited for the stuff about the Yin and Yang, it sounds like it'd be pretty fun to play. I don't know how we'll decide on which game to actually make, so anyone got any ideas?

selimi02
Scratcher
70 posts

I just realized something Spaceball reminds me of a somewhat similar game Blood Bowl, which is also a board game.