Discuss Scratch

LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

When I upload a gif as my profile picture, it shows EVERY frame, even when a new one comes up.

That's been happening with some icons I'm seeing too, some of them work okay but most of them either show every frame overlapping or just freeze.

lh70 / nora/tobi / she-they pronouns / pansexual-demisexual / 14 / sagittarius / furry / artist / intp / stop-motion films / lbp / fall out boy / panic! at the disco / twenty one pilots / stranger things / a series of unfortunate events
“When you have a bad day, a really bad day, try and treat the world better than it treated you.” -Patrick Stump
“Music seems to hold everything together. It seems to make things not so chaotic sometimes. It seems to make things make more sense sometimes.” -Tyler Joseph
“You'll fear your fears forever if you never do things you're afraid of.” -Josh Dun
“I'm still figuring out who I am, but I know I'm not who I was.” -Brendon Urie
cakewizard
Scratcher
36 posts

When I upload a gif as my profile picture, it shows EVERY frame, even when a new one comes up.

PkmnQ wrote:

I changed to a transparent gif now. It happened!
Hmm, maybe you just can't have a gif with a transparent background.

Smol bean cakewizard

I like being creative and having fun~
PinkyPants
Scratcher
100+ posts

cakewizard wrote:

PkmnQ wrote:

I changed to a transparent gif now. It happened!
Hmm, maybe you just can't have a gif with a transparent background.
I've been having heaps; and this is the first one to do this~

Yo. I'm Pinky. *puts on sunglasses*
PinkyPants
Scratcher
100+ posts

okay, so i changed my profile pic and it stopped. thanks.

Yo. I'm Pinky. *puts on sunglasses*
ZZ9PluralZAlpha
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I still see this bug happening with other people's pictures, so the picture you chose obviously mustn't have any transparent frames, otherwise you would see the glitch.

Last edited by ZZ9PluralZAlpha (May 12, 2017 17:39:46)

jromagnoli
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ZZ9PluralZAlpha wrote:

I still see this bug happening with other people's pictures, so the picture you chose obviously mustn't have any transparent frames, otherwise you would see the glitch.
This. Look at my new one, it works fine.

ROAD TO 10,000 POSTS
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ 64%

If you can read this, my signature cubeupload has been eaten by an evil kumquat!
hehehe!Mytiptopsecrettopicidentifier!ahjdgggfhjadggahjsahasgdjfsdjfga

PkmnQ
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ok, I made a project that simulates this phenomenon. Click here.

This is an account that exists.

Here, have a useful link:
The Official List of Rejected Suggestions by Za-Chary

ZZ9PluralZAlpha
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jromagnoli wrote:

ZZ9PluralZAlpha wrote:

Yep, that's because the background is blue throughout and there are no transparencies.

jromagnoli
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ZZ9PluralZAlpha wrote:

jromagnoli wrote:

ZZ9PluralZAlpha wrote:

Yep, that's because the background is blue throughout and there are no transparencies.
I know, I was agreeing with you.

ROAD TO 10,000 POSTS
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ 64%

If you can read this, my signature cubeupload has been eaten by an evil kumquat!
hehehe!Mytiptopsecrettopicidentifier!ahjdgggfhjadggahjsahasgdjfsdjfga

ZZ9PluralZAlpha
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jromagnoli wrote:

ZZ9PluralZAlpha wrote:

jromagnoli wrote:

ZZ9PluralZAlpha wrote:

I know, I was agreeing with you.
Yup.

P-Code
Scratcher
500+ posts

I'm not having this problem anymore, since I've changed my icon. I guess my old icon had something that Scratch couldn't show for whatever reason?

P - C O D E