Discuss Scratch

aleynesansonnet
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

-IcicIe- wrote:

Wait, I'm really confused… I thought that experienced roleplayers were allowed three characters, and normal role players were allowed two, but separated by, like, a month of applying, to show that they're active? :\
Ahh I'm not sure now, we'll have to wait for rainbow. If so, then I have to apologize to a lot of people

polaris__
New to Scratch
2 posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

-IcicIe- wrote:

polaris__ wrote:

Name: Elizabeth Leone (Lizzie)
Year: 6
House: Hufflepuff

Patronus (5th yrs+): Irish Wolfhound

Personality: Witty but irritating, Stutters and never knows what to say. Shy and bookish. Bisexual.
Appearance: Ash blonde hair, brown eyes, fairly pale, tall, pretty figure.
Worst Class(es): Defense against the dark arts,
Best Class(es): Potions and Charms
Pet (Optional): Black and Whitecat
Backstory*: She's a muggle born (she thinks, but her dad who left at birth is a wizard) and when she got her letter at 11 she was so excited. she came out (13 years old) to her mum she kicked her out - so in the summer she stays at a friend she made
We usually ask that you have an equal amount of best and worst classes

Ok, then my other worst class is Arithmancy
percyjacksonwriter
New to Scratch
1 post

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

Can I join?
rainbow_waves
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

aleynesansonnet wrote:

-IcicIe- wrote:

Wait, I'm really confused… I thought that experienced roleplayers were allowed three characters, and normal role players were allowed two, but separated by, like, a month of applying, to show that they're active? :\
Ahh I'm not sure now, we'll have to wait for rainbow. If so, then I have to apologize to a lot of people
OHhhh boyyo this stinks xD I'm not sure we ever really decided the rules, did we? I do think Icy's right though, that experienced get 3, and regular people get 2 once they've been there long enough. Let me look on the front page to see if I ever put any rules down.
rainbow_waves
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

Okay so here's what it says on the FP for being an experienced role player -

- Be active in both the forum and the studio for over 6 months.
- Have developed your character(s) well.
- Be trusted by the moderators.
- Have kept original character(s) for over four months.

And you do get 3 characters then.

But it doesn't say anything about when you get a second character, so I think we need to set some clear rules about that.

I also think maybe we should start putting down the date a person joins so it's easier to see how long they've been in the RP.

And Aleyne, it's definitely not your fault. I've been seriously neglecting this place lately with the lame excuse of “I've got too much schoolwork.” Well, honestly, I have the same amount I've had all year. It's a lot, but not so much that I don't have free time, I've just chosen to use it elsewhere. So I apologize to everybody here on this forum.
bluelamas849
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

bluelamas849 wrote:

aleynesansonnet wrote:

bluelamas849 wrote:

Name: Cade English
Year: 4th
House: Slythiren

Patronus (5th yrs+): n/a

Personality: Very smug, intentionally rude towards adults, can be obsessive at times, acts dumb in classes so that he will be ignored.
Appearance: Short black hair, intimidating hazel eyes, has many scars along his forearm from abuse, a crooked nose that has been broken countless times, stands 5'5", pale white skin, deathly skinny.
Worst Class(es): DADA, Potions
Best Class(es): Astronomy, Transfiguration
Pet (Optional): A beat up alley cat named Fabian
Backstory*: Cade comes from a long line of successful Ministry workers, but his grandfather squandered the family fortune. By the time Cade was born, they lived in a worn down shack. He suffered from abuse for quite some time.
Rainbow said you were experienced, right?
Yup.
So is he accepted?
aleynesansonnet
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

bluelamas849 wrote:

bluelamas849 wrote:

aleynesansonnet wrote:

bluelamas849 wrote:

Name: Cade English
Year: 4th
House: Slythiren

Patronus (5th yrs+): n/a

Personality: Very smug, intentionally rude towards adults, can be obsessive at times, acts dumb in classes so that he will be ignored.
Appearance: Short black hair, intimidating hazel eyes, has many scars along his forearm from abuse, a crooked nose that has been broken countless times, stands 5'5", pale white skin, deathly skinny.
Worst Class(es): DADA, Potions
Best Class(es): Astronomy, Transfiguration
Pet (Optional): A beat up alley cat named Fabian
Backstory*: Cade comes from a long line of successful Ministry workers, but his grandfather squandered the family fortune. By the time Cade was born, they lived in a worn down shack. He suffered from abuse for quite some time.
Rainbow said you were experienced, right?
Yup.
So is he accepted?
Yep

polaris__ wrote:

-IcicIe- wrote:

polaris__ wrote:

Name: Elizabeth Leone (Lizzie)
Year: 6

Patronus (5th yrs+): Irish Wolfhound

Personality: Witty but irritating, Stutters and never knows what to say. Shy and bookish. Bisexual.
Appearance: Ash blonde hair, brown eyes, fairly pale, tall, pretty figure.
Worst Class(es): Defense against the dark arts,
Best Class(es): Potions and Charms
Pet (Optional): Black and Whitecat
Backstory*: She's a muggle born (she thinks, but her dad who left at birth is a wizard) and when she got her letter at 11 she was so excited. she came out (13 years old) to her mum she kicked her out - so in the summer she stays at a friend she made
We usually ask that you have an equal amount of best and worst classes

Ok, then my other worst class is Arithmancy
Accepted

aleynesansonnet
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

rainbow_waves wrote:

Okay so here's what it says on the FP for being an experienced role player -

- Be active in both the forum and the studio for over 6 months.
- Have developed your character(s) well.
- Be trusted by the moderators.
- Have kept original character(s) for over four months.

And you do get 3 characters then.

But it doesn't say anything about when you get a second character, so I think we need to set some clear rules about that.

I also think maybe we should start putting down the date a person joins so it's easier to see how long they've been in the RP.

And Aleyne, it's definitely not your fault. I've been seriously neglecting this place lately with the lame excuse of “I've got too much schoolwork.” Well, honestly, I have the same amount I've had all year. It's a lot, but not so much that I don't have free time, I've just chosen to use it elsewhere. So I apologize to everybody here on this forum.
Don't worry about it, at least you don't just leave for a few months unexplained . There's a reason why we have 3 managers, not 1.

We could probably say 60 days of active role playing before a second character? That gives two months

Last edited by aleynesansonnet (Jan. 29, 2018 05:11:04)

rainbow_waves
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

aleynesansonnet wrote:

rainbow_waves wrote:

-snip
Don't worry about it, at least you don't just leave for a few months unexplained . There's a reason why we have 3 managers, not 1.

We could probably say 60 days of active role playing before a second character? That gives two months
That sounds good. I'll add it to the FP.
ZacP2006
Scratcher
23 posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

OK sorry I don't do discussions often

when green flag clicked
forever
I LOVE RICK RIORDAN
AND CHEESEEEE
end
TARDISGIRL189
Scratcher
20 posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

Name: misty smith
Year: 6th
House: hufflepuff

Patronus (5th yrs+): white tiger

Personality: shy, kind, intelligent, determined
Appearance: blue hair, grey eyes, tall
Worst Class(es): history of magic
Best Class(es): transfiguration, potions
Pet (Optional): owl, snowy
Backstory: her parents were killed by a fire. she always got bullied at school and got seriously injured a few times.

“Cybermen from cyberspace. Now, why has no-one ever thought of that before?”
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
“I couldn’t very well keep calling myself the Master, now could I?”
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
See this face. Take a good, long look at it. This is the face that didn't listen to a word you just said.
My masterpiece, Doctor. A living TARDIS, strong enough to hold the paradox in place, allowing the past and the future to collide in infinite majesty!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
AND YES I DID JUST PUT LOADS OF MISSY/MASTER QUOTES AND I DON'T CARE!
aleynesansonnet
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

TARDISGIRL189 wrote:

Name: misty smith
Year: 6th
House: hufflepuff

Patronus (5th yrs+): white tiger

Personality: shy, kind, intelligent, determined
Appearance: blue hair, grey eyes, tall
Worst Class(es): history of magic
Best Class(es): transfiguration, potions
Pet (Optional): owl, snowy
Backstory: her parents were killed by a fire. she always got bullied at school and got seriously injured a few times.
Thanks for applying! Could you add another worst class for us please?

Connectation
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

Hey guysss! I don't know if you remember me but I'm back! I lost my account password for a month and forgot about this but I found it again! I'm still allowed to apply right?
-IcicIe-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

Connectation wrote:

Hey guysss! I don't know if you remember me but I'm back! I lost my account password for a month and forgot about this but I found it again! I'm still allowed to apply right?
Oooh, hi! I remember youuuuuu XD (That sounds so cheesy xD) Whoa, that must have been annoying! Ya, I think you should be XD

_Six
Scratcher
500+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

Connectation wrote:

YOU'RE BACK!!! Rp?

Last edited by _Six (Feb. 1, 2018 02:28:43)

“We've all got light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.”
-Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by JK Rowling

“'I don’t know; I still like the name Six. Maren Elizabeth was when I was a different person, and right now Six just feels right. It can be short for something if someone asks.'
Sam looks over. ‘For what? Sixty?’”
-The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore

“I hear a voice
'You must learn to stand up for yourself
Cause I can't always be around.'”
-Tori Amos, Winter

AnimeGamer241
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

AnimeGamer241 wrote:

rainbow_waves wrote:

Application Form

Student
Name:
Year:
House:
Patronus (5th yrs+):

Personality:
Appearance:
Worst Class(es):
Best Class(es):
Pet (Optional):
Backstory*:

*RP characters cannot be related to canon characters

Teachers
Name:
House Head?: Yes or no, if yes then state

Patronus:

Personality:
Appearance:
Talents:
Weaknesses:

How To RP

• Type what your character says (dialogue) in quotes (“”)
• Type everything else RPed, including actions, as regular text
• Any non-RP text in an RP thread should be separated by parentheses

For example:

rainbow_waves wrote:

@aleynesansonnet Alessandra entered the classroom

aleynesansonnet wrote:

@rainbow_waves (What house is she in?) “Welcome” Professor Gerot said as she wrote on the chalkboard

rainbow_waves wrote:

@aleynesansonnet (Ravenclaw) “Thanks” Alessandra found her seat.

Name: Salem Moore
Year: 5

Patronus (5th yrs+): Axolotl (its so small!!!)

Personality: Generally nice, pretty lazy, very laidback, refuses to hurt someone unless provoked, a walking meme
Appearance: Her hair is shaved on the sides with a faux hawk floof on top. Everyday she uses magic to change the color (if she’s too lazy to that day it’s usually cyan). One of her eyes is blue and the other is brown. She inherited her heterochromia. She has tan skin and a height of 5’11” and is slightly chubby. Under her robes she wears gray slacks and a white button down in cold months, and a gray skirt and short sleeves button down in the warm months.
Worst Class(es): Astrology and Muggle studies
Best Class(es): Herbology and Care for Magical Creatures
Pet (Optional): A small pastel calico cat she named ‘Griffin’ but mostly calls him ‘precious bean’
Backstory*: Her family came to Britain from Italy when she was around 5. It was at this time she began showing her magical abilities. Her parents were muggles, so they merely saw it as a blessing from god. At 11 when her first letter came she was so excited and packed her bag practically the same second. It was hard saying goodbye to her mother and father, but she was ready for the journey. Upon arrival and sorting she was glad to find herself in Hufflepuff, thinking ‘What a lovely mascot!’ As she had recently gotten over her fear of badgers (those things can be terrifying). In her 2nd year she began a journey of self discovery after discovering unicorns wouldn’t run from her, and in her 3rd year finally attempted to climb to the girl’s dormitory. She was ecstatic when let in. The summer before 4th year she got Griffin, who she loves and cherishes.

Connectation
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

_Six wrote:

Connectation wrote:

YOU'RE BACK!!! Rp?
Yeahhh, I gotta make a character first though haha
Connectation
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

Name: Rebecca Still
Year: 5th
House: Slytherin

Patronus (5th yrs+):

Personality: Complete bad girl. She is rebellious in any way possible. Disrespects teachers like it's her job! Although, her irresistible charm makes a big impression. Don't be mistaken by her bad grades, it's simply due to the fact that she doesn't care. If she really tried, she would be the top of her class.
Appearance: Dark brown hair with beautiful, blue eyes like an ocean. She's extremely pretty and has slightly tanned skin.
Worst Class(es): Care for Magical Creatures
Best Class(es): Potions
Pet (Optional): None
Backstory*: She was born in Ireland, with a wizard mom and a muggle dad. When she was 8 years old, she heard her parents arguing. As she goes downstairs she sees a big green flash of light killing her dad. Due to all the shock of what she'd done, her mom goes insane. She had adopted countless murders earning her a life prison sentence in Azkaban. Rebecca finds her moms wand next to a note revealing her secret sister. Taking her moms wand, Rebecca heads out for England to find her aunt. But, she soon finds herself 4 years later, on the street looking for food. That's when a mysterious letter arrives inviting her to Hogwarts.

Last edited by Connectation (Feb. 1, 2018 21:19:35)

aleynesansonnet
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

Connectation wrote:

Patronus (5th yrs+):

Personality: Complete bad girl. She is rebellious in any way possible. Disrespects teachers like it's her job! Although, her irresistible charm makes a big impression. Don't be mistaken by her bad grades, it's simply due to the fact that she doesn't care. If she really tried, she would be the top of her class.
Appearance: Dark brown hair with beautiful, blue eyes like an ocean. She's extremely pretty and has slightly tanned skin.
Backstory*: She was born in Ireland, with a wizard mom and a muggle dad. When she was 8 years old, she heard her parents arguing. As she goes downstairs she sees a big green flash of light. Her mom had killed her dad. Because of shock, her mom goes insane. She had adopted countless murders earning her a life prison sentence in Azkaban. Rebecca finds her moms wand next to a note revealing her secret sister. Taking her moms wand, Rebecca heads out for England to find her aunt. But, she soon finds herself 4 years later, on the street looking for food. That's when a mysterious letter arrives inviting her to Hogwarts.
Could you add another worst class please?

AnimeGamer241 wrote:

Personality: Generally nice, pretty lazy, very laidback, refuses to hurt someone unless provoked, a walking meme
Appearance: Her hair is shaved on the sides with a faux hawk floof on top. Everyday she uses magic to change the color (if she’s too lazy to that day it’s usually cyan). One of her eyes is blue and the other is brown. She inherited her heterochromia. She has tan skin and a height of 5’11” and is slightly chubby. Under her robes she wears gray slacks and a white button down in cold months, and a gray skirt and short sleeves button down in the warm months.
Pet (Optional): A small pastel calico cat she named ‘Griffin’ but mostly calls him ‘precious bean’
Backstory*: Her family came to Britain from Italy when she was around 5. It was at this time she began showing her magical abilities. Her parents were muggles, so they merely saw it as a blessing from god. At 11 when her first letter came she was so excited and packed her bag practically the same second. It was hard saying goodbye to her mother and father, but she was ready for the journey. Upon arrival and sorting she was glad to find herself in Hufflepuff, thinking ‘What a lovely mascot!’ As she had recently gotten over her fear of badgers (those things can be terrifying). In her 2nd year she began a journey of self discovery after discovering unicorns wouldn’t run from her, and in her 3rd year finally attempted to climb to the girl’s dormitory. She was ecstatic when let in. The summer before 4th year she got Griffin, who she loves and cherishes.
OML Axolotls are soooo cute! Salem isn't a very italian name, but I LOVE your character. You're accepted! My character is Hufflepuff too

AnimeGamer241
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs RP

aleynesansonnet wrote:

Connectation wrote:

Patronus (5th yrs+):

Backstory*: She was born in Ireland, with a wizard mom and a muggle dad. When she was 8 years old, she heard her parents arguing. As she goes downstairs she sees a big green flash of light. Her mom had killed her dad. Because of shock, her mom goes insane. She had adopted countless murders earning her a life prison sentence in Azkaban. Rebecca finds her moms wand next to a note revealing her secret sister. Taking her moms wand, Rebecca heads out for England to find her aunt. But, she soon finds herself 4 years later, on the street looking for food. That's when a mysterious letter arrives inviting her to Hogwarts.
Could you add another worst class please?

AnimeGamer241 wrote:

OML Axolotls are soooo cute! Salem isn't a very italian name, but I LOVE your character. You're accepted! My character is Hufflepuff too
Thanks! Besides, Salem is a name her mother read in a book and lived. It’s acutally American, and shell joke about it