enigmatic-
Scratcher
500+ posts

Pokémon Discussion Topic [OLD]

pearlymoorehen wrote:

sunny401 wrote:

pearlymoorehen wrote:

What would the game versions be called?

We should actually make this a fangame. That sounds cool, actually.
Pokémon Steam and Pokémon Gears? Idk
But one should be named themed around the nature-themed legendary, so they contrast against each other. Gears works for the robot legendary one, though.
roots?

yo
izzy4626
Scratcher
1000+ posts

pearlymoorehen wrote:

y'all like my idea i'm proud :')
copper and iron?? i dunno

pearlymoorehen
Scratcher
1000+ posts

enigmatic- wrote:

pearlymoorehen wrote:

sunny401 wrote:

pearlymoorehen wrote:

But one should be named themed around the nature-themed legendary, so they contrast against each other. Gears works for the robot legendary one, though.
roots?
Ooh, perhaps!
Or Steam and Smog?

“Hilbert! You said you have a dream… That dream… Make it come true! Wonderful dreams and ideals give you the power to change the world! If anyone can, it's you! Hilbert! Well, then… Farewell!” ~ N
Prof_Red
Scratcher
500+ posts

pearlymoorehen wrote:

enigmatic- wrote:

pearlymoorehen wrote:

sunny401 wrote:

pearlymoorehen wrote:

roots?
Ooh, perhaps!
Or Steam and Smog?
possibly, but look a few posts up

`_`// This is Pixel, he protects me from evil kumquats

Did you read the WHOLE post, if not then go back and read it again.

If you don't support, why not?

Be sure to check out games and animations at my profile!

I've moved to @RelatableTV
awsome_guy_360
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Prof_Red wrote:

pearlymoorehen wrote:

sunny401 wrote:

pearlymoorehen wrote:

ok then… pokemon natural and artificial…?
That sounds too specific…

How about Pokémon Smog and Cloud?

I'm running a small experiment, mind taking this?
(╭☞¬ω¬)╭☞ Hello, I'm mostly dead
Oop, and apparently so is that link-
pearlymoorehen
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Here's an idea- There are two evil teams, Cog and the “get rid of all civilization” one someone posted about. It would be determined by your game version- if you got the one with the industrial legendary, it's be the nature one (and vice versa) and they'd harness the power of the legendary you don't get to acheive their goals so you get some sort of epic clash between legendaries (speaking of clashes, I think something that sounds like this would make a good theme for the industrial-ish legendary). Maybe the evil team would get their legendary first and plunge the world into the apocalypse based on which team it is mid-story, and you have to find the other legendary to stop them at the end of the story? Dang, now I'm remided of R/S and B/W. I did love those games, though.

“Hilbert! You said you have a dream… That dream… Make it come true! Wonderful dreams and ideals give you the power to change the world! If anyone can, it's you! Hilbert! Well, then… Farewell!” ~ N
pearlymoorehen
Scratcher
1000+ posts

awsome_guy_360 wrote:

Prof_Red wrote:

pearlymoorehen wrote:

sunny401 wrote:

pearlymoorehen wrote:

ok then… pokemon natural and artificial…?
That sounds too specific…

How about Pokémon Smog and Cloud?
Sounds like what I suggested, but this goes with the theme better. I'll vouch for this one.

pearlymoorehen
Scratcher
1000+ posts

What should the legendaries be based off of, animal-wise?

Prof_Red
Scratcher
500+ posts

pearlymoorehen wrote:

well, I had similar ideas before about a game like this, for the nature one I was thinking a mythological chimera and for the other one, i'm not really sure

pearlymoorehen
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Prof_Red wrote:

pearlymoorehen wrote:

well, I had similar ideas before about a game like this, for the nature one I was thinking a mythological chimera and for the other one, i'm not really sure
Maybe some sort of robotic insect for the industrial one? Like a centipede or something. Or some sort of giant mechanical dragon?

enigmatic-
Scratcher
500+ posts

Prof_Red wrote:

pearlymoorehen wrote:

i don't know about what they should be based on
but i have an idea about types

the nature one could be a grass type
and the other one could be steel?
not sure about their secondary types, but since grass isn't effective against steel, there should be something to balance them
how about steel-fighting and grass-psychic?

yo
awsome_guy_360
Scratcher
1000+ posts

pearlymoorehen wrote:

Prof_Red wrote:

pearlymoorehen wrote:

Maybe some sort of robotic insect for the industrial one? Like a centipede or something. Or some sort of giant mechanical dragon?

I was thinking rather of a Legendary/OP Klank.

I'm running a small experiment, mind taking this?
(╭☞¬ω¬)╭☞ Hello, I'm mostly dead
Oop, and apparently so is that link-
pearlymoorehen
Scratcher
1000+ posts

awsome_guy_360 wrote:

pearlymoorehen wrote:

Prof_Red wrote:

pearlymoorehen wrote:

I was thinking rather of a Legendary/OP Klank.
Ah. But I don't want to just shove some gears together and say “THERE'S OUR LEGEND, GUYS”. It's probably gonna incorporate the navy-and-brass colours of the Team Cog log because they work so well together.

pearlymoorehen
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I was also thinking of the other team being called Team Tempora since it wants to “reverse time” in a way to when there was no civilization. What do you think?

Prof_Red
Scratcher
500+ posts

enigmatic- wrote:

Prof_Red wrote:

pearlymoorehen wrote:

not sure about their secondary types, but since grass isn't effective against steel, there should be something to balance them
maybe, but then again, psychic is good against fighting, but steel is not good against either grass or psychic
maybe electric dark and psychic ground or something

pearlymoorehen
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Prof_Red wrote:

enigmatic- wrote:

Prof_Red wrote:

pearlymoorehen wrote:

maybe, but then again, psychic is good against fighting, but steel is not good against either grass or psychic
maybe electric dark and psychic ground or something
I want the robot one to be Steel, though. It kinda has to be…

Prof_Red
Scratcher
500+ posts

pearlymoorehen wrote:

I was also thinking of the other team being called Team Tempora since it wants to “reverse time” in a way to when there was no civilization. What do you think?
thats and idea, it could be like hoenn games where in one game one team is bad and the other is good, and vice versa in the other game

pearlymoorehen
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Prof_Red wrote:

pearlymoorehen wrote:

thats and idea, it could be like hoenn games where in one game one team is bad and the other is good, and vice versa in the other game
I literally posted that as my idea… Anyway, here's the Team Tempora logo, it's based around clocks or something.

pearlymoorehen
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ok y'all, consider Steel-Dragon and Grass-Ice.

Considering XY had a Fairy-type and a Dark-type as their legendaries, I dunno if we have to worry about how their types play against each other.

Prof_Red
Scratcher
500+ posts

pearlymoorehen wrote:

Ok y'all, consider Steel-Dragon and Grass-Ice.

Considering XY had a Fairy-type and a Dark-type as their legendaries, I dunno if we have to worry about how their types play against each other.
ok, thats settled, now, what should the player's hometown be like, should it be the classic 3 house town (one for the player and their rival since they're twins, the other rival's house and the professor's lab) or be different like black 2 and white 2 or sun and moon where it is different