Discuss Scratch

buffon1a
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch Zoo - The Official Simulation Game. (Status: ALMOST FULL)

bevane wrote:

1) Username bevane
2) How active you are (1-10) 9
3) Job(s) of interest. You may apply for more than one, but if you get into both, workload is DOUBLED. Writer and Advertiser.
4) HOURS available per day OR per week (specify) 2-5 hours a week on writing and I'll work on Advertising full time.
5) A work to audition (people applying for “Advertiser” do not need to submit a work) Writer - Working on something at the moment so I can't get something ready for this.

By the way if you have an Xbox 360 there's a game called Zoo Tycoon that inspired me to join the collab.

Hi bevane

You are in! Welcome to the Scratch Zoo Collab Please follow this forum as well as the studio:
https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/3596356/curators/

Welcome to the scratch Zoo
To introduce you: in this collab, I give different types of assignments, which should be done by a certain due date. Anyone within that take it, and work on it.

As an advertiser, your job would be four things:
1) Bumping this topic when needed
2) Actively look for new members, especially artists, animators, and real composers. Also, look for the famous ones like griffpatch
3) When it is finished, advertise the product, as well as test the project.
4) While we are working on stuff, you should give some comments about appearance, game balance, etc.

As a writer, I will post some assignments soon. They will probably be for descriptions and things

Thanks!

P.S.Although I don't have an XBox, I'll check out Zoo Tycoon on my computer. This idea actually came to me in a kinda childish game called Skyrama I played a few years back
buffon1a
Scratcher
100+ posts

gems89
Scratcher
1000+ posts

buffon1a wrote:

Thanks gems89 and WaffleChurro
no prob bob LOL
unsightedmetal6
Scratcher
500+ posts

SZ

1) Username: unsightedmetal6
2) How active you are (1-10): 9 (I'm on pretty much every day, usually only off because of school
3) Job(s) of interest. You may apply for more than one, but if you get into both, workload is DOUBLED.: Advertiser.
4) HOURS available per day OR per week (specify): At least 3.
5) A work to audition (people applying for “Advertiser” do not need to submit a work): I want to be an advertiser.

I have an Ace Attorney game, although it's just a demo.
Glenn Webb: Ace Attorney DEMO

Here's the collaboration!
Glenn Webb: Ace Attorney Collaboration Topic
buffon1a
Scratcher
100+ posts

HI unsightedmetal6,

You are in! Welcome to the Scratch Zoo Collab Please follow this forum as well as the studio:
https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/3596356/curators/

Welcome to the scratch Zoo
To introduce you: in this collab, I give different types of assignments, which should be done by a certain due date. Anyone within that take it, and work on it.

As an advertiser, your job would be four things:
1) Bumping this topic when needed
2) Actively look for new members, especially artists, animators, and real composers. Also, look for the famous ones like griffpatch
3) When it is finished, advertise the product, as well as test the project.
4) While we are working on stuff, you should give some comments about appearance, game balance, etc.
bevane
Scratcher
100+ posts

buffon1a I would like to do that assignment about rewriting the game description.

bored. like always.

Currently working on: secret project

Advertisement (run by the Advertisement Shop)
The Advertisement Shop is a shop that advertises your shop in signatures! (like here)
buffon1a
Scratcher
100+ posts

bevane
Scratcher
100+ posts

buffon1a wrote:

Great

If you look at the third post in this topic you will see more game details

After you are done, just post a copy here.

Thanks
Here is the new Description (may contain stuff that isn't actually planned for the game): Sounds are razzling. Zoo numbers are dieing down. There's only one who can help… YOU! Build on a small plot and expand, sell ice cream, raise animals of different kinds, and make that Zoo Fortune. But be warned… It may be fun but it might be destrructive.
Let me know if I should rewrite it or anything.

bored. like always.

The Advertisement Shop is a shop that advertises your shop in signatures! (like here)
bevane
Scratcher
100+ posts

You should start thinking about getting writers to work on an intro and tutorial.

bored. like always.

WaffleChurro
Scratcher
100+ posts

Instructions have been added to the game already.

Lets ban Minimods together.
bevane
Scratcher
100+ posts

WaffleChurro wrote:

Oh, then in that case maybe an intro for the game when the player starts a new game.

bored. like always.

joly55
Scratcher
12 posts

I'm staying at my friends place for the weekend, so I'll start working again when I get home. Right now I'm using my phone lol

when green flag clicked
say [Joly55/Jemuel] for (9000) secs
buffon1a
Scratcher
100+ posts

joly55 wrote:

I'm staying at my friends place for the weekend, so I'll start working again when I get home. Right now I'm using my phone lol
OK

bevane wrote:

buffon1a wrote:

Great

If you look at the third post in this topic you will see more game details

After you are done, just post a copy here.

Thanks
Here is the new Description (may contain stuff that isn't actually planned for the game): Sounds are razzling. Zoo numbers are dieing down. There's only one who can help… YOU! Build on a small plot and expand, sell ice cream, raise animals of different kinds, and make that Zoo Fortune. But be warned… It may be fun but it might be destrructive.
Let me know if I should rewrite it or anything.
It sounds terrific, very professsional!

bevane wrote:

WaffleChurro wrote:

Oh, then in that case maybe an intro for the game when the player starts a new game.
We should keep the long intro as a sort of “how the game works”, but bevane's version is definitely the “hook” for the game, so it should be in the top of the instructions, as well as the game intro or something
buffon1a
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hi bevane,

In terms of a tutorial, we will probably make it as a last step. It would be an interactive one, telling you to navigate through the different functions. Then after we program that, we can add words to the tutorial
gems89
Scratcher
1000+ posts

anymore assignmests for me?

Last edited by gems89 (Dec. 12, 2016 00:11:09)

buffon1a
Scratcher
100+ posts

gems89 wrote:

anymore assignmests for me?
Hi gems89,

Since you're registered as an advertiser, there aren't any jobs yet other than keeping on advertising this Collab actively. But, if you would like to work on something else as well, just tell me which job you would like do do as well, and I'll give you assignments!

Thanks,
buffon1a
bevane
Scratcher
100+ posts

buffon1a, since I'm the only writer I could be head writer. Doesn't have to happen but still great idea.

bored. like always.