Discuss Scratch

buffon1a
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch Zoo - The Official Simulation Game. (Status: ALMOST FULL)

HI D2WildFire,

You're in! I'll put you as the Music Director?

Right now in terms of music, you could find a few songs that are kind of carefree, light, and playful of sorts. It shouldn't be annoying though, but you can pick any genre you see fit

Would you also want to join as a secondary programmer or artist? Music Directors don't have much workload, and I won't give you too much if you apply for both.

Thanks,
buffon1a
TheNatureGirls
New to Scratch
16 posts

I will be a game designer if there is an open spot.
gems89
Scratcher
1000+ posts

gems89
Active almost all day so 8
Advertiser and Game Designer
per week it is about 50 hours
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/134549177/
but i have much more than that but i did not share most of them
buffon1a
Scratcher
100+ posts

Great, your in!

There are a few things you can do:

As an Advertiser:

You should spread the news everywhere about this collab. Mostly, we are hiring artists now, so if you know any good animators / artists, that's great! Just direct them to this page so that they can apply here

As a Game Designer

There isn't too many on assignments on this right now, but there are still a few you can do

I would like you to make a buying / selling ice cream page. I know this all sounds new to you, but basically it would be a pop-up that would fill most of the screen, but can be minimized by an “X” button.

The Zoo has an ice cream shop, which sells ice cream to customers as a source of income. But, you need to buy an ice cream shop, and the amount of ice cream you buy at a time is directly proportional to the cost of each pound of ice cream. (for example, buying in bulk makes a better deal).

So, I would like you to design and program an interface for this. There should be maybe a slider to choose how many pounds of ice cream to buy (don't worry about units, just remember to save slider value to a variable). The user should be able to control the working slider, and display how many pounds of ice cream he wants to buy, as well as the cost. (both of these values do not need to be coded in, just save a spot for them to be)

Is this clear? Sorry if I'm rambling, please ask my any questions that you are confused about
gems89
Scratcher
1000+ posts

buffon1a wrote:

Great, your in!

As an Advertiser:

You should spread the news everywhere about this collab. Mostly, we are hiring artists now, so if you know any good animators / artists, that's great! Just direct them to this page so that they can apply here

As a Game Designer

There isn't too many on assignments on this right now, but there are still a few you can do

I would like you to make a buying / selling ice cream page. I know this all sounds new to you, but basically it would be a pop-up that would fill most of the screen, but can be minimized by an “X” button.

The Zoo has an ice cream shop, which sells ice cream to customers as a source of income. But, you need to buy an ice cream shop, and the amount of ice cream you buy at a time is directly proportional to the cost of each pound of ice cream. (for example, buying in bulk makes a better deal).

So, I would like you to design and program an interface for this. There should be maybe a slider to choose how many pounds of ice cream to buy (don't worry about units, just remember to save slider value to a variable). The user should be able to control the working slider, and display how many pounds of ice cream he wants to buy, as well as the cost. (both of these values do not need to be coded in, just save a spot for them to be)

Is this clear? Sorry if I'm rambling, please ask my any questions that you are confused about
oh i know many of them,There is my friend joly55 and judealex
buffon1a
Scratcher
100+ posts

joly55
Scratcher
12 posts

1) joly55
2) 7
3) GUI Artist
4) 5 hours a day, 30 hours a week.
5) https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/134895631/

when green flag clicked
say [Joly55/Jemuel] for (9000) secs
buffon1a
Scratcher
100+ posts

Thank you so much! You're in

The studio is here, please follow it: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/3596356/

As an artists, there are already many assignments out there

If you go to assignment 2 in the projects section, there are many buildings needed to be drawn. HashBrown_Studios (also an artist) has already done a few, you can check them out for an example

The first post in this forum, as well as the Scratch Zoo Collab description has the Scratch Zoo Game Mechanics that I finished making in detail some time ago

Here is an excerpt:

How “Scratch Zoo” Works:
Basically, in this simulation game you are the manager of a Scratch Zoo. You are given a large grid of land, starting with 12x12. To grow your Zoo, you buy buildings of different sizes, try to increase your reputation (which corresponds to how many zoo tickets you sell), try to maintain a clean place, hiring zookeepers and cleaners to do so. The player can buy different animals, but each animal needs a cage, which can fit a certain amount of spaces. (for example, a cage which can fit 10 spaces can house 5 chickens of 2 spaces). There are also buildings in which you can buy to increase reputation or income. A Zoo's cleanliness percentage decreases over time, but cleaners can increase that percentage. Buying a map extension for more buildings calls for more cleaners. All these things affect reputation.

The Zoo has an ice cream shop, which sells ice cream to customers as a source of income. But, you need to buy an ice cream shop, and the amount of ice cream you buy at a time is directly proportional to the cost of each pound of ice cream. (for example, buying in bulk makes a better deal)

That's about it to the game! If you would like to give a suggestion or have more questions, feel free to ask a comment!

P.S. There are two collabs regarding “Scratch Zoo”. There's one made by buffon1a, and another made by Altion. This is buffon1a's team

Thanks!
gems89
Scratcher
1000+ posts

buffon1a wrote:

Great, your in!

As an Advertiser:

As a Game Designer

Aw man i messed up. I made the shop without makings scripts so you have to buy it.Oh well
gems89
Scratcher
1000+ posts

buffon1a wrote:

What do you mean? Could you post the project onto the collab?
i mean i made so that the ice cream shop is automaticly their and i forgot the scoops,income and the different types
buffon1a
Scratcher
100+ posts

No its fine, you just need to add the amounts (not in scoops, in pounds maybe), no need for different types. I'll post a project in a sec to show you what I mean
gems89
Scratcher
1000+ posts

buffon1a wrote:

Bump!
when green flag clicked
forever
play sound [what is the point in bumping? People will find us v] until done
end

Although people will find us faster by bumping tho

Last edited by gems89 (Dec. 7, 2016 23:35:39)

buffon1a
Scratcher
100+ posts

define Question asked?
think [Why did I say this?]
say [bumping brings the post from page 2,3, or even 10, back to the top, so that everyone can see it.]
ask [Does that make sense?] and wait
if((answer)=[yes]) then
say [Yeah. We want our post to be seen :) ]
else
say [I don't get it.]
play sound [What is the point in bumping? People will find us v] until done
Question asked?
end
wait (Response Time) secs
since((response :: sensing)=[Although people will find us faster by bumping tho]) {
say [Exactly. :) ]
} :: control